GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i have not read this case from the beginning but from synopsis, are they saying she drugged her kids, or that he got into her stash and she hid his body in the septic system?

i just dont understand any of this. i look at my kid's face and he completely trusts me. i cant imagine hurting him. hell, i feel guilty for my older ones that i wish i had been a better mother, never abuse at all just was too young and immature. the **** i read on here is appalling. i know it happens but i just dont understand it.

Me too. But I guess they can't tell me what has been done, if anything has. However, I'm sure I've encountered her "high" on a few occasions and the daughter is always late to school and late being collected, even though they live on the same road as the school.

The girl is clean, tidy and quite a clever girl, so I wonder if that makes people think all is ok? I did find it odd that when I reported it to the school, everyone acted surprised .... even though most of the staff live in the same village and it isn't a secret that there are rumours about this women doing drugs (and even rumours of prostitution in her house). I did find it hard to believe they could all be that naive to have not heard anything ...... well, I didn't believe it, if I'm honest!
Makes me wonder how often things like this go unseen until tragedy strikes:(

Cameron Austin ‏@CameronOAustin 4h4 hours ago

Felony homicide is a unique charge. Read the Virginia code here: https://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-33 … #NoahThomas

Cameron Austin ‏@CameronOAustin 3h3 hours ago

I called the ME yesterday. Instead of saying the autopsy was pending (like they had), they said all info would come from Pulaski #NoahThomas

Cameron Austin
@CameronOAustin

Cops and court reporter @roanoketimes. #Hokie

I guess I'm showing my ignorance here about drugs. Why would she give Noah her drugs? Don't drug users want to hoard up their supply to use themselves? I can totally see Noah accidentally getting into them, but fail to see why either parent would give them to him.

I guess I'm showing my ignorance here about drugs. Why would she give Noah her drugs? Don't drug users want to hoard up their supply to use themselves? I can totally see Noah accidentally getting into them, but fail to see why either parent would give them to him.
Do we know he gave him drugs?

no mom, we don't know........all we know is that she has been charged with felony murder..........which means he died accidentally while another felony was being committed against him (paraphrasing here)

so we are guessing since toxicology from the autopsy was what the sheriff was waiting on and we know the younger sibling was removed from their care because of drugs and being born and is still addicted.....

that the felony is felony child abuse.......she either accidently overdosed him or he ingested it himself because of her neglect....and died.....

Keep in mind the toxicology report would also show if Noah had had drugs in his system in the months prior to his death.

Repeated drug exposures would be hard to blame on Noah accidentally, repeatedly taking drugs unbeknownst to her. He was FIVE.... If he had repeated drug exposures that he gave himself and was essentially walking around high, and neither parent noticed...yeah, not buying that for one second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they were cooking meth in the home the children can become addicted just by breathing it I believe.

does that help mom or have i made it worse? lol

anyhoo........we have no idea for sure because all they are releasing is the statement i linked on the previous page until the hearing on 8/12.........but that seems a pretty sure guess given what we DO know.......

what remains to be seen is whether they charge paul or not......if they do charge him, they believe it happened before the work run of that morning and he was put in the tank prior to that............if they don't, she did it alone or with someone other than paul.........

guess we'll see.........

does that help mom or have i made it worse? lol

anyhoo........we have no idea for sure because all they are releasing is the statement i linked on the previous page until the hearing on 8/12.........but that seems a pretty sure guess given what we DO know.......

what remains to be seen is whether they charge paul or not......if they do charge him, they believe it happened before the work run of that morning and he was put in the tank prior to that............if they don't, she did it alone or with someone other than paul.........

guess we'll see.........
Ha no that helps! Thanks :)

I could see him getting into drugs on his own, her finding him dead, and then in a drug induced craze disposing. :(

Or trying to drug him so he would sleep. I wouldn't be surprised by that, either...and then he stopped breathing bc of an OD. If the baby had respitory issues, could be she was dosing both kids as a way to get them to sleep?

My goodness. Why not just put on a few episodes of Daniel Tiger in the other room so you can nap? :(

Agree about the meth smoke causing the kids to become addicted. A friend of mine had a grandchild who tested positive for cocaine due to the drug use in his home. :(

No, not at all. I've just seen some people suggest that and it doesn't make sense to me. Not saying these comments are not valid, I just don't understand them.

The Pulaski County Sheriff’s Office released the following statement about the new charge:

“Today, Ashley Jennifer White, age 31 was charged with Felony Murder of her child Noah Thomas. Under Virginia law this charge is defined as the accidental killing, contrary to the intention of the parties, while in the commission of some other felonious act. That other felonious act listed is the abuse and/ or neglect of her child. We anticipate that the preliminary hearing for this new charge will be scheduled on the same day as the pending abuse and neglect charge- August 12 and will be heard in the Pulaski County Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court.

