GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If wonder if the $5000 reward was a ploy to attract someone else LE suspected of knowing about what happened to Noah to come forward with the info and the parents got scared and told? $5000 buys a lot of drugs. JMO

That is not unusual in the South. Everyone not on the family list, is asked to leave the room where the receiving line is. The family on the list is left alone with the officiant and funeral home director(s) while prayers are said, people say personal things, then the casket is closed. Then the family comes into the room where the services are, the casket is brought in and the service starts.

Oh I know that - I'm from the south and unfortunately have attended way too many services. My point was that this is a couple that had their daughter taken away and a day after the services, they were both arrested for abuse and neglect of their children, one of whom was laying in the casket. Surely LE knew about the charges that were about to be brought the next day. I just found it odd for this particular scenario unless there was a purpose we don't know about. JMO

Cameron Austin ‏@CameronOAustin 3m3 minutes ago
Paul Thomas & Ashley White will be arraigned today at 1 via teleconference in Wytheville. Pulaski is not holding court today. #NoahThomas

I know they say that hindsight is 20/20, but since this case started, it's seemed obvious that those in little Noah's community "knew" something was amiss in his home............the posts stating little Noah seemed to take more quickly to men than women, his Mom not being a friendly neighbor, the parents being known to "keep to themselves", etc. And from reading the many comments online (comments to news articles, on the Missing FB page), it seems it was no 'secret' that little Noah didn't have a great home life, members of the community believing his parents were into drugs, the rumors about them giving him heroin, ............I guess what I'm saying is........it kind of frustrates me that it seems fair to say that those around him knew that things weren't good in his home life, so did anyone ever call LE to report suspicions or concerns? It's always so sad and frustrating to me when a sweet little child dies directly/indirectly due to abuse and then everyone comes out of the woodwork to claim they saw 'signs' that something was amiss, the rumors about the parents come up, etc. It makes me want to scream "why did it take the death of this child for you to NOW come forward and share your concerns/suspicions?!!!

I think because 24 hours ago, everyone was chalking up Mom not being sociable to her being a misunderstood, tired, introverted wonderful, loving mom. Now, everyone who thought mom didn't keep a close eye on her kids bears responsibility for not turning them in before Noah was killed?

My how things change in a day.

I think all those observations (minus the drug stuff that apparently some people knew) didn't come together into a big picture until noah went missing. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If wonder if the $5000 reward was a ploy to attract someone else LE suspected of knowing about what happened to Noah to come forward with the info and the parents got scared and told? $5000 buys a lot of drugs. JMO

I don't know where the tip $ comes from there, but I have heard of diff organizations that put up tip $. I thinking like Crimestoppers or maybe a Missing Kid foundation? I THINK there are stipulations on those tip lines, but again this is just my opinion. I have always been curious as to how many of the Tip Rewards are actually received by people.

Oh I know that - I'm from the south and unfortunately have attended way too many services. My point was that this is a couple that had their daughter taken away and a day after the services, they were both arrested for abuse and neglect of their children, one of whom was laying in the casket. Surely LE knew about the charges that were about to be brought the next day. I just found it odd for this particular scenario unless there was a purpose we don't know about. JMO

News report stated the baby was removed day after Noah reported missing. I will find link and edit it back here.

ETA: **sorry I misread your comment, I thought it said they just took the baby. Also its also possible they just got reports back to back up the abuse / neglect on the infant. Medical records and so forth.

Snip
Social Services took a six month old baby from the parents the day after he disappeared. http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/pul...d-after-noah-thomas-parents-arrested/32164630
The sheriff says this death investigation will continue.

A Juvenile and Domestic Relations judge in Wythe County is expected to preside over the arraignment at 1 p.m. White and Thomas are expected to appear through video conference in Wythe County.
White and Thomas each face two charges: one involving Noah and a second linked to an infant who also lived in the home. The infant was removed from the home by social services a day after Noah went missing.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/par...-friday-morning-through-video-uplink/32171790

I think some of the close family, are quite familiar with Ashley and Paul's lifestyle. Should they have done something? Yes! But I don't think they were in any better lifestyle.

I think it's possible to be a grieving cooperative parent who was criminally neglectful.

I'm interested to see what the "abuse" charges the father has been charged with - but I would agree that a mother who went to bed for 2.5 hours with a 5 year old in her car is guilty of neglect under the law. I suspect the "abuse" charges may result from drugs being in the home. I will be very surprised if there was physical or emotional abuse of either child, except for the obvious neglect and maybe an unfit/neglectfully unsafe home with illegal drug abuse.

Noah's mum was the one to put herself in the line of suspicion by claiming she was asleep for the 3 hour window in which he apparently disappeared. Her story puts her as the last person to see him alive - which immediately places that person as a suspect, even if they are innocent.

If Noah had died the night before and it had been nothing to do with her, would she really risk being the one who suspicion fell on? Unless she was scared of Noah's dad, and went along with what he said. Why not say the entire family had woken up that Sunday morning, and discovered Noah had gone?

The story they went with put dad in the clear, as he was apparently at work. Is that because he didn't want to get the blame for something she did?

Or were they trying to get seen on cctv to back up their story? (Although I don't know if there is any evidence to show the car travelling from their home to his work?) I find it hard to believe they had that 'clever' a plan (for want of a better word) as the disposal of Noah suggests either panic or sheer stupidity in relation to it being at home. They clearly didn't even try to stage it as an accident, as surely LE would have checked out the tank earlier if the lid had been made to look like a child had opened it. They had a car, so why put Noah where they did, which immediately pointed the finger at them.

I wonder if something happened much nearer to the morning than the night before, so time was limited if Dad had to get to work (to get an alibi).

they harmed their own little boy and disposed of him in that manner?? just when you think it can't get any worst.

I'm so sorry that Noah's life ended the way it did. It's so unfair that he never had a chance to grow up. He was so precious as all children are. In these cases we never know what the children are going through and what end will come to them.

I take comfort in knowing that when Noah took his last breath, he no longer remembered the bad and ugly. Now he only remembers good and happy times. No tears for him! How on earth do people do these things to their children? I can't imagine the fear and hurt that children in these situations feel when the people they love and trust most hurt them. Dear God in Heaven!!! So unbearable to think about.

Remember on the Monday - the day after Noah disappeared - it was reported that the parents were going to speak to the media, then it got "postponed". Wonder what happened to stop that, and keep them completely silent and away from the media, from that point on? I wonder how much did LE know/suspect at that point. Still confused as to why the septic tank wasn't emptied at that point though. Especially as that seems to be the day that the baby girl was taken from them as well. Lots of activity that Monday looking back now.

Yes, I was wondering about that Monday too. Something made them take the baby that day and put her in foster care. Not Noah's disappearance...that wouldn't warrant children being taken. I think they had (a) evidence of abuse/neglect right then and there, with the baby girl and/or (b) evidence of drug use and abuse, maybe the signs of w/d & detox. I think one or both of these would be enough to remove a child from parents. Then, LE just hung around and waited for them to bury themselves or turn on each other.

Noah's mum was the one to put herself in the line of suspicion by claiming she was asleep for the 3 hour window he apparently disappeared. Her story puts her as the last one to see him alive - which immediately places that person as a suspect, even if they are innocent.

If Noah had died the day before and it had been nothing to do with her, would she really risk being the one who suspicion fell on? Why not say the entire family had woken up that Sunday morning, and discovered Noah had gone?

The story they went with put dad in the clear, as he was apparently at work. Is that because he didn't want to get the blame for something she did? Or were they trying to get seen on cctv to back up their story? I find it hard to believe they had that 'clever' a plan (for want of a better word) as the disposal of Noah suggests either panic or sheer stupidity in relation to it being at home. They clearly didn't even try to stage it as an accident, as surely LE would have checked out the tank earlier if the lid had been made to look like a child had opened it. They had a car, so why put Noah where they did? I wonder if something happened much nearer to the morning than the night before, so time was limited if Dad had to get to work (to get an alibi).
With Dad at work that gave an alibi of sorts. I read a comment way back where someone asked if Dad had a DL, possible he didn't. I wonder if it was normal for her to take Dad to work. With Dad being charged with offense date the day missing wonder if he really did go to work? ( wk documentation) If charged Mom too, why diff date? Possible they had him under suspension from get go. The 2 dates puzzle me.

I think some of the close family, are quite familiar with Ashley and Paul's lifestyle. Should they have done something? Yes! But I don't think they were in any better lifestyle.

Exactly! I suspect that more than one person in know didn't do anything to help Noah & Baby A because they didn't want LE and/or CPS in their life anymore than Paul & Ashley wanted them in theirs. It really worries me that these two were considered "the best parents, hands down" by their friends and family.

I'm sorry you were offended. I know there are plenty of nice people in the area but where there is severe economic depression there is a lot more poverty which breeds every social problem there is. Meth and opiates are a huge problem all over Roanokes surrounding areas Bc of this. Just sayin'

I'm just saying it is not OK to say everybody in the county is on drugs, living on government checks, and eating their young. Read your original again, and consider whether you're happy about telling people who actually live here that you have written off their HOME as a place where this is "the norm."

And when I hear you and your cousin are teachers, telling this to young people in a professional capacity? That is really not "just saying." That's using a position where it's assumed you have authority and knowledge to suggest the White and Thomas story is somehow inevitable for people here.

Not OK. Really, really not OK.

I think I'm confused.

I thought it was still unknown how Noah got into the septic tank. Have they been charged with putting his deceased body in there?

With Dad at work that gave an alibi of sorts. I read a comment way back where someone asked if Dad had a DL, possible he didn't. I wonder if it was normal for her to take Dad to work. With Dad being charged with offense date the day missing wonder if he really did go to work? ( wk documentation) If charged Mom too, why diff date? Possible they had him under suspension from get go. The 2 dates puzzle me.

I made that comment and was aware of the previous charge at the time but couldn't say so. I really suck at knowing things that can't be discussed openly.

When was Dad notified at work that Noah was missing has that been shared?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member