GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well, I'm going back to the basics. Strange things do happen, but rarely in mass quantities. Young children left home. Regularly unsupervised. Baby born on drugs. Baby removed from home for untreated illness. Child is missing and parents do not make any public pleas, but rather are more concerned with their privacy. BUT, this child found the septic tank and the lid magically flipped him in there without a trace? No way. Not buying that for a second. We all saw the news story of the one single magical lid, but that was a child playing the yard with her family. And it was one out of millions. He was pushed or put in there. My very first thought when I heard this story is that kids were behind his disappearance- like neighborhood kids that we hear stories about recently (Maddy Middleton, Jensie Wright, etc). But those kids are found quickly because they are kids. Is it possible he was looking inside and someone pushed him in to teach him a lesson? Yeah. Is it possible that someone put him in intentionally? Yeah. Is it possible that he magically flipped inside while he was left home alone unsupervised from a parent who does drugs? Not likely, at all, in my opinion. Too many odd occurrences all piled high. Noah, I'm staying here for you. I absolutely cannot even imagine what your life, much less the last moments of your life, were like. In life, you might not have someone looking out for you like you should have. In death, you have many. You are loved, sweet child.

there was a new post on FB yesterday that detailed out the type septic tank it was, how old it was and whether it had been serviced before and location. Some inside information from previous tenants about the tank... but I didn't post it as I don't want to be in trouble for posting SM things.

Well, I'm going back to the basics. Strange things do happen, but rarely in mass quantities. Young children left home. Regularly unsupervised. Baby born on drugs. Baby removed from home for untreated illness. Child is missing and parents do not make any public pleas, but rather are more concerned with their privacy. BUT, this child found the septic tank and the lid magically flipped him in there without a trace? No way. Not buying that for a second. We all saw the news story of the one single magical lid, but that was a child playing the yard with her family. And it was one out of millions. He was pushed or put in there. My very first thought when I heard this story is that kids were behind his disappearance- like neighborhood kids that we hear stories about recently (Maddy Middleton, Jensie Wright, etc). But those kids are found quickly because they are kids. Is it possible he was looking inside and someone pushed him in to teach him a lesson? Yeah. Is it possible that someone put him in intentionally? Yeah. Is it possible that he magically flipped inside while he was left home alone unsupervised from a parent who does drugs? Not likely, at all, in my opinion. Too many odd occurrences all piled high. Noah, I'm staying here for you. I absolutely cannot even imagine what your life, much less the last moments of your life, were like. In life, you might not have someone looking out for you like you should have. In death, you have many. You are loved, sweet child.

What you said. Love this post. ^^^

What you said. Love this post. ^^^

Me too.. Thanks mpnola. You know my heart and said what my head wouldn't allow without me sounding like I was oozing sarcasm. Love, love your success in expressing this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. [emoji8]

When I go back to basics I remember my first impression, that Noah was playing with someone else outside, they dropped something or were just looking but when Noah slipped in the other kid(s) panicked and put the lid on. Then days later came the "hard credible tip" that was later denied. Like maybe a child spoke up.

But it could make sense given the scrapes on his abdomen and the lid being on. Also if other children were with him they would be protected by LE / media.

It would not have happened if he were properly supervised, IMO. Thus keeping the focus on the parents and not some innocent playmate(s).

MOO

Beautifully said! Thank you so much for putting into words what so many feel.

I am not sure if it's ok to post this but it seems pretty credible and important. Did anyone see the post by one of the admins on the FB page where she described what she personally saw as she sat in the courtroom? Supposedly the prosecutor tried to present hundreds of text messages as evidence but it was objected and dismissed because the investigator who collected them was not present....
Can this be verified?

I am not sure if it's ok to post this but it seems pretty credible and important. Did anyone see the post by one of the admins on the FB page where she described what she personally saw as she sat in the courtroom? Supposedly the prosecutor tried to present hundreds of text messages as evidence but it was objected and dismissed because the investigator who collected them was not present....
Can this be verified?

A quick email to one of the reporters who was there might help?

"The cell phone found in Noah’s pocket was determined to belong to Ashley White’s aunt. She testified that she gave the phone to Noah to play with after it had been deactivated in 2014. However, the judge did not allow text messages from Ashley White’s phone into evidence"

http://wsls.com/2015/08/12/parents-of-noah-thomas-return-to-court-wednesday/

Thanks! So is it just me...or is this pretty significant? Something in those texts must have been enough to at least doubt her story is the truth? And they weren't accepted...basically on a technicality? Sorry, I still don't believe this was an accident or that AW doesn't know how he got in there. And someone else knows too.

Thanks! So is it just me...or is this pretty significant? Something in those texts must have been enough to at least doubt her story is the truth? And they weren't accepted...basically on a technicality? Sorry, I still don't believe this was an accident or that AW doesn't know how he got in there. And someone else knows too.

So if the text messages weren't allowed "at this hearing" on the murder charge I do not think that means that they cannot be introduced at trial.

ETA: Also I do think there is a chance of bringing the murder charge at a later date and the text messages may be important then, so this ruling at this hearing may not be a bad thing as it does not shoot down the messages completely as evidence per se, just at this hearing.

MOO

<modsnip>

I don't know what employees you're referring to, but if they worked at a medical facility they were likely caught in a facility-run audit. I don't personally care about Ashley's rights to privacy under patient confidentiality laws, but health care workers are told time and time again that they shouldn't access records they don't need to do their jobs. If they let their curiosity get the better of them, they deserved to be fired. You don't want someone working in health care who doesn't take patient privacy seriously. I knew a woman who worked in a lab and would routinely share with her kids the embarrassing health concerns of all their former high school classmates.

I don't understand why they didn't "aggressively" search the property immediately instead of waiting til the day they found him. I think this case has been mishandled from the get go. Imagine all the people that spent all that time combing through the area looking for that child. Night and day, in the cool weather.. frantically searching for a boy that they hoped just wandered off but in realization his body was a few steps from the trailer. :( Imagine.. I would wake up and say each day I hope and pray that they find Noah. When I ate I wondered, is he hungry, is he cold... where is that child? Not knowing was hard for me as I have a young grandchild. I found it hard to phantom that surely mom didn't do something to that beautiful boy. I would often say to my husband, wonder where he is.
I hope they find him today. Imagine the heartbreak that I felt (even though I don't know him or the family) when they found him. I would be even more devastated to see them get off scott free from this horrible crime. Yes I think they did it or more like momma did it. It would be heartbreak all over again if they "walk".

Hoping Gitana1 may be able to help explain the how or why of why AW's texts were not allowed by the judge. I am really bothered by that!

<modsnip>

Thank you for finding that. So from your link, obviously because it's a high profile case they are extra vigilant. I would wonder, though, if they looked after the defense asked for her medical records and auditors saw a possible law suit on the horizon so took evasive action.

"Various employees touch medical records, from the people who register patients, to billing to nurses and physicians,&#8221; he said.
"Turnbull also said he could not disclose the identity of the patient, but he noted that Carilion&#8217;s compliance officers flagged the violations.
&#8220;If a big story pops up, we regularly monitor employee access into the medical records system,&#8221; he said.
Carilion&#8217;s system records every time an employee accesses a patient&#8217;s records and maintains a data trail that Carilion follows to determine if the employee had cause to look at the record"

I wonder if the Prosecution quickly saw the direction the hearing was going and didn't press too hard to have the texts admitted, knowing that they were going to have to go back to the drawing board to try to shore up their case for new charges and know that the texts will be important to that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back