Once again, I ask that the public be cautious with rumors and misleading speculation in reference to Noah’s death, as these statement and social media postings add more confusion and false information and divert valuable investigative manpower from the investigation. As this is a pending criminal case, neither the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Office nor the Commonwealth’s Attorney will be making any further statements.”

http://wtvr.com/2015/06/10/noah-thomas-mother-charged-with-5-year-olds-murder/
They are making it clear it was the neglect and abuse leading to the accidental killing (note the difference not using the word, "death", but stating the intent wasn't murder) of Noah. Drugs aren't mentioned, but it is possible (not factual yet) since it would be about time for the toxicology results to have come in. It is interesting the father has not been charged with the same thing.

They are making it clear it was the neglect and abuse leading to the accidental killing (note the difference not using the word, "death", but stating the intent wasn't murder) of Noah. Drugs aren't mentioned, but it is possible (not factual yet) since it would be about time for the toxicology results to have come in. It is interesting the father has not been charged with the same thing.
True it is interesting they are saying "killing". Could it be that someone else killed him while she was neglecting him? Either Paul, or a random neighbor?

True it is interesting they are saying "killing". Could it be that someone else killed him while she was neglecting him? Either Paul, or a random neighbor?

This post considers ...

Someone (Paul or neighbor) "accidentally" killed him.. ...(what OP quote states ...accidental)

......While she was neglecting him?

Not buying that scenario :Moo:

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

No. They are stressing it wasn't like that at all. Noah died as an accident, but it was while the mother was in commission of a felony crime which was abuse and neglect. If she left him alone in the home for an extended period of time (neglect) and she gave him medication to keep him asleep while gone (abuse) then he died of an overdose (accidental killing)...she did not intend to kill him, but even though accidental...she did. (Not saying this is what happened as we don't know anything yet.)

No. They are stressing it wasn't like that at all. Noah died as an accident, but it was while the mother was in commission of a felony crime which was abuse and neglect. If she left him alone in the home for an extended period of time (neglect) and she gave him medication to keep him asleep while gone (abuse) then he died of an overdose (murder)...she did not intend to kill him, but even though accidental...she did. (Not saying this is what happened as we don't know anything yet.)
This sounds like a very possible scenerio.

Just wanted to clarify a couple of points here...

We have no evidence that she did give Noah drugs. However, some drug users dose their children to get them to sleep. Also, it has been made known by the CA that Baby A was born addicted and suffers from a condition of withdrawl even as recently as when she was removed from their care.

i have not read this case from the beginning but from synopsis, are they saying she drugged her kids, or that he got into her stash and she hid his body in the septic system?

i just dont understand any of this. i look at my kid's face and he completely trusts me. i cant imagine hurting him. hell, i feel guilty for my older ones that i wish i had been a better mother, never abuse at all just was too young and immature. the **** i read on here is appalling. i know it happens but i just dont understand it.

You can get spun up by cruising through the media thread at http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ski-22-March-2015-**Media-Maps-and-Timeline**

We do not know if she dosed him, if he got in to the drugs, or, if drugs were even found in his system. Those who assume as much (I am one of those) are filling in the gaps between what we know from the charges and what we know from various court hearings. We don't actually *know* that yet, though.

If they were cooking meth in the home the children can become addicted just by breathing it I believe.

AW wouldn't need to cook in her home unless she was selling. She had a legally prescribed Rx for a drug used in the treatment of opiate addiction. There has not been any mention from the Sheriff's office that any evidence of a lab in the home was found (and they did list what was found in their searches). So, yes - he could have (and his Aunt, a woman who claimed to have regular contact with Noah was recently arrested for a mobile meth kitchen) but there has been no mention of evidence of AW and PT conducting such activity in their home.

<modsnip>

That said, there has been nothing whatsoever, that has even hinted towards what you are suggesting (if I even understood correctly what you were suggesting). There has been plenty of information provided directly by the Sherrif's dept by way of press releases/public statements, very specific charges have been filed that do NOT include "trading" of that kind and there has been evidence given in court since the time of the arrests.

There are a LOT of possibilities still open in this case and certainly, anything could happen. But in *my* opinion, I truly do not believe ANY of the information we presently have access to leads towards the idea that the kids were "traded" in any way, shape, or form. Could that still come about? Yep, it could. Do I think it will? Nope.

...just trying to stick to what we DO know. As always, this is *my* opinion and you are entitled to yours.

P.S.
Links to what information HAS been released can be found in the media thread. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ski-22-March-2015-**Media-Maps-and-Timeline**

Agreed. The fact that PT has not seen increased charges makes me wonder if they are waiting for one person to speak out against another or if he really wasn't involved in the same way she was.

Agreed. The fact that PT has not seen increased charges makes me wonder if they are waiting for one person to speak out against another or if he really wasn't involved in the same way she was.
I think it is possible he has already spoken. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tinatrue