VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #4 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As to the shovel, anyone here have any idea how many types there are??? Each shovel has it's own purpose and designed for that purpose. Shovels for cleaning horse stalls, barns, digging, pushing snow, shoveling snow, mixing cement, gardening, removing sod, digging hole for something like a tree, or planting fence posts, breaking up hard sod, etc.... Proper tool, yes the ground was soft enough to dig. I buried a cat during the same time frame. However, you're not going to bury anything with a snow shovel. So whether they bought the right kind of shovel or not, I have no idea.

Plus digging is physical work. Digging while their adrenaline was flowing would have been easier. Waiting hours later, after driving to NC, their thoughts probably changed, and they just decided to dump the body and get moving. I think the original plan was probably to bury her near campus, or one of the roads near campus, and whether the snow contributed on that change, I don't know. But it would have been difficult to stop most places and move a body to an area to bury without leaving footprints in the snow, and without getting the car stuck in the snow. Plus the red mud under that snow is slick. What snow had melted would have likely left the ground a muddy mess. Think sucking off your shoes mud! A car will sit and spin without being able to get traction.

Still, you can't rationalize the irrational, and no matter how we try to figure out the why....there is no reason that we can understand. Assuming we're rational folks, and not serial killers, thrill killers, etc.

This. Also, I'm sure she didn't interact with him in messages with the maturity level of an 18 year old. There's just no way. 13 is so young.

When I was 13, I was a freshman in high school. I looked young, but mentally I was very mature. My mother was on me to ensure I didn’t get into trouble and it's a good thing she did.

This particular 13 year old though neither looked nor acted 18. Yet she claimed to have smoked and apparently was involved in some type of sexual activity. Very confusing, troubling and sad. My oldest child is only7 years younger than she was. That scares me.

She didn't deserve this. It sounds to me like everyone warned her but she thought it wouldn't happen to her. Who thinks something like this could ever happen to them?

Good question on the shovel 2hope4......with these two knuckle heads who knows.

Every single move that they have made since the first contact is mind boggling on level of stupidity. Book smart, self entitled soulless individuals.

DE for having physical contact with Nichole. Then trying to erase her.

NK.....she would have killed someone/animal.....eventually. moo

If NL was claiming to be that much older than she was, perhaps DE isn't a pedophile. Perhaps he was looking for a female his own age on the internet. Perhaps they already exchanged inappropriate material before he met NL in person and realized NL wasn't actually 18. That could have freaked him out and provide a motive for murder, especially considering NL was telling other children she had this "boyfriend." So that relationship was going to be "exposed" not because NL was going to go to the authorities but because NL wanted to tell everybody about it.
"

When I was 13, I was a freshman in high school. I looked young, but mentally I was very mature. My mother was on me to ensure I didn’t get into trouble and it's a good thing she did.

This particular 13 year old though neither looked nor acted 18. Yet she claimed to have smoked and apparently was involved in some type of sexual activity. Very confusing, troubling and sad. My oldest child is only7 years younger than she was. That scares me.

She didn't deserve this. It sounds to me like everyone warned her but she thought it wouldn't happen to her. Who thinks something like this could ever happen to them?

Smoking for a transplant patient would be a big no no. But she could have made that up to appear more mature.

Sounds like NL had way too much free time on her hands. Since she was sickly it appears mother was doting on her more than usual, allowing her to stay home instead of going to school. So then NL was looking for love in all the wrong places. Even when her cell phone was taken away, it appears she quickly got it back. She was talking to much older men so this was going to lead to trouble sooner or later. Sad situation all around.

Thinking about the phones. We know DE and NK had phones at the time of their arrests because she texted him "POLICE." So, they either kept their phones or had bought new ones, which would look suspicious.

As for Nicole, if I remember right, when she was still simply missing police said they'd been calling her phone but it had been turned off. This would indicate that DE had her turn it off shortly after picking her up. Otherwise, police would have been able to trace cell tower pings and known she'd been to Craig's Creek Road. It would seem he found a way to get her to turn it off quickly or he took it from her shortly after picking her up. If he took the aggressive route, Nicole would have been upset and possibly looking to hop out at a traffic light. Then there's the possibility Keepers was along for the entire ride and was able to keep her under control. Or there's the possibility that he told her they were running off together and she had to turn it off.

Just sickened by that MINGLE AD. And are there no girls other than NK, that could be remotely interested in the track guy on campus? He wanted something secret..and I suspect he wanted a minor. (KIK, I think, is the same way baby-fryer Ross Harris found his underage sexters) JMO

http://kimatv.com/news/local/locals-react-to-former-yakima-teen-charged-with-murder

From a Yakima Riverside Christian School parent: "It's unfortunate that this young boy had to leave this school because truly I think if he would stay in this setting it might have been a different outcome for him and that's what I believe. And I truly in my heart believe that," said one parent.

I find this angle on DE pretty interesting, because through his 10th grade year, he was basically in a bubble...in a private Christian school. Perusing their website, they seem to be very typical. They feature their young kids (future payers) and place a good deal of emphasis on athletics. Typical model.

But it's what the parent said that struck me. Many parents at Christian schools feel this way. The world is evil and there are a lot of bad influences out there. We know David did very well in track at his Maryland school, but not much is known about his connections. Transitioning all the way across the country in 11th grade, to a much larger public school, must have been extremely difficult for a 15-16 year old. Did he make any close friends in those two years?

Not defending at all, just trying to use the information we have to paint a picture. It's very normal for these small, private schools to have their lower school kids interacting with the high schoolers. The older kids are groomed as mentors, and highly regarded. The little kids adore them and high-five them on campus, etc. Maybe DE initially got involved on sm with Nicole as a mentor of some sort?

He wouldn't be mentoring Nicole. She was in middle school, he was in college. They wouldn't have been on the same campus. I think obviously they met on-line. From what has been reported, Nicole was actively looking for men on the internet and was communicating with more than one. I presume that's how she connected with DE.

http://kimatv.com/news/local/locals-react-to-former-yakima-teen-charged-with-murder

From a Yakima Riverside Christian School parent: "It's unfortunate that this young boy had to leave this school because truly I think if he would stay in this setting it might have been a different outcome for him and that's what I believe. And I truly in my heart believe that," said one parent.

I find this angle on DE pretty interesting, because through his 10th grade year, he was basically in a bubble...in a private Christian school. Perusing their website, they seem to be very typical. They feature their young kids (future payers) and place a good deal of emphasis on athletics. Typical model.

But it's what the parent said that struck me. Many parents at Christian schools feel this way. The world is evil and there are a lot of bad influences out there. We know David did very well in track at his Maryland school, but not much is known about his connections. Transitioning all the way across the country in 11th grade, to a much larger public school, must have been extremely difficult for a 15-16 year old. Did he make any close friends in those two years?

Not defending at all, just trying to use the information we have to paint a picture. It's very normal for these small, private schools to have their lower school kids interacting with the high schoolers. The older kids are groomed as mentors, and highly regarded. The little kids adore them and high-five them on campus, etc. Maybe DE initially got involved on sm with Nicole as a mentor of some sort?

One would also wonder if opposite sex interactions were discouraged and when he was thrust into a regular school he felt socially awkward with girls and that's why he gravitated toward a younger one.

Have you seen her photos? Even assuming she claimed she was older, how could anyone reasonably believe it? She looked like a child, and all her poses in the photos are very childish. She also apparently liked to hang out with younger kids. She was even younger mentally than her bio age.

She was out playing with the 8 yr old twin neighbors and bragging to them about her 'boyfriend'. Doesn't sound too grown up acting to me either.

One question, I may have missed this, how did LE get onto NK? Did DE spill on her, or did they find her thru social media?

