VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #6 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't help but think there's something more to this story. Maybe it is that simple that DE decided to kill this little girl he was chatting with (because he was afraid of being labeled a sex offender, or for the thrill) and asked NK for help in doing or planning it. But I can't help but think there's much more to this story.

Yeah, how is NK going to provide evidence that DE convinced her to get involved, especially after she told the FBI "I was excited to be part of something secretive and special"...and how is DE going to provide evidence that “I believe the truth can set me free”? Those two statements they made will follow them throughout this.

Both have denied killing Nicole...but someone did...I say both.

Hoping there will be more information available at the March 28th preliminary hearing and that this gets transferred out of juvenile court then...although things can still be sealed and information can be limited.
I wonder if she'll go with the "he brainwashed me" defense? It's a cop out, but I could see them trying to get away with it.

Yeah, how is NK going to provide evidence that DE convinced her to get involved, especially after she told the FBI "I was excited to be part of something secretive and special"...and how is DE going to provide evidence that “I believe the truth can set me free”? Those two statements they made will follow them throughout this.

Both have denied killing Nicole...but someone did...I say both.

Hoping there will be more information available at the March 28th preliminary hearing and that this gets transferred out of juvenile court then...although things can still be sealed and information can be limited.

I believe the "excited to be a part of something secretive and special" was said by NK somewhere in the interrogation, but not in reference to the killing, jmo. They used this against her, as they warn people of this -- speaking without an attorney. I'm not saying she's innocent by any stretch, just don't think she was referring to killing Nicole.

If I recall, Natalie Keepers, when asked why she would help plan the execution of 13 year old Lovell she allegedly responded that she was excited to be a part of something so secret and special or words to that effect.

One of the two Virginia Tech students facing charges in connection with the alleged abduction and fatal stabbing of a 13-year-old girl had her bond request denied today as investigators said she admitted to planning the alleged murder.

Natalie Keepers, 19, broke down on the stand today in court as prosecutors detailed what she told investigators.

"I was excited to be part of something secretive and special," Keepers told FBI investigators, according to commonwealth prosecutor Mary Pettitt.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/virginia-tech-student-excited-part-alleged-murder-fbi/story?id=36712925

If I recall, Natalie Keepers, when asked why she would help plan the execution of 13 year old Lovell she allegedly responded that she was excited to be a part of something so secret and special or words to that effect.

She "allegedly" responded that she was excited, imo. Prosecutor Pettitt is going to use whatever she has, and apparently NK couldn't keep her mouth shut (every lawyer's dream client). I'm simply suggesting that Pettitt may be using statements out of context.

Maybe Natalie used it in that context, and she really WAS blood thirsty, and had no trouble relaying to a team of FBI agents that, yes, she was truly excited about being apart of something so special and secretive as planning the stabbing death of a 13 year old.

And then he waited three weeks before doing anything? How scared was he that he could take his time?

JMO

I don't know. For those of us who believe there could likely have been previous sexual contact, and she was pregnant, the clock might have really been ticking fast in his mind. JAT

:tantrum: This is one sad case. Nicole didn't deserve to die! She needed guidance and acceptance. She needed self confidence. She'll never get those.

He could have been trying to placate her and pretend the relationship was still on in order to convince her to not expose it. Only he was actually planning to kill her to shut her up.

^^^^^^ This^^^^^^ It was murder after all....

:tantrum: This is one sad case. Nicole didn't deserve to die! She needed guidance and acceptance. She needed self confidence. She'll never get those.

Yes, it is a horribly sad case. You're so right, she needed guidance, acceptance, self-confidence. The killers took her life and all that she deserved and killed her and threw her by the roadside. They deserve to pay and pay dearly they must!

This phase in cases like this is always so sucky (I'm not very eloquent today, sorry). I've of course kept up with the thread and any news (which was easy - there wasn't any :( ), but all we can really do at the moment is speculate and rehash... I think we ALL wish we knew more already, had something new to consider, etc.. The silence in this case seems a little bit unusual although it can also be easily explained (i.e. the fact that we haven't heard a peep from DE's camp in any way, shape, or form).

Of course it sucks even more for the family of Nicole to have to sit and wait. I am hoping, and I think they probably do, have a little bit more info than we do. Although probably not much more. Just hoping they do. It feels horrible to have to wait around for justice for your loved one. Even though they have the two suspects locked up, you never know things will play out in court and it's nerve-wracking.

Hey everyone - been lurking for a while on this one. So Sad :(

I haven't seen it mentioned, but this case oddly reminds me of the Skylar Neese case, where she was stabbed in the woods by her two best friends. The motive they gave was that they 'didn't want to be friends anymore' but also there was somewhat of a sexual relationship between the two killers. The reason I find the cases similar is because of the personalities of the Rachel and Shelia remind me of Natalie and David. Only one of each pair had a significant relationship to the victim (Shelia was a lifelong bff of Skylar and Rachel was new to the group). That person (Shelia and David) both seemed to enlist the help of someone who was a bit more malleable in the mind (Natalie and Rachael) and not as attached to the victim, but definitely looked up to/had a crush on the other killer(Shelia & David). Rachel also broke under pressure and confessed everything (like Natalie), while Shelia carried on like nothing happened and completely believed in her ability to get out of this (like David).

The reason I bring it up is because I think the motive of Natalie and that of David was different. David (Like Shelia) wanted to get rid of someone too attached to them, and Natalie (like Rachel) felt more of a thrill. Both pairs could have separated themselves from their victim without murder, and all were smart enough to do just that. I believe it was a combination of personalities that escalates "we should just kill her" being a thought, to an actual plan. If the mastermind (IMO) David and Shelia did not have a follower/pawn, I don't think either murder would have been followed through. Ironically, that's the person who got them caught.

