GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
it was his facebook that was the original posting about the two people checking the septic tank if you recall......

i didn't want to post the link and/or latest story he's posted without checking with a mod.........

it was his facebook that was the original posting about the two people checking the septic tank if you recall......

i didn't want to post the link and/or latest story he's posted without checking with a mod.........

I don't think we can, but I do know what you are referring to. Maybe someone else knows better than I do.

I am not a mod nor do I play one in real life, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, I didn't get far in my quest to go back to the beginning. I just went back to the beginning of *today*.

I clearly WAY over thought Baby A's diagnosis and failed to pay attention to what was right in front of me.

"In court on Wednesday, Pulaski County Commonwealth's Attorney Mike Fleenor said that medical records show Abigail was born with neonatal abstinence syndrome, meaning she was born addicted to a narcotic or opiate. Fleenor also said she presently is still diagnosed with it." (bbm)

http://www.roanoke.com/news/crime/p...cle_aaa281f8-adc0-533d-b1db-e420fa5455da.html

So, now knowing the time frames of how long the effects last, withdrawls, etc...I bow to those who have said she could have been born with it and then was continued to be exposed. And how could she continue to be exposed? Breastmilk or intentional dosing seem to be the only two options, right?

Off to make more brilliant deductions from information that has been in front of my face the whole time.

Those are the only two ways for her to have opiates in her body frequently enough for her to be diagnosed with NAS. A one time dosing is not sufficient for that diagnosis.

thanks courtney........i guess i'll wait to hear from a mod....

i wonder what changed if we can't post his fb now.....we could before or we would have never had that story......hmm.....

thanks again, good to see ya :seeya:

i wonder what changed if we can't post his fb now.....we could before or we would have never had that story......hmm.....

I reported your post to ask a mod for you. [emoji4]

Generally, babies exposed to crack and alcohol habitually in pregnancy have many more long term hurdles to deal with than those born addicted to heroin or opiates. Those babies, once weaned, usually do quite well. They may initially have failure to thrive, decreased suck reflex, etc., But those things usually resolve quickly once the addiction is diagnosed, they are weaned and ARE NOT EXPOSED to drugs further.

And, in my opinion, she likely was not the type of mother who took on the very difficult, time consuming chore of breastfeeding.

Exactly. The developmental delays must be obvious. I wonder if CPS has been visiting the home due to this diagnosis. Also, the pediatrician or clinic should more than likely be reporting also?

He is no longer MSM. Shortly after his first post that was linked here he was fired from his job at the media station he worked at.

He is no longer MSM. Shortly after his first post that was linked here he was fired from his job at the media station he worked at.

ahhhh.......yikes orly! what happened?! lol was it because he questioned the septic tank not being searched properly earlier by the sheriff's dept?.........hmm......

just speculation.......right after it was posted here huh?.....or maybe a certain bee is to blame :thinking:...........nahhhhhh :D

thanks :seeya: i had no idea.........his facebook still lists him as a journalist.........

hello all..........question...........can i post something from the reporter orly salinas' facebook? couldn't we do that before since he's a journalist?

mods?

Hi Queen Bee.

I am going to say no for now but if you could please send me articles he has written or perhaps he is a TV news personality? If so please send me that information.

email me at triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

Thanks for your patience

Tricia

Hi Queen Bee.

I am going to say no for now but if you could please send me articles he has written or perhaps he is a TV news personality? If so please send me that information.

email me at triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

Thanks for your patience

Tricia
no problem tricia........since my first post this evening, i've been informed he is no longer with the local news station he used to be with .....so i understand.........he's not MSM now.

Are there situations where Child Protective Services, social workers, law enforcement officers, etc., would know a baby was born addicted but allow her to stay with the parents anyway? I'm thinking about the sheriff's statement that his office was quite familiar with the family...plus all the FB rumors that are turning out to have some truth (which kills me, as ugly as some of those people acted). If the mom was addicted to heroin or a prescription drug and so many people knew, why were the kids still under her care?

Are there situations where Child Protective Services, social workers, law enforcement officers, etc., would know a baby was born addicted but allow her to stay with the parents anyway? I'm thinking about the sheriff's statement that his office was quite familiar with the family...plus all the FB rumors that are turning out to have some truth (which kills me, as ugly as some of those people acted). If the mom was addicted to heroin or a prescription drug and so many people knew, why were the kids still under her care?

Here is one. Baby Justice was born with meth in his system and he was allowed to go home with his parents after they agreed to a safety plan.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Woodlands-24-February-2015-*MOTHER-ARRESTED*

"Baby Justice Rees was born with meth in his system, mom suffered from depression: family "
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/justice-rees-born-meth-system-family-article-1.2136699

If so, it's just another case highlighting where the system failed a child.

I'm just stopping by to say a few words. Pulaski county is one of the worst areas in SWVA for drug abuse. The amount of meth that circulates the area is horrifying. In nearby Roanoke, heroin is on the rise. It's not surprising this baby was born addicted. The number of babies in the area born addicted is alarmingly high. The chances of them being known meth users and operating some sort of meth manufacturing device is also really high. Maybe not at their own home but perhaps at the least being exposed to it. It really is alarming.

Source - I live in Roanoke.

All babies are tested for drugs upon birth. Can anyone find out what hospital she gave birth at? If it is a Carilion hospital 100% baby was tested. They notify DSS and DSS should have taken custody of both children at that point. In Roanoke County, a neighboring county, these children are given safety plans. But there have been instances where babies are testing positive but still going home. Some say due to space issues. I'm not sure. There was an incident in Roanoke of a mother using drugs and her baby drown in the bathtub at nine months old. I don't believe born addicted though. Mother had fentanyl patches in her mouth at time of incident. DSS already had a safety plan in place for her children. She has five kids and is 25y/o. Drugs are horrible here. Horrible.

Exactly. The developmental delays must be obvious. I wonder if CPS has been visiting the home due to this diagnosis. Also, the pediatrician or clinic should more than likely be reporting also?

NAS is a syndrome that is specific to opiate withdrawal and is totally different than alcohol or cocaine. It may not have been evident immediately at birth and symptoms don't show up till 24-72 hours later with NAS. I think what Courtney was saying is that you can't equally compare babies born addicted to opiates with babies addicted to cocaine? And we know baby A was born addicted to some type of opiate.

Off-topic

Orly Salinas is indeed an excellent journalist. I followed him on tv for many years when I lived in Florida.

I grew up in a home with drug addicts and things they did almost killed me one day. Well, probably lots more times that I don't remember but one day in particular. I was just lucky. Sadly, Noah wasn't as lucky. My point in sharing is that nobody knew. My parents were doing hard drugs and selling them and we lived in a nice house, in a nice neighborhood and nobody knew. I was well fed, clean and wore nice clothes. I would even say my parents loved me. In their own way. They are clean now and my relationship with them is ok. But I find it hard to forgive them for what I went through. I don't forgive Noahs parents either. But I do believe he was loved and I think this was an accident. I don't know WHY they would drug him but i think it makes the most sense as to what really happened. Kids just don't get into nasty tasting drugs like that on their own when they are 5 yrs old. And it really seems as though he passed on Saturday night so maybe they just wanted him to sleep. Surely if they gave an infant drugs, they thought it would be ok for a 60 lb 5 yr old also. It could have also been some other type of accident but with this new info, it seems to really fit. It's true, some of the original rumors make the most logical sense but again, just my own thoughts and speculation.
Oh and this may be stupid but....what does BBM mean? LOL

Thank you for sharing. [emoji27]

For what it's worth, I think it was accidental as well. I hope so very much.

BBM means "bolded by me". I may have missed it, but I didn't see anyone answer it. [emoji4]

For what it's worth, I think it was accidental as well. I hope so very much.

I lean on that opinion as well. It would have been horribly neglectful and sad for it to simply be an accident, though. But placing his body in the septic tank to cover it up takes it to another level and is just evil. I assume they were scrambling, maybe had CPS issues going on already, knew this would get them into a lot of trouble, etc. But a septic tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper