GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much for these links. I knew I had heard about another 5 year old dying from falling in a septic tank but I couldn't remember where I had heard it. This is actually my local news link.

http://www.wsaz.com/home/headlines/Child-Dies-After-Falling-into-Septic-Tank-263325031.html

A number of sources talk about the newer, lighter weight caps and lids that become degraded or damaged over time, or are displaced by vehicles, mowers, etc. I wonder when this tank was last serviced and inspected for damage?

I'm not saying that he couldn't have been placed there intentionally. Just that there have been enough accidents that I can't jump to that conclusion. Not yet.

I am not a perfect parent by any means, I'm still figuring it all out, but I can't fathom being asleep that long with a child that age(actually I can't fathom sleeping at all while a young child is up in your home). I know five year olds can play in a room on their own, but, you should always be ALERT when watching a child and within earshot of what is happening. I haven't seen proof or anything clearly pointing to this being done on purpose, however, negligence is a crime. I get accidents can and do happen, but, when you are not aware of what your child is doing because you are asleep?!? I just can't even get over this right now. And sorry if this has been hashed to death, when he first went missing I looked at his pic and that was it so I didn't delve into the details!

I agree that a parent shouldn't sleep for hours while a 5 year old is left unsupervised - but in this case, if she were fully alert and awake and he went outside to play and she checked on him in 5 minutes, this still could have been the outcome. I'm a firm believer that children his age should be allowed to play in their own yards, with a parent checking, and this may have happened within 3 minutes of him stepping outside to play.

In one pic, of the men looking in and around a porch like structure..I am thinking there may have been an old septic there, that current occupants were either unaware of, or if older people, forgotten about. It may have been covered with leaves or broken boards, and not easily visible..

I agree that a parent shouldn't sleep for hours while a 5 year old is left unsupervised - but in this case, if she were fully alert and awake and he went outside to play and she checked on him in 5 minutes, this still could have been the outcome. I'm a firm believer that children his age should be allowed to play in their own yards, with a parent checking, and this may have happened within 3 minutes of him stepping outside to play.

I think this could have happened while she was peeing, doing a load of laundry, changing the baby's diaper; if this was an accident and he fell into the septic.

My heart just sort of leaped into my throat when I saw this thread was moved :(

I just have to say this though, as the mom of 7 kids... several of them very close in age which means toddlers and newborns in the same house at the same time:

Sometimes mom falls asleep and didn't MEAN to. Especially when there's a newborn (or infant who isn't sleeping through the night yet) and you're literally ON 24/7 and have been up for ungodly hours at a time. Eventually, you just crash even if you were just sitting on the couch. That actually happened to me once when I had an infant and two toddlers. Baby was sleeping, toddlers watching cartoons, and the next thing I knew it was two hours later. Thank God everything was fine but I cannot tell you how horrified I was. It happens.

IF mom had absolutely nothing to do with harming this precious boy, him disappearing while she was asleep is going to destroy her enough as it is. I pray she never reads on SM what a horrible human being she is for falling asleep.

Just had to say that. MOO.

In one pic, of the men looking in and around a porch like structure..I am thinking there may have been an old septic there, that current occupants were either unaware of, or if older people, forgotten about. It may have been covered with leaves or broken boards, and not easily visible..

Good point. No where has it been stated this was a current in-use septic system.

I have been staying away from the fourms today because of my opinions. I always thought the story was fishy from the beginning I even mentioned it a couple times it just didn't sound right and I still believe that. I am so sad for Noah but I do know he is at peace and find comfort in that. Some of those people on face book are cruel and evil but I do want to say some of those people do know Noah's mother in person that are speaking on facebook I'm not speaking of the ones running the find Noah site but others. Rest in peace Noah!

1. Lawsuit site for a plastic lid septic tank manufacturer
2. Again, open or broken lids, abandoned wells and decommissioned septic tanks. Not the same circumstances
3. Advertising for different home inspection services

Not every site on the web is simply disseminating information for the public good. Some web sites call #1 & #3 "sponsored results."

I just have to say this though, as the mom of 7 kids... several of them very close in age which means toddlers and newborns in the same house at the same time:

Sometimes mom falls asleep and didn't MEAN to. Especially when there's a newborn (or infant who isn't sleeping through the night yet) and you're literally ON 24/7 and have been up for ungodly hours at a time. Eventually, you just crash even if you were just sitting on the couch. That actually happened to me once when I had an infant and two toddlers. Baby was sleeping, toddlers watching cartoons, and the next thing I knew it was two hours later. Thank God everything was fine but I cannot tell you how horrified I was. It happens.

IF mom had absolutely nothing to do with harming this precious boy, him disappearing while she was asleep is going to destroy her enough as it is. I pray she never reads on SM what a horrible human being she is for falling asleep.

Thank you. One thing that has remained consistent (as far as I can tell) is that mom drove dad to work, returning home at 7am. Which means she most likely was up very early and having a small infant and a 5 year old boy, it's a safe bet she was exhausted.

Guess I'm old fashioned.....but, if I was inclined to allow a 5 yr. old to play outside, alone, in an unfenced yard...I would at the minimum make sure there was nothing hazardous out there! I know, this will lead to the free roaming kids parenting debate. I call it lazy parenting....

I know! I cannot believe people are posting and taking all their anger and life's unhappiness out on this particular story. Maybe we should wait for evidence, huh?

1. Lawsuit site for a plastic lid septic tank manufacturer
2. Again, open or broken lids, abandoned wells and decommissioned septic tanks. Not the same circumstances
3. Advertising for different home inspection services

Not every site on the web is simply disseminating information for the public good. Some web sites call #1 & #3 "sponsored results."

I understand that link is a commercial site. But the articles referenced (and pictured) are real.

Not sure why you're arguing the point.

Here's the problem I'm having.

First, I will say that I know next to nothing about septic tanks. (only what I've read here and through links, etc...)

It can only be one of 2 ways. If it was an 'open' septic tank, that is pretty much the only way this could be an accident. BUT, if it WAS an open septic tank, I would think LE would have said, "Hey! Let's check here!" :doh:

If it was a closed septic tank, someone had to have put him there. Period. Those lids are way too heavy for many adults, let alone a child to not only lift to get in, but also to close behind him?? Nah.

I know which way I'm leaning but I'll wait for more info. This is just horrific no matter what but it could be worse. Those "rumors" could turn out to be true.

wholeheartedly agree. and especially with the tip supposedly coming out right after a reward was offered. makes me sick.

How old is the baby? A newborn? Toddler?

Guess I'm old fashioned.....but, if I was inclined to allow a 5 yr. old to play outside, alone, in an unfenced yard...I would at the minimum make sure there was nothing hazardous out there! I know, this will lead to the free roaming kids parenting debate. I call it lazy parenting....

But with the property owner having renters with kids, the place looks pretty good. Hard to believe an older person, who has seen a lifetime of accidents and tragedies, would not have the septic system secured per today's standards.

Thank you. One thing that has remained consistent (as far as I can tell) is that mom drove dad to work, returning home at 7am. Which means she most likely was up very early and having a small infant and a 5 year old boy, it's a safe bet she was exhausted.

When our kids were little and we had 1 vehicle I did the exact same thing if I needed the van that day for some reason. As SOON as I read that I remembered how exhausting that was. It's a brutal routine for young families but you have to do what you have to do.

BBM, and I'm not casting stones at the family, but am I the only one that gets a check whenever the word "deserves" is used in a tragic context? It just always seems so out of place and makes me wonder what state of mind triggers that word. Who would ever think ANY 5 year old's death, or frankly any unexpected tragedy, was deserved?
I think people are often uncomfortable and don't know what to say. While it doesn't sound quite right for the circumstances, the sentiment is akin to saying life is not fair. And it isn't when children die for no reason.

If it turns out someone killed this sweet child, I hope they fry. At the same time, I hope that LE is damned sure of themselves before they bring charges. I am glad the FBI is involved and I truly hope they remain on the investigation to its conclusion.

I understand that link is a commercial site. But the articles referenced (and pictured) are real.

Not sure why you're arguing the point.

JMO. If my hubby says accidents are rare, I believe him over you. And there is so much bs on so many websites. Maybe the articles are real. You would be surprised what people will do to attract hits, sales, etc. on the web. Didn't mean to argue. Sorry if I offended you.

Been following this for a while. Just thought I'd add something to the septic tank info.

When my parents bought a house "in town" and moved us when I was a teenager, they got me a dog. She started digging at a spot in the yard, and after a few days of digging, I noticed that there was a "real"hole in the center, about 2" in diameter. I got a long stick and poked it in the hole and it fell all the way in. I told my mom, and after doing calls - lo and behold, when the house was built in the 50s, it had a metal septic tank that had never been removed. It was starting to collapse, and eventually could have caved under any of us at any time.

If there were something similar going on here, it could be that someone local did some digging or remembered it was there or even guessed it could be. If it were partially under an outbuilding, the point of entry could have been overlooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove