VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It wouldn't surprise me if the murder charge flows from the perp's preventing the victim from leaving, which, without her twice daily medication, eventually caused her death. IOW, it's possible he didn't physically harm her at all but is still fully culpable. The female perp's late arrival to help deal with the dead body suggests her male friend told her a quasi-sympathetic story to explain what happened along the line of "I panicked, didn't know what to do, and then she just died on me."

So the girl died on Saturday, Jan. 30, and police arrested the perp the same day. Either he confessed or he left a trail a mile wide.
No, the wording was "on or about" the 30th. It's likely they have not yet narrowed the time of death, and are using this phrasing as a placeholder for an actual time/date. She *did* die between going missing on the 27th and being found on the 30th, and this is really all that's being stated at this point.

I think they just put "on or around Jan 30" in the filing because the autopsy results aren't back yet and that's the day they found her. I'd be shocked if he really kept her hidden somewhere for several days.

I had a chat with my girl today, not just about cyber safety, but about when she needed to talk to me about her friends, and what they were up to. She looked a bit uncomfortable with that, but I reassured her that if I ever needed to talk to another child's parents, I would do it in a way that kept her out of it- like using a teacher as a middle person. She ended up sharing some alarming things with me about different groups her friends were in.

My girl is the same age as Nicole. The thought of a little girl, only 13, being so desperate for validation that they are in those horrible dating rooms is so sad. Some of the comments were disgusting- how demoralising for such a young person. What a vicious cycle.

Good post.

We have now learned that little Nicole was bullied and made to feel uncomfortable at school. Her mother said that Nicole begged not to have to go to school. (article from one of my previous posts: http://www.wral.com/slain-virginia-teen-mourned-as-investigation-continues/15303377/ ).

I can see, certainly at her tender and so-sensitive age, Nicole wanting to be liked, welcomed and part of a group -- thus her joining the kids on that site (I do not FB or SM, so pardon the wording, please). Now she was somebody, and her description of herself was probably a result of what a lot of kids do when they are too young, too overweight, too short, too tall, crooked teeth, big ears, big nose, un-cool clothes, etc., etc., etc. -- a fantasized version of him/herself -- describing their looks, age, abilities, knowledge, experiences, etc. So very sad and tragic for the families touched by this horror.

Also, she would not go into liver failure/ transplant rejection that quickly. However, more than a couple of days without corticosteroids could make her feel very ill from withdrawal, as these medications in high does need to be tapered very slowly. But no, she would not just die from transplant rejection within a day, or even a week or two.

I had not seen this picture of Nicole or DE, so I thought I would share. Mods, if not appropriate to post, please delete.

[video=twitter;694205033752182784]https://twitter.com/WordLinkTECH/status/694205033752182784[/video]

Good post.

We have now learned that little Nicole was bullied and made to feel uncomfortable at school. Her mother said that Nicole begged not to have to go to school. (article from one of my previous posts: http://www.wral.com/slain-virginia-teen-mourned-as-investigation-continues/15303377/ ).

I can see, certainly at her tender and so-sensitive age, Nicole wanting to be liked, welcomed and part of a group -- thus her joining the kids on that site (I do not FB or SM, so pardon the wording, please). Now she was somebody, and her description of herself was probably a result of what a lot of kids do when they are too young, too overweight, too short, too tall, crooked teeth, big ears, big nose, un-cool clothes, etc., etc., etc. -- a fantasized version of him/herself -- describing their looks, age, abilities, knowledge, experiences, etc. So very sad and tragic for the families touched by this horror.

Catfish on MTV is such a wonderful show to watch with teens. It's a springboard for many topics, but the big one being "catfished" online and the dangers of creating fake personas.

To clarify a post above - she was abducted on the 27th and her body found on the 30th - which would explain the different dates on DE's charges. It doesn't mean that she passed on the 30th. Autopsy will tell when she passed.

According to the charging papers, they are both freshman at VT. Earlier MSM reports said she was a sophmore.

It looks like he is too... February 1, 2016 at 1PM

His docs though... he doesn't know if he owns a car? Also I find it a bit odd that he says "high school grad" at 'Involvement in Education'. Natalie's docs say she's a freshman at VT. I know it's just the way they choose to answer, but did he maybe drop out (fairly recently)?

So both of them will be back in court in 15 minutes? Maybe we will learn more as the prosecution attempts to prevent bail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper