GUILTY VA - Shannon Gore charged in death of infant, child abuse, Hayes, 2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
so glad to have your birdseye view onscene Jinxy. Thanks for keeping us up on the activity over there.

I dont know where this picture was taken but it is NOT at the mobile home where the body was found or the child found in the cage, there is no woods backed up to their home, its actually an open drain field and the back of my property line.

Also to add, Uhaul truck out there today I saw family taking things from the home and shed. No one said a word to anyone.

Thanks Jinxy. If I had been one of the family I know I wouldn't want to talk to anyone either. So I can't blame them for that. Esp if they didn't know anything until the arrest.

The shed will probably be torn down. I cant imagine they would fix it.

I'm not sure how to upload an image here so I hope I did it correctly but I did peak my head outside today after they had left and took a quick picture. It is a view from my backyard. I have put an outer border around their house and shed and then a smaller one just around the shed. I was just off of my porch so there isnt much to see other than the back end of both.

Attachments

• Backyard.jpg
    Backyard.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 174
I don't think anyone said it was the mobile home.. just that it's one of the guys cars, or he said it's one of his cars on one of his social networking pages.
Gotcha, I wonder if he kept that maybe at a relatives home because all I ever saw was the company van he drove and a white suv. Maybe he had plans to restore it? Well, they have officially been put on hiatus due to his actions or inactions whatever the case may be.

wow, jinxy that must be so unsettling. It wasn't til I saw the picture you posted that I realized how very near to your own place the Gore's place is.

What an uproar this must have brought to your quiet little neighborhood. Hope the lookyloos have not been too bad and that things are beginning to settle down now.

From July 2009 to June 2010, 48,915 children were reported to Virginia Social Services offices as possible victims of abuse and/or neglect, according to Prevent Child Abuse Hampton Roads at the ucantbeatkids.org website.

In fiscal year 2010, 44 children died from injuries attributable to abuse and/or neglect. Nearly all were under age 4.

Most maltreated kids are white (65 percent), and most maltreatment consists of physical neglect — failure to provide basics like food, clothing, shelter or supervision (55 percent).

http://www.dailypress.com/news/dp-nws-tamara-cage-0506-20110505,0,1692175.column

Opinion/awareness/education type article on abuse/neglect

l.jpg

Has anyone noticed the small basketball hoop in this picture of B's car? Also on the left,I can't make it out,but it looks colorful like toys?
This story is making me so sick.There are more questions than answers.
I don't think the blonde little girl in Momster's b-day pics is the victim.She is mostly on the other lady's lap.
IMO Momster reminds me of Karla Homolka in the pictures.That same deranged oversexed sadistic look in her eyes.Especially when she's posing with the black little girl.Makes me shiver.So sad and sick.

I'm sorry,I now realize that the basket ball hoop is regular sized.The way the pic was taken I thought it was one of the toddler sized hoops !

Seriously this story has me so heartbroken. I have had nightmares :(

Why the Christmas tree?
It's nice to know the girl had some clothes.

Has the girls name came out? I'd love to know. I hate referring to her as 'the girl'. I feel it's abusive... her, it, the girl... so wrong. If it hasn't or doesn't seem like it will we should give her a temporary name until we find out. "Tracey" popped into my head when I thought for a sec.

Oh, and, I meant to quote the post about the list of things taken from the home.

I'm not sure how to upload an image here so I hope I did it correctly but I did peak my head outside today after they had left and took a quick picture. It is a view from my backyard. I have put an outer border around their house and shed and then a smaller one just around the shed. I was just off of my porch so there isnt much to see other than the back end of both.

Thank you, Jinxy...I didn't realize just how close the other mobile home are to theirs and to your place. It's a very uneasy feeling to know that a crime like this has been committed so close to where you live. We had a murder committed right over the hill from where we live years ago and it un-nerved me everytime I drove past that road. Broke my heart to know that someone died so close to where I live.

Why the Christmas tree?
It's nice to know the girl had some clothes.

Has the girls name came out? I'd love to know. I hate referring to her as 'the girl'. I feel it's abusive... her, it, the girl... so wrong. If it hasn't or doesn't seem like it will we should give her a temporary name until we find out. "Tracey" popped into my head when I thought for a sec.

Oh, and, I meant to quote the post about the list of things taken from the home.

Yeah I also wondered about the Christmas tree. The ornaments makes me wonder if perhaps she bought 1 st Christmas ornaments for each child when they were born.

They seized three baby books. Was that one for each child or was three for the new baby?

Yeah I also wondered about the Christmas tree. The ornaments makes me wonder if perhaps she bought 1 st Christmas ornaments for each child when they were born.

They seized three baby books. Was that one for each child or was three for the new baby?

Makes me think it was for the new baby, considering what they had done to the other two children. I have 2 grandsons, one age 8 and the other age 6 and I can not imagine how in the world the grandparents did not know something was going on.

These people disgust me! Was hoping for an update on the little girl's condition.

Something is completely off with this story (I guess that’s an understatement in general!). No one knew about the first two children, not even relatives. Neighbors recalled commenting on her pregnancy with one of them and she denied being pregnant. Her husband stated that she had at least the one child from the cage at home and there was no birth record.

With the last child not only does she tell everyone, but puts the sonogram pictures up on her myspace as her default.

It seems to me the first two before they were born, were bred for something. I mean I know that some have speculated that maybe it was because the child had disabilities or that it was the “wrong sex” for this couple, and that’s why the stark contrast in the first two children and the last.

But they hid the pregnancies and wouldn’t not of known the sex of the child nor any disabilities until AFTER the children were born. So they had something in mind before hand.

I noticed in the list of things that were confiscated by police were CD-R disks as well as a computer were taken. I wonder if maybe it wasn’t for some type of child *advertiser censored*? A friend of mine read an article on this and he mentioned that it sounded like ritual abuse to him. Said its not uncommon for them to be kept in cages, nor for the feces part of it… I know that sounds farfetched, but it seems like they premeditatedly had the first two children for some dark purpose since they hid it to start with…. JMO…

The child has been in the hospital since she was found. I am sure that she got a through going over, and that if any sexual abuse was found he would have been charged by now.

I am puzzled about why the pregnancies weren't acknowleged. To me that began the pattern of their lives, they weren't acknowleged in pregnancy nor in life. Then along comes the third child, and there are OB visits, and acknowlegement. Very puzzling.

I do have to say this. There had to be something wrong with this girl. First she goes through a pregnancy without discussing it. How could she do that? No awe, no complaints? Second she went through labor at home, no drugs, no attendants. And she did this not once, but presumably twice. How do you do that?

The child has been in the hospital since she was found. I am sure that she got a through going over, and that if any sexual abuse was found he would have been charged by now.

I am puzzled about why the pregnancies weren't acknowleged. To me that began the pattern of their lives, they weren't acknowleged in pregnancy nor in life. Then along comes the third child, and there are OB visits, and acknowlegement. Very puzzling.

I do have to say this. There had to be something wrong with this girl. First she goes through a pregnancy without discussing it. How could she do that? No awe, no complaints? Second she went through labor at home, no drugs, no attendants. And she did this not once, but presumably twice. How do you do that?

I agree. And even the most horrific, abusive parents I've read and heard about do not hide their pregnancies and go to the extent she did so that no one knows about the child; having the children or at least one of them at home. No prenatal care, no care for herself even after the baby. No birth certificate, etc..

Well she wouldn't be the first one to hide the pregnancy, that's for sure. Usually though the kind of woman who hides a pregnancy kills or abandons the child as soon as the child is born. I don't think I recall a case where a woman not only hid a pregnancy, but kept the child hidden for years.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoly1966
Back