GUILTY VA - Shannon Gore charged in death of infant, child abuse, Hayes, 2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Brian and Shannon Gore are the biological parents of the one month old son who is now in foster care, the 6-year-old who is at CHKD, and the child whose remains were found buried.

The investigators and prosecutor in this case are also working on the assumption the daughter was born in November 2004 which makes the child 6 years old. Believe it or not, the Gores could not give an accurate birth date.

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_news/attorneys-appointed-in-neglect-case

Brian and Shannon Gore are the biological parents of the one month old son who is now in foster care, the 6-year-old who is at CHKD, and the child whose remains were found buried.

The investigators and prosecutor in this case are also working on the assumption the daughter was born in November 2004 which makes the child 6 years old. Believe it or not, the Gores could not give an accurate birth date.

I don't think that it has been confirmed yet that they are the biological parents of all three. The article says that the investigators are working on the assumption that they are.

The paragraph is confusing as it also says

Investigators are working on the assumption the child found in the crib box, who is now at CHKD in guarded condition, weighs only 16 pounds

Either Sunshine weighs only 16 pounds or she doesn't. there is no assumption to be made there, investigators have access to her exact weight, and her current medical condition via the hospital.

poorly written article in that regard, lol.

I'm also semi-local (York Co, but I grew up in Bena) but I don't have much to add other than my feeling from local media coverage is that Ron Smith (and boy would I like to know who is paying him) pulled the "we'll tell our story, there's 2 sides to this story" from his lawyer manual.. filed under "things to tell media when you're still getting your client's story straight"
However, FWIW, there was another case (google Heather Poertner) in local media very recently about a mother, under stress caused by multiple children, one severly handicapped, subjected her child to extreme neglect to the point of death. Mom pled guilty and there was a slew of "what happens when the parents of special needs kids can't handle the stress" stories that surely increased awareness in the community about the hardships parents endure often with little or no support. With that being the main ingredient, plus a big scoop of PPD.... yeah, well... as far as directions to go in, I think that's going to be the one they pick. MOO, of course... we'll see.

Such a terribly sad story, and how scary that for the most part normal looking people can be monsters.

Assumption obviously doesn't mean proof.
The investigators can assume all they want, until they do DNA tests, their assumption is not conclusive.

I am trying, but I cannot wrap my head around this crime, they don't even know their baby girl's birthdate!?! WTH?? Generally something like that is not easily forgotten.

Did they move into that house in the dead of night? How do you move a baby from one location to another and have NO ONE aware that a child is there?

I hope that Sunshine recovers and both her and Baby Boy are taken far, far away - never to have to lay eyes on those degenerates again. I volunteer to be the one who breaks the news to SG & BG...

I continue to look for someone who has defended them on local articles, there is no one defending though.

I wonder if parents have visited them in jail, or if either of them are on suicide watch.

I am trying, but I cannot wrap my head around this crime, they don't even know their baby girl's birthdate!?! WTH?? Generally something like that is not easily forgotten.

As far as I understand it, he gave them the birthday date which will make the child 2 years old, but authorities appear not to believe it.

As far as I understand it, he gave them the birthday date which will make the child 2 years old, but authorities appear not to believe it.

Right, when authorities first found he did give a birthdate making her 2 yrs. No doubt medical professionals disputed that rather quickly once she was examined at the hospital.

Right, when authorities first found he did give a birthdate making her 2 yrs. No doubt medical professionals disputed that rather quickly once she was examined at the hospital.

One can forget the date, but I doubt one can confuse if the child is 2 years old or 6 years old. So if the child is actually 6 this would appear to be deliberate deception.

He probably confused Sunshine and the dead child. I bet we find out that the dead child was around 2 years old.

Also, I can see how they might not remember the exact birthday Sunshine. I bet they never celebrated her birthday and she was treated like crap her entire life. This isn't looking good. Damn, you'd think they'd pick a date outta thin air just to make themselves not look so bad, but they can't even do that.

Another thing. The black girl in the photos? (I can't look at myspace pics) Did she appear to be around 2? The dead child could be her if so... maybe she died b/c of her color. I know they say that one died in 2007, but you can post pics from the past online, and even if the pic had a date on it, that doesn't mean much b/c on some cameras you need to manually set the date, and not everyone does.

I saw that the baby's name is Connor in an article the other day. I'll try and find it for ya'll.

I wonder if they dated in high school. They were 3 years apart, but went to the same school.

I know Brian's ex-GF spoke, saying she's totally surprised, etc..., but have we heard from any of Shannon's ex's?

Buffet, I was told the baby boys name is Connor but I still dont know what Sunshines name is-but I like Sunny better ;)

Buffet, I was told the baby boys name is Connor but I still dont know what Sunshines name is-but I like Sunny better ;)

Well, since she had no birth certificate, no medical records, and certainly no social security #, in effect, she had no legal name. That sounds sad, and it is, but something tells me she'll be much happier with a new name, lots of physical therapy, lots of time to get some energy and pounds on her, and caring nurses around the clock. You know she must be breaking everyone's heart in that hospital. From past medical background, nurses and even the most hardened of docs just adore these little ones who've had a rough life. They always get the super-special treatment! (And deservedly so!)

I'm also semi-local (York Co, but I grew up in Bena) but I don't have much to add other than my feeling from local media coverage is that Ron Smith (and boy would I like to know who is paying him) pulled the "we'll tell our story, there's 2 sides to this story" from his lawyer manual.. filed under "things to tell media when you're still getting your client's story straight"
However, FWIW, there was another case (google Heather Poertner) in local media very recently about a mother, under stress caused by multiple children, one severly handicapped, subjected her child to extreme neglect to the point of death. Mom pled guilty and there was a slew of "what happens when the parents of special needs kids can't handle the stress" stories that surely increased awareness in the community about the hardships parents endure often with little or no support. With that being the main ingredient, plus a big scoop of PPD.... yeah, well... as far as directions to go in, I think that's going to be the one they pick. MOO, of course... we'll see.

Such a terribly sad story, and how scary that for the most part normal looking people can be monsters.

You may be right, this may be the direction the attorney Smith tries to steer things. Only thing is, as Sunny was born under the radar, no birth certificate, no one knew of her, I think it is a good bet there will be absolutely no documentation that Sunny had any special needs or developmental problems at all. Any that she is diagnosed with at this point will most likely be chalked up to the extreme physical and emotional neglect she has endured. A sort of which came first chicken or egg thing.

Bottom line, I doubt Sunny has EVER in her six years even seen a doctor. No jury is going to buy that poor overwhelmed mom with a challenging child and PPD defense. Not in this case.

Yeah but just because the jury probably won't buy it, doesn't mean the attorney won't try it. Remember they don't have to convince the whole jury, all they need to do is convince one juror.

But it is even going to be hard to convince a jury I believe. First they will have to prove that the handicaps existed before the neglect. They will have to have someone else to verify it, the mother's statement won't be enough. And even then, they would have to convince the jury that they had no other options, because even if it was true it is still neglect. Proving there was no other options will be almost impossible since no one knew of the child's birth, it makes it pretty obvious that they never reached out for help.

LOL I still think they are going to face off and each blame the other. Both attorneys said almost the exact same thing. Like one was mocking the other.

This case just blows my mind.Unfortunately we hear about abused children all the time,mostly mother's that may have had good intentions in the beginning and let stress or a man or whatever else take over the way they treated their children.
We see girls all the time that hide their pregnancies as well but they tend to "get rid" of the baby as soon as he/she is born.I don't think I ever heard of a case where a momster hid not only one but two pregnancies and held on to the babies and let them die a slow,tortures death.I'm so glad they came just in time to save Sunshine but the other poor little one is gone forever.
I don't understand,these people seem to have tons of friends,family ,a whole lot of support,church......wth could have happened?
Momster must have been really young and unmarried when she was pregnant with the first two.Was she trying to hide her shame because she was not married?did they grow up with strict rules like that?but then how was she able to hide the babies from her parents so long? "thou shall not kill" but there is no specific commandment against slowly letting your child starve? Did they make it "ok" in their minds by saying well,we do throw her some pop tarts? It's so disgusting to look into her eyes playing with the camera in that birthday video while a child is at her house suffering!
I was thinking about the black little girl myself or if Sunshine and the other baby was a different race?

She is definitely a white female, or investigators wouldn't be working on assumption she is their bio child. The dead child is completely decomposed so they can't even figure out if it's male or female (so far) but I presume it's also white male or female, or again investigators wouldn't be assuming the two of them are bio parents.

DNA is being done all around, as I understand it they are testing both parents and all 3 children. This case has already been a can of wiggly worms and they are dotting their I's and crossing their T's to make sure its not a deeper can still...as bad as things are I hope they aren't worse.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VaggieX
Back