GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said it was nefarious. The only single word I used differently from his direct quote was "frenzy" vs "hectic". I don't interpret your post as supporting the parents, but I am not sure what you interpret in mine as suggesting anything that Sheriff Davis has said or done as "nefarious" or less than objective. In fact, I am a pretty vocal supporter of LE in general and more specifically what I have seen from Sheriff Davis in this investigation. My point was that a number of us had questioned why there were so many changes to the Sunday morning timeline. In re-reading the article, it stuck out to me this time (in hind sight) that there was more going on than met the eye at the time.

I am sorry if my post seemed directed at you. It was more of a generalization that I think the timeline really could have been confusing because of the chaos and my point in supporting the parents wasn't a reference to you at all! Just a general statement :)

First, my apologies for this crazy unconnected multi-quote response. It is Spring Break here, so my littles are home and I can't find my eyeglasses so reading the laptop is a little tedious right now (and yet....here I am!) So, apologies for my poor form here!

If negligence led to his death, I could see no murder charges, but maybe a lesser offense. However, if the abuse is what led to his death, wouldn't that be clear cut murder? Since "neglect and abuse" was used in the same sentence, do we know which is being referred to that "led to Noah's death?" Any insight or opinions appreciated.

I don't think we will know until the final autopsy report is complete. I think that there is a lot of confusion about the difference between neglect and abuse, as well as some misunderstandings about all that "abuse" can include. I don't think anything can be deemed "clear cut" until all of the reports are in. And I don't think Davis and Fleenor would take any chances charging them on something now. There are a lot of possibilities for murder charges that could come out of the final autopsy - things that would not be able to be proven without it.

Well that was a bust lol. The lady at 540-643-2000 from the jail, said she had actually never looked at the page and wasn't sure what the field/tab label GRADE means. She stated she did know there were 2 diff levels of felony charges A & B. But didn't know what "A" and "F" ment in those fields on the inmate page. :(

I absolutely love that you called there. I was planning on doing it later this week (did not want to call and have that discussion in front of my kids!) Seriously - you rock.

I think there are a lot of admin errors in this case. The charge date, basic logistics like marital stats, etc. That drives me crazy. It seems LE was so particular in the beginning, what happened? haha

This. A million times agree! We all make mistakes but I would assume that administrative and clerical errors in booking info would be minimal, given the nature of the information. Especially in a high profile case like this. You can add having PT's old pic up as his new pic for a while, too (which led to many comments about how young he looked!)

If negligence led to his death, I think that would qualify for at least manslaughter. Since manslaughter is when the perpetrator takes a high risk that ultimately leads to the death of another. Maybe one of our legal eagles could weigh in too. Like Gitana.

Ultimately, I think they are waiting on complete autopsy (perhaps to get several expert opinions), tox screen, etc before determining full responsibility.
Agreed. I have to look at the Virginia law because it could be voluntary vs involuntary manslaughter, too. We have a case in Virginia now of a guy who was driving recklessly, on a suspended license, with a laundry list of prior driving offenses, who caused an accident which took the life of a 6 year old girl. He is being charged with involuntary manslaughter. A lot of people are up in arms about it.

There were some comments asking for links since people were discussing the role of Noah's parents in his death. The implication to me was that since they weren't charged with murder, people were out of line to blame the parents. So I was providing this article which had quotes from the arrest warrant clearly stating LE blames Noah's parents for his death, although specifics are not yet known and the charges currently only reflect what they can prove as of this time.

Gotcha. That makes sense to me! Sorry, sometimes I need things spelled out for me. Speak slowly. You may have to repeat yourself a few times. ;)

Imo, the most interesting part of their charges are the abuse charges for Noah and mom's being a higher felony degree.

With his sister being alive they could visually see if she had been abused by her parents. Or they could have had her checked out by a doctor. Something valid sure made them remove her the day after Noah went missing.

So did the ME find abuse injuries on Noah at the time of autopsy and that is why they were both charged with abuse concerning Noah? That is what intrigues me. What forensic evidence did they find that supports the abuse charges for Noah since abuse is far different than neglect?

I guess I don't find the difference between their charges that surprising. There must be something to what happened that indicated to LE and the CA that AW was more responsible for Noah's death than PT was. Just an example of a possible scenario - perhaps something happened when PT was at work. She could be charged with a greater responsibility as Noah was in her care at the time but if he knew or should have known that it was unsafe to leave the kids with AW, he would also be responsible but b/c it was not at his hand, responsible to a lesser degree.

Also, "abuse" may not specifically mean physical abuse with visible injuries, etc. There are other things that can lead to an abuse charge.

I'll agree the Pokeman tin is baffling. My kids have so many toys, I'd never notice if one went missing, and it'd take a long time for my kids to realize it, too. Even toys that they love and are favorites can be missing for months before they notice. "Black" was put in a desk drawer due to an unfortunate broken leg. Months later we searched and searched for beloved "Black" before we located him. Just last weekend we were looking through a photo album when my DD asked where the dog in the picture was at, we left it at MILs 2 years ago. She just realized she'd lost it. These are favorite toys, ones that have been treasured for years.

If one of my kids went missing and we were asked if they had any toys with them, I'd honestly never know. It's much harder to figure out what is missing, unless you watch your child leave with it. My son this morning took 3 dinosaurs to school with him, so I know when I pick him up to make sure he has 3 and honestly I only remember 2 of the specific ones. But if I was going through his dino bin and had to figure out if any were missing, I'd honestly never know.

If the play cards and tin went missing...maybe he carried them all the time and it was thought he may have dropped some where he last went. But if he was placed into the tank by his parents, I have no idea why the cards would be mentioned. Wonder if they were ever found.

I wonder how much of the search warrants and such as are still sealed. I am gonna run to Joann's tomorrow and I'll only be a short distance away from the courthouse. Think it is worth giving it a shot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder how much of the search warrants and such as are still sealed. I am gonna run to Joann's tomorrow and I'll only be a short distance away from the courthouse. Think it is worth giving it a shot?

I would bet they are still sealed and will remained until if/when it goes trial . But I admire your initiative!

Wouldn't hurt to try right? I expect them to stay sealed for now, but defiantly worth a shot.
Good on you for considering it.

Wouldn't hurt to try right? I expect them to stay sealed for now, but defiantly worth a shot.
Good on you for considering it.

I'm gonna give it a shot. At worst I will driving 15 minutes out of my way. I can take flowers to the grave while I'm there.

What a lovely thought. Bless you for thinking of little Noah.
I would love to see more info on this case released, it's driving me mad!

The info at this link is not related to Noah's case but it is a quick and interesting read. This person left a child home alone and was charged with the same offense that PT has been charged with and the one count that AW has been charged with (presumably for Baby A). Not saying that is the basis for AW & PT's charges but it would make sense in the context of the Sunday morning timeline.

http://www.lawguru.com/legal-questi...n/yesterday-left-year-house-asleep-144326711/

I think I remember reading that all of that will be sealed indefinitely, while the investigation is active.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were sealed until trial.

The info at this link is not related to Noah's case but it is a quick and interesting read. This person left a child home alone and was charged with the same offense that PT has been charged with and the one count that AW has been charged with (presumably for Baby A). Not saying that is the basis for AW & PT's charges but it would make sense in the context of the Sunday morning timeline.

http://www.lawguru.com/legal-questi...n/yesterday-left-year-house-asleep-144326711/

Interesting link, yes that could fit with the Sunday morning story.
I wonder what happened to the woman in the link? She shouldn't have left her three yr old alone in the house while she went off on the car. I don't care if she thought she would only be 20mins!
Anything could have happened, a house fire, or the child could of became sick.
It's madness to think that people do leave their little ones home alone!

If the play cards and tin went missing...maybe he carried them all the time and it was thought he may have dropped some where he last went. But if he was placed into the tank by his parents, I have no idea why the cards would be mentioned. Wonder if they were ever found.
I have no idea if they were found. But your post made me think of a post from someone else, very early on, that said they felt like it was done intentionally. That they thought he was buried with his favorite tin of pokeman and his boots and raincoat because those were his favorite treasured items. As if it was a burial done out of love (in all his favorite stuff). I'm very poorly paraphrasing the post and I apologize but the gist was since it was to be his final resting spot it would be with his fav's.

That would potentially make sense to me if it wasn't in a septic tank full of feces.

I don't find it strange, simply because I have a 5 year old. The favorite color the past two weeks has been green. Before that it was very fervently...blue.

As do I. I just thought it was interesting, since it was made a big deal out of by a couple different people.

I'm wondering if the pokeman tin/cards were part of the story because they had just purchased them the night before when the family was out shopping? It would make sense that NT was happy with his purchase and would take them out with him. Also would make sense that if it was perhaps something that was special to NT, the perps could have thrown them in the tank with poor Noah to look natural, like he had them with him when he fell in.. blah

I'll agree the Pokeman tin is baffling. My kids have so many toys, I'd never notice if one went missing, and it'd take a long time for my kids to realize it, too. Even toys that they love and are favorites can be missing for months before they notice. "Black" was put in a desk drawer due to an unfortunate broken leg. Months later we searched and searched for beloved "Black" before we located him. Just last weekend we were looking through a photo album when my DD asked where the dog in the picture was at, we left it at MILs 2 years ago. She just realized she'd lost it. These are favorite toys, ones that have been treasured for years.

If one of my kids went missing and we were asked if they had any toys with them, I'd honestly never know. It's much harder to figure out what is missing, unless you watch your child leave with it. My son this morning took 3 dinosaurs to school with him, so I know when I pick him up to make sure he has 3 and honestly I only remember 2 of the specific ones. But if I was going through his dino bin and had to figure out if any were missing, I'd honestly never know.

Interesting link, yes that could fit with the Sunday morning story.
I wonder what happened to the woman in the link? She shouldn't have left her three yr old alone in the house while she went off on the car. I don't care if she thought she would only be 20mins!
Anything could have happened, a house fire, or the child could of became sick.
It's madness to think that people do leave their little ones home alone!

Right???? Such a ridiculous idea that 20 minutes is ok. In any case, I think that story was from a babysitter, not a parent as she never referred to the 3 year old as her child. I would have had a field day if I found a sitter had done that. All for her cell phone.

I'm wondering if the pokeman tin/cards were part of the story because they had just purchased them the night before when the family was out shopping? It would make sense that NT was happy with his purchase and would take them out with him. Also would make sense that if it was perhaps something that was special to NT, the perps could have thrown them in the tank with poor Noah to look natural, like he had them with him when he fell in.. blah

When we, mistakenly, believed that the family had been caught on video that morning I wondered if they had been purchased then. If they existed (vs being a clerical error) then I lean towards them being purchased the night before. If that's the case it adds weight, in my mind, to Noah's death being accidental or spur of the moment. Those tins run $20-$25 at Walmart here (same geographical area).

When we, mistakenly, believed that the family had been caught on video that morning I wondered if they had been purchased then. If they existed (vs being a clerical error) then I lean towards them being purchased the night before. If that's the case it adds weight, in my mind, to Noah's death being accidental or spur of the moment. Those tins run $20-$25 at Walmart here (same geographical area).

I may be jaded from other cases, but my first thought on the pokeman cards was that the parents were going to sell or get rid of them and noticed them missing. In another case I'm following the parents got rid of the baby stuff w/in a few days of him "going missing". In that case dad has been arrested for murder. Again I'm probably just jaded.

I was wondering if he possibly had his Pokémon cards with him on the couch/floor wherever, the last time Ashley saw him. She gets up and they aren't there. Door is open... maybe she just thought since he was gone and they were also, that he took them with him. Honestly I would think that unless I found them later. Which possibly they were located later and why we never heard anything else about them. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member