It's also interesting to note that the both chose to plan, stab and leave in the woods over state lines. Social media also played a HUGE role in both cases and both young girls snuck out and never came home. That case took place in West Virginia.

Welcome to the discussion LunaDreams. Great post. I followed Skylar's case and until I read yours just now I had not noted or considered those similarities in dynamics to the perp's in the Neese case. I have lots of food for thought.

Very nice post, LunaDreams. I am not familiar with Skylar's case but your post makes a lot of sense. I too have long believed that DE and NK had different motives for their involvement in Nicole's murder, fwiw.

Thanks for joining the thread.

I haven't seen it mentioned, but this case oddly reminds me of the Skylar Neese case, where she was stabbed in the woods by her two best friends. The motive they gave was that they 'didn't want to be friends anymore' but also there was somewhat of a sexual relationship between the two killers. The reason I find the cases similar is because of the personalities of the Rachel and Shelia remind me of Natalie and David. Only one of each pair had a significant relationship to the victim (Shelia was a lifelong bff of Skylar and Rachel was new to the group). That person (Shelia and David) both seemed to enlist the help of someone who was a bit more malleable in the mind (Natalie and Rachael) and not as attached to the victim, but definitely looked up to/had a crush on the other killer(Shelia & David). Rachel also broke under pressure and confessed everything (like Natalie), while Shelia carried on like nothing happened and completely believed in her ability to get out of this (like David).

The reason I bring it up is because I think the motive of Natalie and that of David was different. David (Like Shelia) wanted to get rid of someone too attached to them, and Natalie (like Rachel) felt more of a thrill. Both pairs could have separated themselves from their victim without murder, and all were smart enough to do just that. I believe it was a combination of personalities that escalates "we should just kill her" being a thought, to an actual plan. If the mastermind (IMO) David and Shelia did not have a follower/pawn, I don't think either murder would have been followed through. Ironically, that's the person who got them caught.

It's also interesting to note that the both chose to plan, stab and leave in the woods over state lines. Social media also played a HUGE role in both cases and both young girls snuck out and never came home. That case took place in West Virginia.

You've made some good points here, and I agree with you that DE and NK had different motives, and I think the "follower-turned-tattletale" role has a very creepy, dark...probably emotionally wounded...side.

This phase in cases like this is always so sucky (I'm not very eloquent today, sorry). I've of course kept up with the thread and any news (which was easy - there wasn't any :( ), but all we can really do at the moment is speculate and rehash... I think we ALL wish we knew more already, had something new to consider, etc.. The silence in this case seems a little bit unusual although it can also be easily explained (i.e. the fact that we haven't heard a peep from DE's camp in any way, shape, or form).

Of course it sucks even more for the family of Nicole to have to sit and wait. I am hoping, and I think they probably do, have a little bit more info than we do. Although probably not much more. Just hoping they do. It feels horrible to have to wait around for justice for your loved one. Even though they have the two suspects locked up, you never know things will play out in court and it's nerve-wracking.

It is nerve-wracking, but at least the perps have been arrested. That's a comfort, for sure!

It seems like NK, despite her inability to keep her mouth shut, will have some options as to a defense. I speculate mental health will play a role and we'll hear ad nauseam about her cutting and depression, and pressure and being bullied as a child...and DE lured her to a dark place and she had no ability to reject the direction.

I'm having trouble imagining DE's defense. We have no idea what evidence they have from the car, computer, the crime scenes, Nicole's body, etc. And he and his family haven't said a word, so we know very little about his past other than his track. If he still maintains that he is not guilty of this crime, then his only recourse would be to 1) admit that NK coerced him into killing Nicole, and he had no ability to reject the direction; or 2) deny killing Nicole outright (he was not present during the murder), but helped dispose of body; or 3) deny killing Nicole outright (he was not present during the murder) and did not help dispose of body.

Excellent observations!

I don't know. For those of us who believe there could likely have been previous sexual contact, and she was pregnant, the clock might have really been ticking fast in his mind. JAT

Pettit had said that DE had an inappropriate relationship with Nicole, which in my mind means a sexual one...LE is aware of much more than we are but haven't brought all forward...just enough. IMO DE started talking to NK about Nicole after her father found out about their communications and her phone was taken away in Dec. I believe LE used the 1/4 date as that is when NK said the discussions started...when they got back to school after the break. Then things progressed along and DE became more concerned and saw his life plan slipping away only to be replaced by something much worse, and NK's dramatic play took hold. Maybe Nicole was pregnant, or she just threatened that she was when DE maybe wanted to break away. The full autopsy report will confirm if she was, but it may not be released until this is transferred out of juvenile court, and then may be sealed.

IMO, something came to a head and that is why Nicole was murdered when she was...during a huge snow storm or shortly after where there were the hurdles of getting around through all of it. DE was trapped and saw his life slipping away, and NK was excited to be part of something so secret & special...they both were involved in the actual murder but for different motivations.

So sorry that this young girl was so viciously murdered and wish her father would have contacted LE after he found out about this relationship. I was happy to hear that the KIK folks seem to have taken this to heart and discussions are taking place. I hope that they find a way to protect these young girls...if at all even possible.

While possible, thus far there has been no indication that the victim was pregnant or told DE that she was pregnant. This waiting for more facts to chew on is hard.

From article today...

Searches of the Virginia Tech student directory information showed that David Eisenhauer was a registered student at the University. Investigators used public access information that led to a photograph on the HokieSports website that appeared to closely resemble a photo “David A” used on his KIK account, according to the warrant.

http://wsls.com/2016/03/21/police-use-computer-forensics-in-nicole-lovell-investigation/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!