VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #1 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really cringe to say this but I am sincerely starting to lean towards this is more of a suicide than a luring. Her social media comments are screaming that she is lonely and sad etc.. I keep thinking about the blanket. If her plans were to meet someone, I doubt she would grab a blanket...well unless the plan was just to speak out and be back in by morning.... My fear is she took it with her with plans to harm herself and in her head that was going to be her comfort. Ugh I hate to think like this. It breaks my heart. I know the struggles of being a teenage girl! You want to be grown but you aren't. 13 can be such a confusing time!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Depending on the area, being a 13 year old girl with a liver transplant and on all the meds that cause weight gain, skin problems, ruin your pretty long hair, etc., would be torture. Plus all the school she likely missed. Not a great place to be.

View attachment 88277

I guess that answers that. This IS the same kid taking challenging academic courses a year ago, with a fantastic sports future ahead of him. How the heck...

http://www.roanoke.com/news/local/b...5bd0-9555-14c6a78f1f19.html#facebook-comments

At his age, many underlying mental illnesses, genetic or otherwise, start showing up. And we are talking about an incredible breakdown of a young person's personality in a matter of weeks. One of my acquaintances lost a son to suicide last year after he was suddenly diagnosed with schizophrenia in college. He, too, was a college athlete, excellent student, well-liked, etc.

http://www.greenevillesun.com/news/...240-04da-5ee2-a11d-ca53e3078e9e.html?mode=jqm

I've been thinking about how the internet and social media has caused such havoc in some groups. Generations ago, you'd just panic when a young girl developed a woman's body early - like in the 4th or 5th grade, and looked older and very pretty. That girl was going to be a magnet for male attention that she is in no way mature enough to handle, and it's going to be a very rough couple years keeping her focused on girlfriends, school work and positive activities.

But now, girls can just "create" that that unnaturally early development and attract that attention by posting pictures that don't really resemble them, and claiming to be much older, and in that way attract all that negative male attention that is SO INTOXICATING to girls. That parents and other adults dreaded seeing in developed young girls and knew it would possibly lead them into some very dangerous territory.

Now undeveloped girls can just create that hazard that mother nature can thrust on other girls.

Sad.

Wilson said Nicole Madison Lovell’s remains were found near NC Highway 89, just inside the North Carolina border, about 4 p.m. Montgomery County Commonwealth’s Attorney Mary Pettitt declined to say what condition the remains were found in or whether there was an apparent cause of death.

“I don’t want to comment specifically on what evidence there may be,” Pettitt said. “We’re gathering a lot of it and the medical examiner’s report will be a very important part of that.”

Saturday morning, Blacksburg police arrested Virginia Tech student David Edmond Eisenhauer in connection with Lovell’s disappearance. Eisenhauer, of Columbia, Maryland, initially faced one felony count of abduction and was taken to the Montgomery County jail. Since the discovery of Lovell’s body, Eisenhauer has been charged with first-degree murder, Wilson said.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/local/b...cle_aaffb7cb-328a-5bd0-9555-14c6a78f1f19.html

Piggy backing the last post..

What if he liked 13 year old girls?

Pedophilia starts somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sleuth this: as provided by a WS member upthread, the FB dating site with one of the victim's last posts -- reveals interaction with a probable DE alias in a face mask. The posts by this alias would surely lead LE to DE as a prime suspect. Read his posts and you will see a sick and twisted mind, deviant behavior, references to and the language of 4chan, the dark web for "non-normies" where the postings from the person who committed the fatal attacks on the school in Washington where discovered by LE.

This poster also makes references to dying and being dead, "normies and non-normies" and even...pedophile tendencies with posts that express his lust for 13+ year old's...and more. IF this is DE, he wasn't just your average teen looking for a sexual relationship. Oh no, this kid was dangerous and it was only a matter of time. IMO.

If you are not familiar with 4Chan, it is an underground 'dark web' for those who consider themselves "not-normies' - and those who have and contempt for those who are 'normies'. Scary world out there in cyberspace.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1445234445783786/permalink/1503100376663859/?hc_location=ufi

I'm reading a few comments that suggest the accused killer had to have really good grades to get into Virginia Tech...just wanted to dispel some myths...it has a higher than 70% admissions rate...that's hardly competitive. Compare that to UVA, which has a 30% admissions rate - much more competitive...70% is actually really high and suggests that pretty much anyone can get in lol.

As for the engineering program...I know an athlete with above average grades (not top grades) who got into an Ivy's really competitive engineering program on an athletic scholarship - nothing to do with his grades. There is so much more that goes into college admissions these days besides grades - if you haven't been thru it, you wouldn't believe it!

At his age, many underlying mental illnesses, genetic or otherwise, start showing up. And we are talking about an incredible breakdown of a young person's personality in a matter of weeks. One of my acquaintances lost a son to suicide last year after he was suddenly diagnosed with schizophrenia in college. He, too, was a college athlete, excellent student, well-liked, etc.

http://www.greenevillesun.com/news/...240-04da-5ee2-a11d-ca53e3078e9e.html?mode=jqm

Your friend's son is unusual. Typically, long before schizophrenia becomes full-blown between 18-21 years old, the person has had a long history of antisocial behavior. It's not typical that a successful popular young man goes off to college and then is diagnosed with schizophrenia - usually, the child has struggled academically and socially all his life.

Sad for your friend. What a loss.

Thank you so much that makes sense to me now! Terry Keel sounds like a real life Clint Eastwood character! The world would be a better place if we had more Terry Keels and less do it by the book rules and the attorneys don't get me started on them, I think most of them think it's a game and all about the win!!
But I do not think throwing out the Bill of Rights would bring you the satisfaction you seek. Perhaps in a particular case, but not overall.

Has anyone compared DEs eyes to the FB masked guy? I tried but I'm horrible at that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It sounds like this cell phone company complied immediately. They said her phone had been turned off, and an article posted upthread said it was very briefly turned on again and then back off. I think that's probably how they found her remains, but not sure.

Good. I was hoping since it is likely her parents account, the mom could get it much quicker than LE.

I doubt she was using fake pictures because she appeared to use her real picture in all of the "cute or nah" type posts. She did not even appear to try to dress older (clothes or makeup), so I have to assume anyone seeing her profiles online Knew she was a good bit underage. IMO her pictures looked like anywhere from 11 to 13. I don't think anyone who interacted with her online could ever think she was of consenting age.

If DE met her online (or even in person), there is just not really a chance he thought she was legal.

Rest in peace, sweetie :(

ETA In cases like this, it just doesn't really matter to me what she was doing ' online'. She did not deserve to die and I'm so glad they got their perp so quickly.

ETAA What have we done by creating this world wide web where our babies fall victim every single day and no one can seem to stop it ?

(Hi mommasouth, sorry. Gabe Gaeta was a 17 year old star high school athlete (wrestler). He murdered 6 year old Jenise Wright. ARS, also age 17, murdered 12 year old Jessica Ridgeway. :( )

Maddy Middleton (can't remember the killers name and don't care to look) is another one that comes to mind.

Good eye!! That screen shot was posted November 28th, 2015. Wow.

ETA Completely forgot to add the letters mean R = he read her message, and lg or Ig was her message to him.

Most photos automatically capitalize the first letter so it's likely an I.

We can blame facebook and all these other sites and demand they be taken down, but teens (and those looking for teens) will find other places to go. Just a fact. They'll always try to be one step ahead of us.

What is maddening to me about this is that Nicole wasn't exactly hiding this behavior from her parents. On one of her facebook accounts (where I believe she listed she was a graduate of VT and worked there), she posts pics of her topless boyfriend (posing very provocatively by the way), her mom asks her who that is, and she says that's my bf and he's 15. And then other posts about being single.

Even though we see these types of crimes day in and day out (girls being lured online into danger/death), they continue to have unlimited/unfiltered access to the internet. I can totally see how Nicole would have though David would be a safe bet - he doesn't exactly fit a profile for a bad guy. Looks 100% legit on paper and in life probably. This is a perfect example for us to show to our kids. Trust nobody you meet online. Nobody.

I don't think much blame can be put on Facebook at all really. The internet, as a whole, yes. But pre-facebook there were other places where this kind of stuff went on. So unfortunately, even if those FB groups are taken down...the creeps will just find somewhere new.

It will be pretty hard for me to teach my son to "trust nobody" on the internet though....since that's how my husband and I met each other.

Good find on that screen shot of her KIK page (I have no idea what KIK is.) I noticed it was posted 9 weeks ago. So I have to wonder if this was the 1st time they met or not.

just saw the news on my FB feed. :( RIP

If you look deeper through the profile, there are photos of the person without mask. No question.

Maddy Middleton (can't remember the killers name and don't care to look) is another one that comes to mind.

Most photos automatically capitalize the first letter so it's likely an I.

I don't think much blame can be put on Facebook at all really. The internet, as a whole, yes. But pre-facebook there were other places where this kind of stuff went on. So unfortunately, even if those FB groups are taken down...the creeps will just find somewhere new.

It will be pretty hard for me to teach my son to "trust nobody" on the internet though....since that's how my husband and I met each other.

I agree with you. I find it really odd that not ONE person in that "teen dating" Facebook group posted about how someone from the group died. Makes me want to post a warning in there for all the kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member