GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
if they have that tox screen back and there were drugs in his system, you know she is claiming he took them on his own, she sure as hell is not going to say she gave them to him......she was his caretaker......that alone is felony child neglect, right? rein me in if i'm off base, i'm not familiar w/VA law......

Keep in mind the toxicology report would also show if Noah had had drugs in his system in the months prior to his death.

Repeated drug exposures would be hard to blame on Noah accidentally, repeatedly taking drugs unbeknownst to her. He was FIVE.... If he had repeated drug exposures that he gave himself and was essentially walking around high, and neither parent noticed...yeah, not buying that for one second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would think it's logical to deduce that whatever drug(s) Baby A was still addicted to at the time of her removal from the home would be the same drug that Noah overdosed on. IF the "accident" was an unintentional drug overdose. A true "accident" would be if a child, of his own accord, got into drugs in the home. Since we know Baby A didn't give herself the drugs she was addicted to, it is my opinion that she was administering the same drug to both.

I think that if the abuse pertained to Noah being physically abused, they would have tried to make a first degree murder charge stick instead.

Totally agree.

if they have that tox screen back and there were drugs in his system, you know she is claiming he took them on his own, she sure as hell is not going to say she gave them to him......she was his caretaker......that alone is felony child neglect, right? rein me in if i'm off base, i'm not familiar w/VA law......

eta......i think she GAVE them to him but i think she thinks this is her way out and it's not

I am inclined to be of the same opinion but want to do a little more reading up on the topic.

okay just read y'alls too and we're all on the same page.....omg i can't wait to hear what they say in court 8/12......i hope more is made public before then and wonder if paul will be charged......if not, then they are saying it happened after she got back home from taking him to work and she was able to put him in the tank alone...

just think about that a minute.......good lord.......

if they do charge him........they think it happened earlier than that morning and he was in on the tank business........

Keep in mind the toxicology report would also show if Noah had had drugs in his system in the months prior to his death.

Repeated drug exposures would be hard to blame on Noah accidentally, repeatedly taking drugs unbeknownst to her. He was FIVE.... If he had repeated drug exposures that he gave himself and was essentially walking around high, and neither parent noticed...yeah, not buying that for one second.

good point and they could also check his hair for when he was dosed, right?

i did some research and it said that you could tell when drugs were given to someone on their hair shaft and you know they had to have kept and tested a sample of noah's hair for toxicology

good point and they could also check his hair for when he was dosed, right?

Yes, they would absolutely be able to tell from his hair, potentially months back, when and if he had drugs in his system, and also be able to generally see at what levels at each exposure.

Thanks to everyone for the info on felony murder. I thought it was something like that, but wanted to be sure.

While I feel an amount of happiness today that Noah's case is moving forward, I feel a particular sadness for little Noah, that his mother could do this. We knew that it would probably come to this, IMO, it's a hard bite to chew, now that we do know. Poor little precious boy...I have a huge lump in my heart that won't go away.

okay just read y'alls too and we're all on the same page.....omg i can't wait to hear what they say in court 8/12......i hope more is made public before then and wonder if paul will be charged......if not, then they are saying it happened after she got back home from taking him to work and she was able to put him in the tank alone...

just think about that a minute.......good lord.......

if they do charge him........they think it happened earlier than that morning and he was in on the tank business........

I still think there had to be someone else involved helping her get to Noah in to the tank. Could have been Paul but I think there is the possibility it was someone else, too. If Paul actually was at work (and we have no reason to believe he wasn't) then maybe she enlisted the help of someone else close to her. Someone who was big enough and/or who knew about her drug use and/or was of the mindset to help dispose of a body, etc.

Just my opinion. I think we have a ways to go and more to learn about what really happened that day.

omg i am so happy to see this news, i would have gone CRAZY if there had been no movement until august......

but of course i'm never happy lol......now i'm wondering if they will charge paul? :thinking:

While I feel an amount of happiness today that Noah's case is moving forward, I feel a particular sadness for little Noah, that his mother could do this. We knew that it would probably come to this, IMO, it's a hard bite to chew, now that we do know. Poor little precious boy...I have a huge lump in my heart that won't go away.

I'm with you, friend. There were so many instances when this could have been stopped or at least could have been mitigated from turning out as grim as it did. At each of those instances, the adults in his life failed him.

:hug: i know how you feel and it never gets easier....but we have to take the "victories" when we can because it's a step toward justice for noah, think of it that way :hug: but i understand, believe me :heartbeat:

I'm with you, friend. There were so many instances when this could have been stopped or at least could have been mitigated from turning out as grim as it did. At each of those instances, the adults in his life failed him.

I agree. It didn't have to be this way and he was failed by many it seems. Worst of all he was failed by his parents. I hope and pray that he didn't know how profoundly he was failed by the ones who should have loved him the most.:(

I still think there had to be someone else involved helping her get to Noah in to the tank. Could have been Paul but I think there is the possibility it was someone else, too. If Paul actually was at work (and we have no reason to believe he wasn't) then maybe she enlisted the help of someone else close to her. Someone who was big enough and/or who knew about her drug use and/or was of the mindset to help dispose of a body, etc.

Just my opinion. I think we have a ways to go and more to learn about what really happened that day.

I guess if there were drugs in the house, it is not impossible that someone might have called round the house that morning, either to buy, sell or do drugs. She gave a pretty big window of opportunity for Noah to have "found" drugs when she initially claimed to have been asleep, so plenty of time for all sorts of scenarios to have happened.

I have a neighbour that does drugs and is rumoured to sell them from her house (cannabis and speed apparently) and she always has people calling round her house, and a number of different cars will be parked outside her house at all times of the day and night. (I've reported her to the school, the police and social services, just from the things my children have heard about her - such as her asking the young kids who have cars to drive her to buy drugs) but I don't know if anything was done. It worries me as she has a child who is home when all these people come and go. A bit off topic, but from my experience of people who have this lifestyle, they tend to have an "open house".

The Pulaski County Sheriff’s Office released the following statement about the new charge:

“Today, Ashley Jennifer White, age 31 was charged with Felony Murder of her child Noah Thomas. Under Virginia law this charge is defined as the accidental killing, contrary to the intention of the parties, while in the commission of some other felonious act. That other felonious act listed is the abuse and/ or neglect of her child. We anticipate that the preliminary hearing for this new charge will be scheduled on the same day as the pending abuse and neglect charge- August 12 and will be heard in the Pulaski County Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court.

Once again, I ask that the public be cautious with rumors and misleading speculation in reference to Noah’s death, as these statement and social media postings add more confusion and false information and divert valuable investigative manpower from the investigation. As this is a pending criminal case, neither the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Office nor the Commonwealth’s Attorney will be making any further statements.”

http://wtvr.com/2015/06/10/noah-thomas-mother-charged-with-5-year-olds-murder/

I guess if there were drugs in the house, it is not impossible that someone might have called round the house that morning, either to buy, sell or do drugs. She gave a pretty big window of opportunity for Noah to have "found" drugs when she initially claimed to have been asleep, so plenty of time for all sorts of scenarios to have happened.

I have a neighbour that does drugs and is rumoured to sell them from her house (cannabis and speed apparently) and she always has people calling round her house, and a number of different cars will be parked outside her house at all times of the day and night. (I've reported her to the school, the police and social services, just from the things my children have heard about her - such as her asking the young kids who have cars to drive her to buy drugs) but I don't know if anything was done. It worries me as she has a child who is home when all these people come and go. A bit off topic, but from my experience of people who have this lifestyle, they tend to have an "open house".
I'm appalled more hasn't been done by CPS in this :(

I'm appalled more hasn't been done by CPS in this :(

Me too. But I guess they can't tell me what has been done, if anything has. However, I'm sure I've encountered her "high" on a few occasions and the daughter is always late to school and late being collected, even though they live on the same road as the school.

The girl is clean, tidy and quite a clever girl, so I wonder if that makes people think all is ok? I did find it odd that when I reported it to the school, everyone acted surprised .... even though most of the staff live in the same village and it isn't a secret that there are rumours about this women doing drugs (and even rumours of prostitution in her house). I did find it hard to believe they could all be that naive to have not heard anything ...... well, I didn't believe it, if I'm honest!

Mother of the year.....you will not be forgotten Noah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avah