VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I'm sure his parents are paying. He has no income. And it's not a public defender. Mommy and daddy are paying out the you know what.

From what I understand Chris Tuck (who I know of) was court appointed.

Ruminating... I find it hard to imagine NK would help DE unless she was romantically involved with him. Whether she supposedly has a different boyfriend or not, she could have been developing a relationship or crush/obsession with DE. I'm not accusing NK of anything other than aiding after the fact -- but it is interesting that she looks so very angry in her mugshot. I'd say DE looks more sheepish in his mug shot. There have been instances where teen girls have instigated their boyfriends to kill rivals (or done so themselves), over jealous rages. It would be interesting if he later claims NK killed Nicole in a fit of jealousy when she caught them together. This would explain why NK would help cover it up, anyway. Just trying to figure that part out, because if my math tutor called me to help hide a body, I'd decline and call 911!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! These are all the same things I was thinking while reading some previous posts.

If I had to guess, speculation only....NK probably told them where to find Nicole's body.

I was thinking that too. It is my belief that she gave the tips, and that they arrested him and then swooped in and arrested her.

Once the local news broke with the story, I thought Nicole looked much older than 13. There are a few pictures where she looks young, but several of them she looks anywhere from 16-18 and fairly worldly. When I looked at her FB page, I felt a huge sense of sadness and also anger. She seemed to really want to be grown up and a part of the dating scene. It's sad how over sexualized our society has become that a 13 year old joins a dating site. Who was monitoring her social media? Not to point fingers, but people weren't doing their job. Sorry if that sounds harsh. Too many parents are spending time scrolling through their FB and Insta feeds and they don't realize that it's influencing their children. They want to be a part of that, too. She was far too young to be logging onto some dating site. I gather that was a FB group?

I have to wonder if DE is a pedophile. It's possible he didn't know her age or perhaps he did. I wonder if he knew her mother? Oddly enough, watching his video from high school, he slightly reminded me of Warren Jeffs.

Everyone I know uses Instagram. I'm always stunned when people say they still use FB. It seems so crummy in terms of layout and even the sort of people it attracts. Then again social media platforms have different preferences for different people.

And I feel like so many pieces of the puzzle will be missing for a while as Virginia LE is often so tight lipped with cases like this.

I can't even imagine why NK agreed to help DE, but I think we'll find out in time. What really puzzles me is why would he ask her for help in the first place? It could only increase the odds he would be caught. He certainly could've handled the body without help. If he needed a car, then how did he pick up Nicole in the first place? It doesn't make any sense to me.

Some here have mentioned that NG indicated that NK and DE both interacted with NL online. It will be interesting to see what those interactions amounted to.

After days of simply lurking, I decided to create an account so I could post here after my discovery on Facebook.

I found out yesterday that I have a mutual friend with one of DE's relatives. I won't list any names, but DE was on this relative's friends list. Wondering what the connection was between my friend and DE's relative, I found that the relative is friends with multiple people in Galax, VA. I'm not sure what the connection is there, but perhaps she lived in Galax at one point. It seems like there would be some sort of link to Galax if she is friends with multiple people from this relatively small town

Why I think this is significant is because Rt. 89 starts in Galax and leads down into NC, where NL's remains were found. Galax is about 10 minutes from the VA-NC border on Rt. 89. Maybe it's a stretch, but perhaps DE has some sort of connection to Galax through this relative and has been there previously with them, leading to him knowing his way around there a bit.

That makes sense. I was trying to figure out how and if DE had local connections. So it's possible he knew the area better than many of us thought.

After days of simply lurking, I decided to create an account so I could post here after my discovery on Facebook.

I found out yesterday that I have a mutual friend with one of DE's relatives. I won't list any names, but DE was on this relative's friends list. Wondering what the connection was between my friend and DE's relative, I found that the relative is friends with multiple people in Galax, VA. I'm not sure what the connection is there, but perhaps she lived in Galax at one point. It seems like there would be some sort of link to Galax if she is friends with multiple people from this relatively small town

Why I think this is significant is because Rt. 89 starts in Galax and leads down into NC, where NL's remains were found. Galax is about 10 minutes from the VA-NC border on Rt. 89. Maybe it's a stretch, but perhaps DE has some sort of connection to Galax through this relative and has been there previously with them, leading to him knowing his way around there a bit.

I can't even imagine why NK agreed to help DE, but I think we'll find out in time. What really puzzles me is why would he ask her for help in the first place? It could only increase the odds he would be caught. He certainly could've handled the body without help. If he needed a car, then how did he pick up Nicole in the first place? It doesn't make any sense to me.

Good points. They must have been quite close. I imagine he panicked and couldn't think clearly, didn't know what to do, so he called her.

I have a hard time blaming the 13-year-old who was hungry for friends and attention. She was a child. She left with her Minions blanket. She wanted friends. She wanted to be part of the cool crowd and she was shunned. She was different too, and she was bullied and somebody took advantage of her innocence.

I agree. In some ways she seems even younger than 13. Hours before her 'date' she was 'playing in the snow' with 8 yr old twins. That is kind of revealing that she was discussing her plans for the evening with 8 yr olds. I think she was more like a 9 or 10 or 11 yr old than a 13 yr old, intellectually or socially speaking. Very sad that she was not being monitored more closely though. :sigh:

That's SO crazy! Why would she even tell 8 year olds that?!? Trying to impress them? :confused: Glad she did, as it seems it may have helped find DE... but wish she would have listened to the wise 8 year old who told her not to do it :( Those poor twins will have to grow up remembering this now, hopefully not blaming themselves at all :(

Just came across this:

"Stacey Snider, a neighbor of Nicole and mother of 8-year-old twins, said one of her daughters had given law enforcement authorities information that may have played a role in the arrests. The girls were playing in the snow with Nicole hours before her disappearance when, they said, she showed one of them texts she had exchanged through Kik, a mobile instant messaging app, with an 18-year-old that included plans for an evening meeting."

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/02/u...edia-link-to-virginia-girls-killing.html?_r=0

:Welcome1:

Welcome to Websleuths, AllisonM!

Why would a university/college freshman go online looking for a date when they've just been dropped into an campus full of young woman? Doesn't make sense. Think about it. ewww. Most kids are hanging with their roomate, floor, dorm and have a full plate with classwork and social activities.

Tinder wouldn't be as popular as it is if college kids could just walk outside. I realize Tinder isn't the same as "Teen Dating" FB group but I don't think you can necessarily say that because he was on a campus with thousands of girls his own age, he could easily get a hookup or a date. Someone like DE would have a really hard time with that. He's dorky looking and socially awkward.

Just found this corroborating your thoughts, Allison:

***In an email, [Grayson County Sheriff Richard] Vaughan said that Lovell's body was found approximately 1.25 miles from the Virginia/North Carolina state line.

"I understand the defendant has a family member that lives near the Parkway in Grayson County. We suspect the defendant chose this location because he may have been familiar with Fairview due to visiting family members in the past," Vaughan said.***
- http://www.galaxgazette.com/content/missing-girls-body-found-near-galax

Ruminating... I find it hard to imagine NK would help DE unless she was romantically involved with him. Whether she supposedly has a different boyfriend or not, she could have been developing a relationship or crush/obsession with DE. I'm not accusing NK of anything other than aiding after the fact -- but it is interesting that she looks so very angry in her mugshot. I'd say DE looks more sheepish in his mug shot. There have been instances where teen girls have instigated their boyfriends to kill rivals (or done so themselves), over jealous rages. It would be interesting if he later claims NK killed Nicole in a fit of jealousy when she caught them together. This would explain why NK would help cover it up, anyway. Just trying to figure that part out, because if my math tutor called me to help hide a body, I'd decline and call 911!

Highly unlikely. NK is an attractive intelligent woman. Despite what others have said here NL was a child who looked very much like a child. All the makeup, duck lips, and come hither selfies can't hide that. I seriously doubt NK would have seen NL as a threat.

DE and NL met through a teen dating site, by preliminary accounts. That suggests that this might have been sexually motivated. I like to believe the best in people and would like to offer a different explanation.

Suppose they both were looking for love on the dating site, since the age range included both of them. Maybe they became friends, but not romantically linked, at least not in DE's eyes. Maybe he somehow related to her struggles with bullying. In a misguided attempt to help her feel better about herself, he agreed to meet her, much like Beyonce or other celebrities who have agreed to be the prom date of one of their fans. While they are out on their "date" she has a medical emergency, given her history, and he freaks out. I'm sure he would have been aware of how it would have looked if he had tried to get help for her, even though he had the best of intentions. NK most certainly enters the picture after the fact, based on the charges she is facing.

I agree. In some ways she seems even younger than 13. Hours before her 'date' she was 'playing in the snow' with 8 yr old twins. That is kind of revealing that she was discussing her plans for the evening with 8 yr olds. I think she was more like a 9 or 10 or 11 yr old than a 13 yr old, intellectually or socially speaking. Very sad that she was not being monitored more closely though. :sigh:

Her dad said that during the day she went to the mall with friends. Are the 8-year olds the friends she went to the mall with?!??!

[Someone] who lives in the same dormitory as Eisenhauer said, "From what we've heard, he really stayed in his room a lot." [Another student] who lives on the same floor as Eisenhauer and also ran track in high school, said Nicole's death and the arrest of a dorm neighbor was frightening. "Like, it definitely could have been me," she said.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/na...emain_scarce_in_death_of_virginia_13_year_old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay