VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #6 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OT Margarita25, thanks for sharing your story. So glad your's had a good ending.

Please don't be too hard on yourself. These guys that act like this are everywhere and come in all ages, young to old. The older they are, 40 to 50, maybe even 60's, the smoother and slicker they are. They have their moves down to a fine-tuned motion.

An invitation to dinner at his house from a new guy usually has one meaning - think before you accept it. Advice to all.

i was single from age 22 to 35.. SO TRUE. sure I fell for it a few times. but as I became a battle weary bird, I just said a resounding NO to any Netflix and chill type of plans until *I* was comfty. I made sure he was willing to take me out in public and spend some money on a dinner for me. it wasn't about "gold digging" (please, a dinner at el torito is no big deal) it was about being assured I was worth his time and money.

also beware the guy who wants to take you somewhere uber pricey on a first date. they USUALLY expect sex that night or the next time he sees you (usually via Netflix and chill).

Sorry for going off topic!

OT Margarita25, thanks for sharing your story. So glad your's had a good ending.

Please don't be too hard on yourself. These guys that act like this are everywhere and come in all ages, young to old. The older they are, 40 to 50, maybe even 60's, the smoother and slicker they are. They have their moves down to a fine-tuned motion.

An invitation to dinner at his house from a new guy usually has one meaning - think before you accept it. Advice to all.

Jessica Kartalija ‏@JessKartalija · 2h2 hours ago

Pay attention parents: Predators are using a popular kids' app to connect with children. @RickRitterWJZ explains at 5pm @cbsbaltimore

I wonder what app she is talking about?

Pay attention parents: Predators are using a popular kids' app to connect with children. @RickRitterWJZ explains at 5pm @cbsbaltimore

My guess would be the messaging app, Kik.

Ugh with the new format I keep hovering over the blue text because I think it's a link. Argh! Haha!

I wonder that too. Can't be Kik because that's not a kids' app... although maybe she's just not too informed - it's possible.

Oh I think it might be, because the person who's actually doing the story tweeted this (sorry, don't know how to make it show up as an image) "A popular app":

Rick Ritter
✔‎@RickRitterWJZ

#WJZ AT 6: Another child sex assault case involving a popular app. How predators R targeting YOUR kids@cbsbaltimore
[video=twitter;717467913230413825]https://twitter.com/RickRitterWJZ/status/717467913230413825[/video]

Perhaps a more accurate way to describe it would be - a popular app that kids are using. The app might not be a "kid app," but kids certainly are on it.

It's not, and they are - that's why such careless phrasing by the media annoys me. Many people don't know enough about all these apps and all they have to do is read one time "it's a kids' app" and it just makes matters worse.

(O/T, thank you very much! Great post and insight re: the all ages and smoother and slicker, thank you!

:goodpost: )

i was single from age 22 to 35.. SO TRUE. sure I fell for it a few times. but as I became a battle weary bird, I just said a resounding NO to any Netflix and chill type of plans until *I* was comfty. I made sure he was willing to take me out in public and spend some money on a dinner for me. it wasn't about "gold digging" (please, a dinner at el torito is no big deal) it was about being assured I was worth his time and money.

also beware the guy who wants to take you somewhere uber pricey on a first date. they USUALLY expect sex that night or the next time he sees you (usually via Netflix and chill).

Sorry for going off topic!

( o/t, thanks so much, I love how this discussion can constructively apply to adults as well! Thanks so much! )

Ugh with the new format I keep hovering over the blue text because I think it's a link. Argh! Haha!

I wonder that too. Can't be Kik because that's not a kids' app... although maybe she's just not too informed - it's possible.

Oops! Sorry about the blue. Thank you for finding the answer! I should have gone to her twitter page... Yes, she definitely should not have labeled it a "kids app". Very misleading. I think we will be seeing more arrests for this "Kik app." Just disgusting! Oh, and it's Craigslist AND Kik too.

Police arrested an Essex man they say was targeting young girls on Craigslist and getting them to contact him on Kik. It’s not the first time the popular app has been making headlines—but for all of the wrong reasons.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2016/...sed-popular-app-to-lure-young-girls/#comments

( o/t, thanks so much, I love how this discussion can constructively apply to adults as well! Thanks so much! )

Agree 100%! I think many women that have been in a long-term relationship could be at risk after a break-up. We think we're a little more mature and can handle situations like a grown-up, but these guys are not grown-ups at all. They are master manipulators with no remorse whatsoever.

Agree 100%! I think many woman that have been in a long-term relationship could be at risk after a break-up. We think we're a little more mature and can handle situations like a grown-up, but these guys are not grown-ups at all. They are master manipulators with no remorse whatsoever.

I agree as well. I didn't even pick up on the fact that the reporter's tweet said it was a "kids" app. My brain just skimmed the text and immediately jumped to Kik after I read the word "app"... only because Kik has been thoroughly discussed in regards to this case. But I definitely agree that the news needs to refrain from referring to it as such, regardless if kids use the app or not.

Glad they fixed the site...I could hardly load a page anymore!

I re-read this older article and a few things stood out...

Nicole told her friend that DE was her boyfriend and she planned on running away with him and starting a family........interesting that a 13 yr old girl mentioned starting a family.

Two law enforcement officials said that DE had sexual contact with Nicole........there must be some kind of proof of this.

DE's roommate described him as a loner and difficult to understand, and didn't have many friends on campus and kept mostly to himself........this may be the reason he solicited a relationship online.

One of his runner buddies questioned whether this was the real DE lurking in him and how did he hide it so well........these predators hide things so well as Margarita has described.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...f28e9e-ce7b-11e5-abc9-ea152f0b9561_story.html

Glad they fixed the site...I could hardly load a page anymore!

I re-read this older article and a few things stood out...

Nicole told her friend that DE was her boyfriend and she planned on running away with him and starting a family........interesting that a 13 yr old girl mentioned starting a family.

Two law enforcement officials said that DE had sexual contact with Nicole........there must be some kind of proof of this.

DE's roommate described him as a loner and difficult to understand, and didn't have many friends on campus and kept mostly to himself........this may be the reason he solicited a relationship online.

One of his runner buddies questioned whether this was the real DE lurking in him and how did he hide it so well........these predators hide things so well as Margarita has described.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...f28e9e-ce7b-11e5-abc9-ea152f0b9561_story.html

BUF! Thank you! This is the article I have been looking for regarding the sexual contact.

Nicole’s friends said she endured bullying at school but remained a bubbly girl who loved pouring her feelings out in a notebook, painting and her enthusiasm for pandas.

Sounds like she has a diary. She might have written about sexual contact there. I'm still wondering if LE enforcement meant sexting as sexual contact???

It's interesting that the roommate did not mention NK. Maybe the press just didn't ask him if NK was a constant presence in the dorm room??? It does not sound like she was there much. Makes me think NK was there when the roommate wasn't, or they met outside the dorm - like at the restaurant, and FB contact.

Thirdly, interesting that DE would hide his true self from his roommate, another guy. Plus, that weird male friend who doesn't think DE had anything to do with Nicole's death just confirms DE absolutely was hiding his inappropriate behavior with a 13 y/o. girl. Indeed, a true predator at his core.

‘There are no walls here’: Community backs Blacksburg Police

Blacksburg Police entered the national spotlight earlier this year with the abduction-turned-homicide case of local teenager Nicole Lovell. Thanks to the assistance of other local forces, state police, the FBI and the local community — including over 100 Virginia Tech cadets — Lovell’s remains were found just three days after police reported her missing.

“I think the ability of a small agency to be able to bring together a ton of resources in a short period of time is what modern law enforcement is supposed to look like,” Wilson said. He recalled starting the investigation with six investigators and finishing the same day with 66. “It's a way we can keep a small town feel, but when something very serious happens, we can quickly turn into a large, very efficient agency.”

http://www.collegiatetimes.com/news...dce-fc37-11e5-a7f5-771bd20dba9b.html?mode=jqm

Hearing scheduled in slain Virginia teen case

BLACKSBURG, Va. (AP) -- A prosecutor says a new preliminary hearing date has been set for two former Virginia Tech students charged in the slaying of a 13-year-old girl.

Prosecutor Mary Pettitt says in an email that the hearing is now scheduled for May 20 in Montgomery County Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court. The hearing originally was set for last Monday, but both sides needed more time.

http://wjla.com/news/crime/hearing-scheduled-in-slain-virginia-teen-case

i want to know why
why kill a 13 yo that was no threat to either of them
why throw 3 lives down the chute, nicole's and their own
i don't understand this case, in some cases there is a motive (money, drugs, sex...) but in this one i am baffled. nicole was only 13!
why nicole, because she wanted to be liked so much that it made her the perfect victim?

Lupus est *advertiser censored* homini, non *advertiser censored*, quom qualis sit non novit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member