GUILTY VA - Shannon Gore charged in death of infant, child abuse, Hayes, 2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The purse was discovered days later by hospital staff. Inside was a camera, which is now police evidence.

http://www.wtkr.com/news/wtkr-gl-shannon-update,0,5163592.story?track=rss

I don't know if this is actually a new update on Princess Sunshine... or if it is just repeating the old news. But it is in this newer article...

May 10, 2011 -

The little girl investigators found in the makeshift cage remains hospitalized in guarded condition at Children's Hospital of the King's Daughters in Norfolk.

http://www.dailypress.com/news/glou...r-abuse-search-warran20110510,0,4993244.story

I'm thinking that the lawyers probably got it arranged for moving, either on their clients behalf or by means of property transfers etc. I am going to talk to the manager today and plan on asking if she knew what happened to it.

As an off topic aside, I doubt very seriously LE took it as they would not have moved a house they could have easily searched and whatnot right where its at-that coupled with the fact that it isn't cheap. This county's money is gonna be right tight because we are still recovering from an f3 tornado that blew through here 4/16 and all but destroyed one of our two middle schools in addition to many homes with 3 deaths. Appeals are more than likely in place but FEMA has denied assistance. With that said, emotions were understandably sensitive when this began and has certainly made many even more angry and upset given the fact these people took family and hearth totally for granted.

If this is what I'm thinking it is, then it's entirely possible that LE moved the shed and trailer. If those two (insert expletive) people were doing any kind of child trafficking/*advertiser censored* at their home, I have to wonder if federal investigators are stepping in. Why else would he try to ditch the computers? That would take the financial burden off Gloucester and they would absolutely want to process those buildings inch by inch.

LivingWrite - welcome to WS.

:wagon:

Something tells me this is going to be one of the more horrific cases we get here and we ain't heard nothin' yet.

Since the perps have lawyered-up we won't hear much from them and with the privacy laws in place we won't hear much on the children, unless LE decides to do periodic updates or a relative gets involved an choses to share...

I gotta tell ya the folk that moved the trailer at least, not to stereotype my own community but those were 'guinea boys', not LE.

I gotta tell ya the folk that moved the trailer at least, not to stereotype my own community but those were 'guinea boys', not LE.

Does LE know it was removed?

If you aren't sure they know, It might be worth a call just "to let you know this trailer was moved... I wanted to make sure you were aware and gave someone permission to move it."

"Oh yeah, we had them remove it." You know LE did it.

Or a "Oh yeah, we gave them permission." You know someone else did it.

Or a "WHAT?! They moved the trailer?!" You know that's a problem and it's good you called.

I also might throw in "while I have you... do you happen to know if the little girl's condition has improved at all?"

But that's just what I would do. It would bug me to not know if LE was aware of the move.

'Guinea' is a term that applies to the locals here in Gloucester, and it is also an area of Gloucester (there's a Guinea Road here). The word originated back when we were still a colony of the King, as the fishermen here were paid in 'guineas' for their work. The word sort of stuck, and it implies local born and bred boys.

http://www.dailypress.com/news/gloucester-county/dp-tsq-mid-gore-community-response-0520110511,0,291806.story

Okay first off a link to the news info, Sunny is indeed still in Guarded Condition.

Gloucester County is a rural community with strong ties to watermen and fishery. Here is the link to our community on Wikipedia, scroll down and read the section on Guinea. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gloucester_County,_Virginia
But here is a blurb: re:watermen-fishing...While the industry has declined over the years, it still remains the cultural core of the community. The watermen are known locally as "Guineamen." Guineamen speak a distinct, heavily accented form of non-rhotic Southern Vernacular English.

These guys to outsiders would look quite disheveled with their appearance, but for the most part are just hard working country folk. They can be very hard to understand to someone who is not used to hearing them speak. If anyone is familiar with some of the dialects of some of the remote islands up and down the east coast many watermen share this distinction. Tangier Island is a great example. But I digress...You can almost always tell when someone is a native Gloucester resident versus a "come here".

From all I've seen these guys were most likely family of one of these monsters. I plan on trying to confirm this afternoon with the park manager as I wanted to speak with her about something anyways and am just gonna throw this out there too.

Edited to add: I called the sheriffs department just now. I told the gal why I was calling, she didn't know the lot was now empty and put me on hold. The investigators did say that they are aware that family has removed the shed and mobile home, he said they have everything they need. I got the "we can't give out information" but as an aside she did say that she heard she was very ill when they found her and everyone was praying for the little girl.

I still have to go back to my gut feeling on this that this couple actually had the first two children for some strange/dark purpose. Ive researched people hiding a child’s birth/existence and they usually are one of the following categories:

1)Young women that hid their pregnancy and kill the child right after birth (or leave it somewhere)
2)Women that don’t like the father-to-be so they don’t tell them they are pregnant and try to hid the existence of the child
3)People that are extremely poor but aren’t really hiding the child, they just birth the child at home, there is no legal record/birth certificate of the child but people do know of its existence

Then there was this one couple that had five children and she hid them all. She had run away at 16 and was afraid her family would find her. And that’s about it…

Its just extremely unusual that she hid two pregnancies, two children’s births and two children’s existence for a long, extended period of time. And the third not only did she NOT hide it, but seemed completely proud and displayed the sonogram pic for all to see…

Now with the talk of the laptops and camera, things aren’t looking good at all… this people are truly sadistic.

Another news article...http://www.fox43tv.com/dpps/news/local/evidence-caged-child%27s-mom-loved-her_3808334

I got some information today from someone with inside info...
Mom has been acting crazy in jail. (my husband says its prolly an act)
The deceased child was a boy.
Brian complained about his leg shackles being a little too tight on the day of his arraignment, the deputy looked at him and said, "Just keep walking".
And the children were hidden for 'religious reasons'-basically because they weren't married when they were born/conceived.
They have been officially moved for their safety.
Sunny's condition has been upgraded to stable.

1. The deceased child was a boy.
2. Brian complained about his leg shackles being a little too tight on the day of his arraignment, the deputy looked at him and said, "Just keep walking".
3. And the children were hidden for 'religious reasons'-basically because they weren't married when they were born/conceived.
4.They have been officially moved for their safety.

The title of that article is offensive.

1. That changes things a bit, as to people thinking these people favored boy's over girls.
2. Good. He sure as hell doesn't deserve special treatment. lol. His shackles are too tight but he's fine with his daughter not being able to stand up straight and a whole crap load of other things? Nice. If I were those cops his shackles would be so tight the circulation would be cut off to the point where eventually he'd need double amputations. No wonder cops go through 'self control' training.
3. WTF? Did their religious reasoning dictate to them to torture Sunny? I don't put much stock in any religion, but if there is the heaven/hell stuff, I would LOVE to find out what their god has in store for them!
4. Does this mean they aren't in general pop? They really need to be in with general pop. Cause you know, GP should be the new death row. You don't even really need the death penalty... someone in GP will do the job for free. Saves the states millions!

I really want to know how the boy died now. Also, clearly they weren't all that hidden if your source knows what they know.

Another news article...http://www.fox43tv.com/dpps/news/local/evidence-caged-child%27s-mom-loved-her_3808334

Brian complained about his leg shackles being a little too tight on the day of his arraignment, the deputy looked at him and said, "Just keep walking".
And the children were hidden for 'religious reasons'-basically because they weren't married when they were born/conceived.

evidence she once loved her and then a switch? WHAT??? how does a switch flip and suddenly you don't love one, but have another one?

So many questions run through my mind, not that I expect anyone to know -

Grandparents had to know, especially if they lived locally? Who's moving the shed and trailer? These people must be shocked there was a child? Is anyone visiting Sunshine?
Friends had to notice?
Didn't anyone ever come to their home?
Didn't Sunshine ever cry when one of them was on the phone?

I am not the best housekeeper - it's usually pretty cluttery, but with just a few minutes notice I can get things at least presentable, how do people not know there is a child in the next room?

Normal relationship with parents? Really? Where is the child's birth certificate? Why did the father claim that child was 2? Did the child ever go to a doctor? Especially if this child actually has down syndrome and cerebral palsy, one would imagine the child should have been cared for by a physician.
And never mind the child was found in a type of "cage" sitting in her own waste.

Normal relationship with parents? Really? Where is the child's birth certificate? Why did the father claim that child was 2? Did the child ever go to a doctor? Especially if this child actually has down syndrome and cerebral palsy, one would imagine the child should have been cared for by a physician.
And never mind the child was found in a type of "cage" sitting in her own waste.

And in the dark, starving to the point they didnt think this child would survive another week...

Thanks Jinxy. It is good to hear that little Miss Sunshine is showing some improvement.

Ok attorney Smith says that he didn't talk to Brian. But Brian is the last one known to have the computers that were later recovered by LE. Smith say "someone" brought the computers to him. So who was it? And how did they get hold of them?

LOL on the story of Shannon at the hosp. She thought she could get away didn't she? She must have thought an arrest was coming. Thought she could get away and hide evidence at the same time. It's a wonder the ceiling didn't didn't collapse under her.

http://www.fox43tv.com/dpps/news/local/evidence-caged-child's-mom-loved-her_3808334

"Ron Smith (her attorney) said he is paying little attention to charges that Shannon Gore crawled into the ceiling at Riverside Walter Reed Hospital after questioning. A digital camera in her purse found in the ceiling days later is now evidence."

Now that's lawyerspeak if I ever heard it....Really? He doesn't think it's significant that she crawled up into the ceiling tiles in the ER room, to escape?????? I call foul.

And the lawyer hired a psychiatrist to evaluate Shannon? So they'll be going for a mental health defense when it gomes to trial, I'm guessing, and probably a healthy dose of PPD to add to it, now what will they claim for Brian Gore- mental health defense there too? He certainly can't claim PPD. I still want to know how Shannon G can afford an attorney, while her hubby cannot. ok, so she made $2K off the gold bouillon, (unless she had to split that with the mystery man), and supposedly there was $2k cash stolen in that same robbery, but no way will that even start to cover her defense.

And in the dark, starving to the point they didnt think this child would survive another week...

And if that child did actually die, would that lawyer consider it "natural causes?" After all nobody would have physically killed the child.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shayput1996
Back