GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
VA - Noah Terry Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 Mar 2015 - #6 *Parents Arrested*

I would love to see the entire autopsy report but I would settle for just the COD.

Has either parent been charged with manslaughter? Or are they still in jail on child endangerment charges? Or do I have this all confused?

Until media requests through a Freedom of Information Act?

That's wasn't my understanding of what's on the website. I understood it that VA considers autopsy results to be a part of a person's medical results and they are only released to next of kin and LE (when there is investigation).

Maybe I understood it wrong. I would love to see the report first hand!

I am all but certain that FOIA does not apply here. Noah was a minor, there is an ongoing criminal investigation, the results are protected as a part of his medical records, etc.

http://www.djj.virginia.gov/AboutDJJPages/FOIA_FAQ.aspx

So, anyone else wondering why the Prosecution would try to prevent the cell phone from being examined?

My theories range from an innocent concern that the testing will require a delay/rescheduling to far darker reasons.

Could be that the cell may help shed light on what happened in those days immediately when Noah was reported missing - who knew what and when - and how LE handled the investigation and their interactions with AW & PT?

Could be that it may have to do with the search of the septic tank before Noah was officially found? Does the phone belong to the two mysterious people who searched the tank with poles? Does it belong to a LE who lost it when searching the tank early on?

Could it belong to an accomplice who perhaps helped AW deposit Noah in the tank? Someone LE has not charged yet whose involvement may help AW's defense?

I have long been a supporter of LE in this case even though I don't always appreciate how things have been handled but the CA appealing to deny the examination of the cell phone smacks of something more sinister to me.

As always, just my own speculations and opinions.

No clue about the entire phone thing. At first it did sound like it could have been a clerical error in the system, but now it appears it is not and Noah really was found with a cell phone on him. Very curious as to why the defense wouldn't be scrambling to have it tossed instead of the prosecution. This is so odd.

So, anyone else wondering why the Prosecution would try to prevent the cell phone from being examined?

My theories range from an innocent concern that the testing will require a delay/rescheduling to far darker reasons.

Could be that the cell may help shed light on what happened in those days immediately when Noah was reported missing - who knew what and when - and how LE handled the investigation and their interactions with AW & PT?

Could be that it may have to do with the search of the septic tank before Noah was officially found? Does the phone belong to the two mysterious people who searched the tank with poles? Does it belong to a LE who lost it when searching the tank early on?

Could it belong to an accomplice who perhaps helped AW deposit Noah in the tank? Someone LE has not charged yet whose involvement may help AW's defense?

I have long been a supporter of LE in this case even though I don't always appreciate how things have been handled but the CA appealing to deny the examination of the cell phone smacks of something more sinister to me.

As always, just my own speculations and opinions.

I can't imagine a single reason except the pretty obvious one - there is something exculpatory about the phone evidence.

It may be, that the prosecution believes the evidence is misleading, and would mislead a jury to an incorrect conclusion. But I know from watching other cases the prosecution is likely to know that there is evidence that would prove their accused innocent, and they're he**bent to convict regardless of truth.

Just IMHO. I've never personally seen a case where the prosecution attempted to/was able to conceal evidence from the defense where it wasn't out of ill intent and a believe that the evidence would shed light about the innocence of the accused.

If I was a defense attorney in the case here is what I'd say:

LE was all over the property. Searchers were all over the property. The property was unsecured. Persons were opening up the septic tank and probing inside. LE did not even thoroughly check the tank for weeks (or however long). Who knows how or when Noah was placed inside. LE is incompetent and did a poor investigation.

LE ignored or missed the cell phone in the autopsy report. LE then claimed it was an artifact from an earlier report. LE then tried to block the defense from examining the phone. LE is incompetent or dishonest.

I would argue how incompetent LE was, how many obvious mistakes they made, that the jury would have reasonable doubt and be unable to convict.

This is what I think the defense is doing right now. (Not saying this is my opinion of LE, just saying what I'd do if I were counsel.)

The cell phone is certainly baffling, how did Noah get possession of that phone, who's phone is it

What if Noah was murdered because he saw or knew something. We all suspect that Noah was left at home alone, what if baby girl was also left at home with Noah as the caregiver, what if when they were being left alone someone would go to the home and abuse the baby girl, maybe even taking pictures with the phone.

Why the prosecutor wouldn't want it brought into evidence makes little sense.

If I was a defense attorney in the case here is what I'd say:

LE was all over the property. Searchers were all over the property. The property was unsecured. Persons were opening up the septic tank and probing inside. LE did not even thoroughly check the tank for weeks (or however long). Who knows how or when Noah was placed inside. LE is incompetent and did a poor investigation.

LE ignored or missed the cell phone in the autopsy report. LE then claimed it was an artifact from an earlier report. LE then tried to block the defense from examining the phone. LE is incompetent or dishonest.

I would argue how incompetent LE was, how many obvious mistakes they made, that the jury would have reasonable doubt and be unable to convict.

This is what I think the defense is doing right now. (Not saying this is my opinion of LE, just saying what I'd do if I were counsel.)

The first thing LE does is find the living person. It would be a waste of time and people to do the search in the septic system. If you don't know how long it took for LE to search the area I'd suggest you read the previous threads before commenting about the "incompetence" of the people that you're talking about.

You know, I hate to say this, but members here said from very early on that cemeteries dont allow all that stuff on a grave site. Especially once the summer comes and the grass needs to be cut. It is real possible that it isnt people "stealing", but rather a minimizing and cleaning up of the area.

Yes, I called the cemetery in question during the "sandbox" proposal. They allow memorial flowers (the stand-up crosses, hearts, etc.) until the marker is installed. All the markers are flat and uniform with a vase for flowers. Other items will be removed for mowing.

Maybe the items were stolen, but given the timing (late summer), especially when they say they've removed the other items to keep theft from happening again . . . Yeah, those memorials were probably coming down soon anyway.

This is the webpage for the cemetery: http://www.dignitymemorial.com/highland-memory-gardens/en-us/index.page
You can get a good idea of the layout, marker style, and general atmosphere here.

The first thing LE does is find the living person. It would be a waste of time and people to do the search in the septic system. If you don't know how long it took for LE to search the area I'd suggest you read the previous threads before commenting about the "incompetence" of the people that you're talking about.

What?? I didn't say the police were incompetent. I CLEARLY said it was from a defense attorney's perspective. I followed Noah's case from the first or second day he went missing and read every single post. No, I don't remember off the top of my head exactly how many days it took to find Noah's body.

My reply was in response to the previous few posts. It was a possible suggestion, and I stated it as such.

I disagree. The post you quoted is dead on when it comes to raising reasonable doubt. If they knew that tank was there it should have been searched immediately, with the assumption he could have fallen in and might be saved if they check it right away.

If it hasn't been changed, the hearing should be today at 1:30 pm. Does anyone know if it's still scheduled for today?

If it hasn't been changed, the hearing should be today at 1:30 pm. Does anyone know if it's still scheduled for today?

WSLS.com .. channel 10 ... put in a report earlier this morning stating preliminary hearing was on today.

I would assume they will have somebody at the preliminary hearing.

In my search I didn't see any other news agency following this in the past 24 hours.

Thank you for bumping the thread I had forgotten.

ETA ..following their twitter account @wsls

Thanks atthelake! I had looked last night to see if I could find any info on the hearing still being today and couldn't find anything new...and ANonyMs gets credit for the bump in her post last night! :)

So, do we think any new info will come out in today's hearing? I sure hope so...

Thanks atthelake! I had looked last night to see if I could find any info on the hearing still being today and couldn't find anything new...and ANonyMs gets credit for the bump in her post last night! :)

So, do we think any new info will come out in today's hearing? I sure hope so...

Since we don't know anything, we will hear a lot of new things! at the preliminary hearing they have to put out their case minimally to take it forward. We learned so much more at the preliminary hearing for the McStay case that we did not know before. And this case we know very little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tinatrue