One would also wonder if opposite sex interactions were discouraged and when he was thrust into a regular school he felt socially awkward with girls and that's why he gravitated toward a younger one.

This is quite possible. Many Christian schools forbid dancing, and proms are, well, awkward. Hugs between the sexes will get you a PDA and a trip to the prinicpal.

She was out playing with the 8 yr old twin neighbors and bragging to them about her 'boyfriend'. Doesn't sound too grown up acting to me either.

One question, I may have missed this, how did LE get onto NK? Did DE spill on her, or did they find her thru social media?

I think DE told them about her. Sounds like she was supposed to have been his alibi.

"According to Eisenhauer’s account, he gave Lovell a “side hug” outside her home and then returned alone to Keepers’ dorm on Virginia Tech’s campus, Pettitt said."

http://www.roanoke.com/news/crime/b...cle_c3087e38-4c85-5adf-b2c5-063176aa7462.html

Perhaps he gave Keepers as his alibi and she wasn't such a good actress after all?

It is hard for me to ignore the pedophile angle. I have known a lot of college aged boys and NONE of them were ever interested in a 13 yr old. That would actually terrify them.

It just seems odd that she would be chosen as a perfect murder victim. Wouldn't a transient or a random prostitute be a better choice in terms of not being found out? They could have picked up a working girl on the street in the middle of the night and driven off with her unnoticed.

There was something specific about NL that made them target her. And I keep coming back to him being a pedophile and being worried sick about it later on.

I'm in the camp that absolutely considers this to be a two-person thrill-killing. I don't think Nicole threatening to go to the police had anything to do with it, and I don't think it was about sex. I don't think reason was involved in this at all--that first one may be a handy excuse that they're falling back on for now, but honestly I think these two individuals just wanted to kill her. I've seen people remarking on how unlikely it is that two murderous individuals should just happen to meet and team up, but honestly (and sadly) it's happened before and it will happen again. And in these situations, who even knows if the perpetrators would be drawn to murder someone alone? It's almost like one draws the other to behavior they'd never normally engage in, something like pack mentality.

As for why they chose Nicole... this sounds terrible, but then again it IS terrible. I think they thought she was pathetic and didn't deserve to live. Her SM is full of screenshots threatening suicide over boys, trying desperately to draw love from pity, and it doesn't take much digging to notice that it's a new guy she was 'in love with' practically every week. There is picture after picture of her trying to look older than her age and failing terribly--a few people even mocked her on that awful 'rate me' pic commentary for trying to look sensual while holding a plastic McDonald's spoon in her mouth. She was clearly incredibly naive, and her SM screams that she lacked self-esteem and was basically begging for outside validation. I've been there, and I know; this is exactly the 'easy target, please like me' kind of behavior that draws bullies in like sharks to a feeding frenzy.

Just look at the people who mocked her on that 'rate me' pic... Other similar posts on that page didn't get anywhere near that level of reponse. What made this one different from the others? Poor Nicole, commenting back and sending friend requests to the people mocking her...genuinely not seeming to get that they were making fun of her. The creeps were on her like wolves, because she was just such a tempting target for their vitriol.

I can so easily see the possible progression. Maybe it started out as a chance to mess with the poor girl online, with NK tag-teaming or giggling over DE's shoulder. Then developed into meeting her in person, pretending to be her friend and 'into her' while laughing about the victim of their in-person trolling together later. "She's so needy and pathetic, somebody should just kill her." Isn't that go-to verbiage for bullies? I mean, we've all heard that kind of talk before. The difference is, at some point for these monsters, I think the game became real.

Strictly JMO... and I wish it weren't, because it breaks my heart. [emoji29]

Supposedly she texted DE "POLICE" while DE was under police questioning.

I'm in the camp that absolutely considers this to be a two-person thrill-killing. I don't think Nicole threatening to go to the police had anything to do with it, and I don't think it was about sex. I don't think reason was involved in this at all--that first one may be a handy excuse that they're falling back on for now, but honestly I think these two individuals just wanted to kill her. I've seen people remarking on how unlikely it is that two murderous individuals should just happen to meet and team up, but honestly (and sadly) it's happened before and it will happen again. And in these situations, who even knows if the perpetrators would be drawn to murder someone alone? It's almost like one draws the other to behavior they'd never normally engage in, something like pack mentality.

As for why they chose Nicole... this sounds terrible, but then again it IS terrible. I think they thought she was pathetic and didn't deserve to live. Her SM is full of screenshots threatening suicide over boys, trying desperately to draw love from pity, and it doesn't take much digging to notice that it's a new guy she was 'in love with' practically every week. There is picture after picture of her trying to look older than her age and failing terribly--a few people even mocked her on that awful 'rate me' pic commentary for trying to look sensual while holding a plastic McDonald's spoon in her mouth. She was clearly incredibly naive, and her SM screams that she lacked self-esteem and was basically begging for outside validation. I've been there, and I know; this is exactly the 'easy target, please like me' kind of behavior that draws bullies in like sharks to a feeding frenzy.

Just look at the people who mocked her on that 'rate me' pic... Other similar posts on that page didn't get anywhere near that level of reponse. What made this one different from the others? Poor Nicole, commenting back and sending friend requests to the people mocking her...genuinely not seeming to get that they were making fun of her. The creeps were on her like wolves, because she was just such a tempting target for their vitriol.

I can so easily see the possible progression. Maybe it started out as a chance to mess with the poor girl online, with NK tag-teaming or giggling over DE's shoulder. Then developed into meeting her in person, pretending to be her friend and 'into her' while laughing about the victim of their in-person trolling together later. "She's so needy and pathetic, somebody should just kill her." Isn't that go-to verbiage for bullies? I mean, we've all heard that kind of talk before. The difference is, at some point for these monsters, I think the game became real.

Strictly JMO... and I wish it weren't, because it breaks my heart. [emoji29]

Yes! This is almost exactly what I've been thinking about the case. The only difference is that I'm unsure if NK masterminded this and pulled DE in or if they came up with the idea together. But, yes, I agree it was a thrill kill and not a pedophile covering his misdeeds.

Of course, big chunks of the case are still missing.

JMO.

Just want to clarify one thing: a couple of posters have commented that NK's parents are separated. I have seen no evidence of that, and in fact they went out of their way to portray themselves as an intact, close knit family (denial anyone?). Her parents were holding hands at some points during the hearing and afterwards. Has someone gotten them confused with Nicole's parents who are definitely separated? If not, where did the info about NK's parents come from? Just trying to stop the train before it leaves the station, because I know some might use that information in their profiling of NK and want to make sure we all have the same accurate information.

Thinking about the phones. We know DE and NK had phones at the time of their arrests because she texted him "POLICE." So, they either kept their phones or had bought new ones, which would look suspicious.

As for Nicole, if I remember right, when she was still simply missing police said they'd been calling her phone but it had been turned off. This would indicate that DE had her turn it off shortly after picking her up. Otherwise, police would have been able to trace cell tower pings and known she'd been to Craig's Creek Road. It would seem he found a way to get her to turn it off quickly or he took it from her shortly after picking her up. If he took the aggressive route, Nicole would have been upset and possibly looking to hop out at a traffic light. Then there's the possibility Keepers was along for the entire ride and was able to keep her under control. Or there's the possibility that he told her they were running off together and she had to turn it off.

You bring up some good points. DE may have asked Nicole to turn off her phone so they wouldn't be interrupted on their "date". Just an idea. Otherwise, he or NK (if present) took it away from Nicole. Maybe they were afraid her mother would notice she wasn't in her room, had climbed out her window, and would be calling her phone relentlessly. Maybe that's what DE was trying to avoid, not necessarily the electronic path that LE would be able to follow. Remember DE and NK were not very smart about this entire crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties