VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #1 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the news I wanted to wake up to this morning, poor Nicole. May you rest in peace and your family be strong during this horrible time :rose:

Good eye!! That screen shot was posted November 28th, 2015. Wow.

ETA Completely forgot to add the letters mean R = he read her message, and lg or Ig was her message to him.

My first post here, lurking for a little while. Do you think 'lg' could mean 'looking good?

I found the screenshot you mentioned, wow great eye!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never mind. Could be this, from www.urbandictionary.com :(

LG
Stands for Little Girl, but means so much more: a young girl between 10 and 14 years old who adapts the mannerisms of (what they believe to be) a steriotypical teenager, purely for image and popularity. LGs are often found in mini skirts, skater shoes/pumps/platforms and loads of makeup.

The word LG originated in Vancouver, B.C. after an abundance of the kind were found lurking around the city.
Many young disney channel stars are LGs.
by yoyoyoyoyohfhfhf March 27, 2009

My first post here, lurking for a little while. Do you think 'lg' could mean 'looking good?

I found the screenshot you mentioned, wow great eye!!

Welcome aboard! Mommasouth is the poster who found David on that screen shot. So creepy to see him there.

I don't know what a capital I (i) looks like on kik, but not knowing the context it's hard to figure out. Could be the LG you found (shudder), or let's go, or if it's an I, Instagram or I guess. Or yet something else....

&#!* She was only 13, what's wrong with people?? RIP Nichole. I really doubt that schizophrenia had anything to do with this. It'll be a stupid SA and attempted cover-up. How many 18 year olds show up with a Minions blanket for a date?

Ugh, so sad and depressing to wake up to this news. :(

I'm almost pleased I won't see my niece and nephew (similar age) today as I would feel very much like taking a hammer to their ipads.

We can blame facebook and all these other sites and demand they be taken down, but teens (and those looking for teens) will find other places to go. Just a fact. They'll always try to be one step ahead of us.

What is maddening to me about this is that Nicole wasn't exactly hiding this behavior from her parents. On one of her facebook accounts (where I believe she listed she was a graduate of VT and worked there), she posts pics of her topless boyfriend (posing very provocatively by the way), her mom asks her who that is, and she says that's my bf and he's 15. And then other posts about being single.

Even though we see these types of crimes day in and day out (girls being lured online into danger/death), they continue to have unlimited/unfiltered access to the internet. I can totally see how Nicole would have though David would be a safe bet - he doesn't exactly fit a profile for a bad guy. Looks 100% legit on paper and in life probably. This is a perfect example for us to show to our kids. Trust nobody you meet online. Nobody.

I agree with others who have stated that her structured life of having to be in/out of hospitals, strictly regimented schedule of drugs (to the point an adult gave them to her instead of her being responsible enough to take them on her own), moving from child to adult in age, probably led to her wanting to venture out into more independence and a little rebellion.

Her parents still looked at her as a little child (SHE WAS, really), attached to a minions blanket, and had a false sense of security with her. Sure, maybe she was getting a little boy crazy online, but they thought that was the extent of it.

So take this girl wanting to rebel, be out of her parents and doctors reach for a little, desperate for someone to tell her she is pretty, and bam. End of story.

Ugh. I looked at her FB and some of the groups she posted in. She seemed to be screaming for attention. It's so incredibly sad. And terrifying.

Thanks to the many posters who shared links to IG, FB and other sites where DE may have lured N into his dark sick world ... looking for poster with mask? Remember seeing this very early on and feeling hinky, but now cannot find. Thank you all. :banghead::banghead::maddening::maddening::websleuther:

So basically he intended to do it. Is being accused (sorry, criminal defense paralegal here ><) of willingly killing her.

§ 18.2-32. First and second degree murder defined; punishment.
Murder, other than capital murder, by poison, lying in wait, imprisonment, starving, or by any willful, deliberate, and premeditated killing, or in the commission of, or attempt to commit, arson, rape, forcible sodomy, inanimate or animate object sexual penetration, robbery, burglary or abduction, except as provided in § 18.2-31, is murder of the first degree, punishable as a Class 2 felony.

VA

It could still be that her death was an accident because her death under the commission of another felony makes it 1st degree. It doesn't necessarily mean it was premeditated. But you're right, I very much doubt it was an "accident"

I read 1 thread she was involved in, and that was too much. And I'm 51. At this age, I've seen it all (or at least heard of it all) and that single thread made me want to slap all kinds of people (teens and parents alike).

My youngest turns 13 in a few months and she's in an entirely different universe than Nichole was (she's into community theater, swimming, fiction series about cats, still thinks make-up is stupid and uses IG for funny memes - that usually include Sponge Bob) and let me just say, I'm SO thankful.
OntarioMom, my dau turns 13 tomorrow. I think that's why this case has hit me truly hard. My dau sounds a lot like your 13 yo. And for that I am truly thankful. However, I pray that it stays that way. When I read stories like Nichole's, some of my li'l girl's friends come to mind...it can happen far too easily :(

I think it will be no more complicated than he was trying to "get laid" and then it went horribly, horribly wrong in every way, and he panicked. I don't think there will be more to it than that.

Word to the wise: don't believe profiles on the internet, and meet in a public place if you choose to date online.

This article states they acted on "tips and social media" to solve this case.

edited to add: I don't know why I can't link it. It's on CNN.

Have they blocked her IG accounts? I found 2 but both are private. Thanks!

An individual is guilty of murder in the first degree if the individual (1) kills someone (2) in a manner not covered by capital murder, by any of the following:
Poison, lying in wait, imprisonment, or starving, or;
Any intentional, deliberate, and premeditated killing, or;
While committing (or trying to commit) rape, forcible sodomy, object sexual penetration, robbery, burglary, or abduction.
Although (c) may seem very similar to some capital murder provisions, the difference is that capital murder offenses require the killing to be intentional, deliberate, and premeditated even when the killing occurs in the midst of a different crime. Murder in the first degree that falls under (c) above does not require premeditation, willfulness, or a deliberate character. Section 18.2-32. Likewise, a willful, deliberate, and premeditated murder that does not meet any of the capital murder offenses would qualify as murder in the first degree. Section 18.2-32.
Murder in the first degree is a Class 2 felony. Section 18.2-32. Thus, an individual guilty of murder in the first degree faces 20 years to life in prison and a possible fine of up to $100,000. Section 18.2-10(b).

http://www.virginia-criminallawyer.com/homicide-laws-virginia-code.html

I was hoping this girl would be found unharmed,and brought back to her family. This is so sad, I wish these young girls all felt love at home so they wouldn't have to search it out from strangers on the internet. :frown: In some of the pics she looks so sad in her eyes.

Even if her phone was off wouldn't it still "ping"..........?.?
Somehow through retrieving her texts and with who they may locate her...

New rules are in effect about LE needing a search warrant to obtain texts and other specific info from phones. It can take weeks for the company involved to comply and their is nothing LE can do about it. I read an article about it in 2015 in the Wall Street Journal but I did not think it would really happen nor go into effect so soon.

New rules are in effect about LE needing a search warrant to obtain texts and other specific info from phones. It can take weeks for the company involved to comply and their is nothing LE can do about it. I read an article about it in 2015 in the Wall Street Journal but I did not think it would really happen nor go into effect so soon.

It sounds like this cell phone company complied immediately. They said her phone had been turned off, and an article posted upthread said it was very briefly turned on again and then back off. I think that's probably how they found her remains, but not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member