VA - Scott Fricker, 48, & Buckley Kuhn-Fricker, 43, slain, Reston, 22 Dec 2017 *daughter’s bf charged*

• Thread starter Deleted member 158085
  • Start date
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That's what I'd do as well, and, if she were mine, I'd want her as close as possible. OP said her parents had her sleep in their bedroom. I wish I'd thought of that one. The only thing I'm wondering about is iirc, a relative heard something and alerted the parents. I think there's a kitchen down there. Maybe they'd put her there to give a relative a double bed, and she let him in on that level. The relative came down for something to snack on, and heard something. Went up and alerted the parents.

I can't put my hands on the link but I thought I'd read that there was blood on the office walls. I think there's an office on that same level.

I've only seen bullet holes/fragments in the office. However the blood was found in so many places they didn't list it all.

“Investigators wrote that they recovered 10 cartridge cases, a knife and hammer from the home of Scott Fricker, 48, and Buckley Kuhn-Fricker, 43. They also found what appeared to be blood stains on a hallway wall, on a bedroom wall, on a bedroom door and on a hallway floor, among other locations.

“One search warrant states bullet fragments and holes were found in an office, in a ceiling and in a hallway.

“One search warrant also states the suspect in the case was a juvenile offender, but does not detail his conviction or convictions. The Washington Post generally does not name juveniles charged with crimes, unless they are charged as adults.”

. . .

“The documents also broadly confirm an account of the killings provided by family and friends to The Washington Post.”

. . .

“Fairfax County police said the teen remains hospitalized in critical condition and has not been served with the charges yet.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...bc0c6e-f09f-11e7-97bf-bba379b809ab_story.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the responses. I know the difference between civil and criminal. My question is whether charging him criminally as an adult would mean the parents can't be sued civilly. I'll look for the VA law

A case in PA where a civil suit has been filed against adult parents of an adult defendant.
I know it's a different state but I still thought it might be helpful.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...druple-bucks-county-pa-murders-300573874.html

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...uly-2017-8-*Arrests*/page18&highlight=dinardo

That lower level one is where I would put guests to give them more privacy. When I visit my friend in MD, I stay in the semi basement area (like this house) where I have my own bathroom and a small kitchenette where I can make toast and coffee at any hour without disturbing her.
Most people don't put their teens in first floor bedrooms, especially if there are concerns about them sneaking around.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Most people don't put their teens in first floor bedrooms, especially if there are concerns about them sneaking around.

If the girl was in the downstairs bedroom I doubt anyone would have heard them.

The knife and hammer... I'm thinking this was planned in advance, and they, oops, misspoke, HE was planning to use a quieter method.

I don't think he could have come in with a knife, hammer, and gun without her being aware he had them.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That's what I'd do as well, and, if she were mine, I'd want her as close as possible. OP said her parents had her sleep in their bedroom. I wish I'd thought of that one. The only thing I'm wondering about is iirc, a relative heard something and alerted the parents. I think there's a kitchen down there. Maybe they'd put her there to give a relative a double bed, and she let him in on that level. The relative came down for something to snack on, and heard something. Went up and alerted the parents.

I can't put my hands on the link but I thought I'd read that there was blood on the office walls. I think there's an office on that same level.
BBM
I've known people who took the kid's bedroom door off.

The knife and hammer... I'm thinking this was planned in advance, and they, oops, misspoke, HE was planning to use a quieter method.

I don't think he could have come in with a knife, hammer, and gun without her being aware he had them.

Agreed - I still wonder what the girl's role in all this was - what did she think he was coming there to do with all of those things? Could she not have warned everybody to get out - good grief did she not realize this kid is nuts?

I've only seen bullet holes/fragments in the office. However the blood was found in so many places they didn't list it all.

That why I'm thinking it's those two bedrooms. Their doors open facing each other and there's a small hall that exits to the main hall. It could be her b/r is the one at the end of the hall though. Bullets can go through walls. It's a tight space either way you look at it.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Level2_Reston.jpg
    Level2_Reston.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 111
BBM
I've known people who took the kid's bedroom door off.

I don't understand why people are unwilling to call the police in situations like this, the girl didn't think of him as dangerous, he was her b/f, but the parents knew he wasn't right, that he had very ugly nazi leanings, advocated violence, was virulently anti-semitic especially once the mom found his twitter account. The neighbors didn't call the cops when he moved a 40 ft swastika in their community lawn, but went to the parents even though they all knew he was troubled kid. I know the mother was raised there in that development, but really, you know he's troubled, he's now going public with hateful views and the parents ways not working in stopping the kid - so out of consideration of parents you don't go to police? HuffPost has article on the hateful rantings in pseudo account, ranting on about Syria, Trump. Apparently the mom was on-line defender of Confederate statues remaining in place.

Agreed - I still wonder what the girl's role in all this was - what did she think he was coming there to do with all of those things? Could she not have warned everybody to get out - good grief did she not realize this kid is nuts?

She too has to have some significant problems, or she wouldn't be in the same school as him, and he wouldn't have been coming in and out of her bedroom before this. Like I said, I was very wild, and OPs have said they were rowdy kids, but absolutely no, way, I'd have brought a boy into my home like that. Especially with my parents in the home, sleeping, just down the hall.

Totally agree.

I don't understand why people are unwilling to call the police in situations like this, the girl didn't think of him as dangerous, he was her b/f, but the parents knew he wasn't right, that he had very ugly nazi leanings, advocated violence, was virulently anti-semitic especially once the mom found his twitter account. The neighbors didn't call the cops when he moved a 40 ft swastika in their community lawn, but went to the parents even though they all knew he was troubled kid. I know the mother was raised there in that development, but really, you know he's troubled, he's now going public with hateful views and the parents ways not working in stopping the kid - so out of consideration of parents you don't go to police? HuffPost has article on the hateful rantings in pseudo account, ranting on about Syria, Trump. Apparently the mom was on-line defender of Confederate statues remaining in place.

You can't believe everything you read on the internet. Just today, a supposed Muslim guy with over 100K twitter followers forgot to sign out of that account before posting a racist hate tweet he wanted others to be blamed for :)

I think the floor plan showed all the bedrooms upstairs.

Floor plan!? I missed seeing that, and would really like to see it. Could someone point me to it, please -- pretty please.

Many thanks.

Some are, some aren't. Mine are pretty quiet. My parent's were the older ones from the 70s.. They made more noise. I went out my bedroom window, but, it was difficult to get back inside in my window the way the window was made. So, I'd unlock the sliding door, go out my window, and come back in the sliding door. I figured out, just how to lift it, and pull, at the right speed, to make it open, just enough for me to squeeze through. I was kinda tall and and on the skinny side, so I didn't have to open it all the way. Where there is a will, there is a way.

Yes, I can see that, especially if they're only pulling the door open wide enough to squeeze someone through. Obviously, it worked as the news reports stated he had been in the girl's room at least an hour(?) before the parents/guests heard something and responded.

He likely wouldn't have come in the front, as neighbors or passing cars may have seen him. I'm assuming this wasn't the first time he visited their home after hours.

Some are, some aren't. Mine are pretty quiet. My parent's were the older ones from the 70s.. They made more noise. I went out my bedroom window, but, it was difficult to get back inside in my window the way the window was made. So, I'd unlock the sliding door, go out my window, and come back in the sliding door. I figured out, just how to lift it, and pull, at the right speed, to make it open, just enough for me to squeeze through. I was kinda tall and and on the skinny side, so I didn't have to open it all the way. Where there is a will, there is a way.

Ok, I'm starting to feel pretty boring, here. Am I the only one who never snuck out of the parent's house at night while growing up? :what: And we had pretty strict curfew, too. I knew my step-dad had super-sonic hearing and my boyfriends didn't want to have to deal with him. Just didn't even try. I'm surprised so many of my peers were doing this back in the day.

Seems even riskier today with so many homes having burglar alarms. I wonder if the Frickers had one and if the daughter disabled it? Let's go back and look at the Redfin listing again.

Ok, I'm starting to feel pretty boring, here. Am I the only one who never snuck out of the parent's house at night while growing up? :what: And we had pretty strict curfew, too. I knew my step-dad had super-sonic hearing and my boyfriends didn't want to have to deal with him. Just didn't even try. I'm surprised so many of my peers were doing this back in the day.

Seems even riskier today with so many homes having burglar alarms. I wonder if the Frickers had one and if the daughter disabled it? Let's go back and look at the Redfin listing again.

No, I didn't either BettyP.

Yeah, I did it, too. Snuck out of friend's house while staying the night, and later snuck out of my house while she was staying...a couple of times. Jumped off the porch roof and road motorcycle and ATV out to a lake in the country. Walked 3 miles back in the wee hours of the morning once. Oh, yeah, and I took my parents' car once in the middle of the night when I was 14 just to see if I could. Landed in the little Mayberry type jail when I got pulled over. Had a summer of community service for that one. We were never doing anything nefarious. We were just bored country kids.

My mother still has super-sonic hearing, and she's in her 80's so no way were any of us sneaking out! lol. Not that I didn't contemplate it as a teen, but my room too high up, no way down or up...

The Kuhn-Frickers didn't have burglar alarms, but after the last attempt with daughter (the intervention) to break with the b/f she had asked to have them installed for Christmas, which was only few days away. So she didn't trust the kid not to keep trying to get the daughter back, and perhaps didn't trust the daughter not to let him in again - young love always winning over reason, and this was such a dramatic relationship.

My mother still has super-sonic hearing, and she's in her 80's so no way were any of us sneaking out! lol. Not that I didn't contemplate it as a teen, but my room too high up, no way down or up...

The Kuhn-Frickers didn't have burglar alarms, but after the last attempt with daughter (the intervention) to break with the b/f she had asked to have them installed for Christmas, which was only few days away. So she didn't trust the kid not to keep trying to get the daughter back, and perhaps didn't trust the daughter not to let him in again - young love always winning over reason, and this was such a dramatic relationship.
Where did you read this about the mom wanting a burglar alarm ?

Where did you read this about the mom wanting a burglar alarm ?

It was in one of the first articles posted. She had asked for an alarm system for Christmas.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back