GUILTY VA - Shannon Gore charged in death of infant, child abuse, Hayes, 2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
** Im a lerker, not a poster**
Had a thought, What if the baby's where not Shannons, but Brian's from another woman, and Shannon agreed to take on the mommy role when the two got together. I live down the street from these two monsters, never meet them but I have seen Shannon in walmart and such.
**going back to lerking, just thought I would throw that idea out there**

** Im a lerker, not a poster**
Had a thought, What if the baby's where not Shannons, but Brian's from another woman, and Shannon agreed to take on the mommy role when the two got together. I live down the street from these two monsters, never meet them but I have seen Shannon in walmart and such.
**going back to lerking, just thought I would throw that idea out there**

I dunno...anything's possible until the DNA results come back. When you saw her in Walmart and around, was she alone?

So, way back in the beginning of this thread it's mentioned that the mail carrier remembers seeing the little girl and thought she disappeared b/c of divorce or something. If these 2 idiot people let Sunny go to the door when the mail carrier was around, didn't they stop and think that others might notice her? The whole scenario is so bizarre I have to wonder if SG/BG have been high for the past eight years.

Also, as per the marriage license, Shannon's birthday is 6/27/86 and Brian's birthday is 9/19/81.

What if all we ever find out is that they hid two pregnancies, completely isolated two babies, all because of some vague, nonsensical fear of parental/family scorn since they weren't married (even though they were living together)? What if that is ALL there is to the story? What if there is no sexual abuse, no incest, no unnamed biological parents, no super-religious-to-the-point-of-crazy inlaws, no underage sex cover-up, no gender discrimination, no child trafficking, nothing? Just "Well, we were kind of worried what our families would think." Even Shannon's lawyer said it didn't make sense, but that was their minimal reasoning.

Shannon DID conceal and deny at least one pregnancy, making her very unusual -- especially because she kept concealing the babies alive instead of killing or abandoning them. Personally, I don't think Shannon is the naive young woman pushed around by the older guy. I don't picture a man saying, "We can't tell our families!" and any normal pregnant woman saying, "Okay, I won't tell anyone I'm pregnant. I'll hide it and then we can hide the babies too." No, this is the kind of crazy business specially reserved for women.

When a study was done to find out what kind of women conceal and/or mentally deny their pregnancies, the researchers were surprised at their findings. They found that these women "were predominantly over the age of 18 and were multigravidas" (had multiple pregnancies, miscarriages, abortions, even other living children). The women didn't all claim that their parents or baby-daddies were unusually judgmental where they wouldn't have been supportive. Also, "contrary to our hypothesis, abuse histories were not commonly noted." They also noticed these women were usually kind of quiet.

There is an assumption that a woman who conceals/denies mentally that she is pregnant does so because a) she has abusive parents, or b) she has no support system, or c) she's never been pregnant before and is clueless -- but none of these assumptions holds true. I don't think any of these assumptions will hold true with Shannon either.

One study found that of women with pervasive denial of pregnancy (meaning they denied it even to themselves all the way thru to delivery) "48% had some documented mental disorder, and ...10% were mentally retarded." So schizophrenia, personality disorders, or diminished intelligence were found in 58% of the women. But that leaves 42% who did NOT have any obvious mental problem.

I don't think Shannon was completely nuts or profoundly retarded -- it takes a lot of planning to conceal two children. I'm afraid there is no easy explanation, just as there is no easy explanation when a normal-seeming, diligent student with loving, supportive parents dumps a baby in the bathroom at the prom (Melissa Drexler). She blankly, unemotionally admitted it when questioned. Something missing there, as with Shannon.

Study: http://psy.psychiatryonline.org/cgi/content/full/48/2/117

Melissa Drexler: http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20122470,00.html

But how many of these "pregnancy denial" women kept the child hidden for years? I do not believe Shannon fits into that category at all, because we aren't just talking about "pregnancy denial" in this case.

So, way back in the beginning of this thread it's mentioned that the mail carrier remembers seeing the little girl and thought she disappeared b/c of divorce or something...

I do not think we can assume the child he saw was in fact "Sunshine."

Thanks for your response, though I am aware of these things. I did mean incest possibly causes more genetic defects as the sperm has a similar makeup to the ovum. I'm not sure where you get the "very very rare cases genetic'' because it is an extra copy of the 21 chromosome which is a genetic defect of the person's DNA..

Your post did give me another idea as to why these people may have hid Sunny though.

Maybe they hid her because they were ashamed of her condition... Just this weekend I was talking to my dad and found out a friend of his had a brother with DS, except he used the term 'mongoloid' to describe him. That is an outdated term for DS as well, so maybe if her parents did know they too were ashamed of the child so told her to keep her hidden.

I'm not trying to make excuses, I'm just trying to make sense of a senseless situation.

That makes sense to me, pregnancy denial, no prenatal care, child born with problems. She didn't want anyone to know, but at the same time she couldn't kill it. Maybe that is what her lawyer meant by proof of care at one time. Still, whatever mental illness that caused the pregnancy denial also apparently dictated her care of the children. A poptart twice a day? This woman worked in a restaurant for god's sake. She was capable of maintaining relationships and providing customer service. That smacks of sociopath to me. Cared more about what other people thought about HER, the feelings of the children mattered none.

I hope she lives in a death penalty state.

She does but I dont think they have a DP case. Awful as it is.

But how many of these "pregnancy denial" women kept the child hidden for years? I do not believe Shannon fits into that category at all, because we aren't just talking about "pregnancy denial" in this case.

True, there is more than JUST "pregnancy denial" going on in this case -- she didn't kill or abandon the babies. That's why I said she was especially unusual. Her case is like a mish-mash of both pregnancy denial and severe neglect.

But Shannon did conceal/deny one or maybe two pregnancies -- that appears to be a fact at this point. Not getting prenatal care and denying she was pregnant when asked by a neighbor puts her in the "pregnancy denial" category, IMO. Why she denied or concealed it and whether she was even aware of being pregnant is another matter.

I am more and more confused by this case by the minute. I have followed from the beginning, but it just keeps getting more and more hard to follow. I have a couple of things to point out that make this hard to fathom (at least for me).

1 - Neither of these two look like the typical "child-murderers" in my opinion. What I mean by this is they do not have the same soul-less eyes that you see in others in similar situations (ICA for example). In fact, I do not detect evil in either of them, weird as that sounds. Perhaps that is why no one has come forward. Usually you get the whole "oh yeah, something was off about that person from the beginning". Maybe there really is none of that here, and people are just astounded that this would occur with two seemingly normal young people.

2 - The only thing strange about SG is that in EVERY picture I see of her, she looks like a completely different person. Does anyone else notice that?

I am more and more confused by this case by the minute. I have followed from the beginning, but it just keeps getting more and more hard to follow. I have a couple of things to point out that make this hard to fathom (at least for me).

1 - Neither of these two look like the typical "child-murderers" in my opinion. What I mean by this is they do not have the same soul-less eyes that you see in others in similar situations (ICA for example). In fact, I do not detect evil in either of them, weird as that sounds. Perhaps that is why no one has come forward. Usually you get the whole "oh yeah, something was off about that person from the beginning". Maybe there really is none of that here, and people are just astounded that this would occur with two seemingly normal young people.

2 - The only thing strange about SG is that in EVERY picture I see of her, she looks like a completely different person. Does anyone else notice that?

Remember Ted Bundy?

Yes SubtleGrace, good comparison. The only difference is Ted Bundy seemed to have evil oozing out of every pore. With these two, I just don't sense that. I know it sounds a bit weird. It is hard to put into words.

Yes SubtleGrace, good comparison. The only difference is Ted Bundy seemed to have evil oozing out of every pore. With these two, I just don't sense that. I know it sounds a bit weird. It is hard to put into words.

I don't know, I see what you don't in Shannon's eyes.
I see vacant in Brian's eyes.

I see a teeny-tiny bit of shame in BG's mug shot. Even a little tear in the eye, but mostly he just looks defeated. Not the kind of remorse he should be feeling, knowing the police are going to dig up his baby son.

I think Shannon looks irritated in her mug shot! She looks pissed that someone is interfering in her life. Even the tilt of her head seems like she is annoyed, not ashamed like she should be if she had any heart. Her eyes look drier than his, for sure.

And yes! Shannon looks different in every picture, like she is working to please a different audience in each photo -- except in the mug shot where she has no mask on.

I have to agree with that.
I thought a lot if she could have been one of the wife's that is controlled by her husband and just does whatever he wants even if that's torturing and killing her own children.But IMO too much speaks against that.Even the stealing of the gold (what a strange crime in itself) Aparently she was with another man during that episode.A "controlled " wife wouldn't be hanging out with other guys breaking into other peoples homes to steal gold IMO

I know what you're saying, but I think Shannon, especially, is very practiced at seeming "normal", appearing to fit in, etc... To me, the give-away is that she seems to have no friends, and her house was a "closed family" house. Not sure if that is the correct term, but a house where no one came over to visit. They always went out to others houses, but no one came in. In those homes, there are often many secrets. JMHO, of course.

I have to agree with that.
I thought a lot if she could have been one of the wife's that is controlled by her husband and just does whatever he wants even if that's torturing and killing her own children.But IMO too much speaks against that.Even the stealing of the gold (what a strange crime in itself) Aparently she was with another man during that episode.A "controlled " wife wouldn't be hanging out with other guys breaking into other peoples homes to steal gold IMO

Good point, and I'm still wondering who her accomplice in the gold-selling was. Very strange behavior for a newly post-partum mom. She seems to be the dominant one in the marriage relationship.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eppomoosha
Back