GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
1) No plea from parents. 2) Reward from Sheriff Dept. 3) No alarm raised by LE for kidnapping 4) Search had expanded out 7 square miles in a grid pattern and beyond. Home area was searched 3 times prior to finding Noah. 5) LE put out no warning to indicate danger for others.

What do you think the connection is with the reward from the Sheriff? It's a relatively tiny reward if it's meant to lure someone into disclosing their knowledge of a murder. I mean who is willing to step forward and essentially tell the police that they knew where a dead child was and chose to interfere with the investigation by keeping the location secret, just to claim $5K? An adult with below average intelligence or a child?

Also of course they searched the home multiple times. They always do when it's a kid and that was their last known location.

I'm still reading just struggling to stay caught up. My kids are on spring break this week and my 5 year old needed a bigger bike which made me cry for Noah knowing he'll never need a bigger bike. So sad for this little guy today.

As a parent, if my child told me he knew a child was in a septic tank, I would call 911, not a freaking tip line.

But then why a reward if a child was involved and this was known early on? So my last post does not make much sense really.

I can see the "other child" scenario and suspicions mounting for the other parents or family members. I think a reward would put pressure/guilt out there to speak up. Knowing my 6yo grand daughter, she would never say a word if her little brother got hurt and she witnessed it because she is afraid of getting in trouble for it. I have had to help her feel safe to speak up when accidents happen because she is used to protecting herself with her own parents. So...even through a parent of another child might have prompted their child to speak up or some might feel compelled to protect that child maybe the pressure applied through a reward was enough to get someone talking.IDK, JMO.
hope this makes sense, I'm babysitting my lovelies.

RIP Noah~what a beautiful little boy your loved ones lost.

JMO

Wow.

WSLS 10 asked if there was any evidence to confirm if the family was in fact home with Noah Sunday morning, March 22.

Sheriff Davis said they were going by family statements and that he had spent many hours with Noah's parents and asked the public to not judge them, stating, "They're living in a nightmare," and "their grief is obvious."

http://www.wsls.com/story/28632222/new-information-surfaces-on-septic-tank-noah-thomas-body-was-found-in

Well the reward won't be paid unless the person reporting is "clean", i.e did not have "guilty knowledge" I would guess. A reward won't be given to someone who withheld info/obstructed an investigation.

Well the reward won't be paid unless the person reporting is "clean", i.e did not have "guilty knowledge" I would guess. A reward won't be given to someone who withheld info/obstructed an investigation.

Right, so how could someone know he was in the septic but not have withheld info?

People aren't smart a lot of the time, though. They might think they'll get that money regardless.

If a parent were covering for a child (or themselves for letting their child go play alone too) I do doubt it's about the reward as much as the buildup of guilt.

Right, so how could someone know he was in the septic but not have withheld info?

It could be something as simple as they heard chatter around town and called in. Or, they could have remembered someone asking about septic systems. There are a lot of reasons someone could have come forward late, but not have withheld information. (Those are not great examples, but I've had a long day and my brain is fried lol.)

I don't think LE would have referred to a tip as strongly credible, if it was thought they had knowledge they were sitting on.

I can only add my latest experience with septic tanks. Due to a recent plumbing problem we had to have the septic tank cleaned out. Once the septic tank was found and the cover was uncovered we found out that the cover was a piece of concrete approximately 3ft by 4ft. It had to be lifted and wedged open so the septic tank pump pipe could get in and pump it out.

When the job was finished they asked me if I wanted a manhole put on it so we did not have to struggle with the lid the next time. I decided to go ahead and get it . It was a large round pipe with a manhole cover on top. It's approximately 3 ft long and if opened it is large enough for a small person to fall in. I'm going to have to get a lock for it or get the safety device for it. These are relatively new (I think). I've included a link to show you all what I'm talking about. I hope it helps.

http://www.thefind.com/garden/info-septic-tank-risers"" (scroll down and you will see a child standing on one like I have now)

If Noah found something like this I can totally understand how he fell in. However if it's all underground then I don't understand.

Please go to the link in my above post to find general info about the septic tank risers and lids. Mine can easily be lifted then will automatically fall back down. All lids are not bolted shut or screw ons. If you scroll down the page you will see a little girl standing on one. When you open the lid on mine (which a child could do and it would automatically fall back down ) it does not have the safety part the little girl is standing on it is open straight down to septic tank. I am going to have to find a way to bury mine or lock it or get the safety part like the little girl is standing on. I think the link will answer a lot of questions I've seen about the risers and lids.

They could've just found out about it...i.e. if someone put Noah in the septic, they might have told a friend or family member but not until days later.

I remember a cold case that was solved because the killer got drunk in a bar and confessed to some woman he'd just met...something like 30 years after he did it.

I just can't get over the fact that he was in the septic. It feels too awful to be an accident. I am at a loss.

Please go to the link in my above post to find general info about the septic tank risers and lids. Mine can easily be lifted then will automatically fall back down. All lids are not bolted shut or screw ons. If you scroll down the page you will see a little girl standing on one. When you open the lid on mine (which a child could do and it would automatically fall back down ) it does not have the safety part the little girl is standing on it is open straight down to septic tank. I am going to have to find a way to bury mine or lock it or get the safety part like the little girl is standing on. I think the link will answer a lot of questions I've seen about the risers and lids.

I think, since a tip was called in, that eliminates the possibility of an accident. Someone knew the child was in the septic tank.

What do you think the connection is with the reward from the Sheriff? It's a relatively tiny reward if it's meant to lure someone into disclosing their knowledge of a murder. I mean who is willing to step forward and essentially tell the police that they knew where a dead child was and chose to interfere with the investigation by keeping the location secret, just to claim $5K? An adult with below average intelligence or a child?

Also of course they searched the home multiple times. They always do when it's a kid and that was their last known location.
Just maybe it had nothing to do with the money............could of just been called in as a tip and reward happened the same time

To be honest, I am not at all certain the reward has anything to do with the tip they received. We don't know when the tip was sent in or if it was overlooked. LE received over 100 good tips.

I am not jumping on the second child bandwagon just yet. I see no indication there was another child involved in this tragedy.

The tip could have come from anywhere if someone talked about it or maybe from someone seeing something directly, but didn't think much about it at the time. People who witnessed crimes or accidents sometimes downplay what they saw and don't report because in their mind it isn't important. Only LE should decide what is pertinent to a case and people should call in every small detail when possible.

Isnt it anonymous?
?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members