Found Deceased VA - Nicole Clardy Mittendorff, 31, Woodbridge, 13 April 2016 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What skills would those be?

What was the point in putting out a press release if they didn't think the public would be helpful in locating Nicole?

This gets more and more bizarre by the minute.

The SNP has very challenging parts to hike. It is not like a flat surface; the elevation and temperature changes a lot. They do not want people that is not fit (but well intended) to become a liability. I hike regularly and still find the SNP challenging.

She is a grown married woman. I don't find it "normal" that her employer notified her family that she was missing.

We can agree to disagree. Viva la WS!

Or she was a grown separated from her husband woman. Which means he would have had no idea she was missing till she didn't show up for work Friday. Tons of adults that have gone missing have had family alerted when they didn't show up for work.

Thank you Beach for your hard work on Nicole's case.

On behalf of Websleuths I'd like to welcome all our new members and visitors.

If you have any questions feel free to email websleuthscomments@gmail.com

In addition to the great post Beach started the thread out with I would like to add just a couple of easy things to remember.

Don't be a jerk when you post. If someone is being a jerk to you do not respond. Hit the alert button. It's the red triangle in the lower left-hand corner of the post.

That's it. Very simple :)

Thank you for your contributions to the discussion of Nicole's disappearance.

You never know who is reading at Websleuths and you never know when an idea you suggest ends up helping the case.

Take Care,
Tricia Griffith
Owner/Websleuths.com

:bump:

It was stated MANY times on SM and in the news that Nicole did not show up for her shift on Friday which means her work reached out to her family and let them know she didn't show for work.

It actually doesn't mean that unless it directly states that. There are other possible scenarios...maybe someone tried to reach her at work (like a family member) and they were told when they called that she hadn't shown for the day. I haven't read all of the articles (and you didn't link one) so does anyone know how the family found out she called in sick? Did the FD reach out to them or was it the other way around?

There just might be 2 camps in this disappearance. Those trying to find her and those trying to shut it all down. Something is off. Closing ranks is one thing. I get that-but then you have a public plea for help and attorneys and whatnot. Oh, and a Fire Department putting out their own '911'? Who is writing what....who is in charge. I hope this lady is found safe and no scandal attached. To ANYONE.

I've been following along but this is my first post so....

I agree that "something is off". The thing I keep coming back to is that the VSP may have a POI and they've sort of shut out the group that's been doing the press conferences because the POI is a part of that group. Maybe they're watching them to see if their actions lead them to Nicole or expose their guilt. That's less likely to happen if they're allowed to join the search and are busy with that.

Just want to add that I'm NOT talking about the husband. So many of these things, if foul play is involved, are perpetrated by someone the victims knows. The VSP saying that foul play isn't suspected would maybe make it more likely that the POI would be brazen enough to do something that would help the case.

Just my thoughts.

Ok-I apologize for my over-the-top statements and thinly veiled comments re FD. I am very upset over this missing person and i don't know how to contain my anxiety, I have made stupid comments and I am sorry.
:loveyou: Starry!

On Friday, the 31-year-old failed to report for duty and did not answer her phone when co-workers called to inquire about her whereabouts, Hall added.

Hall, who identified himself as Mitterndorff's shift commander, said fire department protocol requires that employees make a sick call prior to 5 a.m. Hall, however, was unsure if Mittendorff called, emailed or texted to report she would not be coming into work. That is when department brass prevented reporters from asking additional timeline-related questions, suggesting that it could hamper the Virginia State Police's ongoing investigation.

(snipped)

A fire official with intimate knowledge of the case told ABC7 on Wednesday, that there is much more to the case than has been made public by investigators.

http://wjla.com/news/local/candlelight-vigil-planned-for-missing-firefighter-nicole-mittendorff

She doesn't work at Merrifield. Her station had a candlelight vigil last night.

That's not the point: she did work at Merrifield before going to FS 32 and Dunn Loring is only one mile away from Merrifield. Coming from a Fairfax County Firefighter Family, I know these two stations work a lot of the same calls... I know, members from each house have probably met one another. Neither station has any banner or flyers to acknowledge their missing fellow Fairfax County Firefighter!

It actually doesn't mean that unless it directly states that. There are other possible scenarios...maybe someone tried to reach her at work (like a family member) and they were told when they called that she hadn't shown for the day. I haven't read all of the articles (and you didn't link one) so does anyone know how the family found out she called in sick? Did the FD reach out to them or was it the other way around?

Just an FYI I may not have provided the links but others on this thread have provided links to the FD confirming she called out sick on Wednesday. Most jobs protocol is to call listed emergency contacts when they don't show up for work.

STOP with the bickering and rudeness it's uncalled for.

Thanks!

social media

below are the approved social media pages that are okay to link and reference.
(this is subject to change - a mod will advise and changes will be edited within this post.)

find nicole now - offical facebook support page

find nicole.com

help save the next girl

please review our rules, including a more in-depth version of our social media rules and forum etiquette linked here.

• links may be used to direct members to a post by the owner or an admin of an approved social media page/profile.
  • posts by an owner or admin may be copied or quoted. This refers primarily to posts or tweets by msm reporters, and announcements by law enforcement, the immediate family, or the admin of a group support page.
  • paraphrasing is okay.
  • ***note: comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be quoted, copied or referenced. Just don’t mention them.
  • regarding group support pages, i.e., "help find..." and "justice for...”: If at any time the ws staff determines a group support page to be inappropriate, a notice will be posted in the thread stating that the page is no longer approved.

further clarification

we work hard at websleuths to deal with facts only. Speculation is fine as long as it is based on the facts known to us. The facts are usually derived via credible sources, e.g. Le statements, press conferences and msm sources. we do not permit rumors. rumors only muddy the waters and lead to confusion & misinformation. So, no references to a possible pregnancy, miscarriage, affair(s), pending divorce, etc.. We are aware of all those rumors (and more!) which are only able to be sourced by unknown people posting on unreliable sites. we do not do that here. if it can't be linked, it should not be referenced. If anyone comes across something that they feel may be important to this case and it can be verified as a fact, please pm myself or a moderator to review.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation and participation.

Last, but not least - a big :welcome6: To all newcomers following nicole's case. Happy to have you join us!

bumping

It was stated MANY times on SM and in the news that Nicole did not show up for her shift on Friday which means her work reached out to her family and let them know she didn't show for work.

Or her family called looking for her...

Just an FYI I may not have provided the links but others on this thread have provided links to the FD confirming she called out sick on Wednesday. Most jobs protocol is to call listed emergency contacts when they don't show up for work.
Oh, I know there are links that say she called out sick. I'm trying to say that we don't have confirmation as to who called whom about her not being at work on Friday. Did the FD notify the family (as you suggested in your OP) or were her family/friends trying to reach her? I just haven't seen anything in MSM stating that particular event.

Oh, I know there are links that say she called out sick. I'm trying to say that we don't have confirmation as to who called whom about her not being at work on Friday. Did the FD notify the family (as you suggested in your OP) or were her family/friends trying to reach her? I just haven't seen anything in MSM stating that particular event.
We have seen that the FD alerted when she didn't show. Whether they called her, the family, or the police isn't clear, but it's been established that it was her not showing up that raised alarms.

How does a young, vibrant, healthy, dedicated-to-community young woman fall off the radar? Please God help us find her.
I have a daughter near her age,I cannot imagine.

We have seen that the FD alerted when she didn't show. Whether they called her, the family, or the police isn't clear, but it's been established that it was her not showing up that raised alarms.

Cool. Thanks.

I see in the latest linked article above that it says when she didn't show up for her shift on Friday they called her but received no answer. I still just am wondering what the next series of events were. It's neither here nor there really. The fact remains that she's still missing.

Find you way home, Nicole!

Cool. Thanks.

I see in the latest linked article above that it says when she didn't show up for her shift on Friday they called her but received no answer. I still just am wondering who they called next. It's neither here nor there really.
True. I just know from the original FB post her father said it was when she didn't show up for work.

I've been following along but this is my first post so....

I agree that "something is off". The thing I keep coming back to is that the VSP may have a POI and they've sort of shut out the group that's been doing the press conferences because the POI is a part of that group. Maybe they're watching them to see if their actions lead them to Nicole or expose their guilt. That's less likely to happen if they're allowed to join the search and are busy with that.

Just want to add that I'm NOT talking about the husband. So many of these things, if foul play is involved, are perpetrated by someone the victims knows. The VSP saying that foul play isn't suspected would maybe make it more likely that the POI would be brazen enough to do something that would help the case.

Just my thoughts.

Welcome CuriousCat9 :)

:welcome2:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member