GUILTY VA - Shannon Gore charged in death of infant, child abuse, Hayes, 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
a melt down? I thought Shannon's family had no idea there was even a baby, let alone a dead one buried under the shed?

a melt down? I thought Shannon's family had no idea there was even a baby, let alone a dead one buried under the shed?

Right. They didnt so they are protecting Shannn or making excuses even though she hid and stuck her baby in a cage like an animal, so she didnt have to let on she had kids ... And Allison was born in 2004.:furious:

Umm...when did she have her break ?? It sounds like she was nutty way before 2007...:furious:

So they dropped the felony murder charge of the child buried under the shed; haven't been able to determine the cause of death. I wonder if they are still waiting on answers from the Smithsonian or if that part of the investigation is over?

http://www.dailypress.com/news/glou...er-gore-hearing-1214-20111213,0,6778589.story

from your link:
If forensic examinations of the remains are able to pinpoint factors leading to death, such as malnutrition, charges could be filed against the Gores at a later date.

from your link:
If forensic examinations of the remains are able to pinpoint factors leading to death, such as malnutrition, charges could be filed against the Gores at a later date.

Oh,,Thank you!

This article is updated:
snipped: In addition, the Gores each face charges of first-degree murder in connection with the remains of an infant boy found in a box underneath the floor of a shed outside the Gores' trailer.

http://www.dailypress.com/news/dp-nws-gloucester-gores-court-1213-20111211,0,5563583.story

I'm confused??

That article was published yesterday. Today the charges of felony murder were dropped, as there is not yet a cause of death of the baby boy. Charges could always be refiled if more evidence becomes available.

That article was published yesterday. Today the charges of felony murder were dropped, as there is not yet a cause of death of the baby boy. Charges could always be refiled if more evidence becomes available.

Ok,,my bad,,I'm reading thru too much! Thanks for the heads up!

Ok,,my bad,,I'm reading thru too much! Thanks for the heads up!

I'm always doing that! I tried to update a thread one time and didn't realize I posted an article that was several months old. So the first thing I do now is look at the date.

Right. They didnt so they are protecting Shannn or making excuses even though she hid and stuck her baby in a cage like an animal, so she didnt have to let on she had kids ... And Allison was born in 2004.:furious:

Umm...when did she have her break ?? It sounds like she was nutty way before 2007...:furious:

So the "melt down" happened after the death of the baby boy, and yet A was already alive years prior, the grandparents did not know of her, did not know of the baby boy who subsequently ended up in the shed. Yeah, a "melt down". I wanna know when did this supposed melt down occur?

Was it when A was born, a fact she clued no one in on? Was it when she had a baby boy years later, a fact she also clued no one in on? was it when the baby boy died, a fact she clued no one in on? Was it when she was helping bury the baby boy's body under the d*nm shed? Was it when she spend the next few years caging and starving her daughter, A?

My guess is the "melt down" came conveniently when she got caught.

So tell us gramma, when exactly did this melt down occur?

:burn:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/15/murder-charges-brian-shannon-gore_n_1148973.html

This article basically says the same thing - that the murder charges for the baby boy buried in the shed were dropped because of the lack of cause of death.

I wonder why they couldn't charge them with abuse of a corpse at the very least. This poor baby doesn't have anyone talking for him. They buried their baby!!! They HID their baby and did not take him to the doctor for normal care. Come on! These two are monsters in my book!!

WAVY.com was told the girl has recovered better than expected.
She is still in foster care and went to Disney World last week.

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/crime/gores-to-face-judge-on-abuse-charges

I told you guys... I have seen absolutely unbelievable things from children who are actually in worse shape than Sunshine was.

Sunshine weighed 16lbs at 6 years old...

My 2 month old nephew weighs 10lbs.
My friend adopted a 9 year old girl who weighed 10lbs.
My 9 year old weighs 55lbs.

I have seen several kids come out of similar circumstances in foreign orphanages... 9, 10, 11 even 15 years old... who weigh 10 or 11lbs.

It is something you truly cannot comprehend until you see it. When you do you will either cry or be sick... or both.
How these kids even survive is beyond me and many of them do not.

What is important though... is that when they are adopted... brought home... loved... fed... it's unbelievable.
These children have to learn how to cry, because crying never resulted in a response so they stopped years ago.
These children laugh, they smile, they manage to bond with people. Incredible... given people have done nothing but hurt them.

I have every faith in Sunshine, because I have seen it happen with children who were in even worse shape than she was.
This little girl will be okay. "Okay" may not be what we would want for her, but she will be just fine.

So the "melt down" happened after the death of the baby boy, and yet A was already alive years prior, the grandparents did not know of her, did not know of the baby boy who subsequently ended up in the shed. Yeah, a "melt down". I wanna know when did this supposed melt down occur?

Was it when A was born, a fact she clued no one in on? Was it when she had a baby boy years later, a fact she also clued no one in on? was it when the baby boy died, a fact she clued no one in on? Was it when she was helping bury the baby boy's body under the d*nm shed? Was it when she spend the next few years caging and starving her daughter, A?

My guess is the "melt down" came conveniently when she got caught.

So tell us gramma, when exactly did this melt down occur?

:burn:

Gramma first brought up this "melt down" in the same interview where she claimed that Shannon held the body of her deceased son for three days AND said that Shannon didn't talk about the events on the phone (from jail) as she spent the time crying. Excuses, made up to protect this POC daughter who gave birth twice without telling a soul! Hid the children away until one was found dead and buried and the other was near death. Shame on "gramma" for not speaking up for these babies!

Years worth of abuse and neglect that resulted in the death of an infant boy and attempted murder of a young girl. These attorneys should be ashamed of themselves; child abuse & neglect that causes a death is murder!

Bless little Sunshine's heart - I hope she continues to recover and does well, in spite of her "parents".

So when did gramma learn these details about Shannon holding her dead, unannounced baby in her arms for three days? When she wasn't talking to gramma during jail visits, but rather crying inconsolably?

Grandma sickens me. She should be making Shannon be accountable. If that were me, I would be up at that jail every day, making her tell me wth she thought was doing and thinking for the last five years!

I would be helping the prosecutor. I am sorry but this woman gets my goat.

So when did gramma learn these details about Shannon holding her dead, unannounced baby in her arms for three days? When she wasn't talking to gramma during jail visits, but rather crying inconsolably?

Grandma sickens me. She should be making Shannon be accountable. If that were me, I would be up at that jail every day, making her tell me wth she thought was doing and thinking for the last five years!

I would be helping the prosecutor. I am sorry but this woman gets my goat.

Why is grandma not seeking custody of Sunshine??

Or speaking to reportors about visits with Sunshine? About future goals of helping her granddaughter overcome the emotional challenges to her?

Anything besides Shannon and Shannon's "breakdown" . If your going to talk to the media at least try to make it sound as if you care about the little boy who died ,and the granddaughter that was saved from "shannons mental breakdown"

Why is grandma not seeking custody of Sunshine??

Or speaking to reportors about visits with Sunshine? About future goals of helping her granddaughter overcome the emotional challenges to her?

Anything besides Shannon and Shannon's "breakdown" . If your going to talk to the media at least try to make it sound as if you care about the little boy who died ,and the granddaughter that was saved from "shannons mental breakdown"

They aren't going to give either child to the family. We have heard nothing to indicate that has changed.
From day one... we wondered why the healthy baby wasn't released to family. Instead put into foster care.

Obviously... there is a reason they don't feel that is a safe situation, even for the healthy baby. :twocents:

They aren't going to give either child to the family. We have heard nothing to indicate that has changed.
From day one... we wondered why the healthy baby wasn't released to family. Instead put into foster care.

Obviously... there is a reason they don't feel that is a safe situation, even for the healthy baby. :twocents:

I think I like the idea of sunshine & brother being in foster care. That way they are getting all the services they need. JMO

When a parent sticks up for the adult unanimously and does not ever support the hurt child, it always makes me wonder what skeleton is in the parent's closet. How did she treat her kids while they were growing up?

When she asked Shannon to explain how she could have done this, Karen said, "Her answer is always just tears. I don't believe she has an understanding. It's like she shut down after her first son died."

Looking back, Karen said she noticed a depression with Shannon around that time of the son's death, mentioned something to her, but Shannon dismissed it as nothing. Shannon's defense team who has hired a psychiatrist will say it was something significant that changed Shannon. "I think he will find...that something went terribly wrong in her mind after the son died," Karen said.

The timing doesn't seem to fit if the daughter was born in 2004 and the son died in late 2007 or early 2008... ? Was the daughter a well cared for secret until then?

If the family was working with S.S a family placement is how the dept would lean unless there is a valid irrepairable issue. Or the family didnt want to take the children (whiCh is what I believe) No costudy paperwork has been filed or fought over that I have heard about.

My point was only that Grandmom ,seems to think of Shannon as the important person in this case,when clearly she is not.

So even if placement with foster parents is the only option , I would still think their would be expressions of well wishes for the children and concern and mention of them. They should be number one on her mind,JMO.

I came here to see if there was any news of trial dates being set. I realize the attorneys representing these individuals don't have much to work with and are duty bound to come up with something. I have to say though that these proposed defenses make me almost as sick and angry as the details of their crimes. Heating and airconditioning servicing might not be rocket science, but it is a skilled trade. Managing a Bojangles might not be as demanding as being Secretary of State, but there is plenty of pressure and headaches in keeping a unit up to company standards working with an ever changing crew of kids who mostly couldn't care less and the occassional retiree who doesn't like to be "bossed around." Suggesting that Brian is unable to understand the charges against him, or that Shannon is some fragile shell of a woman completely broken with reality is so unbelievable it's downright maddening. I don't think these two will get what's coming to them in this life unfortunately, but I do hope that their punishments will fit their crimes and be as severe as is legally possible. All MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717
Back