GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM It just seems so unbelievable that anyone would think to hide a body in a septic tank and especially a family member. I'm still praying for an accident.

I remember a long discussion about it here when talking about the Heather Elvis case. Some people thought it was the perfect way to dispose of a body.

I think someone put him in the septic, but I don't necessarily think the parents were involved.

I have been gone so much of the day. Can someone please just give me a quick summary as to what is happening? I would really really really appreciate it!

RIP Noah....such a beautiful angel

BBM It just seems so unbelievable that anyone would think to hide a body in a septic tank and especially a family member. I'm still praying for an accident.

Honestly, family members often do their worst to one another. We have sure seen that here.

JMO. If my hubby says accidents are rare, I believe him over you. And there is so much bs on so many websites. Maybe the articles are real. You would be surprised what people will do to attract hits, sales, etc. on the web. Didn't mean to argue. Sorry if I offended you.

I posted the original article, and while, yes, I agree accidents are rare, that doesn't mean they don't happen. We have no idea what happened in this circumstance, but we can't just rule out accidents because they don't happen often. If they did, they wouldn't really be accidents.

As an aside, my grandparents used to have a septic system whose access hatch was secured by a piece of plywood weighed down by a car tire.

I have been gone so much of the day. Can someone please just give me a quick summary as to what is happening? I would really really really appreciate it!

RIP Noah....such a beautiful angel

All we know for sure is that Noah's body was found in a septic tank. No word yet if accidental or otherwise. Septic tank on the property where family lives.

Please don't google this then. I'm just saying...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont know the family dynamic super well ... But it just feels very wrong to consider a family member would have purposely killed Noah ... Knowing what little we do. It just doesn't fit.

So a question. If there were an accident and he passed, and mom freaked and hid the body ... Then the lie kept getting worse ... Until she to. Would she be arrested for admitting that? Or would something like that be pending the autopsy and confirmation of her story?

If it were an accident the tank would be open. If the tank was open they would have thought to drain and search it. I assume therefore it was closed. thoughts??

I don't know how the dogs work but if Noah was up earlier Sun and went out to the car, wouldn't that have left a scent? And how would they be able what time the scent was generated?
The fresher the scent...the stronger it is to the dogs so while they cannot "time stamp" a track...they can get the best scent. A trailing dog uses dead skin cells that constantly slough off the body. They land on the blades of grass and dirt giving the dogs an air scent. Or they can track by a disturbance in the ground depending on how the dog is trained. We used to have some great SAR dog trainers here to explain all of this and I am afraid I am not doing it justice. But the dogs are quite helpful in certain situations.

For instance, if Noah walked out to the end of the driveway to say get the mail or something...and he was carried across the yard after that...then the dog would probably trail him to the end of the driveway with the stronger scent. (I could be wrong though.)

Honestly, family members often do their worst to one another. We have sure seen that here.

Yes, and when you add the following- body found close to home, in an enclosed area and in water/liquid. ????

Hinky meter is off the scale for me at this point. moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont know the family dynamic super well ... But it just feels very wrong to consider a family member would have purposely killed Noah ... Knowing what little we do. It just doesn't fit.

So a question. If there were an accident and he passed, and mom freaked and hid the body ... Then the lie kept getting worse ... Until she to. Would she be arrested for admitting that? Or would something like that be pending the autopsy and confirmation of her story?

If it were an accident the tank would be open. If the tank was open they would have thought to drain and search it. I assume therefore it was closed. thoughts??

I guess it would depend on the COD. If he died b/c of an accident that didn't have anything to do with the septic tank and the mother put him there to hide him, it could be abuse of a corpse. If the autopsy shows that Noah did in fact die by drowning in the septic tank then it would probably be manslaughter. I don't believe she set out to kill her son so I can't believe murder

But if it were accidental death outside the tank, and the tank is covered, I just don't want to believe that location would pop into a parents mind as suitable to hide his body. And I'm still not ready to believe the parents did this.

JMO

But after reading here and on SM, it seems it's pretty common to nap and leave children to their own devices.

Another mom here. I too try never to nap when my little ones are awake, and I honestly don't think most moms do. In fact, from what I've read most moms try damned hard to give their kids 100% supervision. Unfortunately this isn't possible all the time. Sometimes you're just too exhausted to stay awake. Or your husband's on a business trip, you have no family in town, no friends who don't work and you're running a 104 degree fever trying desperately to take care of a 2 and 4 year old. Parenting is hard. Really hard. And being on 24-7, 110% is damned near impossible.

Before having kids I used to see cases like this and judge the parent. Now, as a mom, I can absolutely understand how these things happen. We're humans, not machines. It wouldn't have mattered if she'd slept 2 hours or 2 minutes. 2 minutes is all it takes. I wish people would remember that. A woman is grieving the loss of her child and will no doubt spend the rest of her life blaming herself for a moment of weakness. Until LE decide she's guilty of something, I'm not sure anyone here should be convicting her.

You don't have to placate me you know-just cuz I'm being bullish (lol). I will get off my high horse. My heartbroken one.
I wasn't! I really think it is very thoughtful and pretty. Someone needs to do something to offer up a bit of support for the family, friends, and LE who are having the worst night. LE poured their hearts and souls into this case for the past 5 days and with them so many volunteers have spent countless hours in hopes of finding Noah alive. It is heartbreaking for everyone. Noah touched so many in his short little life and Dublin's little red headed, dimpled darling will be remembered. (By the way, I love the color blue...my fav.)

I totally agree, but I don't know it would have mattered in this case. It's been 4 days since she realized something was amiss and now they've found him. I think if she went to check on him after 5 minutes of playing outside, the outcome would be the same. Gone, so fast. This is just awful.

It is truly awful, and I agree we don't know if it would have made a difference in this horrific outcome, but if I was personally in moms shoes I think it would make a difference to me. I truly feel for this family, I can't even imagine the pain they are feeling, because I haven't seen anything to suggest this was more than an awful accident. However, I stand by the fact that leaving a child that age unattended for that amount of time is not acceptable. Exhaustion is not an excuse. If she would have said she was playing video games for an hour, everyone would agree that was negligent behavior. However, I think she is getting a pass because so many people can relate to being exhausted. It doesn't change the fact that I feel horrible for her, I really do, although it may come off I'm being callous, I'm not trying to be.

I do think at this point it appears to be nothing more than a tragic accident, and I hope they are forthcoming to the circumstances so if other parents out there have septic tanks like this they can perhaps find a better way of securing them, and will also initiate parents to have that conversation with their children about how they have to be very cautious.

It was stated earlier he may have been playing with another child? Was that verified? I could easily see how two little boys could stumble upon this and one get hurt and the other be too afraid to say something.

Regardless of what led up to this, all I have is prayers for this family.

Compassion towards all mothers of young children-and especially-family support because young families need all the help and respite they can get.

Or, I have another thought about this as well.....I refrain to post that option, just to say, no one knows what happened after mom went to sleep.
I keep thinking just the other day, I feel asleep, granted right next to my grandbaby, good thing my dh was home, but she was laid out and I was next to her but not touching. She is 2. Just thinking how easy it was for me to doze off.

What doesn't say he walked outside......

I have different what if's in my head, just as you..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carmenbellaxx