GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe they just made the flyer. It's a good one, IMO.

I agree it is a good one. I went and looked at the FB page and it looks like they may have a template available, so you are probably right. I'm sure most people dropped into this situation have no idea of the history of some of these older cases.

Still...isn't there anyone else not associated with such a notoriously questionable missing child case?

Which begs the question why is he wasting precious time lecturing against something that doesn't seem to exist?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No clue. IMO he's got a pretty bad attitude. It's really bad form to on one hand want the public's help but then make comments about "armchair analysts". People can't help without thinking and speculating.

Why would he not comment on whether or not the family has taken a polygraph? And what are they seeking legal advice for?

I would think he would not comment because if they have not taken one it looks like he isn't doing due diligence but if he says they have that implies guilt. Then the press wants to know the results, etc etc. That's just speculation on my part.

Legal advice - any time you're part of a massive legal operation like this, of which you are an unprotected but important part, you ought to have counsel. People go to prison for things they didn't do often enough.

I would think he would not comment because if they have not taken one it looks like he isn't doing due diligence but if he says they have that implies guilt. Then the press wants to know the results, etc etc. That's just speculation on my part.

Legal advice - any time you're part of a massive legal operation like this, of which you are an unprotected but important part, you ought to have counsel. People go to prison for things they didn't do often enough.

You're right. After I posted that I got to thinking and wondered if perhaps this could be an issue of child neglect in regards to mom leaving him unattended. No judgement, stuff happens, but there have been folks in trouble for less.

Why would he not comment on whether or not the family has taken a polygraph? And what are they seeking legal advice for?
No point. Not admissible. Taint the jury pool, if it ever goes to trial.

The question was if there was any proof he was "home" Sunday morning. I'm not sure how one proves that unless you happened to be taking pictures or the child logs into an online game site.
A phone call and hearing Noah in the background is one way. Someone driving by and seeing him in the doorway or window is another. A visitor perhaps. A Sunday newspaper with Noah's drawing on it or other obscure things can tell a detective many things.

I am guessing they have no proof Noah ever returned home from taking his dad to work and going to the store though.

How old is the baby?

Well I didn't see any of the internet stuff posted that the sheriff was talking about. Most people on the Noah's Facebook site are supporting the parents. The only thing I have seen is the issue of no amber alert been discussed.
The Facebook page is well run so they could be deleting any rumours etc.

The sheriff didn't mention the Pokemon cards? Maybe that's a rumour.

Now an unknown car was seen in the area- I hope they have a description, maybe they could appeal for anyone who was driving down that road on Sunday morning between 8-15 am and 10.30am, to come forward, even just to eliminate themselves.

I can't believe there has been no sightings or any trace of this little one. Still praying here x

Maybe I'm jaded from too much time here but when parents start changing their stories I don't get a good feeling. The difference between a 5yo having a 3 hour window vs a 1 hour window is HUGE. He could have been in another state before LE was ever notified.

My thoughts exactly. Story has changed drastically IMO

Well I didn't see any of the internet stuff posted that the sheriff was talking about. Most people on the Noah's Facebook site are supporting the parents. The only thing I have seen is the issue of no amber alert been discussed.
The Facebook page is well run so they could be deleting any rumours etc.

I think I figure out what they are talking about. News comments. All the various news sites covering this, if you read the comments just go on and on and on about the parents and particularly the mom being irresponsible for daring to take a nap with a newborn and a toddler.

Makes me nauseous reading all that stuff. If she's a suspect, fine. If she's not, back off. But don't rail on her for doing what is fairly normal for parents with multiple small children and odd schedules. Talk about casting the first stone.

No clue. IMO he's got a pretty bad attitude. It's really bad form to on one hand want the public's help but then make comments about "armchair analysts". People can't help without thinking and speculating.

JMO here but he does appear to be egotistical and resents the "public" getting into what he considers his business.

I think I figure out what they are talking about. News comments. All the various news sites covering this, if you read the comments just go on and on and on about the parents and particularly the mom being irresponsible for daring to take a nap with a newborn and a toddler.

Makes me nauseous reading all that stuff. If she's a suspect, fine. If she's not, back off. But don't rail on her for doing what is fairly normal for parents with multiple small children and odd schedules. Talk about casting the first stone.
I would consider comments like those as personal opinions and not rumor.

I agree it is a good one. I went and looked at the FB page and it looks like they may have a template available, so you are probably right. I'm sure most people dropped into this situation have no idea of the history of some of these older cases.

Still...isn't there anyone else not associated with such a notoriously questionable missing child case?
I haven't been to their site, but aren't they only trying to keep Lisa Irwin's case alive and to find her? I see no problem with caring people having an exclusive case they support and helping with other cases involving missing children.

(I would like to exclude certain groups known to be associated with questionable characters of high profile murder trials in that statement.)

JMO here but he does appear to be egotistical and resents the "public" getting into what he considers his business.

Or he could just be enormously exhausted, frustrated, fearful, and dreading when they find this boy...because he doesn't think he will be alive. Frankly, if I was in this investigation and was tapped to exhaustion, the last thing I'd feel like doing is having a press conference. Let's cut the guy a break. He probably knows in the back of his mind he's going to have to investigate the deceased body of a small boy. That can't be easy and it does no good for us to sit and speculate about his attitude. I don't think any of us would be perky.

Maybe it's the whole amber alert thing? People were getting angry that there wasn't one issued. But the anger was towards LE, not the family.

They need the publics assistance in this. They need people on their side. A lot of people are posting ideas of searching places locally, I really don't see anything wrong with that.
You can't ask for the publics help, then slate them when they try. Jmo.x

I get that feeling too. It bugs me that he uses every PC to basically shame people on the internet. It feels like a planned distraction on his part.

He does seem a bit thin-skinned and appears to resent anyone having any thoughts or opinions or suggestions about this case.

Maybe a case of displaced frustration. I'm sure he is frustrated and venting.

I would call the "run of a huge property" wandering. You wandered. Which is normal for that age.

Noah's family seems to be saying he wouldn't leave the teeniest little area. I think he did.

I agree, I think he did also.

I think this comes up in a lot of cases. The parent's say their child would never do this or that. I tend to think it's a defense mechanism. Perhaps, it's easier to accept that someone else is responsible for him leaving...rather your lack of supervision. I think it's a tough thing for a parent to accept in a bad situation. Just my guess, though.

Maybe it's the whole amber alert thing? People were getting angry that there wasn't one issued. But the anger was towards LE, not the family.

They need the publics assistance in this. They need people on their side. A lot of people are posting ideas of searching places locally, I really don't see anything wrong with that.
You can't ask for the publics help, then slate them when they try. Jmo.x

I agree. LE are going on the theory he just wandered off. If they are suspecting kidnapping it seems like an Amber Alert would now be issued. Too bad LE didn't assume worst case scenario (kidnapping) so that the Alert would have been issued early on.

I agree. LE are going on the theory he just wandered off. If they are suspecting kidnapping it seems like an Amber Alert would now be issued. Too bad LE didn't assume worst case scenario (kidnapping) so that the Alert would have been issued early on.

An Amber Alert could not be issued, though. Sadly. From their website, I don't think there was enough information to do so. http://www.amberalert.gov/guidelines.htm

Regardless of their beliefs or feelings, there was simply no evidence of an abduction.

Summary of Department of Justice Recommended Criteria

There is reasonable belief by law enforcement that an abduction has occurred.
The law enforcement agency believes that the child is in imminent danger of serious bodily injury or death.
There is enough descriptive information about the victim and the abduction for law enforcement to issue an AMBER Alert to assist in the recovery of the child.
The abduction is of a child aged 17 years or younger.
The child’s name and other critical data elements, including the Child Abduction flag, have been entered into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) system.

Yeah ... some thoughts on this.

First I COMPLETELY agree about the parents. Until there's evidence to believe they are involved, people ought to quit punishing them for not speaking out. I know that speaking out might help get attention to the case, but it seems like attention is not a problem right now. We want the parents to speak because we want information. That doesn't mean they should. We have no idea what evidence they have, or what kind of a state they are in.

I hope they have leads. If they thought he hadn't walked into the woods, confidently, why would they still be devoting such large resources to that effort? They've got a hundred people searching in 12 hour shifts. It DOES seem like if he was out there they would have found him by now, but I know they don't always. Devon Michael Davis - they found him just down the street from the house as they were calling the searchers in to end the search.

The rumors - I've noticed that too. On FB the friends are going positively nutty about the rumors and how they are damaging, but I also have not seen any rumors. Then LE got into it and asked people to stop the rumors. I have no idea what they are referring to.

You are right of course. Just because some of us want the parents to speak doesn't mean they should. But, those of us who follow cases like this, me included, are interested in observing the parents' body language and what they say or not say and if their emotions match their facial expressions, etc. It's a natural side effect of sleuthing crimes :thinking: We can't help ourselves.

An Amber Alert can't be issued w/o a description of a vehicle and plate number. No one saw Noah get into a vehicle, Noah's case does not qualify for an amber alert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nosey2b