GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't want them to lawyer up, it's a tactic LE uses to make them feel comfortable, he's their friend, in case they'll confess. We've seen this so many times before.

I just got back to this thread and can't believe what's happened. Boy was I wrong.

Going off your post the sheriff not wanting these people to lawyer up and I have a question. I read earlier that the sheriff reported that Noah's parents had retained legal counsel but the attorney wasn't present when they were being questioned. So if the sheriff suspected something early on but didn't name the parents and didn't tell them they were suspects in Noah's disappearance knowing they had a lawyer could everything they got out of the interviews be thrown out? I wonder if they were read their rights? I don't know if that even makes sense to anyone but me.

JMO

I have been following this case and am so heartbroken for Noah. He is exactly my daughters age.

I live in Roanoke though and have family connections around Southwest VA and a cousin who teaches at Pulaski High School (but lives in Christiansburg). She has said for years how Pulaski is a place that eats it's young. She always encourages her students to try and find opportunities elsewhere after graduation Bc there is just no opportunity there anymore. There used to be a decent furniture industry but it's all been outsourced. There isn't much that's left for people to do but abuse substances and live off the government, unless they are lucky enough to find a job there or commute to Blacksburg, Christiansburg or Roanoke.

My point here isn't to bash Pulaski, but to point out how these once seemingly nice young people probably fell into the trap that many in the area do. Got hooked on drugs (probably meth or opiates) and that was all she wrote. They most likely harmed Noah while high or he accidentally took their drugs and they panicked and put him in the tank. People do insane things on drugs and they is one way they ruin lives. They are an enormous problem in economically depressed rural areas like Pulaski so this just seems to make sense.

So so tragic...but I have to say I was pretty sure he was never "missing" as soon as I heard the Moms nap story.

I just got back to this thread and can't believe what's happened. Boy was I wrong.

Going off your post the sheriff not wanting these people to lawyer up and I have a question. I read earlier that the sheriff reported that Noah's parents had retained legal counsel but the attorney wasn't present when they were being questioned. So if the sheriff suspected something early on but didn't name the parents and didn't tell them they were suspects in Noah's disappearance knowing they had a lawyer could everything they got out of the interviews be thrown out? I wonder if they were read their rights? I don't know if that even makes sense to anyone but me.

JMO

Here's this: http://www.roanoke.com/news/local/p...cle_86971938-fb24-5957-9562-89fb1f087864.html

While the parents’ movements are not being restricted, they are being monitored, Akers said. It is unclear at this time whether the family has hired a lawyer, but Akers speculated that they had been read their Miranda rights as part of the questioning process.

IMOO there is always a bit of truth in the comments..........in a small community, everyone knows who is good and who is bad................you can sense it also.
There are many signs............school, play habits, who hangs out with parents............

I have to say I agree. Small town word of mouth had been amplified 1000 now Bc of Facebook. If everyone knows everyone you are going to hear things a whole lot faster on there. I am not saying to trust it and Lord knows it can be wrong...but...a lot of time where there is smoke, there is fire...

I think if they panicked and put him in there, how awful it is that even if immediately after they have a moment of guilt, which I don't think they did., it would be pretty much impossible to get him out. And they probably threw their drugs in with him. Junkie self preservation at its finest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the baby was only 6 months old - she may have still been being breastfed and I know that some drugs (illegal and prescription) can be passed on/found in breast milk. That may be where the second charge for the baby came from - a possible "forced ingestion" of a drug. Either that or something terrible was happening to both children in that family that I can not understand.

Also the drug use of the parents may have been recent - I heard that some drugs especially meth you can have a rapid decline only after a few months of use. I was hoping Noah was much loved and then a sudden decline in parental care occurred due to drug use with terrible outcome. So sad.

I was getting the impression from those different charges... just moo.. that when the baby was taken into care, the fosters took her to see a pediatrician who examined her, prob gave blood tests and xrays.. and I'm thinking they may have found some evidence of older things, like perhaps fractures.. and assuming, or having been told, that she is the main caregiver for the baby.. she got the worse charges.. with poor Noah, they wouldnt' have known which parent did what damage.. so they arrested them both... probably hoping one will start talking.

Or maybe LE had enough reason to think they left the baby unattended while she took him to work. I am sure they smelled a rat though from the beginning like a lot of us did and just did whatever they could to get the baby out of there.

the nap story always seemed hinky - no infant sleeps that long at the start of a day. I was hoping for a slip and fall in to the tank because the other was too hard to imagine.

But now that we know, my God, I gotta ask: what kind of people could put their child in a septic under any circumstances?? even if you snapped, Od'd the child...whatever horrible thing...how could you put him in a container of feces ?! that's just...i can't even fathom the evil it takes to do that...to disrespect YOUR flesh and blood ...no one deserves that....i hope they're haunted by it for the next 100 years.

