VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #6 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
but for some reason I really don't think she was chosen for sex. I feel she was chosen because they thought it would be easy to lure her out and to kill her. :(
I keep saying there must be something more to this story. I can't figure out for the life of me what that could be. Maybe it is as simple as a couple of teenagers that developed a friendship and decided to stalk and kill a child for the thrill of it. Maybe it is that simple. I don't know.

I think both of you are right in that there was another motive. As other posters here, have identified, there are several factors that go way beyond the norm for similar situations. For example:

- If threatned with exposure, nearly all sex predators "run, hide and deny". Turning on the victim is very rare.

- When they do turn on the victim, they do it in a moment of panic: "She is turning me in, I need to take drastic action- tomorrow night!" DE and NK planned the murder over a three week period.

- Being the son of at least semi affluent parents, DE had plenty of options including good lawyers. He is articulate, almost a minor himself, has no prior criminal history, the victim presented herself as being older and the evidence could well of been "he said, she said". An active defense could well have resulted in no sex conviction for DE (probably a plea bargain to "Corruption of a Minor" type charges- if that.)

If convicted of a lesser charge, DE's spin for future employers is: "I hosted a party for some of my new college friends. An older looking cousin of a new friend came in an drank alcohol. I was uhmm.... shocked and appalled when they told me her true age."

If he still maintains that he is not guilty of this crime, then his only recourse would be to 1) admit that NK coerced him into killing Nicole, and he had no ability to reject the direction; or 2) deny killing Nicole outright (he was not present during the murder), but helped dispose of body; or 3) deny killing Nicole outright (he was not present during the murder) and did not help dispose of body.

DE's current claim could be #2.

I think I haved read a reference to where he claimed (probably before his lawyers shut him down) in general terms that he picked up the victim at her house. He then turned her over to the creepy and vaguelly threatning NK who wanted to "talk to her" about something. DE then left the two of them together. Some time later, NK contacts him and relates that she killed the victim for an un stated motive. Blinded by friendship loyalty, DE agreed to help hide the body.

(I don't know where to start, but something happened to me that made think of Nicole.

I was lured/fooled by someone recently I thought I trusted into a potentially very bad situation. I made some bad decisions, did not follow my instincts. I got out of it ok, thank goodness.

My point is that if someone like me, a strong, independent grown woman who has seen, maybe hundreds or thousands of cases here, can let my guard down and still be fooled, deceived and pressured by someone who is trying to take advantage of me, I can only worry about all the other younger girls out there. They just want to please these jerks, feel attractive, wanted, they might do anything for these jerks out there, the way these guys/men can pressure someone, it's like bullying. It's like high high pressure sales.)

(I don't know where to start, but something happened to me that made think of Nicole.

I was lured/fooled by someone recently I thought I trusted into a potentially very bad situation. I made some bad decisions, did not follow my instincts. I got out of it ok, thank goodness.

My point is that if someone like me, a strong, independent grown woman who has seen, maybe hundreds or thousands of cases here, can let my guard down and still be fooled, deceived and pressured by someone who is trying to take advantage of me, I can only worry about all the other younger girls out there. They just want to please these jerks, feel attractive, wanted, they might do anything for these jerks out there, the way these guys/men can pressure someone, it's like bullying. It's like high high pressure sales.)

Glad you're safe.

DE's current claim could be #2.

I think I haved read a reference to where he claimed (probably before his lawyers shut him down) in general terms that he picked up the victim at her house. He then turned her over to the creepy and vaguelly threatning NK who wanted to "talk to her" about something. DE then left the two of them together. Some time later, NK contacts him and relates that she killed the victim for an un stated motive. Blinded by friendship loyalty, DE agreed to help hide the body.

That may very well be his only recourse for not guilty. And maybe all of her spinning without a lawyer is just a clever way to shift the blame.

I've never read anything report that said DE turned her over to Keepers who wanted to talk to her, but I'm sure it exists. I've always been confused by the reports saying that DE told police he gave her a side hug then returned to Keeper's dorm. What does that mean? He took Nicole with him? He left her there by the window and drove back to get Keepers and they returned together? It's so vague it's useless.

I think you're correct that he told police he watched her climb out the window and gave her a side hug, and maybe uttered a few random sentences before he was told to shut up, or just clammed up. That's probably why the reporting of what he told police seems so incomplete and vague.

Glad you're safe.

I know right? I think a lot of us have put ourselves in awkward positions that could have ended very badly. I being one of them right along with you. And the fact that it happened to you recently, is a reminder for all of us to listen to that small voice (instinct, holy spirit as I like to think of it). Nicole's motives (wanting to please, feel attractive, like you said) and her youth must have overshadowed any warning signs that were going off.

Glad you're safe.
Thank you.

I know right? I think a lot of us have put ourselves in awkward positions that could have ended very badly. I being one of them right along with you. And the fact that it happened to you recently, is a reminder for all of us to listen to that small voice (instinct, holy spirit as I like to think of it). Nicole's motives (wanting to please, feel attractive, like you said) and her youth must have overshadowed any warning signs that were going off.

Thank you, yes. Listen to that small voice. Stand up for yourself. Somehow I had deluded myself, pushed that voice away, somehow kept subconsciously sweeping it under the carpet, when all the signs were right there in front of me, for months!! I just wanted to believe otherwise. Its like my brain was behind timewise in processing it all as it happened. Delayed mental reaction, so weeeird...I honestly feel like this happened to me in order to better understand how this happens to other victims. And to remind myself not to let my guard down, that a wolf can come in sheep's clothing, and that predators do not always come at you aggressively or have a stamp on their foreheads, sometimes they come to you with woos and gentility. Actors, manipulators. It's often about control. Sorry to speak in such generalized terms. I don't want to derail Nicole's thread, but maybe it would be constructive and helpful to others to share my experience sometime at an appropriate time and place.

Eta: basically here is what happened in a nutshell. I had started seeing someone who I thought was a gentleman, someone I thought trusted and would not have any ill intentions. It was evident all along he was manipulative, controlling, pressuring, don't know how I didn't see it. Well, he invited me over for dinner, kept trying to get me in the bedroom, started off by gently trying to hold my hand all sweet with gentle kisses to lead me in, then it became high high pressure sales like you wouldn't believe, I didn't have a good feeling. Turned out he had video cameras secretly rigged up all over his bedroom. :(

Thank you.

Thank you, yes. Listen to that small voice. Stand up for yourself. Somehow I had deluded myself, pushed that voice away, somehow kept subconsciously sweeping it under the carpet, when all the signs were right there in front of me, for months!! I just wanted to believe otherwise. Its like my brain was behind timewise in processing it all as it happened. Delayed mental reaction, so weeeird...I honestly feel like this happened to me in order to better understand how this happens to other victims. And to remind myself not to let my guard down, that a wolf can come in sheep's clothing, and that predators do not always come at you aggressively or have a stamp on their foreheads, sometimes they come to you with woos and gentility. Actors, manipulators. It's often about control. Sorry to speak in such generalized terms. I don't want to derail Nicole's thread, but maybe it would be constructive and helpful to others to share my experience sometime at an appropriate time and place.

Eta: basically here is what happened in a nutshell. I had started seeing someone who I thought was a gentleman, someone I thought trusted and would not have any ill intentions. It was evident all along he was manipulative, controlling, pressuring, don't know how I didn't see it. Well, he invited me over for dinner, kept trying to get me in the bedroom, started off by gently trying to hold my hand all sweet with gentle kisses to lead me in, then it became high high pressure sales like you wouldn't believe, I didn't have a good feeling. Turned out he had video cameras secretly rigged up all over his bedroom. :(

I'm so sorry. And you thought you could trust this person, ugh! It would make me question my judgement, and it shouldn't but it would. People are creepy.

I've never read anything report that said DE turned her over to Keepers who wanted to talk to her, but I'm sure it exists. I've always been confused by the reports saying that DE told police he gave her a side hug then returned to Keeper's dorm. What does that mean? He took Nicole with him? He left her there by the window and drove back to get Keepers and they returned together? It's so vague it's useless.

If I remember correctly, a reference to it is in the early part of thread one. DE's vague statement was along the lines of:

- I met the victim shortly after she left her house (the distance was not stated, but he implied it was close)
- At some point later, I turned her over to NK. They left together and that was the last I saw of her.
- At some point later, I got a phone call from NK asking for help.... .

If DE made this statement, and even if it is totally false, it could well indicate that NK had been introduced to the victim at some point in the past. When people lie, they almost always "anchor" the lie using either factual statements or real personal experiences that they have had. In this case, the personal experiences for DE would be memories that NK and the victim had been introduced to each other in DE's presence before the crime.

If I remember correctly, a reference to it is in the early part of thread one. DE's vague statement was along the lines of:

- I met the victim shortly after she left her house (the distance was not stated, but he implied it was close)
- At some point later, I turned her over to NK. They left together and that was the last I saw of her.
- At some point later, I got a phone call from NK asking for help.... .

If DE made this statement, and even if it is totally false, it could well indicate that NK had been introduced to the victim at some point in the past. When people lie, they almost always "anchor" the lie using either factual statements or real personal experiences that they have had. In this case, the personal experiences for DE would be memories that NK and the victim had been introduced to each other in DE's presence before the crime.

My understanding of the articles I have read is that he didn't claim anything of the sort. His claim was that he met Nicole that night, gave her a side hug, then left. He then went to meet with NK without Nicole. So I guess NK was supposed to have been his alibi.

My understanding of the articles I have read is that he didn't claim anything of the sort. His claim was that he met Nicole that night, gave her a side hug, then left. He then went to meet with NK without Nicole. So I guess NK was supposed to have been his alibi.

I thought he also watched her climb out of her bedroom window. I think NK was supposed to have been DE's alibi too. I know NK says they planned the murder for 3 weeks? From the media reporting, it sounds like DE and NK planned very poorly. I mean, NK said they used FB to communicate regarding "the plan." Honestly, these 2 kids come off as extremely stupid.

I don't remember the order it came in but he actually did say something like that. I'll try to find a link. I think it must have been way in the beginning (when he also claimed "I believe the truth can set me free") because the media seem to be sticking with this 'side-hug and left again' story.

I don't remember the order it came in but he actually did say something like that. I'll try to find a link. I think it must have been way in the beginning (when he also claimed "I believe the truth can set me free") because the media seem to be sticking with this 'side-hug and left again' story.
I remember it as well.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

It was a multi-step plan, per prosecutors:

They bought a shovel together, picked out a secluded location on Craig Creek Road and drove post Lovell's Blacksburg apartment in a calculated move, Montgomery County Commonwealth's Attorney Mary Pettitt said during the hearing.

The plan was for Eisenhauer, charged with Lovell's abduction and murder, to lure Lovell out of the home late at night on the guise of a date, Pettit said. He would take her to the site they selected together and slit her throat, she said.

Eisenhauer told police he had communicated to Lovell in he days before her disappearance and he greeted the teen outside of her bedroom window at the Lantern Ridge apartment complex in Blacksburg on the night she went missing, Pettitt said.

Eisenhauer told police he gave Lovell a "side hug" and then returned to Keepers' dorm on Virginia Tech’s campus. Keepers has also maintained she was not present at the time of the murder. She did, however, tell police she helped Eisenhauer load the body into the trunk of his Lexus and unload it into the location where she was dumped.

Prosecutors said they believe Keepers helped kill someone she never met or talked to. Pettitt also said that Keepers had expressed that she "was excited to be a part of something secret and special with Eisenhauer."

http://www.fredericksburg.com/news/...cle_70e268da-cb75-11e5-a6e0-9bad603856bd.html

It was a multi-step plan, per prosecutors:

They bought a shovel together, picked out a secluded location on Craig Creek Road and drove post Lovell's Blacksburg apartment in a calculated move, Montgomery County Commonwealth's Attorney Mary Pettitt said during the hearing.

The plan was for Eisenhauer, charged with Lovell's abduction and murder, to lure Lovell out of the home late at night on the guise of a date, Pettit said. He would take her to the site they selected together and slit her throat, she said.

Eisenhauer told police he had communicated to Lovell in he days before her disappearance and he greeted the teen outside of her bedroom window at the Lantern Ridge apartment complex in Blacksburg on the night she went missing, Pettitt said.

Eisenhauer told police he gave Lovell a "side hug" and then returned to Keepers' dorm on Virginia Tech’s campus. Keepers has also maintained she was not present at the time of the murder. She did, however, tell police she helped Eisenhauer load the body into the trunk of his Lexus and unload it into the location where she was dumped.

Prosecutors said they believe Keepers helped kill someone she never met or talked to. Pettitt also said that Keepers had expressed that she "was excited to be a part of something secret and special with Eisenhauer."

http://www.fredericksburg.com/news/...cle_70e268da-cb75-11e5-a6e0-9bad603856bd.html

:(...

Thank you.

You had an awful experience! You may help others by sharing your story. It's something that everyone can learn from and I don't think it can be repeated enough to save another life. :grouphug:

You had an awful experience! You may help others by sharing your story. It's something that everyone can learn from and I don't think it can be repeated enough to save another life. :grouphug:

(Thanks. I learned soooooo much from that experience, especially about myself, and I thank you for giving me the courage to maybe discuss this more. Again, I don't want to derail Nicole's thread, so maybe I will start a thread in the parking lot? Because I do think this type of thing could be a common threat to girls and women in this day and age of modern technology. I just saw a show about online predators, how they continue to push and push and pressure and pressure girls/women to send pics when they resist, they make you feel like yoooou're the prude, hard to explain unless you've been there, it's this PRESSURE and bullying I'm concerned about (mine was not online, I knew this person, or thought I did (friend/colleague). I'll think about it more, need to be careful in order to keep my anonymity, but will post the link if I decide to start a thread. The good news is I got out of there, didnt get recorded in a bad way, but he got soooo angry that his plan didn't work, that he lost CONTROL, and then began to verbally abuse me. Thank you soooooo much Bootsctr. Hugs! Again, I think about Nicole, how excited she must have been about her date. Like I was. I went shopping for new clothes for that day, everything. The way he was so sweet and gentle, trying to lure me in there. Disgusting. He still doesn't know I know about the cameras!)

(Thanks. I learned soooooo much from that experience, especially about myself, and I thank you for giving me the courage to maybe discuss this more. Again, I don't want to derail Nicole's thread, so maybe I will start a thread in the parking lot? Because I do think this type of thing could be a common threat to girls and women in this day and age of modern technology. I just saw a show about online predators, how they continue to push and push and pressure and pressure girls/women to send pics when they resist, they make you feel like yoooou're the prude, hard to explain unless you've been there, it's this PRESSURE and bullying I'm concerned about (mine was not online, I knew this person, or thought I did (friend/colleague). I'll think about it more, need to be careful in order to keep my anonymity, but will post the link if I decide to start a thread. The good news is I got out of there, didnt get recorded in a bad way, but he got soooo angry that his plan didn't work, that he lost CONTROL, and then began to verbally abuse me. Thank you soooooo much Bootsctr. Hugs! Again, I think about Nicole, how excited she must have been about her date. Like I was. I went shopping for new clothes for that day, everything. The way he was so sweet and gentle, trying to lure me in there. Disgusting. He still doesn't know I know about the cameras!)

You are very brave! You lived it and you can help others. We will be looking forward to your link to discuss more. These type of predators need to be exposed to the fullest extent. Nicole represents all of the young, naïve women out there who deserve to live their life to the fullest and to know true love, but fall victim to these savage beasts. Fly high little Nicole - our little Mountain Angel! Fly high!

Gentle hugs to you, Margarita25. I know that there are many times in my past that I failed to heed the red flags. I look back now and shudder to think what could have happened to me. I unknowingly put myself at risk SO many times. And I thought I was so savvy! And yes, Nicole was excited about her date and had no idea the fate that was to befall her. I have a young daughter and pray every day that I can instill some awareness in her and protect her from the hazards of this world. I feel fortunate to have survived my teens and twenties relatively intact. I feel great sadness for those who have perished--Nicole, and so many others.

That could well be accurate. I think I am starting to blur things together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8