GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for sharing. [emoji27]

For what it's worth, I think it was accidental as well. I hope so very much.

BBM means "bolded by me". I may have missed it, but I didn't see anyone answer it. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. And then the horrible attempt to cover up...

I want to believe his death was accidental,too. But putting their own child in a septic tank is despicable,IMO.

Are there situations where Child Protective Services, social workers, law enforcement officers, etc., would know a baby was born addicted but allow her to stay with the parents anyway? I'm thinking about the sheriff's statement that his office was quite familiar with the family...plus all the FB rumors that are turning out to have some truth (which kills me, as ugly as some of those people acted). If the mom was addicted to heroin or a prescription drug and so many people knew, why were the kids still under her care?

BBM

I've been wondering the same thing. There was some discussion here earlier on, about why the sheriff's office would know Noah well. If the baby was born addicted and Fleenor said she was, is it usual for the system to leave the child in the home? I keep thinking if they had removed the baby and Noah then, Noah would still be alive and the little girl would have been on her way to a healthy and safe life...

I lean on that opinion as well. It would have been horribly neglectful and sad for it to simply be an accident, though. But placing his body in the septic tank to cover it up takes it to another level and is just evil. I assume they were scrambling, maybe had CPS issues going on already, knew this would get them into a lot of trouble, etc. But a septic tank?

Its awful.... I think his death was accidental. I think he was purposely placed in the tank though.

I'm pretty sure these parents hadn't thought of anyone else but themselves in a LOOOONNNGGG time.

This is criminal negligence, it's no accident when children get into drugs and over dose it's negligence on the person whom is watching the child, a parent that gives their child drugs it's no accident it is an intentional act, at the least manslaughter

Dear god a person that puts a child in a septic tank, that in itself is an indignity to a deceased person

This is criminal negligence, it's no accident when children get into drugs and over dose it's negligence on the person whom is watching the child, a parent that gives their child drugs it's no accident it is an intentional act, at the least manslaughter

Dear god a person that puts a child in a septic tank, that in itself is an indignity to a deceased person

I think you misunderstand me... You are absolutely right... I mean, I don't think they intentionally killed Noah. I don't think they meant for him to die. Do I think that to make it easier on them?

No, I want to think that in order to make Noah's life easier. I want to believe that he had some belief that his parents loved him and happy times.

Its awful.... I think his death was accidental. I think he was purposely placed in the tank though.

I'm pretty sure these parents hadn't thought of anyone else but themselves in a LOOOONNNGGG time.

^ That!! Completely agree.

I'm sure they loved Noah in their own unhealthy way, I just can't give them any empathy, and it's because of the septic tank, placing Noah in the septic tank, I don't know how they could do that

I'm sure they loved Noah in their own unhealthy way, I just can't give them any empathy, and it's because of the septic tank, placing Noah in the septic tank, I don't know how they could do that

I agree. Zero empathy for them, at this point.

I agree. Zero empathy for them, at this point.

I agree. How anyone could put their own child or any child in a septic tank is just horrendous. I hope whoever did it serves a lot of years in prison.

I asked someone at the local hospital here about drug testing expectant mothers. She said when a mother comes in to deliver there, they are tested. If it's positive, it's reported to CPS and they take over the case. When the baby is born, it is then tested. She said that sometimes the baby is not allowed to go home with the mother, but sometimes they are, depending on the investigation by the case worker. The person I spoke with doesn't work in that department, but is a RN at that hospital and is familiar with the procedure.

I asked someone at the local hospital here about drug testing expectant mothers. She said when a mother comes in to deliver there, they are tested. If it's positive, it's reported to CPS and they take over the case. When the baby is born, it is then tested. She said that sometimes the baby is not allowed to go home with the mother, but sometimes they are, depending on the investigation by the case worker. The person I spoke with doesn't work in that department, but is a RN at that hospital and is familiar with the procedure.

In Louisiana, babies and expectant mothers are only tested if there is an admission or suspicion of drug use. If positive, it is reported to CPS and each case is handled on a case to case basis. Some babies will be able to go home with the mother if a safety plan is in place.

In Louisiana, babies and expectant mothers are only tested if there is an admission or suspicion of drug use. If positive, it is reported to CPS and each case is handled on a case to case basis. Some babies will be able to go home with the mother if a safety plan is in place.

At this hospital, she said all mothers are tested. If it's positive the actions are taken. I wonder if expectant mothers are tested on their initial prenatal care visit. If not, they should be, I would think. If it's positive, they should be tested at each reoccurring visit. If she continues to test positive, a plan could begin for the birth of an addicted baby. These babies should not be allowed to go home with the mother. IMO

All babies are tested for drugs upon birth. Can anyone find out what hospital she gave birth at? If it is a Carilion hospital 100% baby was tested. They notify DSS and DSS should have taken custody of both children at that point. In Roanoke County, a neighboring county, these children are given safety plans. But there have been instances where babies are testing positive but still going home. Some say due to space issues. I'm not sure. There was an incident in Roanoke of a mother using drugs and her baby drown in the bathtub at nine months old. I don't believe born addicted though. Mother had fentanyl patches in her mouth at time of incident. DSS already had a safety plan in place for her children. She has five kids and is 25y/o. Drugs are horrible here. Horrible.

Is drug testing on babies mandatory in Pulaski county or the State of Virginia? I have never heard of that in MN. I know that a friend of mine was in rehab with a doctor that ended up being her doctor 2 years later when she had a baby and they made the nurses keep the baby diaper to do a drug test on its meconium and I remember it being a big privacy breach as my friend had 2 year clean at that time. Anyways, different situation but that is literally the only mother I know whose baby was tested. In fact, I had a home birth so I know my kids weren't :)

I am just so sad for baby A. Besides the physical implications of her mother's drug use now we know she will likely never get to have her real mother. I am hoping she will be raised by a loving and warm family who will spoil her with hugs and kisses and even though no one can ever replace her real mother, she will be able to have a safe home.

I wonder if Noah may have been born with drugs in his system, or has this kind of drug use only been the last few years

Baby girl being tested positive only adds more questions

"The Guttmacher Institute reported that 4 states (Iowa, Kentucky, Minnesota, and North Dakota) require health care professionals to test for prenatal drug exposure when prenatal drug abuse is suspected, and 14 states (Alaska, Arizona, Illinois, Iowa, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, Utah, and Virginia) require reporting women to child protective services (CPS) for prenatal substance use. However, a recent federal law (No: 108-36) attempts to create a uniform state response to prenatal substance abuse. "

Interesting stuff at this link: http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/978763-differential

Is drug testing on babies mandatory in Pulaski county or the State of Virginia? I have never heard of that in MN.

I have not looked in to it thoroughly but mamame gives us a good starting point.

Edited to add: This one is interesting, too... http://patch.com/new-hampshire/nashua/bp--state-responses-to-substance-abuse-among-pregnant-women

"In Iowa, Minnesota and Virginia, health care professionals are required to test some or all pregnant women or newborns for prenatal drug exposure. "

An easier to read version....the original. http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/tgr/03/6/gr030603.pdf

Is drug testing on babies mandatory in Pulaski county or the State of Virginia? I have never heard of that in MN. I know that a friend of mine was in rehab with a doctor that ended up being her doctor 2 years later when she had a baby and they made the nurses keep the baby diaper to do a drug test on its meconium and I remember it being a big privacy breach as my friend had 2 year clean at that time. Anyways, different situation but that is literally the only mother I know whose baby was tested. In fact, I had a home birth so I know my kids weren't :)

This is a pretty interesting read. I'm not sure how long this has been in affect. The article has December 2000 on it. My children were all born before 2000, so weren't drug tested in Virginia.

In Iowa, Minnesota and Virginia, health care professionals are required to test some or all pregnant women or newborns for prenatal drug exposure.

https://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/tgr/03/6/gr030603.html

Wow, what is it with us ANonyMs? We seem to post the same things at the same time. : )

I was off researching, made the post, then went back and saw you had already posted it! Lol

Wow, what is it with us ANonyMs? We seem to post the same things at the same time. : )

I was off researching, made the post, then went back and saw you had already posted it! Lol

Great minds think alike?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member