VA - Pastor Alfred Woodard & wife, Minnie, 76, murdered, Petersburg, 18 Jan 2017 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
oman missing, police seek ‘person of interest’ in Petersburg bank incident
minnie.jpg

Police are asking for the public’s help to find a missing woman and have named a “person of interest” in an attempted robbery and possible abduction in Petersburg Wednesday morning.

“A bizarre crime that is literally still unfolding… involving multiple police pursuits, a possible abduction and a possible robbery attempt of a person at a bank,” WTVR CBS 6 senior reporter Wayne Covil said in a live report on Facebook.

http://wtvr.com/2017/01/18/minnie-woodard-missing-attempted-bank-robbery/

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Parker Slaybaugh ‏@Parker8News 1m
BREAKING: This whole Petersburg incident just took a horrible turn for the worse. Police sources tell me they tracked down an apartment believed to belong to a girl friend of the suspect Kristopher Jones, police went inside that apartment and found a woman dead BUT police tell me that woman IS NOT Minnie Woodard she is still missing.

Minnie's husband is a pastor. I wonder if they were trying to help this young man. It really hurts my heart. Minnie looks like such a sweet person.

From your link Valkyrii......this just nauseates me:

"Rhode said Jones knew the pastor and his wife from the neighborhood and through odd jobs he occasionally performed for the Woodards."

ETA:

"Jones has at least two prior felony convictions in Petersburg. He pleaded guilty in July 2004 to breaking and entering and was sentenced to 20 years in prison with 19 years suspended, court records show. Six months later, he pleaded guilty to unlawful wounding and was sentenced to fiver years with four years suspended."

From your link Valkyrii......this just nauseates me:

"Rhode said Jones knew the pastor and his wife from the neighborhood and through odd jobs he occasionally performed for the Woodards."

It makes me so sad since they probably needed help with little things at their ages and most likely thought they were helping out someone who needed some extra cash. Instead, this person takes the life of a grandmother who probably couldn't even effectively fight back. Those that hurt children and the elderly are the worst kind of cowards.

http://wtvr.com/2017/01/20/kristopher-jones-violent-crime-spree/

Kristopher Jones, a suspect who police said abducted Alfred Woodard, sits in a jail in Hampton Roads.

Arrested Thursday morning in a Lowe’s parking lot in Norfolk, Jones is currently charged with abduction, robbery, carjacking and grand larceny...

For now, no more charges have been filed against Jones. Police wait on an identification of the woman family believes is Mrs. Woodward. And they wait on the Medical Examiner to determine the cause of death for Lugo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stahoe
Back