GUILTY VA - Shannon Gore charged in death of infant, child abuse, Hayes, 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In regards to the little girl and her future....

This is about a different little girl found in similar circumstances. And this is about her recovery or maybe I should say her recovery as far as she was able. Not to say that this little girl will go the same, but that any recovery will be a long slow sad process.
http://www.tampabay.com/specials/2008/reports/danielle/

Warning! Very difficult to read.

I don't know why I keep torturing myself... That POC who was not a mother just raised my blood pressure. Hoping Dani continues to improve. Bless her heart (and her new family's too).

SNIPPED...................................................................

"I am 100 percent sure Shannon will plead not guilty," said her lawyer Ron Smith.

Smith said Shannon Gore was not talking to police and would not disclose the content of conversations he had with his client.

He said "the general public has already convicted her" and said he would likely ask that any trial be moved out of Gloucester County

http://abcnews.go.com/US/virginia-p...keeping-starving-child-cage/story?id=13528448

I think I recall hearing about Dani's case a long time ago but had never read so much detail about it. Thank you to those members who mentioned her story and provided links.

I hope the little girl from this thread finds loving patient parents like Dani did. Do we even have a name to call this little girl yet? Did the father at least give LE THAT in addition to the few details he has provided?

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but this is a local one for me, & I just ran across this.

http://www.nbc12.com/story/14573131/caged-girls-father-in-gloucester-court

We now know that the starving young girl who was found locked in a crib is six years old. She is currently in the hospital. The child only weighs 16 pounds.

Brian Scott Gore, 29, stands accused of murder and felony child neglect. He did not request bond knowing he'd likely not get it.

Gloucester County Commonwealth's Attorney Bob Hicks says the case is the worst he's seen.

"You haven't seen the pictures. If you saw the pictures you would cry. You would cry. I'm not going to try the case on TV but it's the worst thing I've seen since I've been prosecutor," he said.

Shannon Gore, 25, was brought to the courthouse, but did not appear in court because she too is not asking for bond, and had already lined up an attorney for her defense.

poor baby, who knows for how long this child was treated thus. She could indeed suffer similar withdrawal as Dani did. Praying for this little girl.

2000- He graduates high school
2003- She graduates (?) (Shannon Nicole Smith)
2005- They move to their current location in the mobile home park.
2004-2006-ish?- baby born, (if the latest estimate of the child in the crib is truly 5-6-7 years old is correct)
Some time before 2008-They both work at the now out-of-business Carolina BBQ Restaurant.
2007-"child killed in 2007", according to LE. Child found 5 years later, in 2011 buried under shed in Gore backyard.
June 2008- They get engaged, as recorded on his myspace video
2008- She's goes to work at the Bojangles fast food restaurant.
Dec. 5, 2008 ???- birthdate stated by parents of daughter in crib
Jan.24, 2009-marriage (civil ceremony)
2009-SG posts on friend's mysp. that she is getting used to married life & "gonna try & have a baby soon"
Summer 2010??- date Brian Gore gives for when child was placed in crib/cage.
Feb/March?? 2011-She takes maternity leave from Bojangles.
March 23, 2011-She gives birth to baby boy.
March/April 2011-burglary
April 25, 2011- sale (by Shannon & unidentified male)of gold bouillon bars to auction house. Owner at Harris & Co. Auction House in Gloucester Point reports shows records that Shannon made the sale.
April 2011-Search warrant on the Gore trailer & well then we know the rest...., 2 children found in home, and one buried in shed. Children taken into custody, and remains taken for autopsy. B & S Gore arrested.

So, is the timeline still holding up, or has anything changed today?

In regards to the little girl and her future....

This is about a different little girl found in similar circumstances. And this is about her recovery or maybe I should say her recovery as far as she was able. Not to say that this little girl will go the same, but that any recovery will be a long slow sad process.
http://www.tampabay.com/specials/2008/reports/danielle/

Warning! Very difficult to read.

It is a very positive story and Dani apears to be doing very well. In comparing the 2 cases with the information we have this far I noticed Dani's weight when she was rescued was 46 pounds.

Babygirls weight has been said to be 16 pounds. I hope she is not left with lasting health issues and the she is able to recover quickly but it will not be easy. She is slighty younger then Dani. Sad to think even Dani may have been better provided for then this Babygirl. If she was put in the crib after being somewhat socialized that will go along way for her developmental progress. I hope the last summer is correct and she has not been in her crib her entire life.

2000- He graduates high school
2003- She graduates (?) (Shannon Nicole Smith)
2005- They move to their current location in the mobile home park.
2004-2006-ish?- baby born, (if the latest estimate of the child in the crib is truly 5-6-7 years old is correct)
Some time before 2008-They both work at the now out-of-business Carolina BBQ Restaurant.
2007-"child killed in 2007", according to LE. Child found 5 years later, in 2011 buried under shed in Gore backyard.
June 2008- They get engaged, as recorded on his myspace video
2008- She's goes to work at the Bojangles fast food restaurant.
Dec. 5, 2008 ???- birthdate stated by parents of daughter in crib
Jan.24, 2009-marriage (civil ceremony)
2009-SG posts on friend's mysp. that she is getting used to married life & "gonna try & have a baby soon"
Summer 2010??- date Brian Gore gives for when child was placed in crib/cage.
Feb/March?? 2011-She takes maternity leave from Bojangles.
March 2011-She gives birth to baby boy.
March/April 2011-burglary & subsequent sale (by Shannon & unidentified male)of gold bouillon bars to auction house. Owner at Harris & Co. Auction House in Gloucester Point reports shows records that Shannon made the sale.
April 2011-Search warrant on the Gore trailer & well then we know the rest...., 2 children found in home, and one buried in shed. Children taken into custody, and remains taken for autopsy. B & S Gore arrested.

So, is the timeline still holding up, or has anything changed today?

I have been reading and catching up on this new horrific case. One thing stands out regarding the body found beneath the shed... media is reporting that a "child's body" was found. Not an infant's body. Anyone else note this as surprising with such a young couple? I do think its odd the the extended family seemed to not have a clue as well. Does anyone know if this Attorney Smith is related to Shannon?

Have we seen any sign of the grandparents? On either side? It seems according to records, both Brian's parents, and Shannon's are still living, and all live in VA, fairly locally. Wondering whether they have tried to visit the child in the hospital, or made any contact?

"We have to tell our story in front of a jury. I can't tell you our story, but believe me, there are two sides to this story." this was a statement from Shannon's lawyer...REALLY?? Two sides huh? There is nothing credible in this vast universe that could explain any of this cruel unbelievable treatment or lack there of. I do know one thing, their attorney is correct that this community already has convicted them. I have heard people say they will say or do anything to get on the jury to help fry them.

"We have to tell our story in front of a jury. I can't tell you our story, but believe me, there are two sides to this story." this was a statement from Shannon's lawyer...REALLY?? Two sides huh? There is nothing credible in this vast universe that could explain any of this cruel unbelievable treatment or lack there of. I do know one thing, their attorney is correct that this community already has convicted them. I have heard people say they will say or do anything to get on the jury to help fry them.

This must be the mantra of defense lawyers defending "women" accused of abusing or killing their children. Seems I've heard of other "aha" moments that would make us understand as well.

Does anyone know if this Attorney Smith is related to Shannon?

I don't know for sure, but I'd say no. Smith is the #1 most common surname with about 2.5 million people having it.

It doesn't really matter though. Do you really think any lawyer/attorney could be so convincing that she would win/get off scott free?

I think I recall hearing about Dani's case a long time ago but had never read so much detail about it. Thank you to those members who mentioned her story and provided links.

I hope the little girl from this thread finds loving patient parents like Dani did. Do we even have a name to call this little girl yet? Did the father at least give LE THAT in addition to the few details he has provided?

There is a name blanked out on the search warrant - that was really bothering me too - I was afraid she didn't have a name. TG for small favors.

No doubt about that on the death penalty. From what I read, neither Brian or Shannon have said anything (reported) on the child under the shed. It was skeletal remains only. Just because a skeleton is found on your property, one could deny you had anything to do with it. Forensics would prove lineage and possibly manner of death. That hasn't been done yet, but first degree murder charges were levied, so I would assume that LE and the Commonwealth attorney know much more.

According to Jinxy, the investigators used heavy equipment (jackhammers?) to dig up the shed, which leads me to believe that they dug up the shed because Brian or Shannon had told them there was a body under there. It's not like the police just stumbled upon the body like they did stumble upon the little girl in the crib.

This must be the mantra of defense lawyers defending "women" accused of abusing or killing their children. Seems I've heard of other "aha" moments that would make us understand as well.

can you imagine this ever making sense?

According to Jinxy, the investigators used heavy equipment (jackhammers?) to dig up the shed, which leads me to believe that they dug up the shed because Brian or Shannon had told them there was a body under there. It's not like the police just stumbled upon the body like they did stumble upon the little girl in the crib.

Why would they tell this to investigators? There is no benefit to them, and now they are charged with murder. If anybody did tell, I bet it was someone else.

Isn't "believe me" one of those phrases that usually comes before a lie or when a person's hiding something? Kind of like "honestly....", or "in all honestness...."

From Languagemagazine.com:
"6 MODIFIERS:
If a person adds words or phrases such as, Frankly, Honestly,
Truthfully, Let me be perfectly clear, or In Truth, this can indicate lying.
Example: “Honestly, I did not cheat on the test.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand
Back