VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #6 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you all think about the bag being one of DE track team bags? . I played sports in HS and our individual player (duffle) bags were quite large. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I think that is a possibility too. It would be sturdy and handy.

What do you all think about the bag being one of DE track team bags? . I played sports in HS and our individual player (duffle) bags were quite large. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Would fit in with trophy keeping as well. He could schlep that bag off to every track meet with a smirk on his face. Tell everyone how this is his lucky bag. Wouldn't put it past him.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Would fit in with trophy keeping as well. He could schlep that bag off to every track meet with a smirk on his face. Tell everyone how this is his lucky bag. Wouldn't put it past him.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Except it was NK who kept the bag. But I totally agree - it was a trophy.

jmopinion

I couldn't find anything on the court site about DE or BD.

They spelled his name different; EISENHAUR, DAVID EDMEND

Montgomery/Christiansburg General District Court

General District Court.jpg

Bryce Dustin's information is public through the Washington District Court; however, he's not been named a POI in the case with Nicole Lovell so I'm not posting his case details.

7/26/16 means the case gets sent in front a Grand Jury. Neither suspect will be anywhere near the private room of 8 people for that. *When* the Grand Jury sees that there is sufficient evidence to further send the Lovell case onto a Preliminary Hearing, a late August date would be the next time these two make an appearance and that will be in an open-to-the-public Montgomery County Circuit Court if anyone wishes to see the said parties live in person. No cameras or recording devices allowed.

This case would've been headed for the on-time Grand Jury slot of 6/26/16 but the ever-complicated Braulio Castillo case has sucked up most of the Eastern District's time and resources thus far into the 6 week trial. Prosecutors now believe that Michelle Castillo was also followed by an unknown male out of an area Target store, this time in Ashburn VA. Relating to the Nicole Lovell trial & a similar one in Alexandria, this marks the 3rd time a female victim was picked up on store security cameras walking out of a Target store, empty handed, just before their gruesome murder:

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Va-CEO-383034251.html

Yes, the grand jury on the Nicole Lovell murder convenes July 26. I assume indictments will be handed down and then they will head back to court to be formally charged.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/21/us/virginia-tech-student-charged.html?_r=2

With Friday’s ruling, the case advances to a grand jury, which meets on July 26.

Yes, the grand jury on the Nicole Lovell murder convenes July 26. I assume indictments will be handed down and then they will head back to court to be formally charged.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/21/us/virginia-tech-student-charged.html?_r=2

With Friday’s ruling, the case advances to a grand jury, which meets on July 26.
Will we hear any new information then?
I'm still running everything through my head. Wondering what all evidence the state was able to collect with help from NK.

Will we hear any new information then?
I'm still running everything through my head. Wondering what all evidence the state was able to collect with help from NK.

The Commonwealth Attorney will present facts that the accused committed the crimes to the Grand Jury proving probable cause. The Grand Jury then decides if probable cause exists to charge the accused of a crime. If they decide yes there is probable cause then there is an indictment which moves the case to district court for arraignment. Then, after any possible plea agreements are made a jury trial schedule will follow.

From previous cases we've learned more details when the indictment is made.

I hope this has helped and if any others have more to add please feel free to do so.

The Commonwealth Attorney will present facts that the accused committed the crimes to the Grand Jury proving probable cause. The Grand Jury then decides if probable cause exists to charge the accused of a crime. If they decide yes there is probable cause then there is an indictment which moves the case to district court for arraignment. Then, after any possible plea agreements are made a jury trial schedule will follow.

From previous cases we've learned more details when the indictment is made.

I hope this has helped and if any others have more to add please feel free to do so.

Stupid question is this out of juvenile and domestic and
will the probable cause hearing be open to the public?

No question is a stupid one, we all are still learning.

As for your question regarding the hearing, review this link. The answer is no. The Commonwealth Attorney will present the facts of the case so the jury can decide if there is sufficient evidence of a crime by the accused to proceed to trial. We, the public, will find out if/when the indictment occurs. Once there is an indictment, the case moves out of juvenile court to a district court which is then public information. While the proceedings (hearings) are in juvenile court the records are closed to the public.

Not a stupid question because I don't really understand the reason for it myself... but I think the case is still in the juvenile court system until an indictment is given, and then at that point, it will move to the general district court system.

Not a stupid question because I don't really understand the reason for it myself... but I think the case is still in the juvenile court system until an indictment is given, and then at that point, it will move to the general district court system.
I know that all crimes in Virginia involving a child have to start in juvenile and domestic but I don't know the process.
Furthermore if\when cases become open to public.

OMG. Thank you for sharing the nytimes link - I had not seen that. Absolutely unbelievable. I have no words to describe what I just read.

I just read the article and it is shocking. If true, it shows what a truly cold-blooded, premeditated murder this was.

No question is a stupid one, we all are still learning.

As for your question regarding the hearing, review this link. The answer is no. The Commonwealth Attorney will present the facts of the case so the jury can decide if there is sufficient evidence of a crime by the accused to proceed to trial. We, the public, will find out if/when the indictment occurs. Once there is an indictment, the case moves out of juvenile court to a district court which is then public information. While the proceedings (hearings) are in juvenile court the records are closed to the public.

Yes, it will be open to the public once this gets transferred to district court...the public can attend court dates then. We should get more information then, but the prosecutor wants search warrants sealed...we'll see though.

OMG. Thank you for sharing the nytimes link - I had not seen that. Absolutely unbelievable. I have no words to describe what I just read.

I think several of us, at the beginning of this case, compared Nicole's murder to that of the young man killed in the Leopold and Loeb case. I am still looking at it in the same way. Sad. The "club" Keepers and Eisenhauer are in once convicted and in prison will not be as fun...

I think several of us, at the beginning of this case, compared Nicole's murder to that of the young man killed in the Leopold and Loeb case. I am still looking at it in the same way. Sad. The "club" Keepers and Eisenhauer are in once convicted and in prison will not be as fun...
I don't recall that case :/

Court Follower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members