Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ashley White murder charge reignites high emotions in Pulaski County
White is now charged with Felony Murder and Child Abuse and Neglect.

PULASKI, Va. -

Emotions in Pulaski County are running high once again, News of Ashley White's latest charge, felony murder, doesn't bring closure for this community.

"I'm not relieved because I don't think that was justice," said Michael Quesenberry, a Puaski resident.

"The longer it takes, I believe they'll get the full scope of everything," said Melvin Hudson, who lives in downtown Pulaski.

Sheriff Jim Davis explained in a news release Wednesday afternoon, the felony murder charge comes with a unique classification.

Under Virginia Law, it means White is charged in the accidental killing of her son Noah. The law explains that the death wasn't in the intentions of the parties involved but may have happened because of some other illegal act.

Davis explains that other act is the initial charge of abuse and neglect made the week Noah went missing.

Both White and Paul Thomas, Noah's dad, are in jail on those abuse and neglect charges.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/ash...ites-high-emotions-in-pulaski-county/33517140

I guess if there were drugs in the house, it is not impossible that someone might have called round the house that morning, either to buy, sell or do drugs. She gave a pretty big window of opportunity for Noah to have "found" drugs when she initially claimed to have been asleep, so plenty of time for all sorts of scenarios to have happened.

I have a neighbour that does drugs and is rumoured to sell them from her house (cannabis and speed apparently) and she always has people calling round her house, and a number of different cars will be parked outside her house at all times of the day and night. (I've reported her to the school, the police and social services, just from the things my children have heard about her - such as her asking the young kids who have cars to drive her to buy drugs) but I don't know if anything was done. It worries me as she has a child who is home when all these people come and go. A bit off topic, but from my experience of people who have this lifestyle, they tend to have an "open house".

Yes, you are right. I grew up in a house like that. I do think drugs were intentionally given to Noah and his sister. Probably to make them sleep. I just don't understand WHY. My parents never bothered to try and put me to sleep. What was so important...what were they doing that they felt Noah had to sleep through. I don't know, I just feel like there's definitely more people involved and more to the story than we can begin to imagine.

Yes, you are right. I grew up in a house like that. I do think drugs were intentionally given to Noah and his sister. Probably to make them sleep. I just don't understand WHY. My parents never bothered to try and put me to sleep. What was so important...what were they doing that they felt Noah had to sleep through. I don't know, I just feel like there's definitely more people involved and more to the story than we can begin to imagine.

If drugs were give purposely, it could have been simply to allow a parent to sleep unbothered. But Imo, many drug users will not want to "waste" or "share" their drugs for any reason. Jmo

This is a thought I've had and is only speculation on what little we do know. Noah and his parents (and I assume the baby) were on a family outing the night before and were captured on video, I think at a restaurant and were seen at a ballgame. I hope I have this right. I've wondered if after this outing, they went home and the children were drugged to make them sleep (this is just my speculation, nothing more) and then Paul and Ashley went back out somewhere to party, etc., leaving the children home alone. The dose to make little Noah sleep was too strong and he didn't wake back up. Again, and I emphasize just a thought that has run through my head through this whole terrible disaster that took Noah's life. This would be neglect and abuse that both P and A were both charged with, but A was the one who administered the dose, again speculation on my part, since she was charged (at the time of arrest) with the greater charge of doing something that subsequently lead to Noah's death.

Back home and catching up. I'm pleased that there have been charges against Ashley White. How LE figured this out; I have no clue.

I doubt that the parents were cooking meth in the home. If they had been, the entire house and everything in it would have been condemned as HAZMAT. There were no reports of experts going into the house with white suits and breathers, IIRC. This would have been very visible to the public eye, I would think.

Some people upthread have wondered whether/why a drug user would be willing to give some of their drugs to Noah. I just wanted to add that she may have dosed him (and accidentally overdosed him) with something that wasn't "her" drugs, like cough syrup or sleeping pills.

IF Noah's body was placed in the septic tank, it seems that it would have been done under the cover of darkness. If it was done after A returned from taking P to work, the time would have likely been around 7 15 or 7 30 range. I'm close enough to the area to know that at the time of year this happened, it would already begin to be daylight. I can't see this being done after daylight and I honestly can't see one person doing this alone. I feel like there will be more charges.

My greatest fear is hearing that little Noah wasn't dead when he went into that tank. That maybe someone just thought he was. God forbid...

They are making it clear it was the neglect and abuse leading to the accidental killing (note the difference not using the word, "death", but stating the intent wasn't murder) of Noah. Drugs aren't mentioned, but it is possible (not factual yet) since it would be about time for the toxicology results to have come in. It is interesting the father has not been charged with the same thing.

This is kind of BS though right? Because if some other parent is beating their child and they ' accidentally' die during that beating, they charge them with murder. I don't understand the accidental bit. Very few parents who beat their child to death meant for them to die, so it's an ' accident' but still they committed murder. Is this just an odd state to get this charge in ? Would it be murder 1 in any other state? TIA

I wonder if Noah got his hands on the drugs himself, and took whatever. While A was doing it too. This would be the accidental part and why she would be charged and then more on hiding a body, and all the rest of the crap. I think Noah was already gone. I really still can't figure out how she did the move on her own, and makes me wonder if it happen the following evening, and she found he died when arriving home from dropping off Paul. Speaking about Paul do we know if he had a hand in this or if he even knew where Noah was? But to go back, it is more likely Noah awoken while they were gone, or was sitting in front of the tv, got into drugs and then she came home. OK obviously these are my own thoughts about the drugs, nothing in the news about this....

Wow, thanks for the update. Now to try and understand the charge of felony murder.

no mom, we don't know........all we know is that she has been charged with felony murder..........which means he died accidentally while another felony was being committed against him (paraphrasing here)

so we are guessing since toxicology from the autopsy was what the sheriff was waiting on and we know the younger sibling was removed from their care because of drugs and being born and is still addicted.....

that the felony is felony child abuse.......she either accidently overdosed him or he ingested it himself because of her neglect....and died.....

Yup. If he died from an overdose that appears exactly why she was charged with felony murder:
[h=1]§ 18.2-33[/h][h=2]Felony homicide defined; punishment.[/h] The killing of one accidentally, contrary to the intention of the parties, while in the prosecution of some felonious act other than those specified in §§ 18.2-31 and 18.2-32, is murder of the second degree and is punishable by confinement in a state correctional facility for not less than five years nor more than forty years. https://vacode.org/18.2-33/

BBM.

okay just read y'alls too and we're all on the same page.....omg i can't wait to hear what they say in court 8/12......i hope more is made public before then and wonder if paul will be charged......if not, then they are saying it happened after she got back home from taking him to work and she was able to put him in the tank alone...

just think about that a minute.......good lord.......

if they do charge him........they think it happened earlier than that morning and he was in on the tank business........
JMHO, but I am thinking this is going to be the new normal for all states other than like Florida and the few other with very open record laws. Social Media... its good for people who want to stay informed and like us who like to sleuth cases or keep up. Its hard for those trying to get an unbiased Jury. Even more so when rumors are repeated as fact when not. .. Ok off to catch up :) Crazy that the OTHER Ashley White released one day and next Noah Mom charged with new charges...

Wow, thanks for the update. Now to try and understand the charge of felony murder.

never called 911? for help, instead just left him die because she knew she was in trouble with drugs and neglect of baby girl?

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/new...ah-thomas-charged-with-felony-murder/33507002
Noah was killed while she was committing an illegal act? like making drugs for sell?
how could any parent ever place their child in a sepic tank dead or alive...................evil................
Here's what I don't get: Isn't disposing of the body in that manner illegal as well? Why hasn't she been charged with that? Is LE still trying to find proof that she put him in the tank? Or that both of them did? Or someone else?

Based on what we know so far, I find it plausible that Noah may have gotten into her prescribed medication ie Methadone or something along those lines while she was driving his dad to work and he was left alone. Which also leads me to believe if in fact the case that her medication was not securely stored.

Just a thought I was having after reading through the last page and there was mention of her having a prescription to help her overcome an opiate addiction.

I don't post in this thread as it is hard enough to read let alone participate, Noah has found a place in my heart and I wish him proper Justice.
All my opinion only.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for posting greeneyedgirl! We need you here! cvillemegan, I agree. Disposing of a body is one reason why I think the charges are not finished yet, if autopsy shows he was dead when he entered the septic. It's also MO that one person didn't do all that. If someone/s put little Noah in that horrible place, there will be more charges.

This is what makes me think that Noah didn't get into and ingest drugs himself:

"Ashley White was charged under two different subsections of the law. One charge, like Thomas’, relates to “reckless disregard for human life” and carries with it the same punishment. However, she is also being charged under a more serious subsection that is a Class 4 felony which is punishable by no less than two years and no more than 10 years.

That subsection involves “serious injuries” to a child that were received under an adult’s care. Those injuries, as defined by state code include: “disfigurement, a fracture, a severe burn or laceration, mutilation, maiming, forced ingestion of dangerous substances, or life threatening internal injuries.”

http://www.roanoke.com/news/crime/p...cle_317ae1ed-ccc2-52cc-bb94-0ebfb2e94095.html

I have a feeling that the toxicology report came back, but maybe not COD yet. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Checkyourhead