VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #3 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Before Lovell disappeared, Pettitt said Eisenhauer and Keepers planned the murder and went to the Walmart in Christiansburg and bought a shovel...

According to Pettitt, the murder happened on Craig Creek Road in Blacksburg. After the murder, Keepers helped load Lovell’s body into Eisenhauer’s Lexus. They drove to the Walmart in Wytheville and bought cleaning supplies, and then dumped Lovell’s body in Surry County, North Carolina.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/new...rs-bond-hearing-is-at-11-am-thursday/37815112

Both shopped at Walmart before & after ^^

One of my co-workers lives on that road! I used to head out there back in the day to look at meteor showers. It's definitely secluded, but ever since the murders at Caldwell fields, police patrol fairly regularly. They were taking a risk...

Before Lovell disappeared, Pettitt said Eisenhauer and Keepers planned the murder and went to the Walmart in Christiansburg and bought a shovel...

According to Pettitt, the murder happened on Craig Creek Road in Blacksburg. After the murder, Keepers helped load Lovell’s body into Eisenhauer’s Lexus. They drove to the Walmart in Wytheville and bought cleaning supplies, and then dumped Lovell’s body in Surry County, North Carolina.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/new...rs-bond-hearing-is-at-11-am-thursday/37815112

Both shopped at Walmart before & after ^^

Is that Walmart open 24 hours? Or did they have to wait till morning?

Also, now we know the location of the murder, Craig Creek Road - most likely in the car? (Again, like Leopold and Loeb)

Is that Walmart open 24 hours? Or did they have to wait till morning?

Also, now we know the location of the murder, Craig Creek Road - most likely in the car? (Again, like Leopold and Loeb)

It's open 24 hours.

David and Natalie met at a bbq and planned the killing that day? Listening to HLN.

I love how you describe the citizenship aspect of your daughter's online presence. From a slightly different angle, I have two kids who are polar opposites. I can and have done similar things with my one child. The guidance and dialogue got us to a great point and safely launching to college next year. My second is mercurial, impulsive and full of adventure. On the net and in life, a new plan had to be hatched because it was not just about awareness and dialogue. He needs boundaries and guidance in ways that have challenged and will challenge us.

Your point about being the guide for child is well stated. I think the underscore for me is that one has to recognize who your child is and how they function in order to get the best plan in place. I have seen many parents abdicate to what other families do rather than recognize safety is centered on who your child is. Not all kids should drive at 17. Not all kids are ready for college at 18. Certainly, there are many young kids who are not ready for an unchecked online life no matter how small their digital footprint is.

It may not be enough to have your child's password and access to their phone on a regular basis. Many parents may need to really look and assess what their child is up to. I have seen a lot looking through some of the teen profiles that have a missing thread on WS. I often think how could they have some of the photos and statements posted.

Well said. It is so important to understand personality and developmental differences!

It is a misleading societal construct that all or most kids are ready, have the skills, abilities, impulse control ect...for different privileges/responsibilities, at (roughly) the same age. The guidelines are just using statistical averages.

(Reminds me of that quote by Mark Twain about lies;
"There are three kinds of lies: Lies, Damn lies! and statistics.").

Yes! my child has some challenging, atypical aspects to her makeup as well, I have had to go against the grain, many, many times because I know her. and it's hard sometimes, because people are a judgemental lot.

(Bedtimes, what my kids eat, how they dress,
recreational activities, what they read, watch, listen to, and SO many other areas people feel entitled to critique, not up for debate with the Nosy Nellies as far as I am concerned lol!).

We don't try and keep up with Jones's around here.

For example, she is, just about literally, the only one of her 5th grade friends, who does not have her own phone. (I kid you not, all these 11 yr. Olds have iPhones here!), I feel she is not ready yet, and also I see no good reason to have the added expense. We share my ( Non IPhone), android phone, and for now that will have to do.

Quote from article: "Her father said Keepers is being held in solitary confinement at the jail because she is “not street smart” and would be bullied and targeted in jail.

Her dad complained that Keepers is not getting the correct medication in jail, and that she does not have a proper mattress for her allergies."

I know this would be hard for a parent, but he will have to realize his daughter is no longer his princess. She opened a door to a world/life that she will never be able to escape from.

Long time lurker here. Just a question, does Virginia have the DP?

Wouldn't DE be a candidate for it?

I mean the crime was planned and executed almost for a thrill. JMO

It's just like this type of losers to tell the story to the end, then both deny the murder. In the case, surely, the hand of one is the hand of all. They plotted together, they both disposed the body. A jury probably wouldn't care who held the knife. I know I wouldn't.

I think they are both going to prison regardless. But, the knife would mean the difference of knowing exactly who killed Nicole. IF tried separately, I can see David's attorney holding Natalie out as the crazy one who did it and he was the accessory. Conversely, I could see Natalie's lawyer banking on David's fear of revelations of his previous relationship. This is exactly why they have been so tightlipped and looking in ponds for evidence.

One of my co-workers lives on that road! I used to head out there back in the day to look at meteor showers. It's definitely secluded, but ever since the murders at Caldwell fields, police patrol fairly regularly. They were taking a risk...

What is on Craig Creek Road? a building? or it was done out in the open?

Jail and prison should really give her a dose of real-life excitement. Good for her.

Agree! I guess going off to a big college and meeting all kinds of new people was not very exciting for this girl, NK!
And did they really think that they would get away with murder???

I think her actions are the punch in the stomach, not the meds. I see the "blame the meds" defense on the horizon. But, interestingly enough she was just home for the holidays and didn't kill her family in a haze. She created a plan to kill someone else. Not much hope that she will be able to plead incompetence and get away with it.

I also wonder if the defense will blame the medication. I wonder how long she was on them.

If she was in and out of therapy in hs why would prescribing meds be like a punch in the stomach to dad? Maybe it should have happened a long time ago. Just watch....they'll blame the meds

I think finding out about the murder was the "punch in the gut"

Yes we do have the Death Penalty. i believe you must be charged with Capital Murder.

Quote from article: "Her father said Keepers is being held in solitary confinement at the jail because she is “not street smart” and would be bullied and targeted in jail.

Her dad complained that Keepers is not getting the correct medication in jail, and that she does not have a proper mattress for her allergies."

I know this would be hard for a parent, but he will have to realize his daughter is no longer his princess. She opened a door to a world/life that she will never be able to escape from.

Hi rob, do you have a link for this? TIA!

The Commonwealth attorney said that Keeper told police that Keepers and Eisenhauer sat down and bounced ideas off of each other on how to kill Lovell.

According to the Commonwealth attorney, they agree at the time that they should cut Lovell's throat.

We will have the latest information for you.

http://wset.com/news/local/suspect-in-13-year-olds-murder-in-court-today

It's just so awful. It's such a barbaric act to plan out, but to cut a young girls throat is unthinkable. If you felt you 'had' to kill someone, there are many methods which would be painless or much more peaceful. They chose a method so cruel. No compassion, consideration or concern for Nicole's life. It makes me sick.

Keepers is talking, probably hoping to get a deal.

Keepers gave detectives information about where in her dorm room they could find a suitcase containing a blanket that Nicole had with her when she went missing and cleaning supplies that Keepers and Eisenhauer had used, according to Pettitt.

She also told police where to find the body, Pettitt said in court today.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/virginia-tech-student-excited-part-alleged-murder-fbi/story?id=36712925

Thats interesting. Earlier I read that LE found Nicole's body wrapped in the blanket she took from home, although perhaps it is another blanket.

If she kept Nicole's blue minion blanket and hid it in her room, why? Was it a souvenir of the crime like some criminals hang on to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste