GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
About the septic tank...what I don't understand is, the average American home uses 400 gallons of water per day (source: http://www.epa.gov/WaterSense/pubs/indoor.html). So is there a drain in the tank that keeps the solid stuff in but the liquid goes back into the ground? Wouldn't that contaminate the ground and groundwater with all kinds of bacteria?

Yes and no. There is water in the tank, too, and many use enzyme supplements to aid the break down in the tank. After the water leaves the tank, it goes down to the drain field (also referred to as septic field) where there are pipes (often referred to as fingers) that have holes in them. They release the water slowly in to the soil. The soil acts as a filter for the remaining bacteria to be filtered out.

This is why people are instructed to never plant edibles near the septic mound or over the drain field.

However, now that housing developments are more common, more houses being built more closely together, officials are finding that the traditional septic design does not work effectively with increased population density.

I used to live in a rural beach town in NC. We had septic (and the house was only built in 2006). By 2012, the county had mandated that everyone would have to tie in to a planned municiple sewer system b/c the ground water table was not accommodating the increase in septic systems and it was contaminating the nearby waterways (which were certified clean waterways).

Just assuming here but I would say LE brought him home or a co-worker was allowed to leave and drive him home under the circumstances. No big mystery, IMO.

This is my inclination, too. I can see where people might wonder how PT was notified and got home so quickly (or did he know she was going to be making the call?) but I think it is pretty reasonable to guess that in addition to looking for Noah and contacting the landlord, she called her husband and told him to come home right away. Wish I could recall upthread who took the time to map it up but it has been posted that his work was 5 miles, an estimated 8 minutes, away. (That also fits with the "15 minutes" it took for her to drop him off in the morning- round trip). I would guess a buddy at work drove him home.

I think that or either volunteer firefighters. When my grandma was alive I had to call 911 a couple of times and each time one of the volunteers showed up first. They usually have scanners in their home and cars. Especially since it said they were afraid the landlord was ill.

I can see this 100%. (BBM)

Regarding the latest report from the reporter Salinas.....I didn't find his report to be disconnected. IMO I think those first 15 minutes of LE arriving there, possibly volunteers arriving there, people running around, that any one would be hard pressed to put what was going on in a tight streamlined fashion. I'm just thankful that at least one reporter is poking around, asking questions, and keeping everyone's feet to the fire.

Regarding the latest report from the reporter Salinas.....I didn't find his report to be disconnected. IMO I think those first 15 minutes of LE arriving there, possibly volunteers arriving there, people running around, that any one would be hard pressed to put what was going on in a tight streamlined fashion. I'm just thankful that at least one reporter is poking around, asking questions, and keeping everyone's feet to the fire.

I'm glad that he's making the effort but I really want to grab a red pen and edit that post. Im restraining myself because marking all over my phone seems a bit silly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm glad that he's making the effort but I really want to grab a red pen and edit that post. Im restraining myself because marking all over my phone seems a bit silly.

Good news, Courtney has agreed to send me her phone so I can edit the post after all. Let's cross our fingers that we get a follow up post with more clarification in the meantime.

On the Finding Noah FB, the landlords daughter states on March 24th @ 10:59pm that Noah's mom first called him (landlord) when she realized Noah was missing. He was with her when she called the police. "Because of him & many friends that are officers (even sheriff) had many cops including dogs, searching within an hour.

*I took a screen shot*

Wait, what? That makes no sense. That date is 2 days and 12 hours after the 911 call. So the landlord who lives right there, didnt even notice the police on his property for 2 days? Something is wrong there. And i dont think its the landlord.

ETA: Diregard. My reading comprehension stinks tonight. Now i understand that she posted it on that date and time.

I'm late in this conversation, but delurking to say please save me a seat at the weirdo table. When I saw the suggestion on the HFN Facebook page, that Noah's grave should be made into a sandbox for the children to play in because that would make them feel better--I had to pick my jaw off the floor. I'm sure everyone has good intentions for all of these things, but that suggestion is beyond comprehension.

Sorry but these people are well beyond disturbed. It still infuriates me and disgusts me that the Cover Photo for the Help Find Missing Noah Thomas page is a photo of several adults, almost all of them smiling, standing there having their pic taken at the foot of this sweet little boy's grave. Sickening and a total lack of respect to him, IMO.

I'm late in this conversation, but delurking to say please save me a seat at the weirdo table. When I saw the suggestion on the HFN Facebook page, that Noah's grave should be made into a sandbox for the children to play in because that would make them feel better--I had to pick my jaw off the floor. I'm sure everyone has good intentions for all of these things, but that suggestion is beyond comprehension.

Sorry but these people are well beyond disturbed. It still infuriates me and disgusts me that the Cover Photo for the Help Find Missing Noah Thomas page is a photo of several adults, almost all of them smiling, standing there having their pic taken at the foot of this sweet little boy's grave. Sickening and a total lack of respect to him, IMO.

Not only that, one of the members that posts on both pages and has taken a lot of the pics, has set up a PO Box to send stuff to take to the grave! Another Admin thinks people should include $$ to help cover gas!!! :gaah: AND if you look at the other graves in the Cemetery, they keep the graves clear for mowing purposes. Its that way here also in most cemetery's. Most have signs stating what can and cant be left, and the winter / holiday months they are more lax on it. This is beyond crazy lol. Seems gets crazier with ea case.

First, glad that you came out of lurkdom and I hope you will continue posting with us.
Second, please tell me that you're a troll and aren't serious. Please? Good grief, in what universe would that be appropriate? How do they go from "let's honor him by littering his grave with trinkets and post pictures for FB likes" to "let's completely disrespect him by turning his grave into a litter box for toddlers and stray cats"?

First, glad that you came out of lurkdom and I hope you will continue posting with us.
Second, please tell me that you're a troll and aren't serious. Please? Good grief, in what universe would that be appropriate? How do they go from "let's honor him by littering his grave with trinkets and post pictures for FB likes" to "let's completely disrespect him by turning his grave into a litter box for toddlers and stray cats"?

No, vasportsmom, it was a serious suggestion to build a sandbox at the gravesite. I saw that comment with my own eyes.

No, vasportsmom, it was a serious suggestion to build a sandbox at the gravesite. I saw that comment with my own eyes.

What is wrong with people? Who decides to turn any grave into a sandbox but the grave of an unrelated child?! Really? Perspective and boundaries are clearly in short supply.

Say what?
Who is wanting to do this? What an odd thing to do.
Poor little Noah, he needs to be able to rest in peace. All theses gawkers are becoming more and more bizarre.
I don't like seeing all the photos on Facebook of adults and children posing and smiling at Noah's gravesite, it's turning into an attraction.
I wonder where Noah's family are? Aunts, uncles and grandparents. If I were family I wouldn't be happy with all the pictures on Facebook,and the never ending visitors.
I understand people wanting to pay their respects, but it's now going to far in my opinion.

Say what?
Who is wanting to do this? What an odd thing to do.
Poor little Noah, he needs to be able to rest in peace. All theses gawkers are becoming more and more bizarre.
I don't like seeing all the photos on Facebook of adults and children posing and smiling at Noah's gravesite, it's turning into an attraction.
I wonder where Noah's family are? Aunts, uncles and grandparents. If I were family I wouldn't be happy with all the pictures on Facebook,and the never ending visitors.
I understand people wanting to pay their respects, but it's now going to far in my opinion.

I can't find the suggestion, but it was posted on the original page last week sometime. As far as where his family is, I imagine they are keeping a pretty low profile. If they are visiting his grave, they have not shared it on SM. IMO, not sharing is the appropriate thing for them to do.

I need a seat at the weirdo table too.

Who turns any grave in to a sandbox? That's INSANE And gross and just YUCK! These people also do not have "ownership" of that sacred space. I know they may feel like they do but the parents A) haven't been convicted yet (and this is America) and B) where were you the week before he was murdered or at the very least grossly unattended? Ack !

What is wrong with people? Who decides to turn any grave into a sandbox but the grave of an unrelated child?! Really? Perspective and boundaries are clearly in short supply.

Oh, that is the worst idea ever...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads