GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly believe they were there for Noah. They put their hearts and souls into searching for him for 5 long and definitely grueling days only to find him dead feet from his front door. The officers who attended his funeral were probably devastated. They were all just there to grieve.

This case isn't a huge "Who done it?" and LE isn't skulking about watching people, imo. They have most of their facts and probably had a good idea within hours of finding Noah of what happened. I don't think there was any need for surveillance of anyone at Noah's funeral.

I absolutely agree. I think they were there for Noah.

Part of the problem could be what we have been discussing here for days...the ideal super mom/ super parent. There seems to be this unattainable degree of perfectionism of becoming a super mom/ super parent in our society that people appear to be driven to achieve. They don't ask for help as they are supposed to be able to do it all. The perception of asking for help is admitting failure as a super mom/ super parent. Why would they need help when they are told others go every day without it? Sleep or taking care of themselves? Not on the agenda for a super mom/ super parent. Keep going no matter what and if you end up in the hospital ill then you are considered weak. Yes. I can see the problem.

I don't know. I find it really sad and frankly a bit terrifying, that it's considered unattainable super mom...simply to know the location of your child. I think it's a tad unfair to think that people here could be expecting a super parent, when really most just think it's a good idea to know your child is somewhere around. And that's not even case specific for here. I mean, in general. Not even referring to Noah, his mom, or any specifics of this case. Does anyone really feel knowing where your kid is...is that really impossible? We do see it case after case.

<modsnip rumour>

But I wonder if someone supplied someone with prescription drugs they obtained legally, and that person OD'd, if the same culpability would apply.

bbm. What purpose does this serve for you to say this? To plant seeds of dislike for the parents? I get it. Lots of mothers here feel their own parenting skills or priorities are superior to that of a grieving mother. Got it. But we do not have even a modicum of information to make these horribly offensive statements about drugs.

Not sure if it qualifies as neglect, but the poster who knows about the family did say Noah was often outside alone. Jmo
Last time I checked, it was not against any law to sit inside and watch a 5 year old child play outside. Plus if there were capable adults outside with their own children and lived across the unfenced yard, I would think any parent would not hesitate to allow their child to participate. So neglect? No.

I don't think anyone was saying that they were "super mom" or that any mom should be. Not an accurate portrayal of what any of us who said that they were not comfortable sleeping for 3 hours while their children were unattended.

I am just saying that all of my parent fails happen while I am awake, with, and interacting with my kids.

I don't know. I find it really sad and frankly a bit terrifying, that it's considered unattainable super mom...simply to know the location of your child. I think it's a tad unfair to think that people here could be expecting a super parent, when really most just think it's a good idea to know your child is somewhere around. And that's not even case specific for here. I mean, in general. Not even referring to Noah, his mom, or any specifics of this case. Does anyone really feel knowing where your kid is...is that really impossible? We do see it case after case.

She *thought* she knew the location. Watching cartoons in the living room. When I go to sleep at night, I think I know that my kids are safe in their bed. I do not stay up to watch them to make sure. He was watching cartoons. Sounds pretty reasonable.

Wow, guess we will get some answers soon.

Last time I checked, it was not against any law to sit inside and watch a 5 year old child play outside. Plus if there were capable adults outside with their own children and lived across the unfenced yard, I would think any parent would not hesitate to allow their child to participate. So neglect? No.

I don't think we know that she was sitting inside watching him. And if she never spoke to the neighbors watching her child, how would she know if they are capable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbm. What purpose does this serve for you to say this? To plant seeds of dislike for the parents? I get it. Lots of mothers here feel their own parenting skills or priorities are superior to that of a grieving mother. Got it. But we do not have even a modicum of information to make these horribly offensive statements about drugs.

<modsnip> She said there has been no mention. <modsnip> Not that anyone here knows if it's true or not. I hope everyone gets answers soon. It's feisty up in here.

BBM, I think this is a huge problem. Obviously there are plenty of people who think it's acceptable to assume your neighbors don't mind watching your kid. But I've never been a fan of parents who are hands off as soon as there are other adults around to watch over their kids. Quite frankly, each parent is responsible for their own children. Honestly I can't imagine sending my kiddos outside to play and assume the neighbor doesn't mind watching them.

I don't think I am a super mom, or think I am the best at it. I probably watch my kids like a hawk for my own reason. When my son was just over 2 and I was 7 months pregnant we went to our old house. In the front next to the road, very busy fast speeding road there was a plow truck, my son started running towards it. I never heard myself scream like that before. It was a moment I still look back on, and I was standing right next to him when he took off and I ran after him. I still suffer over it and blame myself for just becoming this close to an accident. He got to the very edge of the road right as a truck driving 50 was passing by. I lay awake sometimes and remember this horrible feeling. So yeah that close to losing my son, I learn something that day. Horrible feeling will never leave me. Now my kids are 7 and 10. I trained them so well that in parking lots a car could be way on the other side and they will stop and point it out.

Jersey Bridgeman was left in the hands of a trusted, "capable" neighbor/babysitter.

I honestly believe they were there for Noah. They put their hearts and souls into searching for him for 5 long and definitely grueling days only to find him dead feet from his front door. The officers who attended his funeral were probably devastated. They were all just there to grieve.

This case isn't a huge "Who done it?" and LE isn't skulking about watching people, imo. They have most of their facts and probably had a good idea within hours of finding Noah of what happened. I don't think there was any need for surveillance of anyone at Noah's funeral.

I believe they were there to honor Noah, also. However we don't know who could be involved LE is watching, who outside of the parents or family they might be looking into. They do go to vigils, wakes and funerals when they watching people, that's not stalking, it's investigating. They'll look at videos and photos to see behavior and such. People that's committed crime against a missing person have even showed up in the searches and go to vigils, you already know all that, just saying.

I don't think we know that she was sitting inside watching him. And if she never spoke to the neighbors watching her child, how would she know if they are capable?

I think the point is that we don't know that she wasn't, either.

At least the mom, if arrested for anything, can find comfort in the fact that many people agree with her parenting style. And, those who dare to disagree? Are told in no uncertain terms how insensitive they are. :silenced:

Often times in rural small communities they can become complacent where they truly believe it is safe for a child to play in the yard alone. Mothers usually watch them from the windows and they do check on them often though.

They usually know everyone around them pretty well and don't see the dangers like the big cities see.

Our five children are all grown now but I see kids playing outside in their own yards all the time in my neighborhood. My next door neighbor has the cutest tree house built for her grandchildren and I see them in her yard often. I hear her when she is checking on them.

When our grands and great grands come over they play in the backyard because the two acres are fenced in all the way around. My hubby and I are usually out there with them sitting in the gazebo since they want to show us everything they do.! :D But even when I am inside I can see them from every window and from the French doors on the backside of our home.

I really hope that the "major" development, isn't just watch bait for that channel. It seems like there has been a lot of "update" tweets and such, and really it's just been rehashing what we do and don't know.

Yes...the sensational headlines seem to be picking up as information is slowing down. There was one with the very promising "New information surfaces on septic tank..." headline that provided *nothing* but recap. Gah.

I think the point is that we don't know that she wasn't, either.

You are absolutely right. I'm in agreement with that. But, we don't know that particular either way. It was stated in that quote that it wasn't illegal to sit inside and watch your child play outside, as if it were a fact that she did that. Even though I think is harder to stand at a window for hours watching your child than to go outside and sit in a chair. For me, anyway. I'm sure there was a reason she did not go out with him. JMO.

However, I do know the fact that neither parent ever spoke to Angel the entire time they lived there, though Noah played outside frequently with her girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member