Night all. I 'm glad that I can go check on, tuck in, straighten bedcovers and hug my babies before I get in bed. I hope you all rest as easy as you can. :)

IMOO there is always a bit of truth in the comments..........in a small community, everyone knows who is good and who is bad................you can sense it also.
There are many signs............school, play habits, who hangs out with parents............

It was also telling that so many people wanted to donate money to Noah's funeral....BUT totally refused to pay it except to the funeral home directly or to a bank. They also asked if any extra money (after burial expenses) would be given to the family. Some people posted negative comments about these questions, (saying that people should just give the money with a good heart and trust that it would be well used) but I understood why people were hesitant.

R.I.P. cutie pie. May you and your pokemon deck soar with the angels.

A prayer and a candle for you.

It's a case like sweet Noah's that O/T, always reinforces my belief that Baby Lisa Irwin went in the river...

May Noah's sister be able to overcome the terror of her family history and still find a modicum of peace in her life, as well.

Just, *%^^&%*&%^*&%^

I am quite a few pages behind, so maybe you have already explained, but... can you be slightly more specific?

Watch the interviews. The assumption that Paul and Ashley are on drugs comes mostly from pictures because it's quite apparent, I don't think they were alone in the drug usage. Watchinv interviews is watch pushed me off the fence of any possibility that it was an accident along with the rumors of the parents doing heroin. The interviews confirmed the drug rumor for me.

pushing the abduction story and whining about no amber alert was also a huge red flag to me. The parents seemed adamant that the searching needed to be done elsewhere. At least that's the way it was being presented on noahs FB page.

The police were mostly present since Noah went missing, right? I wonder if as the days passed, they didnt start to smell something different when they went into the bathroom. That would be a pretty credible reason to go drain the tank

Just jumping off your post.

Courtneyb, please thank Angel from all of us. What she did is never done easily, and I absolutely appreciate her doing it.

Now, for Noah's parents... I was on the fence because I could never ever believe a parent would put their own child in a septic tank. I honestly cant think of any place more disrespectable. Even in a landfill, you can hope the child didnt end up on/in horrible garbage, but the septic is honestly a million times worse And nothing but horrible.

After seeing their pictures today (the updated mugshot of dad), I can say that if I had seen current pictures of them from day 1, I would never have been on the fence. They have the look of drug addicts. I do believe this is why the LE kept them out of the cameras view. But it always seems to happen where the facebook "trolls" turn out to be right. I have kinda had what they said in the back of my mind because this is like the 4th or 5th case recently that facebook called it WELL before MSM or LE reported anything of the like.

I am just so sad for Noah. No child should die and no human should be put in a septic tank. He mattered so much more than that hiding place gave him credit for. I am so tired of parents throwing their children away. Noah, I am so sorry they failed you so badly! Fly high, Little Guy!

And apparently in my tired, angry state, I have started making new words... disrespectable = disrespectful

Going back through threads #1 and #2, I came across a link provided by laura08. It was an article from late 2014 about a young father that had been arrested for beating his infant son. A quote was provided by none other than AW regarding how she knew the family; "Stories like this just absolutely eat me alive. I don't see how anyone can ever do this to a poor innocent child," White said."
Granted, there could be more than one woman in the area with the same name and this is just freaky coincidence, but I think not.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/pulaski-man-charged-with-abusing-6monthold-son/28110174

Going back through threads #1 and #2, I came across a link provided by laura08. It was an article from late 2014 about a young father that had been arrested for beating his infant son. A quote was provided by none other than AW regarding how she knew the family; "Stories like this just absolutely eat me alive. I don't see how anyone can ever do this to a poor innocent child," White said."
Granted, there could be more than one woman in the area with the same name and this is just freaky coincidence, but I think not.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/pulaski-man-charged-with-abusing-6monthold-son/28110174

Odd to me is that the child and father in that story share a last name with the public information officer in this case... could be unrelated, but struck me odd.

So WHY did they search the tank? And why not sooner?
Sorry if this has already been said, but JMHO, I had a close friend and also extended family members who drowned.. both were accidental drowning and we were told that the body builds gasses that bring a body to the top, that sometimes they are caught under something and it prevents from rising. Depending upon the weather and other conditions (we were told at time of both 7 to 9 days). It sickens me to even type this. The gasses in a septic tank are one thing but a decomposing body is another added. There are all kinds of chemicals in that tank. (think of all the diff things going down your drains). That baby did not look like he did coming out as he did going in. It could be that the 5th day had something to do with the gasses? Possible it could be noticeable to trained LEO.. Not sure. Still catching up on this story. Heart breaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseHase