VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #3 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or, she joined the Disney club to mock young girls.
JMO

There are teens and young adults who are Bronies (boys/young men who like My Little Ponies). Young women who are Pegasisters (like My Little Pony). They are in clubs, wear MLP t-shirts and have chat spaces, etc. (If you don't believe me, look it up on google.)

She may actually belong to a Disney Princess club. It could be kind of COSplay (costume play) experiences.

While this is not the norm but there are certainly young people who are functional and engage in these kinds of clubs. NOW, to use that membership as a voucher for your character is just plain ridiculous. Many of the people who belong to these clubs are not sheltered or unworldly.

"We understand the allegations are disturbing and serious," attorney Kristopher Olin said. "But they are just allegations."

Keepers told the judge that she began cutting her body and had considered suicide "a few times" after being bullied in school five years ago. She said she's been in therapy and taking Prozac since then. She's also allergic to the gluten in jail food, Olin added.

Keepers insists she was not present at the killing itself but she went along for the ride, Pettitt said. And once Nicole was dead, Keepers helped load her body into Eisenhauer's Lexus, the prosecutor added.

http://news.yahoo.com/woman-charged-teens-death-says-she-too-bullied-091524679.html

JMO-IF NK has bipolar and Prozac caused a problem such as mania or a psychotic episode bad enough to commit a heinous murder, she would have continued to deteriorate after the murder, not suddenly get the insight to hide her crime (badly), make self-serving statements to LE, and then sit in front of a judge and try to manipulate him into letting her go home where she would get the help she needs from her parents (yeah, right). She would be in a psychiatric facility getting stabilized. She would not be sitting in an isolated cell bummed out over a bad mattress and gluten-filled jail food.

There are teens and young adults who are Bronies (boys/young men who like My Little Ponies). Young women who are Pegasisters (like My Little Pony). They are in clubs, wear MLP t-shirts and have chat spaces, etc. If you don't believe me, look it up on google.)

She may actually belong to a Disney Princess club. It could be kind of COSplay (costume play) experiences.

While this is not the norm but there are certainly young people who are functional and engage in these kinds of clubs. NOW, to use that membership as a voucher for your character is just plain ridiculous. Many of the people who belong to these clubs are not sheltered or unworldly.

I agree. My hunch is that NK was into role-playing and fantasy....AND ALSO that she possibly used the Disney site to find young girls to taunt. I mean, she found Nicole. I'm not sure Nicole was on Disney, but I think the fact that NK was on Disney works against her - since she murdered a young girl - not as proof of her own sweetness.

JMO.

Or, she joined the Disney club to mock young girls.
JMO

I did a quick search on the Princess Club. Came across a Tumblr page...
"The Baddest *****es on the Block, The OFFICIAL Blog of The Princess Club".

BuzzFeed also commented on it, titled "These Brilliant Snapchat Stories About Disney Princess' Secret Lives Will Make You Laugh Out Loud."

Wasn't the comment about the Princess Club the one that made NK chuckle. Almost like an inside joke as if she was a princess with a secret life.

BuzzFeed also commented on it, titled "These Brilliant Snapchat Stories About Disney Princess' Secret Lives Will Make You Laugh Out Loud."

Wasn't the comment about the Princess Club the one that made NK chuckle. Almost like an inside joke as if she was a princess with a secret life.

Her parents or her lawyer mentioned it. They may be out of touch, looked at some of her SM, and mentioned it without talking to her about what it is ablaut for her.

The Bronies/Pegasister people are not into cruel. Just to be clear.

Natalie saw a therapist, Laura Davis, at Cooke Counseling Center at Virginia Tech. Davis said in early December 2015 that Keepers did not need to keep coming. Additionally, Keepers went to a psychiatrist, Dr. Arbuckle, who prescribed 40mg of Prozac and anti-anxiety medication.

Keepers is also allergic to gluten and has never touched alcohol or drugs. She was asking for bond because the jail is not providing a gluten-free diet and only 20mg of Prozac. She offered not to touch alcohol, not to commit suicide, voluntarily freezing her bank account, and to wear an electronic ankle monitor in exchange for bond.

http://wset.com/news/local/suspect-in-13-year-olds-murder-in-court-today

Aha. That makes sense.

"She's also allergic to the gluten in jail food, Olin added." http://news.yahoo.com/woman-charged-...091524679.html

But, she is not allergic to the gluten in out of jail food?

Seriously, is this an allergy or a sensitivity? My guess sensitivity because she would be sicker than sick if she was allergic.

"She's also allergic to the gluten in jail food, Olin added." http://news.yahoo.com/woman-charged-...091524679.html

But, she is not allergic to the gluten in out of jail food?

Seriously, is this an allergy or a sensitivity? My guess sensitivity because she would be sicker than sick if she was allergic.

LOL I thought the same thing. She's only allergic to the gluten in jail food. :facepalm:

My 17 month old has JUST been diagnosed with gluten allergy (waiting on small bowel biopsy to confirm celiac) and soy allergy, after MONTHS of severe illness, massive diarrhea, hives, swelling of the face, inability to sleep for more than a couple hours at a time, crying and whining and writhing in pain constantly for the past 6-7 months. I'm seriously doubting she is allergic to gluten. More likely sensitive to gluten. If she were allergic, and being forced to eat gluten, she'd have had to been given medical attention by now. We inadvertently exposed my son to gluten after a month gluten free and he became so ill we debated calling an ambulance last week. My sister is gluten sensitive. While she feels better on a gf diet, it is not a life threatening situation as it is with my son.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://wset.com/news/local/suspect-in-13-year-olds-murder-in-court-today

For me this bit from the above link: "Court documents show Keepers began planning the murder in early January." Makes me think she was very much in control of the situation. MOO of course.

Even if she did not actually committed the murder, IDK why wouldn't her charge be Murder 1 if she had a month to STOP all this, contact someone and save her life. A month is a long time to plan and execute a murder. Why is she not getting the same charge as DE?

My 17 month old has JUST been diagnosed with gluten allergy (waiting on small bowel biopsy to confirm celiac) and soy allergy, after MONTHS of severe illness, massive diarrhea, hives, swelling of the face, inability to sleep for more than a couple hours at a time, crying and whining and writhing in pain constantly for the past 6-7 months. I'm seriously doubting she is allergic to gluten. More likely sensitive to gluten. If she were allergic, and being forced to eat gluten, she'd have had to been given medical attention by now. We inadvertently exposed my son to gluten after a month gluten free and he became so ill we debated calling an ambulance last week. My sister is gluten sensitive. While she feels better on a gf diet, it is not a life threatening situation as it is with my son.

Sorry to hear about your son's severe reaction. I hope he does not have Celiac.

I am gluten sensitive. I feel much better when I don't eat it. But, if I do eat it, I am not that uncomfortable. If I were in jail and they gave me a sandwich, I could eat the meat, discard the bread, and be okay.

I don't think Natalie gets that when you deprive someone of their life and liberty, you get deprived of liberty and freedom to choose what you eat, when you eat and where you live.

My son cannot even use shampoo or soap or toothpaste with gluten without hives and joint pain and swelling. The accidental exposure to gluten last week was through the makeup I was wearing.

People often say they are allergic to something when in fact, it just doesn't agree with them.

If it's a matter of discomfort for her only, I'm not inclined to be sympathetic for her one bit.

The fact that DE told police he gave Nicole a "side hug" sticks out to me. IME it's something that's sometimes used when working with children who've been sexually abused and/or have trouble understanding appropriate boundaries. A professional working with them might suggest a high five or a "side hug" as a less intimate way to show affection.
However, it's also apparently something some Christian groups endorse (the Duggars, for one). Wikipedia isn't the best source of information, but this explains it a bit:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Side_hug
Not sure that any of this is necessarily significant, but considering that DE attended a Christian high school, quoted the bible when arrested, and the comments from NK's father regarding their "Christian family", it seemed worth mentioning.

Edited to provide slightly better source. :)

About her GPA...my guess is she was taking AP classes, college level classes which are much more demanding than the regular high school classes. Hence harder class, harder to get A's in. They also carry more weight, usually, in GPA. However, some school districts to not weight gpa's. Our school district here does not. So someone with a 4.0 taking regular classes looks good on paper but colleges want to see that the students are challenging themselves. A student a 3.29 taking AP classes is actually a student they will look at first. That may also be by the top 15%.

I am suspicious of these schools where like 80% of students have over 3.7 or whatever. It's been shown that the average GPA has risen significantly over the years. Did you know the average GPA in 1990 was 2.68, and now it's a 3.0? I think a lot of these kids are going to have a huge wake up call one day. Either in college (or the grade inflation might continue) or when they start looking for a job. Not that HS GPA matters at all after you enter college, but these young adults and their parents think they are "extraordinary" because of their ~straight A's~ and not all of them are.

I'm sure eventually there will be roommate quotes, etc but Tech is a close knit school, and they take attacks on their school personally. In the days following the massacre there were signs posted on the highways MEDIA PLEASE GO HOME. Students will defend the honor of Tech against these horribly random acts that keep occurring. I'm proud of the students for not sensationalizing this event as some would love for them to do.

I agree. While I would love to hear anything their peers have to say, it doesn't really help the situation. If they have something relevant to the case, they should tell LE.

A few years ago, someone in the media told me to only talk to the media if it served my purposes. If you need to get the word out about a missing person or a new business, talk to the media. In other words, use the media, don't let them use you. If there's nothing in it for you, nothing good can come of it - people will pick apart what you say and check you out online.

I could see that theory working. The only thing is he keeps telling people he's lonely and for someone to message him on kik. And another girl also warns Nicole about him on one of his posts. But it could be totally fake! He's so gross.

I remember reading a few pages back (although now I can't find it) in this thread that some of you have also discovered the Instagram guy who takes the selfies in front of the camo shower curtain. I don't want to supply his log in name here, but I was looking at his instagram a few days ago, then nicoles, and then again today and IMO I think that camo selfie account is a fake. I think maybe Nicole and some of her friends found this guy's real account, copy his picture, and created this account. Why, maybe as a way to have fun, make someone jealous, prove to other people that she has a boyfriend, etc. Because on that guy's supposed instagram, there are pictures still up of Nicole looking a bit older, posed and polished (she still looks young, but she doesn't look super young like she does in the Dr. Pepper picture, etc). And there are lovey dovey back and forths in the comments, such as "i love this girl [Nicole], she is my girlfriend, she is my one and only" Nicole replies "oh i love you baby, you're the best". It just seems totally staged. Maybe she was trying to prove to someone she had a boyfriend, maybe she was trying to make someone else jealous. But if this guy really had a relationship with Nicole, you would have thought he would have locked his account, erased those pictures, deleted comments, etc. And I think that points to the fragile state of mind Nicole had. She was still such an innocent child, looking for some kind of validation, attention, etc. It makes me feel even more sorry for her, makes me even more sad.

I am suspicious of these schools where like 80% of students have over 3.7 or whatever. It's been shown that the average GPA has risen significantly over the years. Did you know the average GPA in 1990 was 2.68, and now it's a 3.0? I think a lot of these kids are going to have a huge wake up call one day. Either in college (or the grade inflation might continue) or when they start looking for a job. Not that HS GPA matters at all after you enter college, but these young adults and their parents think they are "extraordinary" because of their ~straight A's~ and not all of them are.

bbm That's a true fact. With my oldest being a senior this year I see this going on so much with other kids and parents, especially. My DD has a pretty high GPA but I never realized how important a GPA is here in the US for college purposes. So I never cared or put pressure on her for it. She just got it because of her grades, and she got those because she actually loves to learn. I've never even put much of an emphasis on her grades either. I found it more important she was well rounded. She ended up (with) both. But it's really weird to see parents brag about their kids' GPA and straight A's and knowing the kid and you know they might be book smart but they're really not 'all that'. I'm just talking about a select few that are truly over the top and I'm not trying to humble brag or veiled brag about my kid but I'm seeing those kids and I'm just hoping they'll last in college.

There is grade inflation at a lot of schools, but a lot of the increase can be attributed to being able to earn a 5.0 from AP classes. One of my sons went to UCLA where the average GPA of incoming freshman is 4.3 (incoming freshmen also have very high SAT scores so it's likely that those grades were deserved).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste