VA - Scott Fricker, 48, & Buckley Kuhn-Fricker, 43, slain, Reston, 22 Dec 2017 *daughter’s bf charged*

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 158085
  • Start date Start date
Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ok, I'm starting to feel pretty boring, here. Am I the only one who never snuck out of the parent's house at night while growing up? :what: And we had pretty strict curfew, too. I knew my step-dad had super-sonic hearing and my boyfriends didn't want to have to deal with him. Just didn't even try. I'm surprised so many of my peers were doing this back in the day.

Seems even riskier today with so many homes having burglar alarms. I wonder if the Frickers had one and if the daughter disabled it? Let's go back and look at the Redfin listing again.

I never did. The consequences would have been drastic. I smoked and drank occasionally. Made straight a’s. And still got beat several times a week all through high school. And screamed at every day.

I wonder if they have any other children, and if so, I hope there's heavy scrutiny happening of their SM and behavioral histories. I can't perceive of the parents as victims, knowing what we know.

He has at least one sister.

They are victims of a sort -- I would assume their friends will never look at them the same way. His workplace, assuming he had one. Her workplace, if she had one -- that will be tuff for all. Their neighbors -- but most of them already knew the son had troubling problems/views. And the guilt of what their son did to the Fricker family. And they may lose their son, or he may not fully recover. And if he does -- a trial, and it will be awful for everyone. This is not making excuses for his family in any way, but his parents should be bearing a heavy burden, whether they deserve it or not. His parents are still in the world, however, and the Frickers are not.

I do hope the killer's parents feel some guilt over what their son did, over their poor judgment in allowing him access to deadly weapons. We can always hope they feel guilt and learn something from the experience. That's not always guaranteed, however.

I've wondered if public health agencies, etc. should begin running public service ads reminding parents and friends of people suffering from mental illness to keep guns away from them. It's time for that message to get out - that its not ok to give weapons and shooting lessons, etc. to your mentally ill kids. Either don't have the guns in your home or lock them up.

I do hope the killer's parents feel some guilt over what their son did, over their poor judgment in allowing him access to deadly weapons. We can always hope they feel guilt and learn something from the experience. That's not always guaranteed, however.

I've wondered if public health agencies, etc. should begin running public service ads reminding parents and friends of people suffering from mental illness to keep guns away from them. It's time for that message to get out - that its not ok to give weapons and shooting lessons, etc. to your mentally ill kids. Either don't have the guns in your home or lock them up.

Also PSAs to combat extreme right wing rhetoric. It's getting a lot of SM and airplay now over the past year or so, and it seems we need to concentrate efforts towards debunking the myths and lies that are being promoted so brazenly. There has been a creeping tolerance towards these aberrant views and not enough mainstream effort to shine a light on the insidious information being propagated. We obviously became complacent and are now having to fight a battle that should have been over decades ago.

We can't be fooled by when his rhetoric became, in the words of HuffPo:

When G returned to Twitter this past summer, around the time he started dating the daughter of Kuhn-Fricker and Kuhn, his tweets were vicious.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...-parents-virginia_us_5a4d0797e4b0b0e5a7aa4780

Odd target choice for a Nazi sympathizer. You can buy those online. Here's a link to a first responder site that sells them.

https://www.chiefsupply.com/law-enforcement-targets-hans-zombie-target-full-color.html

I read the HuffPo article earlier this afternoon. It sounds like a fairly clear case of extreme right wing views and a growing penchant for violence that was ignored and aided by parent(s). After so many tragic cases, it's amazing that some parents still purchase guns for their mentally ill offspring and encourage them to target practice as a hobby. This guy's parents are probably lucky they didn't end up victims, too.

Given it's been two weeks,he's still in critical condition and LE still hasn't served him, he's probably not in good condition, either.

Would be interesting to know what his injuries are exactly - reports out there he shot himself in the head, although not directly enough to kill him. If he had had massive brain swelling he'd already be dead by now - I've had cases where people have shot themselves, even in the head, and lived - injuries to jaw, face - I just wonder if he is responsive, etc. I hope he is so he can stand trial. Who knows.

Yes -- IF she will talk to them. I wonder if she had any idea at all that he would do what he did. Did he always bring a weapon when he visited her "after hours" (if he did visit before as he did that night)? Did she know he was armed that night? Is she under a doctor's care due to the tragedy? SMH. Why, oh why did he bring that weapon?

Its hard not to notice when your b/f shows up with a gun, hammer, knife , 10 cartridges......wasn't she wondering whatcha doing here at 5 am with all this stuff? things that make you go hmmm......

They are victims of a sort -- I would assume their friends will never look at them the same way. His workplace, assuming he had one. Her workplace, if she had one -- that will be tuff for all. Their neighbors -- but most of them already knew the son had troubling problems/views. And the guilt of what their son did to the Fricker family. And they may lose their son, or he may not fully recover. And if he does -- a trial, and it will be awful for everyone. This is not making excuses for his family in any way, but his parents should be bearing a heavy burden, whether they deserve it or not. His parents are still in the world, however, and the Frickers are not.

His parents work together self owned real estate business, financially successful - hope they lose big now , I think their business can be part of a civil suit. I've never seen the mother's FB site, but hear its not good. I wouldn't doubt, though, that they start blaming the girl for dragging their poor baby into this....usually these kind of folks have done so much enabling they don't see themselves as part of the problem.

Its hard not to notice when your b/f shows up with a gun, hammer, knife , 10 cartridges......wasn't she wondering whatcha doing here at 5 am with all this stuff? things that make you go hmmm......

I think he got there around 4 a.m. , they were in there together, for about an hour, iirc. The 10 cartridge cases, I think, are the spent brass. Magazines hold the shells. The average magazine holds 30 shells. You can get them that hold more but the most common is 30.

How many people were staying in that house that night? Hadn't they just held a big intervention for daughter that weekend?

His parents work together self owned real estate business, financially successful - hope they lose big now , I think their business can be part of a civil suit. I've never seen the mother's FB site, but hear its not good. I wouldn't doubt, though, that they start blaming the girl for dragging their poor baby into this....usually these kind of folks have done so much enabling they don't see themselves as part of the problem.

I don't think that they will lose much business over this. The mother was very full on posting on Facebook about her right wing views and it didn't seem to hurt the business. Distasteful memes of violence toward people that she didn't agree with.

Very creepy looking. Is this an item the shooting range usually supplies or do patrons bring their own targets? Just curious.

We don't go to the range. We just shoot here on the property. I know the gun shops have targets for sale but we normally just use the bulls eye targets or milk jugs. I'd not be surprised if they sold them at the ranges though. When target practicing, a lot of folks will use an outline, of some such. The zombie thing makes it not so "human", is my take.

Maybe he just wanted it to use as a poster.

That's the target he was shooting at, at the gun range. If it were me, I might pick a Nazi Zombie... I'd not pick a poster of, say, a Marine Zombie, but I don't really like shooting at the outlines. Of course, maybe after, he took it home and hung it up in his room.

Wrongful Death suits - one for each victim could financially ruin even a well-to-do family. If those parents actually encouraged their son -- the target practice is very suspicious -- in the hate/nazi/homophobic etc., side of things, that would be a very tuff argument to defend in a WD suit, IMO.

I don't think that they will lose much business over this. The mother was very full on posting on Facebook about her right wing views and it didn't seem to hurt the business. Distasteful memes of violence toward people that she didn't agree with.

I dunno I think it takes on a whole new meaning when you support someone who purposely killed two innocent people, parents of children at Christmas time. I would hope people would just patronize someone else, someone without controversy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We can't be fooled by when his rhetoric became, in the words of HuffPo:

When G returned to Twitter this past summer, around the time he started dating the daughter of Kuhn-Fricker and Kuhn, his tweets were vicious.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...-parents-virginia_us_5a4d0797e4b0b0e5a7aa4780

Interesting that the boys relative said in this interview that people with mental health issues should be not be allowed to own guns - does this person realize his parents took him target shooting? Lol obviously they were very well aware of his serious mental health problems.

I dunno I think it takes on a whole new meaning when you support someone who purposely killed two innocent people, parents of children at Christmas time. I would hope people would just patronize someone else, someone without controversy.

I am not sure that it would be seen as supporting the murderer. I would bet that there would be a lot of people who feel sympathy for the parents of a troubled boy who murdered. If the people doing business with them didn't mind her racist memes, they feel the same way IMO.

I just have to say that the daughter was really dumb to take her bf all the way to her bedroom with her parents just down the hall!

With the design of that house, going to the basement level would be the smartest thing for them to do.

Will the daughter be charged as an accomplice since she let him in and knew what he brought with him, and what his plans were?

Perhaps LE is waiting to serve papers on the bf as they know he isn’t going anywhere, and they are giving her some time to accept what has happened before they serve her? JMO

Interesting that the boys relative said in this interview that people with mental health issues should be not be allowed to own guns - does this person realize his parents took him target shooting? Lol obviously they were very well aware of his serious mental health problems.

Parents like these who enable their children, think it is someone else's fault that their children are the way they are. The school confiscated something from him, and the parent's took the school to court and lost.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RETI20
Back