VA VA - Samantha Clarke, 19, Orange, 13 Sept 2010

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
WOW! LE kept this one very close to the vest as well. Praying Samantha is found.

Families of missing teens search for answers

Though their stories may differ, the families of the missing bear a similar scar.

[snip]

From her family’s townhouse in Orange County, Samantha Clarke’s image looks out from a large window. Below it, in white letters, read the words, “Still missing.”

[snip]

Searching through Samantha’s phone records, investigators discovered multiple calls from the same number the night she disappeared.

“Those phone calls came back to a phone associated with Randy Taylor,” Berry said.

Taylor, now 48, became a suspect early on, she said. He remains the sole suspect in Samantha’s disappearance, Berry said, but has not been charged.

http://www.newsadvance.com/news/local/article_d3596b1e-339f-11e3-be49-0019bb30f31a.html

Call to action: Friends, family of Central Virginia victims come together after Jamisha Gilbert’s death
Courteney Stuart
12/11/13 at 12:40 PM

Snipped and BBM:

Preceding a moment of silence, Shavers read off the names of nine victims, all of whom have disappeared in the past four years along a path that roughly follows Route 29 from Northern Virginia south to the Roanoke area: Morgan Harrington, Alexis Murphy, Cassandra Morton, Samantha Clarke, Jamisha Gilbert, Dashad “Sage” Smith, Heather Hodges, Bethany Decker and Cara Marie Holley.

http://www.c-ville.com/call-to-acti...nd-missing-people-gather-after-another-death/

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/suspect-in-case-of-missing-va-teen-now-charged-with-murder/

ByCRIMESIDER STAFF CBS NEWS January 6, 2014, 2: 31 PM

<snipped>
Orange County, Va. Commonwealth Attorney Diana H. Wheeler told WTVR in August that Taylor was a person of interest in the case of missing teenager Samantha Ann Clarke, 19, who vanished in September of 2010.

"There was a bit of contact between him and Samantha Clarke in the days immediately preceding her disappearance," Wheeler told WTVR. "He was one of a number of people she had been having contact with."

Wheeler emphasized that Taylor was never charged in connection with Clarke's disappearance.

Clarke mystery remains

It’s almost been four years since Samantha Clarke was seen leaving her Town of Orange home and though she’s still considered missing, her family fears she’s been forgotten.

[snip]

Clarke’s mother, Barbara Tinder, said she’s irritated by the lack of attention her daughter’s case has received when compared to similar cases.

[snip]

Tinder said she hasn’t received any updates on her daughter’s case from law enforcement, who cited a recent gag order.

According to Town of Orange Police Chief Jim Fenwick, the gag order is the result of a motion granted in the Murphy case, in which a suspect has been arrested and charged with the missing girl’s murder. That suspect is also a person of interest in Clarke’s disappearance, according to a summer press release from Orange County Commonwealth’s Attorney Diana Wheeler. Several gag orders have been issued in the case, including one which forbids witnesses during that trial, which begins in May, from mentioning any other missing persons cases in Virginia in relation to that suspect, Randy Taylor.

More: http://www.dailyprogress.com/orange...cle_1b5d9ac0-b500-11e3-b79b-001a4bcf6878.html

Dive teams search lake for missing teen Samantha Clarke
Posted: Sep 11, 2014 11:36 AM CST Updated: Sep 11, 2014 3:59 PM CST
GREENE COUNTY (WSLS) - Dive teams from all over Virginia are searching Greene Acres Lake for missing teen Samantha Clarke.
This Saturday marks four years since 19-year-old Samantha Clarke went missing. This is a lake teams have searched before. More than 70 divers from the Scruggs Dive Team, the Virginia Sate Police dive team and the Town of Orange are working to find Clarke.

Samantha has been missing for 4 years today.

Hadnt come across Samanthas case before. It kind of sounded like to me she was meeting up with a guy and just lied to her family about going to stay with "friends" for the night. I hope she is found one day soon :(

Whoa. Take a look at her myspace:

Samantha Clarke hate lyfe fuc this ***** im done i cant it anymore i wont cut myself even though i rellywant to s i just mite but i just want to die
Mood: want to die
1:11 AM Aug 15

Samantha Clarke i hte lyfe i need help idk wat to do icant stop hurtn or crin and bein stupid somebody plz talk to me and calm m down idk wat to do
Mood: goin crazy
12:48 AM Sep 10

Samantha Clarke youkno its funny how peoe tak **** bout u when ur around but when ur gone they miss u and ask bout u wtf i just dont understand

This doesn't look good....oh boy.
Read more: http://www.myspace.com/badgirlwithalittleangel/stream#ixzz10dNMGOml

Other than the obvious a person in this frame of mind may well be vulnerable to a man who would listen, hug her. Or to just "not care" and take risks, low self esteem or personal/family problems.

Clarke mystery remains

It’s almost been four years since Samantha Clarke was seen leaving her Town of Orange home and though she’s still considered missing, her family fears she’s been forgotten.

[snip]

Clarke’s mother, Barbara Tinder, said she’s irritated by the lack of attention her daughter’s case has received when compared to similar cases.

[snip]

Tinder said she hasn’t received any updates on her daughter’s case from law enforcement, who cited a recent gag order.

According to Town of Orange Police Chief Jim Fenwick, the gag order is the result of a motion granted in the Murphy case, in which a suspect has been arrested and charged with the missing girl’s murder. That suspect is also a person of interest in Clarke’s disappearance, according to a summer press release from Orange County Commonwealth’s Attorney Diana Wheeler. Several gag orders have been issued in the case, including one which forbids witnesses during that trial, which begins in May, from mentioning any other missing persons cases in Virginia in relation to that suspect, Randy Taylor.

More: http://www.dailyprogress.com/orange...cle_1b5d9ac0-b500-11e3-b79b-001a4bcf6878.html

"..in relation to the RAT case." But that does not and should not exclude questions, facts about the case in general, eg not RAT specific. Duh -meaning LE here not rational

http://www.newsadvance.com/news/loc...cle_a31e096c-6dcf-11e4-a97b-3b06b7c58cc6.html

Authorities said Sunday that they believe the man convicted in Murphy&#8217;s slaying is involved in Clarke&#8217;s disappearance. Randy Taylor, now 49, was sentenced in July to serve two life sentences for the abduction and murder of Murphy...

Orange County prosecutors have not charged Taylor or named him a suspect in Clarke&#8217;s disappearance but said Sunday that they do believe he was involved.

&#8220;He&#8217;s definitely our main person of interest,&#8221; Assistant Commonwealth&#8217;s Attorney Clarissa Berry said, of Taylor.

Clarke case is top priority

http://www.dailyprogress.com/orangenews/news/clarke-case-is-top-priority/article_fcca6eba-c829-11e4-abea-d30e59780793.html
In November, about 150 volunteers and law enforcement officials gathered to scour 200 acres of Eheart in OrangeCounty. The area, which is private property owned by a hunt club, is of interest because of its connection to Randy Taylor.

During a vigil marking the fourth anniversary of Clarke’s disappearance in September, Tinder said she felt like people had given up on Clarke because of the lack of publicity the case gets. She has also said she was frustrated with the lack of answers and information she has received on her daughter’s case

“Every single day, we’re working on this case in some form or fashion so to term it a cold case is not only inaccurate but would be insulting to the detectives who are working on it,” said Fenwick

[h=3]http://www.nbc29.com/story/29574968/celebration-held-commemorating-missing-orange-co-womans-birthday
Celebration Held Commemorating Missing Orange Co. Woman's Birthday[/h]Posted: Jul 17, 2015 10:38 PMUpdated: Aug 01, 2015 12:54 AM

ORANGE COUNTY, Va (WVIR) -Friends and family are remembering the woman who vanished from her home in Orange County back in 2010. Samantha Clarke would have been 24 years old Friday. Police never found her body, but those close to her are making sure her memory lives on.
Not a lot has changed at the home where Samantha lived with her mother, Barbara Tinder. Pictures of Samantha are everywhere and there are painted letters on a front window with the Samantha&#8217;s name and information still there. As each year rolls by, the family celebrates her memory in a special way.
Friday friends and family cut a birthday cake with candles, ate ice cream, and blew up balloons to celebrate Samantha&#8217;s special day. The Cue Center for Missing Persons helped host the event for Samantha&#8217;s mother.
Everything down to the color of the decorations was meant to celebrate Samantha life. "That&#8217;s Samantha&#8217;s favorite color - purple,&#8221; Tinder stated.
"We do want to celebrate Samantha, the person who is Samantha. It's a day to celebrate her, not the person on the missing persons flyer," said Shawn White with the Cue Center for Missing Persons.
Family and friends released balloons to celebrate and remember her and who she might have become. "I would hope she'd have a job and trying to get her life together and have her own transportation and stuff. That was something she hadn't been able to do because right after she finished school that's when she went missing and she didn't really have a chance to do much of anything," Tinder said.
There was also an event on Facebook inviting those who couldn't come to the birthday celebration in Orange to post pictures or release balloons wishing Samantha a happy birthday.

Samantha's mother still searching for answers 6 years later:

&#8220;I want people to know that Samantha is still missing and it&#8217;s going on six years,&#8221; Tinder said in tears Tuesday. &#8220;Please keep it out in the public that she is still missing and prayers would be nice.&#8221;

Tinder said she continues to hope for any information about what happened to her daughter but she has no answers and no information about the case from law enforcement.

&#8220;None of them contact me anymore,&#8221; she said. &#8220;I don&#8217;t know what they&#8217;re doing in my case or if they&#8217;re doing anything. I don&#8217;t even know who is on my case. It&#8217;s been a long, long time since I&#8217;ve heard anything. They say there&#8217;s nothing they can tell me. I think that&#8217;s wrong because I&#8217;m the mother.&#8221;

Orange Police Chief Jim Fenwick says the Clarke case has been worked actively since her disappearance. He said he knows people are upset with the lack of information being given to the public but that&#8217;s to protect the integrity of the investigation.

He said his department continues to work the case with agencies in Greene and Nelson counties, as well as with the FBI and state police.
Much more at link: http://www.dailyprogress.com/orange...cle_67c5f5f2-7a7d-11e6-8b06-bbe251c711df.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leledragon24
Back