VA - Scott Fricker, 48, & Buckley Kuhn-Fricker, 43, slain, Reston, 22 Dec 2017 *daughter’s bf charged*

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 158085
  • Start date Start date
Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Interesting, the father of b/f had sued the school Nov 2016 in Fairfax County District Civil Court,Detinue, a legal claim to recover wrongfully detained goods or possessions (perhaps school confiscated items from son?). The court found in favor of the school.

Interesting, the father of b/f had sued the school Nov 2016 in Fairfax County District Civil Court,Detinue, a legal claim to recover wrongfully detained goods or possessions (perhaps school confiscated items from son?). The court found in favor of the school.

It does sound like those parents enabled this disturbed young man.

I wonder what the item was ... A gun ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder what the item was ... A gun ?

The school wouldn't have kept a firearm, though. LE would have been called and they would have taken possession of the firearm, and the student would have been taken to juvie. Even a social media threat, to a school, gets your home searched, and the kid taken to juvie. Most likely it was a prohibited item such as a cell phone and it was strike three, might've been that it was a pricey iPhone, so the parents wanted it back (or some other prohibited, but not deadly, item.).

“Investigators wrote that they recovered 10 cartridge cases, a knife and hammer from the home of Scott Fricker, 48, and Buckley Kuhn-Fricker, 43. They also found what appeared to be blood stains on a hallway wall, on a bedroom wall, on a bedroom door and on a hallway floor, among other locations.

“One search warrant states bullet fragments and holes were found in an office, in a ceiling and in a hallway.

“One search warrant also states the suspect in the case was a juvenile offender, but does not detail his conviction or convictions. The Washington Post generally does not name juveniles charged with crimes, unless they are charged as adults.”

. . .

“The documents also broadly confirm an account of the killings provided by family and friends to The Washington Post.”

. . .

“Fairfax County police said the teen remains hospitalized in critical condition and has not been served with the charges yet.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...bc0c6e-f09f-11e7-97bf-bba379b809ab_story.html

“Investigators wrote that they recovered 10 cartridge cases, a knife and hammer from the home of Scott Fricker, 48, and Buckley Kuhn-Fricker, 43. They also found what appeared to be blood stains on a hallway wall, on a bedroom wall, on a bedroom door and on a hallway floor, among other locations.

“One search warrant states bullet fragments and holes were found in an office, in a ceiling and in a hallway.

“One search warrant also states the suspect in the case was a juvenile offender, but does not detail his conviction or convictions. The Washington Post generally does not name juveniles charged with crimes, unless they are charged as adults.”

. . .

“The documents also broadly confirm an account of the killings provided by family and friends to The Washington Post.”

. . .

“Fairfax County police said the teen remains hospitalized in critical condition and has not been served with the charges yet.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...bc0c6e-f09f-11e7-97bf-bba379b809ab_story.html

Investigators also found a phone they believed might be the suspect’s sister’s phone inside the Fricker’s home. The search warrant states the suspect often takes it and uses it.

Wonder if his parents confiscated his phone

. . .

. . .

Also from the article:

“Investigators recovered gun parts, ammunition and a gun box from the suspect’s Lorton home, according to a search warrant.”
BBM

I had suspected the gun the suspect shot the Frickers with came from the suspect’s/his parents’ home (OK, the above does not confirm that 100% -e.g., the gun box belonged to another gun, which another family member was using at the time, had been stolen, etc.-, but based on the above statement, most likely, that’s where it came from.

Nauseating.

As a parent of a 15-year-old who has been all but formally diagnosed with borderline personality disorder (as per guidelines, psychiatrists almost always wait until the patient turns 18) and for whom a therapeutic boarding school has been recommended ... I will never understand.

Investigators also found a phone they believed might be the suspect’s sister’s phone inside the Fricker’s home. The search warrant states the suspect often takes it and uses it.

I bet they did.

They also found a hammer, and a knife, at the scene. Also, I thought he'd already been charged, but this article states that he has not.

Fairfax County police said the teen remains hospitalized in critical condition and has not been served with the charges yet.

I bet they did.

They also found a hammer, and a knife, at the scene. Also, I thought he'd already been charged, but this article states that he has not.

The gun, ammo, hammer and knife certainly indicate premeditation. It sounds like he came there with the intention of killing the parents, possibly the gf and himself. Perhaps he was planning murder suicide with the gf and the parents interrupted.

The article also says the SW indicates the victims had been in communication with the killer's parents prior to the murder. It's such a shame the killer's parents allowed him access to the gun and didn't properly supervise him or try to get him help. Who knows, maybe their home life was very dysfunctional.

One search warrant also states the suspect in the case was a juvenile offender, but does not detail his conviction or convictions. [/]
(From above link)

Would love to see what he had been convicted of prior.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

On another site a 'friend' states that the boy was ordered by a judge that he could not use the internet for a specificed time period perhaps the reason he was using his sister's phone. More enabling.

Sounds to me that he came there to kill - ammo rounds, knife, hammer. Unbelievable.

The gun, ammo, hammer and knife certainly indicate premeditation. It sounds like he came there with the intention of killing the parents, possibly the gf and himself. Perhaps he was planning murder suicide with the gf and the parents interrupted.

The article also says the SW indicates the victims had been in communication with the killer's parents prior to the murder. It's such a shame the killer's parents allowed him access to the gun and didn't properly supervise him or try to get him help. Who knows, maybe their home life was very dysfunctional.

BBM
I do not understand this, "Let's bond through target shooting", thought process. If for no other reason, than you have a child with some very difficult problems, and it's possible they could become depressed and hurt themselves! They obviously took him to the range, there's photos. He is under 18 so I'm almost positive he'd have to have a parent or guardian present. Just hugely irresponsible. As for the dysfunctional part, when you have a child who has these diags, and it's bad enough to warrant a "private school", your home is likely, at least somewhat, dysfunctional. Ours was, and still is, to some degree, but my son, couldn't hold a candle, to this kid, back at age 17. This kid is one very messed up individual.

Sounds to me that he came there to kill - ammo rounds, knife, hammer. Unbelievable.

Horrible. There were reports that he was in the daughter's bedroom for about an hour before the parents confronted him. So it doesn't seem he came in the house with guns blazing to kill. I want to know what the daughter says happened -- did he show her the gun, talk about killing ....?

Horrible. There were reports that he was in the daughter's bedroom for about an hour before the parents confronted him. So it doesn't seem he came in the house with guns blazing to kill. I want to know what the daughter says happened -- did he show her the gun, talk about killing ....?

He may have been threatening to kill himself and the girlfriend trying to talk him out of it.

On another site a 'friend' states that the boy was ordered by a judge that he could not use the internet for a specificed time period perhaps the reason he was using his sister's phone. More enabling.

Sounded kinda like he took it. How many sisters/siblings would willingly give up their cellphones? I'd not doubt he didn't just swipe it from her when he wanted. Could it be that sister was afraid of him and just gave him the phone if he demanded? Maybe.

I'd like to know how he got to their home that night. He lived thirty miles away. Did he hitch? Did he have his own vehicle with unrestricted use? Was he taking another family member's keys at night, and taking their vehicle? Had the parents just given up and were letting him roam, free-range, hoping for age 18?

I bet both of these kids, have been very exhausting, for both families, but, his family made more than one, very poor judgement call, with their child, from my way of looking at it, anyway. I think he'd still have eventually killed someone though, if not this couple, then someone later down the line.

I'm wondering if this happened upstairs. I was a rowdy kid but I would never in a million years have snuck a boy in my room when it was on the same floor as my parent's room.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!
Back