VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #3 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya know, maybe I'm seeing things that aren't really there. A number of people have mentioned how there are similarities in appearance between Nicole and NK. I can see it symbolically like NK was killing off all the things she didn't like about herself. How many of these things could describe both of them? Not popular, Not stunningly good looking. Lonely. Maybe feeling not as smart as her internal image things she should be, if NK needed a tutor. (Not sure how Nicole's grades were, but compared to a 13 year old, most college students will think the younger person is not as sophisticated or intelligent.) Gullible? Health problems? Feeling unappreciated? Feeling unprotected?

Projection much, NK?

Not that I'm all that sympathetic. A lot of people have difficulty adjusting to college, or have to change majors, reimage what they want to do in life, all without killing a 13 year old to boost their ego.

I wonder what kind of decision process went into selecting Nicole as the victim.

One of my children was involved with youth theatre several years ago, and there were two girls in the group (that I know of) who cut themselves. I know this because I'm close to their moms, and because my DD knew and she told me. Interestingly, both the girls were the high-achiever types. I don't recall anyone actually seeing the cuts - though I wouldn't necessarily know myself if the cuts were visible. What I'm saying is that NK could have somehow hidden the cuts even in a close setting like theater.

Doesn't really matter, I suppose.

I'm thinking the "cutting" of Nicole was a heinous step in NK's own self-cutting. It's like she used Nicole to damage her own self - proving her sense of worthlessness to herself and the world. (Armchair analysis there and worth what you paid for it.) In a way, the murder was a suicide. Her life as she knew it is over.

JMO.

I agree with a lot in both of these posts. You gotta wonder.

In "learning to love herself" so quickly, is what NK really did was push away all the "unlovely" self-perception to someone else, "out there"? All the things she perceived and hated about herself?

Just my gut feeling: DE preyed upon and took advantage of two needy persons. Who knows -- maybe he had thoughts of killing both? Or completely pinning Nicole's death on NK? This is only conjecture -- my "feeling" is just that, a feeling -- and it could be way off.

I am one who believes it IS in the realm of possibility that NK's recent Prozac treatment DOES bear consideration here. There are some folks, no doubt in my mind, who are not "evil types" particularly, who go completely whacko on some meds. I say this not so much to offer any type of "excuse" for NK, but to voice my feeling that if you or someone you love start an antidepressant regimen and it appears that weird effects are happening, even small ones, tread very carefully and press for a VERY well-informed medical second opinion.

Dr Drew was discussing this case. he mentioned a psychiatric syndrome called folie à deux. I think he may be onto something.

Dr Drew was discussing this case. he mentioned a psychiatric syndrome called folie à deux. I think he may be onto something.

It is a fancy French phrase for "two heads are crazier than one."

I really hope NK's counselor doesn't get raked over the coals. It was the university counseling center from what I understand, which means it could easily have been a grad student under supervision treating her. And everyone who knows NK is apparently shocked that she did this, including her family and friends. Counselors only know what their clients disclose. JMO.

The thing about gluten is, it can take anywhere from 2 to 4 months to get totally out of your system. This particular link sets it at three to four months (http://trulyglutenfree.co.uk/2011/03/09/how-long-to-get-gluten-out-of-the-body/). Anyone with a serious gluten problem is going to be aware of that fact, and would know better than to occasionally supplement their diet with Swedish Fish and pasta.

Gluten is gluten. It's awfully interesting how prison food seems to be a problem for her, but her favorite foods don't. Under the circumstances, pardon me if I don't take the complaints regarding her dietary needs too seriously.

Is there a transcript of everything that was said?

I see reference in some of these responses to NK having a boyfriend. Are we assuming or have we heard that there is an actual boyfriend... I was thinking the "Bae" was DE.

Huh. Really? And here I was thinking it was just short for babe/baby.

I guess that would have been too simple!

I think it's quite possible it started out as an abbreviation for baby or babe. At least that's how it was used in my area in the early 1990's.

First of all, I agree that this is a terribly disturbing case. I've followed here for awhile (and post regularly on other WS cases). This case keeps me up at night. That said, I believe there's an alarming trend in this country of doctors prescribing SSRIs without determining if a person has unipolar or bipolar depression. And you're so right, an SSRI can send a person with BPD versus unipolar depression into mania, and that mania can manifest in outwardly violent versus innerly self-destructive behavior.

I'm coming to believe that BPD is becoming more and more prevalent in this country, for whatever reason. I personally know of a high-school student who had issues, was put on Prozac, and totally flipped out. He's now on lithium carbonate (gold standard for BPD) and doing great. In addition, both of my children are on the BP spectrum. I didn't see this coming, but we're learning how to deal with it.

None of that would make this case any easier to deal with, however. I cry for Nicole.

:goodpost:

I cry for Nicole, too.

