GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that this is all done, can we say that it is weird for innocent parents to hide inside, refuse to be seen, not give any statements, not go to any searches, nothing. I know that someone innocent *could* do that, but they 99.999% of the time don't. Hannah Graham's parents were on the news, in the news, on the ground, just looking for their sweetness and she was in college! Carletha Freeland-Gaither's family was on the news and most couldn't even get words to come out their mouths, but they were there trying. When we are talking about what is more probable, it is much more probable that innocent parents search or speak or beg!, so when they are locked up inside and completely silent, it is not that people want to go falsely accusing anyone, it is that that behavior is indicative of someone who is hiding something. It seems like when we get inside of these cases, we are not able to logically discuss things without being accused of being a heartless troll, when really, we might just be discussing what the body language is saying. I just wanted to take a minute to discuss that since the emotionality of thinking I am falsely accusing someone of something they didn't do is over. Sometimes, logic and probability lead you exactly where they should. To the truth.

BBM - I was reading late last night from my Nook and made a note to come back and respond to this. It hurt me to see some of the labels that were put on posters who simply felt differently, all the while, their own hearts breaking.

I have a question and I so hope someone knows what I'm referencing. I'm off work today for Good Friday and hoping I don't have to spend the day looking for the specific video in question lol. Someone posted a link regarding Noah's services and I could have sworn I heard a local reporter say that the parents had a couple of hours "alone with Noah at the church to grieve" before the services started. Does anyone remember hearing that?

BBM - I was reading late last night from my Nook and made a note to come back and respond to this. It hurt me to see some of the labels that were put on posters who simply felt differently, all the while, their own hearts breaking.

I have a question and I so hope someone knows what I'm referencing. I'm off work today for Good Friday and hoping I don't have to spend the day looking for the specific video in question lol. Someone posted a link regarding Noah's services and I could have sworn I heard a local reporter say that the parents had a couple of hours "alone with Noah at the church to grieve" before the services started. Does anyone remember hearing that?

Posting from phone, will try to find that link later. Yes, it was one of the three news coverages of the funeral. I recall hearing the same re: time with him before burial.

The link posted for charges against this PRT look like they were for a different PRT as well. These charges were for:
#1 DRIVE LIC, DRIVE WHILE REVOKED, 1ST OFF LIC6809M1 - BOND: $3500
#2 DWI, BAC .08 TO .14, 1ST OFF DWI5413M1 - BOND: $3500
#3 ACCIDENT: DRIVER NOT RPT, W/DEATH/INJ/DAMAG>1000 HIT6604F5 - BOND: $3500
I found a news article which appears to relate to *this* PRT in your link, who seems to now be deceased; he was 48 years old in 2011 when he was found decomposing in the back seat of a vehicle parked in a parking lot in Maryland after being reported missing 3 months earlier. When they identified him they found his name was PRT who had outstanding charges in Virginia:

Yes, the link I provided someone else posted earlier, that's why I said use caution. This is the orig post I was referring to: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-*Parents-Arrested*-4&p=11651387#post11651387
In Noah obit, it states that he was predeceased by grandfather Paul Thomas Jr.

Noah Terry Thomas, age 5 of Dublin was found Thursday, March 26, 2015.

Born June 26, 2009 in Christiansburg, he was the son of Paul Thomas and Ashley White .He was preceded in death by his maternal grandfather, Terry White and Paternal Grandmother and Grandfather, Ellen Fostek and Paul Thomas, Jr.

I wonder if that is the person in your link? But I looked up the obit for PRT and I don't see a PRT listed as a child.

I know they say that hindsight is 20/20, but since this case started, it's seemed obvious that those in little Noah's community "knew" something was amiss in his home............the posts stating little Noah seemed to take more quickly to men than women, his Mom not being a friendly neighbor, the parents being known to "keep to themselves", etc. And from reading the many comments online (comments to news articles, on the Missing FB page), it seems it was no 'secret' that little Noah didn't have a great home life, members of the community believing his parents were into drugs, the rumors about them giving him heroin, ............I guess what I'm saying is........it kind of frustrates me that it seems fair to say that those around him knew that things weren't good in his home life, so did anyone ever call LE to report suspicions or concerns? It's always so sad and frustrating to me when a sweet little child dies directly/indirectly due to abuse and then everyone comes out of the woodwork to claim they saw 'signs' that something was amiss, the rumors about the parents come up, etc. It makes me want to scream "why did it take the death of this child for you to NOW come forward and share your concerns/suspicions?!!!

Maybe they did. Until recently I was naive enough to believe that if you reported a child being neglected, uncared for and so on, it got dealt with. Then I worked with a child, who I was constantly reporting - wearing the same clothes for weeks at a time (by this I mean really dirty, unwashed clothes from one week to the next), child not receiving medical attention for problems that they had had for months, not being adequately dressed for the weather, lack of food in school lunches, mouldy bread, and so on. After a few months, I questioned why nothing seemed to be done, and was told that to prove neglect, the barrier is actually very high. So when I was reporting the child still wearing the food covered, urine-smelling clothes of the previous week, at the start of school on Monday, apparently the fact that she "had clothes" meant that it wasn't neglect. Seriously! That was just one example. That shocked me.

I also found that the well-meaning school was covering up a lot of the problem (not deliberately) for example by providing her with clean clothes, giving her a free meal. They did it to ensure she was getting the care she needed, but in reality, it was masking the problem. I had to take on personal care issues (against my wishes), because it wasn't happening at home. That bothered me, because we were doing what the parent should have been doing, then the issue "disappeared".

Also, another family I reported for neglect were given advance warning of a visit from child protection services, so obviously they could clean up their house, clean up their children and so on. That was some years ago now, I don't know if things have changed.

Posting from phone, will try to find that link later. Yes, it was one of the three news coverages of the funeral. I recall hearing the same re: time with him before burial.

Oh its not necessary for me - I was just afraid others would ask for it. Thank you! Now knowing what we know, I find that very strange. Did they sit there and stare at each other or did they mumble accusations at each other? Wonder if LE arranged all of that to make them think they were alone? Or was that part of the deal? They would get to say good-bye to Noah for some information? I understand a normal family doing that, but obviously these guys were not normal. IMO

Maybe they did. Until recently I was naive enough to believe that if you reported a child being neglected, uncared for and so on, it got dealt with. Then I worked with a child, who I was constantly reporting - wearing the same clothes for weeks at a time (by this I mean really dirty, unwashed clothes from one week to the next), child not receiving medical attention for problems that they had had for months, not being adequately dressed for the weather, lack of food in school lunches, mouldy bread, and so on. After a few months, I questioned why nothing seemed to be done, and was told that to prove neglect, the barrier is actually very high. So when I was reporting the child still wearing the food covered, urine-smelling clothes of the previous week, at the start of school on Monday, apparently the fact that she "had clothes" meant that it wasn't neglect. Seriously! That was just one example. That shocked me.

I also found that the well-meaning school was covering up a lot of the problem (not deliberately) for example by providing her with clean clothes, giving her a free meal. They did it to ensure she was getting the care she needed, but in reality, it was masking the problem. I had to take on personal care issues (against my wishes), because it wasn't happening at home. That bothered me, because we were doing what the parent should have been doing, then the issue "disappeared".

Also, another family I reported for neglect were given advance warning of a visit from child protection services, so obviously they could clean up their house, clean up their children and so on. That was some years ago now, I don't know if things have changed.
I agree with you at the lack of urgency from CPS. I taught for 33 years and was mandated to report any suspicions of child abuse. I did,and fortunately I was only suspicious a few times. One boy in particular had noticeable bruising including an obvious handprint on his face. Cps did respond,but in no case was any child ever removed. Here in NY they don't even have to give the final results to the accuser,so I was basically left in the dark as to how they came to their decision. Very sad.

Catching up reading links provided. So the Dad offense date is March 22, date Noah reported missing. Curious why Mom offense date is her arrest date, April 2.

Curious when they will have Plea & Arraignment. Since its in the Juv system, will it be sealed? Grand Jury :thinking:

The case will initially be heard in the county’s Juvenile and Domestic Relations court, where a judge will determine whether or not there is probable cause to certify the felony warrants to a grand jury. From there, the case could be heard in Circuit Court. http://www.roanoke.com/news/crime/p...cle_317ae1ed-ccc2-52cc-bb94-0ebfb2e94095.html

I stepped away last night for much needed time to grieve and process the overall evil of some so called parents. I've skimmed the last few pages so far and see CPS discussion. Has it been found that they had any contact with Noah's family? I know that's private usually aside from maybe people close that may be questioned but it does come out in most cases where a death happens. The overall system put in place to help children frustrates me to no end. I reported a mom and bf that used hard drugs in front of young children and then passed out and nothing was done! I feel like the help is too little too late in many cases and the parents get too many chances when they show no sign of being able to parent and it breaks my heart

Ashley White shows she is married and that White is her maiden name. Is there a place to check marriage records? Is VA a common law marriage state?

I wonder if that's an error as it was reported she's been in a relationship with Noah's father since high school. If it were common law wouldn't his read married too?

Virginia does not recognize common law marriage.

Sent from my KFJWA using Tapatalk

The link posted for charges against this PRT look like they were for a different PRT as well. These charges were for:
#1 DRIVE LIC, DRIVE WHILE REVOKED, 1ST OFF LIC6809M1 - BOND: $3500
#2 DWI, BAC .08 TO .14, 1ST OFF DWI5413M1 - BOND: $3500
#3 ACCIDENT: DRIVER NOT RPT, W/DEATH/INJ/DAMAG>1000 HIT6604F5 - BOND: $3500
I found a news article which appears to relate to *this* PRT in your link, who seems to now be deceased; he was 48 years old in 2011 when he was found decomposing in the back seat of a vehicle parked in a parking lot in Maryland after being reported missing 3 months earlier. When they identified him they found his name was PRT who had outstanding charges in Virginia:

I always thought Thomas was a more common last name, not Smith or Jones, but not unusual.

Was Noah found with his jacket on? I know last seen with his jacket. Thinking of when it happened.
I wonder if there was any cell phone activity during the not so much 3 hour nap.

I can't even understand how anyone can hurt a child.

Years ago a mom was angry her son wasn't going to sleep and ended up hitting his head some how. And he ended up dying. Do you all think it was drugs in his system, or maybe they are checking but found bruises also on him.

That is not unusual in the South. Everyone not on the family list, is asked to leave the room where the receiving line is. The family on the list is left alone with the officiant and funeral home director(s) while prayers are said, people say personal things, then the casket is closed. Then the family comes into the room where the services are, the casket is brought in and the service starts.

Gosh, for someone who isn't bashing the place, you and your friend sure are bashing the place.

As someone raised, educated, and with a family here, please let me assure you we do not "eat our young." Seriously, there is no way you can possibly think that's a constructive comment.

Pulaski has a community college, is next door to a major university, and has way more industry than a single dead furniture plant. There's Phoenix, there's Volvo, there are call centers, there's a hospital . . . For God's sake, you can find a better description on Wikipedia.

Is it economically depressed? Yes. But your brutal assessment is offensive, to me, my family, my friends--and pretty much to everyone who lives in a rural area, come to think of it. You and your friend need to stop. Seriously. Stop.

I'm sorry you were offended. I know there are plenty of nice people in the area but where there is severe economic depression there is a lot more poverty which breeds every social problem there is. Meth and opiates are a huge problem all over Roanokes surrounding areas Bc of this. Just sayin'

I agree with you at the lack of urgency from CPS. I taught for 33 years and was mandated to report any suspicions of child abuse. I did,and fortunately I was only suspicious a few times. One boy in particular had noticeable bruising including an obvious handprint on his face. Cps did respond,but in no case was any child ever removed. Here in NY they don't even have to give the final results to the accuser,so I was basically left in the dark as to how they came to their decision. Very sad.

You practically have to have video of the abuse, neglect to get a called in observation to help anyone, adult or child. I was told what they are looking for is a trash-strewn house with the floor caving in, indoor plumbing problems, excessive pets and waste, no food in the house. So basically like an extreme hoarder with kids. Drug sales and use, no matter the risk, is not considered a major problem.

Another thing that had me confused in this case is that LE kept emphasizing that the parents were cooperative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member