GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The last case I read about involving the baby supposedly ingested the adults drugs and he overdosed - turns out he died of blunt force head trauma. I have a feeling this one will be along those lines also. RIP sweet angel.

I want to know the cause of death but am so afraid it will be worse than any of us expected. In fact, I am dreading hearing it.

Catching up.
Got a call from Vinelink today and it said that Ashley White was released from jail by court order.
CORRECTION!!!! I GUESS I CHOSE BOTH ASHLEY WHITE AT TIME SIGNED UP, BUT THIS IS NOAH MOTHER, SHE STILL INCARCERATED

Offender Name: ASHLEY JENNIFER WHITE
Offender ID:1544098Date of Birth:04/27/1984Age: 31 Race: White Gender: Female
Custody Status: In Custody Location of Offender:New River Valley Regional Jail
Booking Date:04/02/2015

Offender Name: PAUL RAYMOND THOMAS
Offender ID:109596Date of Birth:01/04/1983Age: 32 Race: White Gender: Male
Custody Status: In Custody Location of Offender:New River Valley Regional Jail
Booking Date:04/02/2015

Good, they both deserve to stay in jail. I do not know why we have not had an update by now.

Chris Hurst ‏@chrishurstwdbj [video=twitter;608701810270982145]https://twitter.com/chrishurstwdbj/status/608701810270982145[/video]
Sorry, felony murder, not 1st degree. Sheriff Jim Davis says it happened accentendally during commission of another felony. #NoahThomas

I know why they are using the word "accidental" but, IMO, when they put that baby in the septic tank after the "accident", it ceases to be an "accident" to me. I consider an accident something that happens that you immediately try to get help for, not to cover up, and in such a heinous, horrifying way.

Good. I'm glad she's charged. I hope they charge PT too, and anyone else who helped.

Chris Hurst ‏@chrishurstwdbj [video=twitter;608701810270982145]https://twitter.com/chrishurstwdbj/status/608701810270982145[/video]
Sorry, felony murder, not 1st degree. Sheriff Jim Davis says it happened accentendally during commission of another felony. #NoahThomas

omg thank you my friend for the news :tears:

noah justice is on the way baby :rose:

attachment.php

what is the other felony and has she been charged with that yet?

Omg! I missed this until just now!

It's about time! Justice for little Noah truly is coming! And I agree Courtney, I hope anyone involved in his horrific death and disposal are charged to the max.

I know why they are using the word "accidental" but, IMO, when they put that baby in the septic tank after the "accident", it ceases to be an "accident" to me. I consider an accident something that happens that you immediately try to get help for, not to cover up, and in such a heinous, horrifying way.

Good. I'm glad she's charged. I hope they charge PT too, and anyone else who helped.
Totally agree!!!

Agreed - but I think legally, as far as the charges go, the "accident" applies to whatever she did that caused his death. That portion of it ends upon his death. What she did afterwards, the manner in which she disposed of him, and her failure to notify LE, etc could be another set of charges (concealment of a body, obstruction of justice, etc). I would guess they will hold on to those possibilities - keep them in their back pocket - in case she tries to plea down or if the defense ends up successfully getting crucial evidence tossed, etc.

I am optimistically interpreting LE/CA silence and the length of time this has taken as a sign that they are being brutally methodical to ensure maximum prosecution.

i think she overdosed him :( or should i say he was overdosed by neglect......that would be a felony

what is the other felony and has she been charged with that yet?

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/new...ah-thomas-charged-with-felony-murder/33507002

Here’s the news release from the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Office:

Today, Ashley Jennifer White, age 31 was charged with Felony Murder of her child Noah Thomas. Under Virginia law this charge is defined as the accidental killing, contrary to the intention of the parties, while in the commission of some other felonious act. That other felonious act listed is the abuse and/ or neglect of her child. We anticipate that the preliminary hearing for this new charge will be scheduled on the same day as the pending abuse and neglect charge- August 12 and will be heard in the Pulaski County Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court.

So, what exactly would felony murder mean? Sheriff says accidental in commission of another felony?

he died during the commission of another felony......like felony child abuse for example

So, what exactly would felony murder mean? Sheriff says accidental in commission of another felony?

he died during the commission of another felony......like felony child abuse for example

Ok, so these are just EXAMPLES of what it could be to give you some frame of reference, AnnaGrace...

If she administered drugs to him to get him to sleep and overdosed him...she was committing one felony (dosing him but not with the intent to kill him) and the felony murder occurred because he did end up dying.

Or...completely just for illustration...say a person is committing one felony crime...breaking and entering. And they have a kid with them at the time. And the kid falls off a roof and dies. It was an accident that the kid fell off the roof but it happened b/c the parent was committing another felony crime at the time.

In this case, it could be any one of the items listed in the felony child abuse/neglect charge. We don't know which thing yet but it is one (or more) of those listed in the charge.

I would think it's logical to deduce that whatever drug(s) Baby A was still addicted to at the time of her removal from the home would be the same drug that Noah overdosed on. IF the "accident" was an unintentional drug overdose. A true "accident" would be if a child, of his own accord, got into drugs in the home. Since we know Baby A didn't give herself the drugs she was addicted to, it is my opinion that she was administering the same drug to both.

I think that if the abuse pertained to Noah being physically abused, they would have tried to make a first degree murder charge stick instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if they have that tox screen back and there were drugs in his system, you know she is claiming he took them on his own, she sure as hell is not going to say she gave them to him......she was his caretaker......that alone is felony child neglect, right? rein me in if i'm off base, i'm not familiar w/VA law......

eta......i think she GAVE them to him but i think she thinks this is her way out and it's not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avah