VA - Scott Fricker, 48, & Buckley Kuhn-Fricker, 43, slain, Reston, 22 Dec 2017 *daughter’s bf charged*

• Thread starter Deleted member 158085
  • Start date
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
New article with an interview with the daughter's friend:

"[FONT=&amp]In a series of text messages to her daughter's high school classmate in October and November, Buckley Kuhn-Fricker expressed concerns about her 16-year-old's "downhill slide" since she began dating another teen she met at the private school they attended in Springfield, Virginia.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]"The downhill slide since she has been with [redacted] is super scary and sad," Kuhn-Fricker wrote to Mja Allem, 18, who told BuzzFeed News that she had known Kuhn-Fricker's daughter since they were 11 years old.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]"I'm not impressed by him in any way, but as far as I can tell he has always been very nice to her," Kuhn-Fricker told Allem, who provided BuzzFeed News with screenshots of the text messages. "If I didn't think he was being nice, then there would be nothing redeeming about him."[/FONT]

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tasneemnashrulla/texts-from-mom-shot-dead-after-confronting-boyfriend

I'm going with both of them troubled, and, in love.

[FONT=&quot]Allem told BuzzFeed News on Wednesday that she attended the Dominion School along with Kuhn-Fricker's daughter and the suspect. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]The school's website [/FONT]states[FONT=&quot] that it is a "coeducational, therapeutic special education day school" for "adolescents who are experiencing emotional, learning, and/or behavioral problems that interfere with their educational development."[/FONT]

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tasneemnas...ng-boyfriend?utm_term=.oy88d8LdLw#.tqQrDr1D15

It may be just me, but I don't see anyone with as much hate, anger, prejudice that this kid had inside as being able to actually love,really love. It's usually about control, and he didn't like her parents interfering in his relationship with their daughter. She had a two-hour limit phone time with him - after being in school together? That's not unreasonable. ANd now, no way are his parents unaware of the issues he had, the interview with daughter's friend says the mom contacted his mom, about his neo-nazism and sneaking in to their home the night before. So he came the next night - armed. Planned out, stop me and I'll kill then, who the hell do they think they are.. I know someone close to his family said he suffered from mental illness, but that's probably not the case - behavioral issues not mental illness. Where/how he got the gun is important. If the parents had gun, didn't secure the gun from minors especially one with known behavioral and hate issues, are they complicit in his actions?

If they hated him so bad, what was with the two hour phone time limit? I'd have cut it off completely. I had software on my tech devices and all of them in the home were MINE. These were two troubled teens... look at the school site, the link is in the article.

Woah, I thought they attended a different School! Dominion... explains a lot...

The Dominion School (TDS) was founded in 1985. TDS is an accredited, coeducational,*therapeutic special education day school.* We provide a highly structured and individualized*psychoeducational model for 27 adolescents who are experiencing emotional, learning, and/or*behavioral problems that interfere with their educational development.* We utilize a unique*combination of small academic classes, individual, group and family counseling to contribute to*the growth of each student.* Our primary goal is to help our students return to a less restrictive*educational setting with the academic, social, and emotional skills they need to succeed.

http://www.thedominionschool.com/

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That makes me worry more for that girl, now her supportive parents are gone.

If they hated him so bad, what was with the two hour phone time limit? I'd have cut it off completely. I had software on my tech devices and all of them in the home were MINE. These were two troubled teens... look at the school site.

Because they were trying to be reasonable. I don't know how she spoke for that long on a phone. I get a sore ear when my daughter rings me and speaks for half an hour.

Yikes! I wonder how each of them ended up there in a group of only 27 students. Tuition is typically paid by the public school district.
These are really messed up kids. Now I'm thinking this is more of a messed up kid story rather than a Neo Nazi story.

BBM
A couple of thoughts ..

Regarding rehabilitation... Would you want him living next door to you? Would your compassionate friend want him dating her daughter? He's 17. He attended a good school and was able to function in society. He was not insane. He knew right from wrong, and he murdered two people. He is a danger to society and should at a minimum be behind bars for the rest of his life. I'm hoping they go for the death penalty.

I'm a bit hesitant to say this, because I in no way condone their beliefs, but despite their beliefs most white supremacists are able to control their actions and not commit murder. (an observation, no blowback please, their rhetoric has certainly contributed to countless crimes and murders)

Regarding appeasement... I do think a more moderate approach may have been more successful and avoided violence. Also, a long term view of the situation, very few teen age romances last. Would he have murdered them anyway? Maybe, there's no telling.

Another random thought... He had a history of *ahem* visiting the daughter at night. I'm wondering what their reaction was to that? From what has been reported, Buckley asked for an alarm system the day before the murders. Why not when they first realized he was visiting at night? I wonder what they thought of the boy and the relationship prior to finding out about the Neo Nazi beliefs? Were they ok with her spending hours on the phone with him?

Trying to understand what family dynamics were like over the last few months. Had they been biting their tongues for months, waiting for the relationship to burn itself out? Were they ok with, or at least accepting of, the nighttime visits and apparent sexual activity? (Some parents are shockingly permissive, IMO) Were they opposed to him all along or was there a complete and sudden change?

The DP is off the table since he was under the age of 18 when he committed the crime:
[h=3]The Death Penalty for Juveniles | Capital Punishment in Context[/h]

In a 2005 decision called Roper v. Simmons, the Supreme Court of the United States ruled that the execution of people who were under 18 at the time of their crimes violates the federal constitutional guarantee against cruel and unusual punishments.

https://capitalpunishmentincontext.org/issues/juveniles

And this:

The Supreme Court says it is unconstitutional for juveniles to serve mandatory life sentences without parole. They call it cruel and unusual punishment. The justices issued that ruling five years ago and clarified last year that it also applies to thousands of people already serving time.Aug 2, 2017

[h=3]An Investigation Into Juvenile Life Without Parole : NPR[/h]
https://www.npr.org/2017/08/02/.../an-investigation-into-juvenile-life-without-parole
----------------------------------------------------

It is possible for a LWOP sentence to be given to an individual who as a minor when a murder
was committed -- a judge will weigh the mitigating vs. aggravating factors of the
case as presented by defense attys & prosecutors, if the prosecutors ask for LWOP.

The DP is off the table since he was under the age of 18 when he committed the crime:

https://capitalpunishmentincontext.org/issues/juveniles

And this:

https://www.npr.org/2017/08/02/.../an-investigation-into-juvenile-life-without-parole
----------------------------------------------------

It is possible for a LWOP sentence to be given to an individual who as a minor when a murder
was committed -- a judge will weigh the mitigating vs. aggravating factors of the
case as presented by defense attys & prosecutors, if the prosecutors ask for LWOP.
Thanks for the correction! I had completely forgotten!

This quote has been bothering me...

In a message she sent to the boyfriend’s mother, Kuhn-Fricker reportedly wrote that the boy “was sneaking into our house at night … and is an outspoken Neo Nazi. These things render any legal redemption void.”

http://people.com/crime/reston-va-murders-parents-daughter-neo-nazi-boyfriend-fear/

What on Earth is she talking about? Legal redemption?

In a message she sent to the boyfriend’s mother, Kuhn-Fricker reportedly wrote that the boy “was sneaking into our house at night … and is an outspoken Neo Nazi. These things render any legal redemption void.”

http://people.com/crime/reston-va-murders-parents-daughter-neo-nazi-boyfriend-fear/

I found it odd too. She was using lawyerly terms in a non-lawyerly way.

27 students?!

“Family services are also provided and required for all TDS students and their parents. We believe that these services enable families to work together to resolve issues and plan for the future. The goal is to develop and implement a unified staff and parental approach toward helping the student develop and maintain academic and behavioral gains.

Family services include:
Development and implementation of an individualized family counseling plan
Parent support groups
Individual family meetings
Quarterly written progress reports
Phone support for crisis intervention and/or to answer questions
Opportunity to serve on the Parent Advisory Board
Books and articles as resources for the parents

The purpose of the individual family meetings is to review and evaluate family and student progress toward meeting individual goals and objectives.
http://www.thedominionschool.com/family_program.htm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Crisis intervention counseling is also available as needed.

Yikes!

So knowing that the boy was screwed up in Lord knows how many ways, why on Earth didn't they get a security system right away?

I wonder what the school's success rate is for mainstreaming students back to public school?

Because they were trying to be reasonable. I don't know how she spoke for that long on a phone. I get a sore ear when my daughter rings me and speaks for half an hour.

They had all day at school together. Two hours was a quite a tad too long considering the school they were in, and her concerns. She was blaming the bf, but she's indoctrinated her daughter, in their beliefs, from birth, 17 years. What was she doing hooking up with a Nazi? AND mentioning it to Mom. I'd have never told my parents. Never. Unless I just really wanted to p*ss them off real good. This relationship was allowed to go on for seven months. They were together every day. All day. Then to cut if off at Christmas? It was too late the hormones had hit and daughter was in love with the bf, and daughter was likely a hard to handle kid too, or, she wouldn't have been there at that school.

These are really messed up kids. Now I'm thinking this is more of a messed up kid story rather than a Neo Nazi story.

I agree. I've thought it almost from the beginning. I was a hard to handle kid around their age. No private schools then... I did graduate though but I honestly don't see how.

They had all day at school together. Two hours was a quite a tad too long considering the school they were in, and her concerns. She was blaming the bf, but she's indoctrinated her daughter, in their beliefs, from birth, 17 years. What was she doing hooking up with a Nazi? AND mentioning it to Mom. I'd have never told my parents. Never. Unless I just really wanted to p*ss them off real good. This relationship was allowed to go on for seven months. They were together every day. All day. Then to cut if off at Christmas? It was too late the hormones had hit and daughter was in love with the bf, and daughter was likely a hard to handle kid too, or, she wouldn't have been there at that school.

Yes, I think there's a whole lot more to the family dynamics in both families. It appears both families had some serious issues.

This school will keep some students up to the age of 22. I wonder if the boy was on a normal graduation track or if he was likely to be there a few more years?

Crisis intervention counseling is also available as needed.

Yikes!

So knowing that the boy was screwed up in Lord knows how many ways, why on Earth didn't they get a security system right away?

I wonder what the school's success rate is for mainstreaming students back to public school?

Their own daughter was in there. They trusted her that she'd broken it off. I think these folks were a bit naive, and I don't mean that in a bad way, just that, I think that they had too much trust in their own troubled child.

Yes, I think there's a whole lot more to the family dynamics in both families. It appears both families had some serious issues.

This school will keep some students up to the age of 22. I wonder if the boy was on a normal graduation track or if he was likely to be there a few more years?

Unless he was under court order to attend there, he could check out and tell them to go kick rocks, when he turned 18.

Their own daughter was in there. They trusted her that she'd broken it off. I think these folks were a bit naive, and I don't mean that in a bad way, just that, I think that they had too much trust in their own troubled child.
I hope the family member who will get custody knows what they're getting into and are truly able to take

I don't believe that she 'indoctrinated' her from birth. They brought her up with their own values. That is not indoctrination. They are not the ones preaching hate to their daughter.

If they hated him so bad, what was with the two hour phone time limit? I'd have cut it off completely. I had software on my tech devices and all of them in the home were MINE. These were two troubled teens... look at the school site, the link is in the article.

I think they feared the bad influence he was over their daughter, indoctrinating her on falsehoods of neo-nazi hate-thought, lies, disinformation and overall prejudices. They were afraid of him turning her against them and all those who didn't think/feel same as he did. But sounds as if they didn't know he was a neo-nazi till recently, and didn't want to alienate her - force her to choose between him or them - and when you're 16 and in love, you're always going to go with the boy friend. It also sounds as if the mother was monitoring communication texts, social media - so they used fake accounts to hide it from her parents. Yes, two troubled teens, we know the lengths her parents went to in order to try and protect her from herself and him. Be interesting to see if he parents did the same.

I think they feared the bad influence he was over their daughter, indoctrinating her on falsehoods of neo-nazi hate-thought, lies, disinformation and overall prejudices. They were afraid of him turning her against them and all those who didn't think/feel same as he did. But sounds as if they didn't know he was a neo-nazi till recently, and didn't want to alienate her - force her to choose between him or them - and when you're 16 and in love, you're always going to go with the boy friend. It also sounds as if the mother was monitoring communication texts, social media - so they used fake accounts to hide it from her parents. Yes, two troubled teens, we know the lengths her parents went to in order to try and protect her from herself and him. Be interesting to see if he parents did the same.

It seems his mother had her own right wing views and was not shy to shout them out, until her son murdered two people and now she has gone all quiet.

I'd wondered about that wording too, and I bet that she wanted to yank her daughter out of the school after Christmas Break, and was expecting to be released from her contract with the school, and their funds returned.

It is the right which the vendor reserves to himself, to reacquire the property sold provided her returns to the vendee the price of the sale, the expenses of the contract, any other legitimate payments made therefore and the necessary and useful expenses made on the thing sold, and fulfills other stipulations which may have been agreed upon.

https://definitions.uslegal.com/r/redemption/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Columba64
Back