GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wonder why AW got an extra charge? (If I'm reading that correctly)

She's always been charged with one more thing than he was, but I don't think anyone knows why yet. Maybe it's because she was the one supposed to be watching him when he "disappeared"? And since Dad was at work, he wasn't technically responsible for him at that moment? Then the other charges are because they both knowingly left the kids home alone when she drove him to work?

The only mention of fingerprints pertaining to the lid was when it was reported that the two mystery people came running in while the police were still talking to Ashley and Paul, before an official search was started. Allegedly, the two people came in saying that they thought they felt something in the tank and they also told police at that time that their fingerprints would be on the lid and on the poles that certainly everyone [emoji57] keeps lying on the ground near their septic tanks that they were using to poke around in the tank. An odd declaration to make at that particular time, I think.

I honestly believe that in another town, city, State, another investigating department, Mom and/or Dad would have been charged with murder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She's always been charged with one more thing than he was, but I don't think anyone knows why yet. Maybe it's because she was the one supposed to be watching him when he "disappeared"? And since Dad was at work, he wasn't technically responsible for him at that moment? Then the other charges are because they both knowingly left the kids home alone when she drove him to work?

Yes and though he was at work, before he left for work he was aware that the kids were being left alone. Even if he did not know that Noah would end up in the tank "somehow" he knew that the children were not safe.

MOO

So am I understanding the following correctly?:

Noah's death was accidental.
Mother and father charged with felony neglect because they left him and his sister home alone.
Noah drowned in the septic tank after falling in.

Has any of this been established as fact? Or do we have to wait for trial to learn the particulars? TIA

So am I understanding the following correctly?:

Noah's death was accidental.
Mother and father charged with felony neglect because they left him and his sister home alone.
Noah drowned in the septic tank after falling in.

Has any of this been established as fact? Or do we have to wait for trial to learn the particulars? TIA

Yes to the first two statements and part of the third.

1. Noah's death is presumed accidental. Even the initial homicide charge against Ashley White stipulated it to be an accidental death.

2. Yes, they are charged for leaving them home alone. (The homicide charge against Ashley was dropped because the judge ruled there wasn't enough evidence to support Noah's death having occurred during the time they were left alone.)

3. Yes, Noah's cause of death is drowning (w/contributing hypothermia.) However, the ME marked the manner of his death as undetermined because it isn't clear how he ended up in the tank.

I am very interested to learn more of what took place that morning: how long the kids were left alone and if there's anything (phone records/etc.?) that indicates Ashley weren't actually asleep when Noah died.

Remember this past spring when I went to the cabins and found a septic tank cover that was loose and posted it here. I notified the owners by phone and told you I would give you an update.

Went back for the fall trip and yes, the cover was properly screwed on.

I hope Noah's little sister is doing well. This case still makes me so I'll :/

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

So, are we never to really learn? Because the murder charge was dropped, everything else remains sealed in family court?

I just looked it up and it looks like the have trial dates in January, 2016.

Just catching up on this;

"White is charged with two Class 6 felony charges of abuse and neglect relating to Noah and the care of his infant sister. Class 6 felonies are punishable by a maximum of five years on each charge. A grand jury also indicted her on a Class 4 felony charge of abuse and neglect relating to the care of Noah. A Class 4 felony is punishable by up to 10 years in prison. Her three-day jury trial is scheduled to begin on Feb. 8."

"Bulger — with the help of the public defender’s investigator Brian Porter — also presented a litany of social media posts via Facebook community pages like "Noah Thomas our 'Small Town Angel,'" which has more than 20,000 "likes" and, according to Bulger, is used to memorialize the boy. "Justice for Children Without Voices In Memory of Noah Thomas" has more than 7,000 "likes," and that page "is focused on punishing individuals whom the online mob labeled as child abusers," Bulger wrote.

Many of the comments cited on those pages were laced with profanity and called for White to be punished or killed alongside Noah’s father, Bulger said."

http://www.richmond.com/article_52819259-0c44-5776-ae29-fca05f4a7e90.html

Dear Defense Attorneys, there is nowhere in the US where you are going to find any jury that isn't unduly influenced by the drowning death of a child in a septic tank, caused by his parents' neglect and drug abuse, and the addiction issues of an INFANT caused by...yet again, the parents' neglect and drug abuse. When one chooses to abuse drugs and leave their children unattended, it's unreasonable for one to assume they'll be on the receiving end of "fair". Sincerely, Me

Dear Defense Attorneys, there is nowhere in the US where you are going to find any jury that isn't unduly influenced by the drowning death of a child in a septic tank, caused by his parents' neglect and drug abuse, and the addiction issues of an INFANT caused by...yet again, the parents' neglect and drug abuse. When one chooses to abuse drugs and leave their children unattended, it's unreasonable for one to assume they'll be on the receiving end of "fair". Sincerely, Me

Not outside of jail anyways. Great post just hitting thank you wasn't enough!

No one chooses addiction, drug abuse, yes. but there is no young woman that I know of who one day woke up and said " I think I'd like to be a drug addicted negligent mom - how much can I make doing that?"

Not making excuses just saying the truth. People suffer as the result of addiction, children die. Sometimes jail gets them clean. No it doesn't.

MOO

I told myself I wouldn't come back here. Seeing Noah's face in pictures tears me up. I still believe he deserves justice he isn't going to get, and I wish I could just let it go as an accident. But I can't.

No one chooses addiction, drug abuse, yes. but there is no young woman that I know of who one day woke up and said " I think I'd like to be a drug addicted negligent mom - how much can I make doing that?"

Not making excuses just saying the truth. People suffer as the result of addiction, children die. Sometimes jail gets them clean. No it doesn't.

MOO

Surely the minute you decide to take an illegal drug, you are choosing addiction? Its not like we don't know the dangers of meth, cocaine, heroin and so on. Same with smoking - everyone knows its addictive, so if you choose to try it, you are choosing to probably end up addicted.

Sorry if I sound uncaring, but everyone has a choice when it comes to drugs. Its totally selfish, as the fallout goes far beyond the person taking them. As for people taking drugs when they have children, even worse. No sympathy from me, only for the ones they are hurting. Just my opinion :)

Surely the minute you decide to take an illegal drug, you are choosing addiction? Its not like we don't know the dangers of meth, cocaine, heroin and so on. Same with smoking - everyone knows its addictive, so if you choose to try it, you are choosing to probably end up addicted.

Sorry if I sound uncaring, but everyone has a choice when it comes to drugs. Its totally selfish, as the fallout goes far beyond the person taking them. As for people taking drugs when they have children, even worse. No sympathy from me, only for the ones they are hurting. Just my opinion :)

First time you had a glass of wine you chose to become an alcoholic? That's addiction by your definition. Substance ABUSE is a choice and abuse changes the brain over time. For some people it happens very quickly, hence the opinion that addiction has a genetic component, however no gene has yet been identified. Additionally, for some substances like tobacco and heroin it happens quite intensively.
If you can identify a young woman who cognitively chose to become a drug addicted son killer then I will agree. But no, Addiction is a disease not a choice.

MOO

Just to be clear it is absolutely my opinion that these people need to be incarcerated and held accountable for the death of this innocent child.

First time you had a glass of wine you chose to become an alcoholic? That's addiction by your definition. Substance ABUSE is a choice and abuse changes the brain over time. For some people it happens very quickly, hence the opinion that addiction has a genetic component, however no gene has yet been identified. Additionally, for some substances like tobacco and heroin it happens quite intensively.
If you can identify a young woman who cognitively chose to become a drug addicted son killer then I will agree. But no, Addiction is a disease not a choice.

MOO

Actually it's both a disease and a choice. You choose whether or not if you want to remain in it, or be free. The hard part is wanting to stop the BS.. and stay alive.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
distrustHUMANS24
Back