GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it just pop off or does it require tools to remove it?? I know the kid didn't put it back on. The tank is only 6 inches deep.
New information surfaces on septic tank Noah Thomas' body was discovered in

PULASKI CO. (WSLS 10) - On Friday further information was released on the septic tank 5-year-old Noah Thomas' body was discovered in.

Sources say the septic tank is considered a "high rise" even though it's ground level. This type of tank has a plastic lid that goes over the top. Authorities have not said if the top was on or off when they found Noah.

Sources say the tank is 4 by 8 feet and 5 and a half feet deep. The septic tank holds about 1,000 gallons.

http://www.wsls.com/story/28632222/...-on-septic-tank-noah-thomas-body-was-found-in

BBM

I have had a question from the beginning that has bugged me. I thought I read that the mom said he had on a jacket and boots when he was missing. Is this bc she saw him last wearing this or bc she noticed it missing? Or did I misunderstand?

JMO but when asked what Noah was wearing that morning Mom told him the clothes he was wearing when the family took Dad to work. The coat was probably added just because it wasn't in the house.

@chrishurstwdbj: Autopsy for #NoahThomas is complete. Results on cause and manner of death are pending, per medical examiner's office in Roanoke.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My opinion on that is that if I were going to let another adult supervise my child in my stead, is that I would have at least poked my head out to introduce myself to the adults that I was letting supervise my child. Just my opinion. :)
I have one small boy and when we have played in the yard I have had children come over to play from the neighborhood with no parent in sight. - uggh..

As for sleeping while letting a child roam free in the house -- the anxiety of thinking something might happen to my son outweighed my need to sleep. I have photos of bags under my eyes and a glassy look from lack of sleep when he was a toddler:) - and I had no one to watch him if I wanted to rest - but we made it work:)

I have one small boy and when we have played in the yard I have had children come over to play from the neighborhood with no parent in sight. - uggh..

As for sleeping while letting a child roam free in the house -- the anxiety of thinking something might happen to my son outweighed my need to sleep. I have photos of bags under my eyes and a glassy look from lack of sleep when he was a toddler:) - and I had no one to watch him if I wanted to rest - but we made it work:)

I still have that look, and my son is 5. :D

..also Noah's mom has an infant child - could she have been suffering from postpartum depression ? -
She is depressed and wanted to sleep - she should not have been left alone with two children-etc?
Just talking out loud..
This is something I have been contemplating all along. However, I am not sure we should be discussing it at this point since we have zero indication of it being an issue here.

In general, postpartum depression does not mean mothers are to be kept from their children. They should get the proper help from their physicians though.

DeeMarie made a good point that if mom was suffering from PPD that could have made her need for sleep even stronger.

I have a 3 year old, 2 year old, and 8 month old. I have held my tongue on some of the comments but I have had enough. I have zero help with my kids and my husband just had back surgery so he's not much help. We moved recently and have no family around. I had a bad case of the flu and fell asleep on our couch in our living room that has gates up at both entrances while the baby was napping in his bassinet and my two youngest were running around next to me. I consider myself a very vigilant parent, not a helicopter parent but a vigilant one, and I fell asleep as much as I tried not to. All the caffeine in the world couldn't keep me awake. I was asleep for prob 45 mins but according to some of you on here I should be in jail for child neglect. I think we should stop judging each other. There's enough "mommy wars" in everyday life do we really need it on this forum when all of the facts haven't come out yet?

But what you described is VASTLY different from what happened here. I clearly stated perhaps it's because of the demeanor of my child that I personally can't imagine doing that. You were still with them, and would have probably awoken had anything happened. I just don't think, IMO, leaving a five year old for hours without supervision is appropriate. There is nothing that will change my view on this. I was a five year old who was left alone, and I was fine, however, that is the very reason I don't think it is appropriate. I have never intended to hurt anyone's feelings but at the same time that is simply my opinion which I'm entitled to.

@MolaReports: Autopsy on #NoahThomas is FINISHED. Medical Examiner: Results are PENDING. Cause of death will help exlpain what happened to Noah. @wusa9

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeeMarie made a good point that if mom was suffering from PPD that could have made her need for sleep even stronger.

I think that is an unfortunate side effect of the way we live today, mothers do not have that network they use to have to depend on, and unfortunately the entire family suffers because moms are often the grease that keeps the family wheels moving. I truly hope she has a strong group rallying around her to help her through this if its the accident it appears to be.

@MolaReports: Autopsy on #NoahThomas is FINISHED. Medical Examiner: Results are PENDING. Cause of death will help exlpain what happened to Noah. @wusa9

What does it mean results are pending? Waiting for tests to come back? I hope this gives is some answers, and I truly hope it was just an awful awful accident.

When is next PC?

What does it mean results are pending? Waiting for tests to come back? I hope this gives is some answers, and I truly hope it was just an awful awful accident.

Lab results most likely

Horribly Sad case no matter what the outcome

I have read that it was checked the first two days.

How could they check it without draining it? Just wondering..

If they checked the first two days and saw nothing - then checked again and found Noah and drained it --or they had to drain it before they could even see Noah..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member