VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #5 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with capital murder is they are worried some jurors might not convict if they are going to be responsible for putting someone to death. It's much harder to get a conviction. But wow, if she's even considering it, you know there must have been some seriously Ill intent here. I doubt any of it was accidental, even with DEs statement "the truth will set me free." They are also probably see-sawing on the abduction/ she went willingly thing. A jury will say she went willingly most likely.

That's why the jurors are asked if they could give someone the DP before being picked to be on a capital case. I've actually read that jurors in capital murder cases are more likely to be pro-prosecution.

I was thinking that the phone company can't retrieve them, or if they can, only for a very limited period of time. But I'm not totally up to knowledge on all that...

As per the news today, if Apple won't open an iPhone to bust a terrorist, they probably wouldn't for a murder either. But the mom has NL's phone, and as long as she paid the bill and it was her acct, even if she doesn't have the passwords, surely she could get all the info off that phone.
All MOO only

That's why the jurors are asked if they could give someone the DP before being picked to be on a capital case. I've actually read that jurors in capital murder cases are more likely to be pro-prosecution.
But, like in the Jodi Arias case, you can get 'stealth'(?) jurors, who are so against the DP that they will lie to get on the jury to keep the accused from getting the DP.

About the last part, I don't know. Her posts were extremely immature for a college, or even high school student. I don't believe for one second that he thought she was 18 or over. And if he did, it was brief. I find it hard to believe he's that obtuse. You know?

Right ! That seems to be a catchall excuse for some. But once a case goes from sexual contact to murder, the age doesn't matter too much now or what age you ' thought' someone might be. moo

I have been wondering about video and if the two perps video'ed the encounter. On one hand I hope not as it adds more humiliation to Nicole, but on the other hand, would be dam*ing evidence.

Just pondering.

That thought has also crossed my mind. Could be that one of them was videoing while the other one was doing the murder.

LE must have proof of something due to the charges. This could be due to video recordings, text messages, phone pings, and alibis. It's not just due to what DE and NK have said or not said.
What we know for sure is DE is the one charged with murder and abduction. I do wonder though if they have proof that DE did have sex with NL would there be a charge for that? Does the absence of a charge for that answer the question of inappropriate relationship vs sexual relationship?

This is still an active investigation and the prosecutor has said this will be going to a grand jury, so charges may change. What they are currently charged with is on the evidence they had at the time to hold them and to set bail requirements.

There is a possibility that NL could have been pregnant. If that is the case, DNA could possibly be linked to DE. This would be confirmed at autopsy.

Marks on Eisenhauer's face in booking photo.

What do you guys make of the marks on DEs face in book in photos? Little circles/cuts/bruises all over his nose and one on forehead. He doesn't have those on any other photos taken prior to arrest. He had very clear skin in all other photos.

They look like nail marks from someone fighting back to me. Hope so, as they will be able to get DNA from under her fingernails.

If NK is the source that helped police find the body I have a hard time with the last line of this timeline. Investigators would Mirandize NK very soon after they began talking to her. If she signed her Miranda rights a day after the body was discovered and she was the one who told them where it was the prosecution has the risk that NK's statements and the body will be thrown out. Fruit of the Poisonous Tree. Where is the source that shows she waived her rights THE DAY AFTER THE BODY WAS FOUND.

Or this could support my earlier theory that the body was found by tracing cell phones or GIS device in DE's car or statement by DE.

The investigation and the prosecution so far has been so professional I'd be surprised if they made such a fundamental mistake.

I didn't make up the timeline, I was just simplifying , making a list of the dates/events mentioned in the CNN article. Could be wrong.

hmmm...I don't know that I see ashamed or shock. He looks to me somewhat confident. He's got that "sanpaku" look for sure where you can see the bottom whites under the iris, which is interesting (if you're into that kind of thing).

re: booking photo, I detect faint smirk. the corners of his mouth are turned up ever so slightly. or maybe it's a grimace or the natural look for him. but the first time I saw the photo I thought.. "you smug *advertiser censored*".

Later I reconsidered that and thought, you know, he's 18 years old, his expression is not readable and I'm thinking smug,smirk because what little I know about him.

Just a thought and I don't know if this is even possible, but perhaps since NK is the only one talking, they are not upgrading her charges for fear it would make her clam up and stop giving up info. If NK thinks that LE believes her story, she will likely keep talking, and given enough rope...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

re: DE's statement, I believe the truth can set me free.

Given that DE went to a Christian school, I wonder if this statement is reference to John 8:32.
“And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”

I just can't see NK being sick enough to plot a young girl's murder, BRAG about being excited about being involved in it, keeping the blanket, going on a store run for supplies before AND after, helping get rid of the body across state lines, texting "POLICE" to DE, knowing LE would see or find that text and easily trace it to her, spilling her guts and appearing to do so with a flippant, not a care in the world attitude, and then not being an active participant in the murder. I don't believe it.

Holy run on sentence! [emoji57]

NK was involved up to her eyeballs in this, and enjoyed it.

I agree with you, I think she was very much enjoying being part of something "special and secret". That said, I don't think it's that unusual for us gals to like secrets. When I was a little girl, secrets were a big deal. "OMG I HAVE A SECRET!" and then to be let in on a secret, also a big deal.

But I'm talking about, "I like this boy at school" kind of secret and not "I'm helping plan a murder" kind of secret. She took the whole "I like secrets" to a place that is dark and sick.

That makes much more sense to me now! I wonder if Natalie stabbed Nicole in David's car? Although I think LE did locate where Nicole was stabbed, so probably outside of the car - unless Keepers jumped the gun a bit in a murderous frenzy!

Wouldn't they have purchased a tarp too ahead of time if they were going to transport a stabbing victim to a further location after the fact? This is just too weird!

Im still wondering how they selected the Craig Creek Road area. It's known to locals and students who have been in the area awhile, but I feel these two would have very very basic knowledge of this area. I'm thinking they felt it was more isolated and remote than it really is. They felt they'd have time and isolation to dig a grave but didn't. They had to adjust by putting her in the car, and driving past MANY isolated dump spots that they just didn't know about, being new in the area. They had to compensate and go buy cleaning materials. I have no idea how either of them would have decided on the Wytheville Walmart which again, bypasses at least two Walmart stores between Craig Creek Rd and the location of the body (Pearisburg and Dublin). That Walmart is nowhere near their path.

I think it was a change in plans.

Also I can't imagine if they bought a knife along with the shovel. So obvious!! I'm embarrassed when I buy tampons, Midol and chocolate at the same time!!! I can't imagine checking out with an obvious murder kit

As per the news today, if Apple won't open an iPhone to bust a terrorist, they probably wouldn't for a murder either. But the mom has NL's phone, and as long as she paid the bill and it was her acct, even if she doesn't have the passwords, surely she could get all the info off that phone.
All MOO only

Right, since Nicole's phone/phone bill were probably in her mother's name, her mother probably willingly consented to have LE have access to everything it contained through the cell service provider. Remember when Nicole went missing her family and LE did not have Nicole's phone because Nicole had taken it with her. With the mother's legal consent, LE was able to obtain info from Nicole's phone.

I always thought that if LE has a court order signed by a judge, a subpoena, that the phone company has to give LE the info they are requesting. I'm thinking of the current situation with Apple and the governments request to unlock the phone they found in the suspects' car in the San Bernadino shootings. I'm a little confused. Couldn't the government get a subpoena so Apple would have to let them have the info contained in that phone? Does anyone here know more about a situation like this?

Right, since Nicole's phone/phone bill were probably in her mother's name, her mother probably willingly consented to have LE have access to everything it contained through the cell service provider. Remember when Nicole went missing her family and LE did not have Nicole's phone because Nicole had taken it with her. With the mother's legal consent, LE was able to obtain info from Nicole's phone.

I always thought that if LE has a court order signed by a judge, a subpoena, that the phone company has to give LE the info they are requesting. I'm thinking of the current situation with Apple and the governments request to unlock the phone they found in the suspects' car in the San Bernadino shootings. I'm a little confused.

Nicoles phone messages were probably not 'encrypted' like the San Berdoo terrorists phone messages were. So that makes it a different situation altogether for LE.

Other than the sarcasm, my point was that he probably was prudent in putting jeans on over his PJ"s, because he probably had no underwear on......and was most likely in the presence of LE. Too bad he didn't practice prudence in other situations.....JMO

Just speculating here, but I don't think he would have a problem with brief nudity while changing clothes. Considering he was an athlete, I'm sure that showering/changing in front of others was something he had experienced before.

Nicoles phone messages were probably not 'encrypted' like the San Berdoo terrorists phone messages were. So that makes it a different situation altogether for LE.
It's not that the messages themselves are encrypted, it is the whole phone that is encrypted. If the FBI tries to use brute force (enter every combination) to unlock the phone, it will erase the contents of the device after X amount of failed tries.

The FBI wants Apple to create a special version of the phone's operating system that removes that built in safety feature (the auto erase of the contents).

It certainly is a different situation for LE and Apple. Apple has stated they regularly comply with valid, legal LE requests, but this San Berdoo situation goes way beyond that and has far reaching implications.

Hope that adds a little light to the situation.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Perhaps the original plan was to drive across the state line into North Carolina to dump the body. They were probably thinking that this would delay LE being able to identify the victim since she was not from North Carolina, but Virginia. They got to the area where they left her body, maybe they were going to try to dig a shallow grave with the shovel they purchased, but the ground was frozen which made that too difficult. At that point too, they probably wanted to get rid of the body in the trunk as fast as possible and leave the scene.

Not purchasing a tarp or cleaning supplies may have just been poor planning by two inexperienced criminals.

Something interesting I remember right after Nicole's body was found was a statement in MSM that said her body was found wrapped in a green blanket. At the time I thought perhaps it was her blue minions blanket, as some people (colorblind) confuse the colors blue and green all the time. So I thought perhaps it was a second blanket because after NK was arrested it was said in MSM reports that Nicole's minions blanket was found inside a suitcase in NK dorm room along with cleaning supplies.

Not sure at this point what the correct info is. Was the body found wrapped inside a blanket or not? If so, what blanket? Who's blanket? Where did it come from? Maybe DE and NK did bring a blanket with them and that was in the trunk of the car. Perhaps DE and NK thought a blanket was good enough when actually a tarp would have been better to keep the trunk clean. Who knows. But I would like to find out if Nicole's body was wrapped in a blanket.

Not sure at this point what the correct info is. Was the body found wrapped inside a blanket or not? If so, what blanket? Who's blanket? Where did it come from? Maybe DE and NK did bring a blanket with them and that was in the trunk of the car. Perhaps DE and NK thought a blanket was good enough when actually a tarp would have been better to keep the trunk clean. Who knows. But I would like to find out if Nicole's body was wrapped in a blanket.

I have never seen anything official that she was in a blanket. There is an ex journalist who made many claims during the early days, and he stated she was wrapped in her minion blanket which was false.

The video of the site doesn't mention blanket, is there something I'm forgetting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members