GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see any arguing, I just see discussing. :)

Suri Crowe @KSuri · 2h 2 hours ago

#BREAKING there will be a news conference today at 4 with Sheriff Jim Davis updating #NoahThomas case. I'll be there.

She's right on top of this case.

I don't see any arrests, unless it's a name we don't know.

I've been in enough forums here on WS that I see the warning signs...

No actually I don't wear glasses, but I'm trying to get the thread not to be shut down, esp while we're waiting for a presser. If the mods think we're fighting they'll shut it down.
LOL Many of us have been here in a snowstorm, and this isn't one. ;)

Lol, I was just playing with your name. Trying to lighten the mood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe they were there to honor Noah, also. However we don't know who could be involved LE is watching, who outside of the parents or family they might be looking into. They do go to vigils, wakes and funerals when they watching people, that's not stalking, it's investigating. They'll look at videos and photos to see behavior and such. People that's committed crime against a missing person have even showed up in the searches and go to vigils, you already know all that, just saying.
Yes, I do know what you are talking about. My point was this is not that kind of case, imo. I just don't see how it would be helpful in this investigation, but maybe you are right.

Lol, I was just playing with your name. Trying to lighten the mood.

Oh I know. LOL I'm trying to keep someone from pushing that mod button. I hate timeouts, I've been in the corner. :D

It sounds pretty frightening when it is written out, doesn't it? From everything I have read, people are not only suggesting keeping an eye on children, but have an unrealistic expectation of surveillance 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week without fail. Has society has gone into nanny cam mode as a parenting model?

I see the pressure my own DIL places on herself to be the super mom/ super parent. We discuss the pressure coming in from all sides and how it is very difficult to maintain the level of perfection others place on parents today. So it isn't this case that opened my eyes to such a problem. But it is a problem concerning this case, imo.

I have not read on here once anyone pushing for 24/7 "super mom" surveillance. Perhaps you were speaking of reading it in another location, but I think everyone here has been reasonable in their thoughts and experiences shared. Just because we don't agree that parents should know where their children are and whom they are playing with, and those parents, doesn't not make us radicals.. That's stretching what has been said.

So 2 more hours until the presser? If my timezones and math are correct.

I think this thread is going very nicely, but I usually stay away from fighting so maybe I can't tell. Everyone seems friendly when expressing their opinion or disagreement. I don't see anyone being snappy.

OT...my new dg nearly chewed the top off of a bottle of prescription paid meds the other day while I was out. Learned in a hurry that I have to put them out of reach. For once, I was grateful for how hard those bittles are to open. But she almost had it :(

Yes. Patiently or (impatiently) waiting for the presser.

I don't know what will be revealed at 4pm by the police but the only person I truly care about is Noah.

If they have uncovered that someone has purposefully hurt him then I hope they ask for the severest punishment allowed.

If it does happen to be an accident and it being on the landowners property he could be held liable like other homeowners have been. Other homeowners have been criminally charged as well.

I am not sure what is going to happen to the parents or just the mom if this is an accident. I could really see child neglect if Noah had been found in some other area other than in the same yard where he lives and has a right to play. I suppose it will depend on what the laws state and the age of the child left alone to play in their own yard.

Whatever happens........I'm ready. Everyone needs to know what really happened to the little boy with the sweetest smile ever.

IMO

I disagree. I would never just assume that a neighbor is happy to watch my child and I despise having kids dumped on me without warning. If I'm sick (chronic migraines) or busy it is one thing to trust that my 14yo is remaining in our fenced in yard as agreed but quite another to put the same trust in children that I may not know well.

I could possibly see Noah with his little round face pressed up against the glass of window watching the other children out playing. Perhaps mom was dealing with pregnancy issues or a new baby and unable to go out with him. So she just ignores his pleas and tells him he isn't welcome out with the other children unless she can go with him? It isn't Noah's fault there is no fenced area between the homes and the children would be playing in what he would probably perceive as being "his yard". I can't imagine not allowing him to go out if I could watch from inside nor would I consider it dumping my child on anyone. He had as much right to play there as the other children. His mother called him inside which means she was evidently paying attention to him.

No child (living or deceased) should ever under ANY circumstances be placed in a septic tank.......whoever did that deed is pure evil. imo

No child (living or deceased) should ever under ANY circumstances be placed in a septic tank.......whoever did that deed is pure evil. imo

Well we still don't know that anyone did...that is the whole point here, more or less, jmo.

Just a reminder that we don't discuss rumors AND all us WSers always get along. Right?

Thanks !!

For me it's always about the child. If it's an accident, so be it. If someone, anyone harmed the child, the truth needs to come out. I feel this way in all cases involving children.

Well we still don't know that anyone did...that is the whole point here, more or less, jmo.

Well...I guess the sod placed over the tank was the reason he did not place himself in the septic tank.

I could possibly see Noah with his little round face pressed up against the glass of window watching the other children out playing. Perhaps mom was dealing with pregnancy issues or a new baby and unable to go out with him. So she just ignores his pleas and tells him he isn't welcome out with the other children unless she can go with him? It isn't Noah's fault there is no fenced area between the homes and the children would be playing in what he would probably perceive as being "his yard". I can't imagine not allowing him to go out if I could watch from inside nor would I consider it dumping my child on anyone. He had as much right to play there as the other children. His mother called him inside which means she was evidently paying attention to him.

No, of course it isn't Noah's fault but it also isn't the responsibility of a stranger to make life fair for him. IIRC, Courtney said that Noah's mom called him inside 1 time of the numerous times that he played with her cousin's daughters. It sounds like she took advantage of a kind stranger and never even introduced herself most less offered to return the favor.

ETA: My youngest has 2 friends that stay with their grandmother across the road after school and during school breaks. During the summer the 3 of them spend the majority of their time here in the pool but once the pool is covered they tend to spend their time at her house on the basketball court so it all evens outs. It is the complete one sidedness of the situation with Noah that seems really off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members