So... I find this rather curious. From the Blacksburg Chief of Police:

investigators this morning (Feb. 4) went back through the 400-plus leads generated in this case to verify that they had in fact talked with the young teenager quoted in the story. She was interviewed by investigators January 28 and did not provide any information concerning recent contact or conversations she had had with Nicole.
We encourage residents to continue follow this Facebook page for the latest, accurate information related to this ongoing investigation.
Anthony Wilson
Blacksburg Chief of Police
https://www.facebook.com/BlacksburgVaPolice/posts/1156981514325955

In response to this:

A friend of the 13-year-old girl who was abducted and killed here last week said she found out that the girl was having an inappropriate relationship with an adult man and reported it to a school official in the weeks before Nicole Lovell disappeared.

and this

When Kari learned that the man was over 18, she became deeply worried about the situation and contacted a school resource officer at Blacksburg Middle School, she said.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...10eef6-caae-11e5-ae11-57b6aeab993f_story.html

She says she reported it to the school resource officer - and the Chief of police is saying, NO, she didn't.

So... one of them is lying. (unless this was already disclosed and I missed it - this thread is flying so fast it's hard to keep up).

As for the shovel, VA was hit with a huge snow storm (at least for us!). I can't remember the date it started snowing and when it ended, but some areas were projected to get 2 ft of snow (thankfully we were projected to receive that amount, but was closer to a ft.) It was a powdery snow that you could sweep off the porches. Digging in that would have been easy! A few days after the snow, it got a crust on top of it, and was much denser, wetter, and people started sleigh riding, and building snow men. Before that, it wouldn't stick together to make a snow ball.

Thankfully someone spoke! Little Nicole may have eventually been found via pings, gps, or workers near where her body was, maybe someone would have noticed foot prints in the snow, tire marks etc, and found her. If her body hadn't been found, and was buried in the snow on that mountain, it could have been Spring or longer before she was found. Sometimes we have snowstorms back to back. Before it melts from one storm, another hits. It didn't this time.

It is ONLY my opinion that Natalie has done TONS of talking.....because she's reliving it, enjoyed it, and bragging about her deeds. I do believe she was present and most likely helped kill or killed Nicole.

I'm still getting cold chills, and can't even imagine the parents of all involved. Prayers is all I can say at this point. Prayers for comfort for Nicole's family!!! Prayers for the twins she played with that day!!!!

I bet DE is really pizzed at NK about now!

The girl who confided in the resource officer was discussed several pages back. Many felt the girl was not lying. (I am one of them).
I firmly believe we are seeing major CYA at the expense of a child. Sad.

Yes, but given that she posted a pic of her big ole dish of gluteneous pasta that she dined on just weeks before, it begs the question "is this gluten intolerance of the incarceration onset variety?"

Basically, this is full of the same. The sheer GALL to moan about your dietary needs when you have freshly murdered a little girl. I really want to wallop this entitled little twit.

She should have to go to a doctor before getting a special snowflake diet.

Regarding the statement about this being reported by the teenage girl...
Normally I too would think there was CYA. However, based on other knowledge and the fact that the transcripts from the jan 28t discussion had with same said teenager where this was not reiterated.... I'm left thinking - it is not correct.
And this is just my opinion. ��

I really hope NK's counselor doesn't get raked over the coals. It was the university counseling center from what I understand, which means it could easily have been a grad student under supervision treating her. And everyone who knows NK is apparently shocked that she did this, including her family and friends. Counselors only know what their clients disclose. JMO.

NK sought out counseling from the university counseling center. However, prozac and anti-anxiety drugs would have to have been prescribed by a Psychiatrist, a psychiatrist is a medical doctor (M.D.) with a medical degree from a medical school. Therapists' and psychologists' cannot and do not have the power to prescribe prescription drugs because they are not medical doctors. So, it sounds like she was being treated by two professionals through the counseling center, a therapist and a psychiatrist.

According to previous information, she had also received previous counseling, therapy, and perhaps medication for mental health issues and cutting behavior which surfaced in the 8th grade, when she was about the same age as their victim, Nicole.

It sounds like you know NK as you say that everyone who knows her is apparently shocked that she did this.

The girl who confided in the resource officer was discussed several pages back. Many felt the girl was not lying. (I am one of them).
I firmly believe we are seeing major CYS at the expense of a child. Sad.

It was discussed here before the chief of police said the girl had not told them anything about talking to a school resource officer though. At first I was agreeing with the school CYA but hearing the chief saying that, now I'm doubting either way. :/

I firmly believe we are seeing major CYS at the expense of a child. Sad.

I guess it would be hard to prove something like that - whether she spoke to him or not. From the comments on the Blacksburg FB article, it sure seems like that officer has plenty of character references to dispute the idea he'd blow off such a report.

Yeah. That's the way it will be looked at. For what it's worth, the kid did mention her concerns on a post to Nicole's Facebook that back up her claim, she gave her real name and mentioned handing the RO a slip of paper with a guys name, or usename, on it. Even if she is telling the truth, it won't matter though, it's just her word against LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vingigi