GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM - I was reading late last night from my Nook and made a note to come back and respond to this. It hurt me to see some of the labels that were put on posters who simply felt differently, all the while, their own hearts breaking.

I have a question and I so hope someone knows what I'm referencing. I'm off work today for Good Friday and hoping I don't have to spend the day looking for the specific video in question lol. Someone posted a link regarding Noah's services and I could have sworn I heard a local reporter say that the parents had a couple of hours "alone with Noah at the church to grieve" before the services started. Does anyone remember hearing that?

yes, I read that also...............hope the place was bugged! Parents that did this alone with the child had to be LE idea. Usually the immediate family has an hour before public comes in.

That is not the first relative who has mentioned that they were great parents despite what neighbors have said, and obviously with the charges and arrests today.

Makes me wonder if LE needs to investigate their situations as well. If my brother was arrested b/c he killed his kid, I wouldn't say he was the "best parent hands down" b/c obviously my kids still being alive, I'd think I was a better parent than him.

Shows how easy it is to fool a lot of the people, a lot of the time.

Court is open on Good Friday?

A judge has to be available to do some arraignments even over weekends, holidays. Most states cannot hold you longer than 48 hours unless you see a judge.

Ashley White shows she is married and that White is her maiden name. Is there a place to check marriage records? Is VA a common law marriage state?
I read (you know how quick things were deleted on this case) that AW was married and PRT was never married. Confusing because they went together in high school. I am wondering if during a break up he married someone and then got back together with PRT and lived together and had 2 children??? The article was in a MSN and not on FB. Also on FB someone had said about older child in foster care of hers.........rumor......we will soon find out I am sure.

Do we know for a fact that baby A is in foster care or with an aunt???

Another thing that had me confused in this case is that LE kept emphasizing that the parents were cooperative.

LEO investigative tactic. I have a friend that is retired from AR State Police. I heard my friend talk just in passing, not on a case (never spoke of specific cases when employed, I respect the confidentiality as did my friend, we had other interests haha) But I had heard on news or maybe it was like 20/20 type show, about the Voice Stress or something like that where they can tell by voice when people are lying. My friend said, yes that they do use this type of technique. I don't know if they can use that in court (like a polygraph) but I would think it would be a great tool in their investigation.

But that doesn't really explain why Ashley's status is 'married' - if she's part of that common-law relationship then hers should be like his, showing 'not married/single'?

Virginia does not recognize common law marriage.

Sent from my KFJWA using Tapatalk

I know they say that hindsight is 20/20, but since this case started, it's seemed obvious that those in little Noah's community "knew" something was amiss in his home............the posts stating little Noah seemed to take more quickly to men than women, his Mom not being a friendly neighbor, the parents being known to "keep to themselves", etc. And from reading the many comments online (comments to news articles, on the Missing FB page), it seems it was no 'secret' that little Noah didn't have a great home life, members of the community believing his parents were into drugs, the rumors about them giving him heroin, ............I guess what I'm saying is........it kind of frustrates me that it seems fair to say that those around him knew that things weren't good in his home life, so did anyone ever call LE to report suspicions or concerns? It's always so sad and frustrating to me when a sweet little child dies directly/indirectly due to abuse and then everyone comes out of the woodwork to claim they saw 'signs' that something was amiss, the rumors about the parents come up, etc. It makes me want to scream "why did it take the death of this child for you to NOW come forward and share your concerns/suspicions?!!!

Even if you call CPS, the chances of something being done to help the child quickly and long term are not great.

A judge has to be available to do some arraignments even over weekends, holidays. Most states cannot hold you longer than 48 hours unless you see a judge.

Seems like to have no bond would have pretty compelling evidence doesn't it.

Good Friday is not really a holiday, Imo.

Hi clu, in Canada everything is closed. I see that they would need to be seen before a judge though and can't be held without going through that process. Makes sense.

Parents have probably lawyered up by now..............let's see if some high profile guy comes in for free just for the advertising he will get..............

I never have used drugs thank god, but have seen others who are users (mug shots) news articles and occasionally suspected someone to be one based on appearances I have seen once in a blue moon. Meth usually leaves really bad marks on the skin it's hard to explain think a face full of acne but different darker texture of spots blemishes from what I have seen. I am not sure if it makes you skinny. But Noah's parents certainly were not fat.

It is from picking. Your skin feels itchy and dry and you rub or pick at it, leaving those little open areas that often resemble acne.

Its been bugging me that MSM keeps posting that old mugshot of the dad. Show his current one. It is much more telling.

There was something about them possibly taking a lie-detector test that was not exactly confirmed by LE at the time. I will try to find the link.

But that doesn't really explain why Ashley's status is 'married' - if she's part of that common-law relationship then hers should be like his, showing 'not married/single'?

That's why I was wondering if someone there local knew if you can look up court records. In AR we also have a Pulaski Cty lol, that's what thru me off at first on this case. But most all of our courts are connected (within the past few yrs) and can look up various court cases. But in OUR Pulaski Cty, you can access PC marriage records. Very possible that she did marry and then split up and get back with PRT. Happens a lot. At first when I was looking at the intake, lol I was thinking that was her alias, but its saying that White is her maiden name. Doesn't reflect what her married name is. Some people don't take the husbands name (as in the case I have been following Beverly Carter murder. The suspects *Arron Lewis and wife Crystal Lowery,were married last April yet she doesn't go by his last name but they are married) So that could be the case here, she just doesn't go by his name.

I wonder if others knew where Noah actually was? JMO

There was something about them possibly taking a lie-detector test that was not exactly confirmed by LE at the time. I will try to find the link.

Remember on the Monday - the day after Noah disappeared - it was reported that the parents were going to speak to the media, then it got "postponed". Wonder what happened to stop that, and keep them completely silent and away from the media, from that point on? I wonder how much did LE know/suspect at that point. Still confused as to why the septic tank wasn't emptied at that point though. Especially as that seems to be the day that the baby girl was taken from them as well. Lots of activity that Monday looking back now.

Did they ever bring in cadaver dogs, since it was referenced more as a recovery after a certain length of time?

The family has been subject to public questions since no member has made any public statement since the investigation has begun. Davis would not comment on if a polygraph test had been administered to Noah's parents, but he said that the family has “sought legal advice." He said a lawyer was not present during questioning of the parents.
“This family is very, very cooperative. And their call not to face the media, to me, is understandable,” Davis said, adding that they’ve been “extremely distraught” throughout the whole process.

http://www.richmond.com/news/virginia/article_9748fee0-d3ef-11e4-abf4-577cf6908e85.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member