VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Te discussion about her dying 'accidentally' as a result of going without her anti-rejection meds is not based on fact. The rejection of a transplanted organ takes some time (with rare exception in the immediate post-transplant hours). A number of days would have to pass before her health would be impaired to the point of death- and it would not have come upon her so suddenly as to make summoning help pointless.
Just wanted to clear that up. I'm still pondering the Bobby Franks-type of causation.

I thought same as fannybrice's husband. Since Nichole had serious health problems, I wondered if she might have died accidentally. We should wait for the facts to come out before branding this young man a pedophile. The fact that a female student got involved in disposing of the body makes accidental death seem more likely as well. Terribly tragic circumstances for all involved. Certainly does not absolve the two arrested from criminal responsibility but perhaps short of premeditated murder on DE's part.

I respectfully disagree. He has been charged with abduction and the top charge of first degree murder. I am sure her body has been seen by an ME since they are the ones who determine MOD/COD. Its obvious the evidence they have is showing them Nicole's death is a homicide and not from natural causes or an accident. The ME also usually comes out to the scene when the body is found to inspect it along with doing the formal autopsy. They wouldn't arrest this man for first degree murder if Nicole had died because of liver problems.

He has been arrested and charged with murder of a thirteen year old. I have seen several other cases like this and later on a charge of rape will be added. I also believe it will happen in this case as well. He seemed to be grooming her by pretending to befriend her online in order to gain her trust. So if he did rape this 13 year old child, then yes, he is a pedophile. It is what it is if that turns out to be the motive.

As far as Keepers helping discard Nicole's body that makes me think it was a murder and she helped him cover it up. That isn't that uncommon either since there have been many cases over the years where a female will assist in after the fact crimes for the purpose of trying to protect the murderer and their criminal acts from being found out.

Imo, he lured Nicole after targeting her online and gaining her trust. Predators like this pick out vulnerable people for their targets. They will tell them things they know they want to hear. Once gaining their trust they will either lure them to meet them or they will come and pick them up at their home. IF he raped her and she became upset and told him she was going to tell on him that very well could have sealed her fate. Or if he had impregnated her that is another motive to murder her. Either way it would make him a rapist because a 13 year old cannot give consent.

By murdering her he could go right on pretending to be the popular guy at school.

Just because someone goes to college and seems to have a bright future ahead of them in the corporate world doesn't immune anyone from being morally corrupt individuals.

IMO

Have you ever been interviewed on camera? You have this big racoon tail hanging over your head (mic), there is a big camera in front of you with a bright light on it. They tell you not to look at it but it's pretty distracting.
You know in the back of your mind that everyone will be watching you later. Even the most secure person can feel insecure and nervous. It's something that you do get used to but for someone like this it's very typical. Again, I think far too much is being read into this clip.

Posting ahead before I'm even caught up this morning...

Yep, I've been interviewed on camera. It's a very unnatural way to have a conversation and yes - the entire time you're thinking to yourself "tons of total strangers are going to see this" so no matter how hard you try to be "natural" you're also trying very hard not to come off like a doofus or an idiot. I also agree, folks are seeing things in this interview they'd likely never see if it was just a blip on the nightly news and then it was off to the next story.

moo.

I can't help thinking poor Nicole has NOT been DE's first on-line (and possibly face-to- face)victim...

to escalate to violence/murder... He probably has been involved in these behaviors for a while...

JMO...

makes me wonder further what evidence LE were searching for in that body of water yesterday...

:waitasec:

Why wouldn't she qualify for bail? Wouldn't a charge like that normally have a bail amount?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't find anything on Twitter about this mornings hearing. The local TV station hasn't posted since yesterday. They did say the warrant states no firearm was used so whatever they are looking for in the water isn't a gun.

Sorry one more question or thought, why are they making it clear it's not a gun that was used? What importance does that hold?

WSLO's headline re the "death investitation" stopped me cold. No editors?

I can't find anything on Twitter about this mornings hearing. The local TV station hasn't posted since yesterday. They did say the warrant states no firearm was used so whatever they are looking for in the water isn't a gun.

I heard somewhere they were looking for her phone.

Sorry one more question or thought, why are they making it clear it's not a gun that was used? What importance does that hold?

I haven't seen the actual docs the press is looking at. It could be as simple as a box you check or do not on the forms that indicates if a firearm was used in the commission of the crime. So I don't know if LE made that an emphasis per se or if the press is doing so because there is so little info out there and this is one piece they were able to glean.

And here's just a general question,

I can understand this guy being a closet pervert and wanting to screw this young girl, but what did he have to kill her for ?....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper