GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If these two homes share the septic tank, has it been determined that there is only one access?

I have never seen a shared septic system, only single family home septic systems, both sand mound and underground.

Also, does the County have to approve the dual home use? Like is it code to do so? Thanks.

I've never heard nor seen of a "shared" septic tank either. News to me.

In most states now, you are required (or your contractor is) to fill a discontinued septic tank with dirt when it is no longer used.

Link for this. Not here in New Mexico and I can assure you NM is a state.

If these two homes share the septic tank, has it been determined that there is only one access?

I have never seen a shared septic system, only single family home septic systems, both sand mound and underground.

Also, does the County have to approve the dual home use? Like is it code to do so? Thanks.

Has it been said the house and trailer share a septic tank?

Would the police automatically be aware of the property having a septic tank? Our water and waste goes straight into drains here and away to the plant that cleans the water and does whatever. Septic tanks aren't that common. Are they more common in the USA?

I've lived in eight houses in my life, in southern and eastern parts of the US. None of the houses relied upon a septic tank. They all had sewer lines that led to water treatment centers. I also stayed in my boss's lake cottage for a few months during the off season. I think this house used upon a septic system. I don't remember 100%, but I know it had well water and it seems as if there was a box of septic system enzymes (?) under the sink.

Lol, I've often wonder if LE hates sites like this.
No, they don't hate us. I have heard there are quite a few LE who read here and I have personally witnessed it on various cases. Being on a think tank site like this without our members sending in a bunch of meaningless garbage to them is the key to their interest or disdain, imo. I strongly discourage anyone from contacting LE unless they have direct knowledge of a crime or action. I also discourage people from contacting the families of victims unless they are on here, too. People need to understand their boundaries when it comes to being involved with these cases.

Just because the sheriff knows cause of death doesn't mean he knows whether it was accidental, right? For example, if the cause of death turns out to be drowning, that doesn't mean someone didn't somehow force him in there.
The ME will take the circumstances surrounding the death (facts from the scene) and the autopsy findings to rule on the Cause Of Death and Manner Of Death. The ME may wait on the COD until the toxicology reports are in (7-8 weeks) if he/she feels it could play a role in the death. With an accidental drowning, he/she may not wait providing there is enough evidence to support the ruling.

If someone had forced Noah into the septic tank, there would be marks and defensive type wounds as he would fight his attacker, imo. The ME would have carefully gone over the body to find anything pointing in that direction.

And ... since I posted those links about septic tank risers and covers google saw it and now I have septic tank ads popping up on every page.

I've been getting those too. Happens alot when I'm on WS, I get all sorts of strange ads popping up.

If I ever go missing and LE search my computer, they won't know where to start looking - if they follow those "clues"!

I've never heard nor seen of a "shared" septic tank either. News to me.

My old house had a shared septic with the next door neighbor. I think that at one point the houses may have been owned by the same family and so they had a tank in between the houses. When I bought the house the neighbor had already had his own installed years prior, but when they were digging up the sidewalks and drain lines the plans showed us that the septic lines were previously shared and went to both houses.

Funeral for 5-year-old Noah Thomas scheduled for Wednesday
Posted: Mar 30, 2015 5:43 AM EDT
Updated: Mar 30, 2015 5:47 AM EDT
By WSLS 10 Staff

PULASKI CO. (WSLS 10) - Funeral arrangements for Noah Terry Thomas, 5, have been scheduled for Wednesday, April 1, 2015 according to an obituary.
Funeral services will be held at 11:00 a.m. at the Dublin United Methodist Church.

Interment will follow at Highland Memory Gardens in Dublin. Bower Funeral Home, Pulaski is handling the arrangements for the family.

http://www.wjbf.com/story/28645222/funeral-for-5-year-old-noah-thomas-scheduled-for-wednesday

The info on bodies in water... float or sink can be found here: http://www.theanswerbank.co.uk/How-...in-water-initially-sink-but-float-eventually/

Exactly. I can walk outside right now, removed the (pipe-sized cap, as the manhole cover is buried) cap and CHECK my septic tank. The only thing I can tell from doing this is how full it is and whether or not I need to consider having it emptied. The level of the liquid is the only thing I can tell from "checking" my septic tank.

ETA: I just ran this theory by my husband - funny how we get them involved - and he said, perhaps you could see a body by peering inside, IF THE BODY WAS FLOATING. I had not considered a body might be floating. That would bring a new thought to mind; would the body be weighted down?

"Sheriff Jim Davis, through the Pulaski County public information officer, said that FBI agents and Pulaski County investigators had already removed the two-pound plastic lid. They saw sludge, put the lid back on, and called the company to come drain the tank. "

bbm

Two pound lid! That's next to nothing! :(

"Phillips says regardless of the size and weight of the lid most are buried, so you have to use a shovel to get to them and some type of tool to remove them from the tank.

"The covers vary according to who makes them but all the ones we use are plastic. The same size of a manhole, a circular lid. And they are all bolted down to the pipe that brings it to the surface with 6-10 bolts,” Phillips said.

bbm

This information, alone, makes it look like Noah was placed in the tank on purpose. Had the little guy been able to remove the bolted cover in some way, then slipped in, there would still be disturbed ground and a loose lid.

"[Phillips] says while it's not impossible, it is highly unlikely a child would be able to remove a lid -- whether it is cement or plastic."

I'm hoping LE knows exactly what happened now, but are buying time to watch the suspect(s) or let the possibility of evidence being found on the body or in what was pumped put pressure on somebody to confess.

I hope.

Has it been said the house and trailer share a septic tank?

Posted by Courtneyb in thread 2, post 753:
"Angel said there was only one septic tank for their house and Noah's. It was between their houses, actually on the Thomas's property, but that it is not as close to their front door as it looks in the pictures.... She said the angles of some of the pics are a little "funky"... Makes the perspective seen a little off. This pic she saw on the news.. Said that that is her fire pit that they left when they moved."

Angel is Courtneyb's cousin who until December lived in the white house that shared the property and septic tank with Noah's family.

LE must be confident in whatever the ME's findings are, since they have released the body for burial. Is this normal if foul play is suspected? I thought that Caylee Anthonys remains were retained for a long time, and a 2nd autopsy was carried out.

Noah was born 26 June like William Tyrell in Australia - missing under some similar circumstances...

It is very eerie how both boys just vanished that way they did. I honestly thought that Noah would not have been found so quickly since he seemed to have just disappeared like William has. I have been hugging my boys extra tight!!!!!

RE: Septic tanks - We have a commercial sized septic tank and our land is zoned for commercial and/or campground use which would see many people using one tank. So, yes, septics definitely can be shared.

Link for this. Not here in New Mexico and I can assure you NM is a state.

I posted about this in the last thread. It is a requirement in my county in FL, if a septic on your property is abandoned (no longer in use) for it to be destroyed. Either by drilling a hole in the bottom so liquid will not stand in it or crushing the bottom and sides. I know this as fact, since we are getting ready to have a new one installed and have spoken to County permitting and the septic company. Same goes for a well if you are having a new one installed. The old one must be destroyed. The county will then inspect it to make sure it's been done. HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor